AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews

By: GNC

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Size Increase
  • Strength Gains
  • Indurance
  • Tastes Great
  • Price
  • Try To Get It At Gnc When Its On Sale Buy One Get One 50% Off!
  • Serving Size Too Much
  • Don't Use 3 Scoops Too Much Protein!

Well hey there everyone, yea this IS my first review. My name is Dalton sorry if this is rough around the edges, never done a written review :D. I have been lifting for 10 years now. I started when I was 13 and now am 23 it has been quite the journey and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It has taught me so many lessons on how to be a better version of myself, I couldn't imagine where I would be if I never would have started. In that 10 year span I have taken many supplements. I started out with proteins and weight gainers around 15 16, and this product here just happens to be the first whey based protein I ever took. My diet usually consists of many carbs (mostly complex), lots of protein(not always the cleanest I enjoy mass rather its wet or dry), and my fat intake depends on the type of lifting im doing at the time(bodybuilding, powerlifting, Olympic) or how i've designed my program. Sorry if im jumping around haven't done an intro for a long time. When I first started lifting I just lifted... too much too often, had no certain program, and didn't care that much about it. Luckily my dad(who did a little bodybuilding in his day) and my coaches at school saw potential in me, even with my foot long hair and awkward looking peach fuzz face. Ok back to fifteen, once I had been lifting a couple years I realized I needed to make my lifting a little more focused because I was starting to find a passion for lifting. You all know what that meant, it was time to be the next Arnold :) yes bodybuilding became my first true love and I thought it was the only way to lift after my decision to start. So I continued bodybuilding for quite sometime, I do want to mention I had a fairly high level of natural strength. This is why I disregaurded all other forms of lifting because I was making BOTH constant strength and size gains bodybuilding with bodybuilding rep ranges. This worked for quite a while setting records at the school and being what I saw in my selfish 15/16 year old mind as "the best" :). Luckily this eventually all changed one day when I met my first powerlifting mentor at the little dungeon gym we used to have in my hometown. I can still remember the day I met him, I walked into the gym ,saw 565 on a bench bar, kinda pooed a little then seen this skinny framed 220 lb guy walk over to it. He asked if I could be a side spotter as not many people went to the gym in my town. I happily agreed he said "yea just an easy lift off I should get 2 or 3"..... WHAT 2 or 3 yes I was ready to run away with my tail between my legs. Eventually he asked me what I was training for and I said I don't know and that's when I was introduced to powerlifting. Also did I mention this guy was a deadlifter lol. He showed me the ropes and eventually at the age of 17 I set a state record in bench press and narrowly missed beating the shirted bench record raw. anyhow after that I sadly thought that my life was all about alcohol for a while. I got in some trouble started going down a horrible path I wont go into gorey detail. However there was a period from 18 to mid to late 20's when lifting took a backburner to this lifestyle. Somehow during this time I was managing good grades in college, although I was still using supplements I was using them very VERY incorrectly. During this time I pulled off running a successful ph cycle with the help of my chemistry teacher. I ran a cycle of p-mag yes it was a mistake at that age, NEVER would I EVER suggest that anyone run a ph cycle that young. however I researched it for about a year before. I pre loaded all the good supports ran cycle assist, milk thistle, hawthorne during. After cycle I ran pct assist, animal stakII, and some good old liquid nolv I cant remember the exact dosages but you get what im saying. I am very very grateful im not on hormone replacement therapy today from my past stupidity. Alright, once I got past the stint of stupidity and got cleaned up I started bodybuilding once again, and today the most accurate thing I can tell you is I love both sports Olympic lifting eh its ok but not my fav. Well much of that brings me to this point I have been using supplement reviews for a long time. It has been involved in most if not all of my research, I have never found a site that remotely measures up to SR and hopefully I can add a little more to the already amazing collaboration of knowledge. I hope this is detailed enough if there is something I should do different please let me know as I am new to writing reviews. I plan on doing many more reviews on things such as natty t boosters, pre-workouts, pump agents, and many more!

