Giant Sports Giant KETO Reviews

By: Giant Sports International

Giant Sports Giant KETO is an Alternative Weight Loss Product manufactured by Giant Sports International. It can help assist in the loss of body fat, working in different pathways that traditional thermogenics.
6.4

Overall
Overall
2.7
3.0
2.5
  September 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Improves Workout Performance
  • Poor Current Research On BHB
  • Potentially Deceiving Ketone Strip Testing
  • More Expensive Than Obama Care

Introduction + Supplement Facts

Going into using this product I had been on keto for 2 weeks, which was the first time I've gone greater than 48 hours with a restrictive carbohydrate diet such as this one. From the get-go I had ketostix which rarely detected much of anything, which maybe due to the fact I was utilizing all my Ketone bodies or was efficient on the lower amount I had used. I continued use of the ketostix while using this product which obviously showed ketones in the urine due to the excessive amount ingested while taking in the product, but in short is not a reliable way of showing ketosis where the breathing Ketone reader would be. I had not done much research on BHB salts AKA exogenous Ketones, but I waited a week before starting this product to compile the research for best utilization. The ingredients for this product are useful when you are on keto, but it isn't going to do as believed.. You only get into keto from diet, this supplement will not do it for you! That being said I like that this product is helpful to use during a workout, and helpful when low on energy but would have been better at times to use MCT oil.

Mixability + Taste + Dosing

I found the mixability being somewhat of an issue, which it had sediment at the recommended serving mixture. I was able to do the swirl and drink however, so it was not a major drawback. Taste was really sweet to me, and I am not a big fan of Raspberry anything so it is nice to see other flavors are coming out now. Dosing was 15-30 minutes before the gym, or on occasion I would mix it right at the gym. I only used 1 serving at a time, but did use an extra serving on a couple times to see if there was an improved effect.

Effectiveness 3/10

When starting this product I had been in Keto for a little over 2 weeks, which was the first experience I had with carb restriction below 50g per day which actually was 20-30g typically for me. I had been on a lower carb diet for sometime before that which was around 100g per day, with the occasional cheat day/meal heading up to 150-200g per day. Ultimately I was seeing progress with weight loss before using this product, and I was just getting into the meat of things literally. On a normal day while using this product I would not have a meal, and if I had anything to eat/drink it would be broth with MCT or other Oil/Butter. I also only ran this product on my workout days, but otherwise I tried it once in a fasted state for readings. The keto sticks never really showed any change for me going into this product, nor while on it. During the workouts I was able to see some increased endurance with a bit of focus enhancement but not a whole lot nor what you would during a preworkout. Being this product is exogenous Ketones you will use these before using your own or rather producing your own, which means that you are essentially stalling your own progress while using this product. Being there are only 20 actual servings (and I used 1.5 servings a couple times), I wasn't able to truly notice the fat loss effects from this product alone. I ultimately found this product poorly effective to the claims, and nothing truly special..

Value 2.5/10

You can finally find this for $41.99 costing $2.10 per serving, which is TOO DAMN HIGH! Seriously this wasn't much improvement over MCT Oil, and it would cost less to add your on Carnitine etc just to hit similar if not better effects. In this day and age with Keto gaining popularity more products are coming out for this purpose, and many are cheaper.. However at this time there weren't any FULLY DISCLOSED labels as this product, or highly dosed. And believe it or not but this was not the most expensive products of this kind to date, which some go into the $3 range! Ultimately I am placing the value of this on the terms of effectiveness coupled with value vs other products on the market.

Conclusion 2.7/10

This review was one of those products which you think to yourself "why did I review this" because the effects weren't worth the trouble or efforts. I see more products like this coming out, and hopefully something more effective or research driven will be around.. but until then I couldn't recommend taking this product to anyone. I apologize for the delay in this review, but thank you for the opportunity Giant!
  • Raspberry Lemonade : 3/10

4.7
4.5
  June 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Burns Fat
  • No Prop Blends
  • Improves Workout Performance
  • Gastrointestinal Issues
  • Potentially Deceiving Ketone Strip Testing
  • Poor Current Research On BHB

Supplements that I can use to help out with my NPC competition prep to help me shred out and burn fat during my typical 10-week period are crucial to achieving success on the stage. When I saw Giant Sports International's Keto and saw that it actually claims to induce Ketosis shortly after ingestion I thought that this could be the miracle supplement for any cut cycle fitness enthusiast, so I absolutely had to get my hands on the product to see if it really has the ability to do what it claims. Quick thanks to Giant Sports International for giving me the opportunity to test out Keto!

