100% Whey Protein Reviews

By: GNC

Overall
Overall
  September 3, 2018

Supplemental protein is something most of us use. The question comes down to cost and quality. I decided to give this a shot as GNC is right next to Papa Murphy's..

46 year old trying to keep as mobile as possible. I got off track this spring by messing up my back. Exercise intensity went down, stupid food went up... You can guess the rest. I have been pain free for a while but haven't got back on track. I picked this up because I was picking up a pizza for the family. I have been trying to workout a little everyday and slowly getting back to it. I used this to increase my protein intake. My log is below however I didn't really keep track of dosing in it. Just gives an idea on what I do.

1 scoop (35.5g)

Calcium 130mg
Iron .8mg
Sodium 80mg
Potassium 330mg

I hate to beat a drum, but hey this is just protein. This is a blend of Whey protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate. They don't have carrageenan in it which I appreciate. As it can cause issues for some people. It does have 85mg of Cholesterol, which is more than MTS, however if that is an issue you need to buy an Isolate and be done with it. Overall I am impressed with this product. It is also Banned substance free and certified Informed Choice. So that is a benefit also.

I bought the Chocolate Supreme and I was impressed. Realize that my last protein wasn't tasty so that could also effect my taste. It was very drinkable, not the best powder I have had but it was really enjoyable and I did go through it pretty fast.

I used this with water by itself and in my smoothies. This mixed really easily in as little as 6oz of water. Which leads me to believe that it is of higher quality than some of the old GNC stuff I have had in the past.

I generally single served this 1 to 2 times a day. I did occasionally have a 2 scoop shake just to see what it would do to me. Protein in my opinion is easy to dose. Take it when you want a treat or when you feel you need to add some protein throughout your day. For me it isn't rocket science so I try and not overthink it.

Effectiveness for protein powder is simple for me. Does it taste good so I will drink it? Yes. Does it give me stomach discomfort or other issues? no. Is it a quality product that I can trust? I think so.

I use powder as a supplement to my diet and as a treat to take the edge off of my sweet tooth. This product worked well for me. I liked the flavor enough that it would stop me from cheating in the afternoon. It also added some protein to my diet. I have noticed that I eat less protein when I am in full Smoothie diet plan. I assume due to the extra bulk in my tummy, this allowed me to get some back in without having a bloated feeling.

As of 9/3/2018 they have it listed for $24.99 for a 2# jug/25 servings and a 5# jug/64 servings for $49.99

Here is the deal, I actually bought this for $19.99 as I found out my GNC Gold card disappeared and if I signed up for a "new" account I saved $5.00. Another reason I bought it, it was pretty cheap. Obviously the bigger jug is a better deal, and if you can get it on sale even better. My normal comparison is MTS Machine whey which is normally $54.99 for a 5#jug. So this is cheaper, however MTS does taste better in my opinion.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a protein and are willing to give GNC another try then I suggest you pick this up. I found my run with this to be rather enjoyable. I mixed well and had enough protein to satisfy my needs. I can also only assume that it will go on sale in which case it will be an even better value. It is nice to see companies finally figure out that simple and clean is best. This product says what it is and it is what it is. No crazy claims, just simple basic no frills protein. Heck, if you haven't shopped for a while, pick up the card and save some money as the card is now free.... I am happy that I decided to give GNC another chance and I hope you will too.
  • Chocolate Supreme: 8/10