I wont go into crazy detail and list all of the ingredients however I will give you my opinion on 60 g of protein. I am by no means calling this a bad product I think its a great product but 60 g of protein at full dose. I don't know if this is so they can also sell you digestive enzymes with it or what but if you take full dose without, unless you have a very high bodyweight and most of your bodyweight is muscles youre not using near 60 g. I believe when I used this product I used the full dose because back then I was under-educated on supplementation, I only weighed 160 lbs :D most of it turned into waste :D just like the money haha. but it is a solid product packed with aminos, lots of them and a couple other goodies you don't usually see in protein. 7/10 just too much protein

I never once had a problem with this category other than with water if using a human sized dosage the flavor could be slightly dull but no big deal. 9/10

In my opinion this is very effective as a whey protein because it's a little more than just that with all the extras, it can help you gain muscle mass, strength, it can definitely help recovery as well. however if you take at full 3 scoops it can very easily help you with gaining extra fat as well. 8/10

Yes this is absolutely the biggest con to the whole product there are far cheaper whey isolates/hydrosolates on the market, one just has to make the personal decision if the extra "goodies" are worth it or not. 6/10

Side Effects

none except for fat gain if dosage is not matched up to body's needs. 9/10

Conclusion

Well here we are the end of my first review hope it hasn't been to much of a train wreck. As far as the product goes it can be a great product if used in the correct dosage that your body needs, however if it isn't dosed correctly a lot of it goes in the toilet along with money per serving. When it comes to product price, yes it is expensive but there is a very valid argument that it is totally worth it with all of the extra aminos and other goodies in it. That is the main reason I gave the overall a 7/10 this product varies for everyone depending on preference. Well if you're reading this thank you for sticking around, thank you for your time, and remember the greatest supplement is your mind so think strong ;) bye guys and gals till next time.

• Admin_
    January 20, 2016

Hey Dalton! Welcome to SR! Your intro is fantastic but I think the review is a little bit thin. That said, I went ahead and gave it the thumbs up. Would love to see some extra detail about ingredients, effectiveness, digestibility, etc on your next reviews!

• January 20, 2016

awesome thank you so much! I will do everything I can to keep improving:)

January 21, 2016

I disagree and don't understand how this is getting a thumbs up. Here's why:

1) Great intro, but it belongs in an "Introduce Yourself" topic thread in the forum, not in a review for a product.
    2) Lack of proper grammar makes it a pain to read. It doesn't have to be perfect, but this is far from it.
    3) A couple of times you mentioned if you take too much of it you will gain fat. That's broscience. The only thing that makes you fat is eating too many calories. It doesn't matter what macros those calories come from.
    4) I think you could do a much better job being concise about the ingredient profile and its effectiveness.

It's obvious you have a passion for working out and using supplements. That comes through and I love that aspect of your review. However, you need to rework this review before I would give you a thumbs up. Fortunately this is somewhat of a democratic system and I'm currently outvoted. So maybe you don't have to do anything.

• January 21, 2016

Thank you for your comment Odaat, as with all comments I will use them to improve. I was kind of worried about how long the intro was but I read too much into the "make sure you introduce yourself properly", and the "people with only one review are suspicious" statements. In all honesty reading over it I agree Odaat, that being said I am very grateful that it did get passed and I promise I will improve.

• Admin_
    January 21, 2016

@ ODAAT - I'm glad you voiced your opinion! This democracy thrives on healthy debate. Everyone needs to be an independent, critical thinker, and I'm glad to see you doing just that.

January 22, 2016

You have a good attitude. Not many take criticism well, even if it is constructive. I'm sure you can be a valued member of the site if you maintain that attitude. Welcome.

January 22, 2016

admin - I appreciate having a place where everyone can voice their opinion without everything going to hell. As always, thanks for what you do here. Also, I liked your intro video. Nice man bun!

• TigerJT
    January 22, 2016

Agreed it was tuff to read...but I got the point even with the lack of info on the actual supp. being reviewed. Keep that in mind in future reviews. Great passion for the subject matter!

• BigSm0ky