Beta-Hydroxybutyrate Blend (BHB): This is the main ingredient in Keto that primarily initiates the body to move over into ketosis and utilize fat as a main energy source. BHB is primarily known as an energy source in the absence of glucose and this ingredient is supposed to kickstart that conversion of using ketones like BHB for energy. There is very little research currently online about its benefits but many people do claim it has ketosis inducing benefits as well as a nootropic effect to stimulate cognition. This ingredient is also extremely pricey which should be very much accounted for when deciding on whether or not to add it to your supplement stack with typical prices going up to over $2 per serving! I will go further in-dept regarding my personal opinion about BHB and Keto later on in the effectiveness section.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (1g): Derivative of L-Carnitine that is more commonly used for physical performance and power output. It's usually dosed from 1-4g per serving
Fibersol (2.8g): Ingredient that was added to offset an side effects of gastrointestinal (GI) issues that are common with taking BHB.
L-Aspartic Acid (4g)
Malic Acid (3.4g)

No Proprietary Blends!

I had the opportunity to try out the Raspberry Lemonade flavor, which I personally enjoyed due to its sour and tart taste. It mixes fairly well with the upper limits of the recommended water filling of 16oz and goes down pretty easy. It uses a pretty hefty scooper pouring a 28g powdered dose which you might have some difficulty with if you're accustomed to using a disposable plastic water bottle.

I've never used a supplement quite like Keto in the past so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect but I definitely have a lot to say for the experience. I followed the directions for usage by taking Keto with my preworkout around 15 minutes prior to exercise. I figured that the idea behind using it pre-workout it is put your body into a ketosis state during the workout to guarantee optimal fat-burning. I felt like I noticed an increased pump and improved performance during my exercises, which could be potentially due to the L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, but other than that I didn't notice any significant differences in exercise performance. Giant Sports was nice enough to also include ketone urinalysis strips with the shipment to allow myself to check if I really am in a ketosis state following taking the supplement and every time I used the strips about 1 hour following ingestion there was definitely an abundance of ketone bodies in my urine. So I've had the chance to really think about what's going on here and I honestly feel like the idea that I'm in ketosis is a little deceiving because although it is checking for ketone bodies in my urine, the ingredient BHB itself is a ketone body and is likely what is setting off the strong positive indicator on the testing strips rather than my body's creation of ketone bodies. I am by no means an expert but this is what I personally felt was going on for the most part during my cycle of the product but it is still very likely that I was in somewhat of a ketosis state but maybe not as deep as the strips made me think I was. I was able to shed a few pounds over the 20 days (185->182) but that was likely due to a cleaner diet from recently starting my competition cutting phase. I also have to note that Keto did not mesh well with my GI tract at all and gave me mild diarrhea very consistently approximately 2 hours after using it. I tried messing with the dosing to reduce the incidence of GI problems but was unable to really find a sweet spot so I did my best to just deal with it for the 20 servings. Giant Sports note on the label that it included Fibersol in the product to help reduce GI symptoms but unfortunately it didn't seem to do the trick in my case, so beware.

I looked around the web and was able to find Keto by Giant Sports International for as cheap as $50. Now at only 20 servings per container we're looking at a whooping $2.50 per serving! If I truly believed that my body was being put into an immediate state of ketosis then that price would actually not sound so bad but since I'm personally not fully sold on the idea I can't imagine forking over this kind of dough until more research is conducted on BHB.

