AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews

By: GNC

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Rapid Recovery
  • Low Calorie
  • A Little Pricy But Worth It
  • Try To Get It At Gnc When Its On Sale Buy One Get One 50% Off!
  • Overrated
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet. I have gone through several tubs of this and finally realized I haven't posted my 2 cents yet.

Wheybolic is GNC's flagship protein powder. I bet everytime you go in looking for protein, the GNC clerk will try to convince you that Wheybolic is the way to go. While I am one of these evil, money hungry, pushy clerks myself, I will write an honest review on Wheybolic.

Taste/Mixability:10/10
This is a great tasting protein, simple as that. It does not clump at all. It even tastes good in water, believe it or not. I will admit, it is not the BEST tasting protein powder I have ever had(Myofusion pro Cinnamon Roll has my heart), but it is always a pleasure to drink. I never had chocolate or vanilla, but I can tell you that Banana/CnC both taste great!

Effectiveness:9/10
To be honest, I find it very hard to rate this, because in the end, protein is protein. I can't tell someone that this will put on more muscle than ON GS Whey because it is simply not true. Then again, there are more benefits than one may think to using this protein.

This happens to be a whey isolate, so you know it will be digested extremely fast. I prefer this in the morning if I don't feel like eating anything. I never got gas from this, unlike other protein powders I have used. The added BCAAs are a plus as well. When I use to use this postworkout(broscience ftw!), I noticed faster recovery. Could have been a placebo at the time but I def. noticed less soreness.

This would actually be a great cutting whey due to one scoop being only 93 calories with 20 grams of protein per scoop. There is added carnitine and several other goodies, but too little per scoop to make a difference. Less than one gram of sugar per scoop is great as well!

Value:6/10
I get that most of us here hate GNC for their prices. Well I am here to say that I do too! I cant believe that they thought they could get away with this. This is not as bad as p6 from Cellucor's price, but holy christwagons is this an expensive protein.

It can be bought at a great price though. Just buy it on GC week. If it is BOGO you get the first one at 20% off and the second one at 70% off. That's like buying one at full price but the second one being at 90% off. That would raise the value to an 8/10, but at $76.99 for a tub right now(at least at my GNC), you are fine going to ON GS Whey.

On a side note, there are 51 servings per container. One scoop has 20 grams of protein which is an average amount for many powders. I would never go by the 60 grams of protein per serving they recommend. I wish they would change the name in all honesty.

Overall:6.5/10
This is a great protein in the end. I buy it from time to time when I extra money to spend on supplements. I recommend at least giving this product a go every once in a while because it does taste good, and is very high quality. The value makes it too hard to make this a staple, but there is no reason why this can't be thrown in your stack every once in a while.

August 23, 2012

Overall should be a 7 by the way ! :( oops....

• Mooselini
    August 23, 2012

When i first started to read your review i though you said i cant believe im reviewing this product

• August 23, 2012

good review, in my opinion hydroplatinum whey is much better. I literally did a month on each back to back and got wayyyy better results on the hydroplatinum and the chocolate is ridiculously good flavored

• shinndigg
    August 23, 2012

As a fellow pushy GNC associate I agree it's over priced, but it is a good product.

• NoCielings
    August 23, 2012

Haha I wanna try this so bad! The price is what always holds me back!

August 24, 2012

I'm actually not that pushy Shin haha, but I still recommend this to many customers because it's technically the best whey you can get.

• NoCielings
    August 24, 2012

Is this pure hydrolyzed whey?

No it's Hydro/Iso

• shinndigg
    August 24, 2012

I get you clip, I always recommend this too because it's a P3 and makes me more $$$, hahaha

August 24, 2012

We don't get commission on this though, it just helps our numbers :)

• August 24, 2012

I too work at GNC, and for some reason the price of wheybolic keeps going up, i remember when it used to be around 65, now its 76! Great tasting, and in my opinion it works really well, ive got really good results from it and its basically the only thing i use besides re-feed.