Side Effects

The main side effect I experienced was mild diarrhea that was very consistent with supplement usage. :[

Conclusion

I do have to commend Giant Sports International for trying to be an innovator in the supplement industry by leading the BHB assault to change the fat-burning game but I feel like it's more of a hype train supplement that really needs to be better backed by legitimate clinical studies to be taken seriously rather than flashy usage of ketone strips to potentially deceive customers into thinking they are in full-blown ketosis. It's an extremely expensive add-on to anyone's supplement stack that may not yield the results that its price demands with a high likelihood of unwanted side effects that I'm sure most individuals would not want to deal with. Overall I think I'll stick with simple well-studied supplements and a clean diet to get lean for the summer. Cheers Fellas!
  • Raspberry Lemonade : 8/10

June 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Burns Fat
  • No Fillers Or Artificial Additives
  • Increased Vascularity
  • More Flavors Would Be Nice
  • More Servings Would Also Be Nice

A special thanks to Giant Sports International for allowing the opportunity to review Keto. Keto, as you may have guessed from the product's name, is a ketone based supplement formulated to help the body burn fat and improve energy production. Tis the season to cut, where the weather gets hotter and everyone just wants to strip down and let the air caress their bare skin. At the same time, nobody wants to have or see a sloppy gut. Fat burners like keto are where plenty of us will turn to in order to help shed those few extra pounds just in time for bathing suit season. I myself have not tried a whole lot of fat burners considering that being a hardgainer, staying lean is relatively easier for me. Still, using one to get those last bit of striations going is always helpful.

So how does Keto stand up?

The profile is fully disclosed with no prop. blend BS, which always gets instant points form me.

The profile begins with subsequent doses of some vitamins and electrolytes, followed the addition of some well familiar ingredients such as L-carnitine L-tartrate, red beet juice extract, fibersol-2, and selenium. For a complete breakdown of additional ingredients and included dosages of all,refer to the image I've included.

The feature ingredient in Keto is Beta-hydroxybutyrate or BHB dosed at 14.6 g. Great!!.......errrr.......what the hell is that? True, this is a compound I had to some research on and probably the only ingredients that needs some clarification. Just as a brief overview, BHB is a ketone body substrate utilized by the body to initiate the cellular mechanisms that in turn trigger the process of ketosis.

There is much more to analyaze buy for the sake of time, if you want a more thorough explanation on BHB, check out this link:

Keto is available in only flavor at this time: Raspberry Lemonade. I thought the taste was good, though a little too tart for me.

The mixability is somewhat of an issue. I found the best way to ensure the most thorough of preparation was to use the traditional cup and spoon stir. However, there were many times I did get at least some undissolved clumps and sediment. The instructions explain that if mixing is not proper during initial preparation, than allow the solution to sit for 30 seconds and remix. I did just that and it did seem to make a difference as the product mixed more completely.

The dosing is similar to that of a pre workout, but if you may already be using a pre workout itself, some time adjustment needs to be made. On training days, I took a serving of keto about an hour before my workout. Non-training days, I took a serving about 30 minutes before breakfast. This protocol is similar to the suggested use instructed on the label.

Before I talk about effectiveness, I want to note a couple of things. First, I was on a caloric restriction of 2000 clean calories, 125 g carb intake, no cheat days, and plenty of protein. Second, my starting weight before this was 239 lbs with a BF% of 12.7%. Those stats were taken in a completely fasted state, right out of bed, 9 hours since I'd have any nutritional intake.

Now lets discuss the product's effects. Initially, I found that keto did give me more natural, clean-feeling energy and heightened my focus. These benefits continued throughout. My endurance seemed better too, as I wasn't experiencing that depleted crash feeling I would often get during the later parts of my workouts when I am on a caloric and carb restriction. In other words, keto helped keep the "low-carb crash" effects at bay.

As for fat loss, my midsection was looking plenty leaner by the time I was done with this product. I was starting to see a defined six pack and some more vascular looking obliques. Of course it wasn't just my midsection that looked better. I had increased prominent vascularity everywhere and more defined striations in my shoulders, legs, back, and arms. Chest looked a little more defined too, but not as significantly.

Since this product doesn't last too long per tub, I wasn't expecting any "fat melted off like butter" kind of results. Needless to say, my weight after the product was 234 lbs with a BF% of 11.5%. Again these were taken while I was completely fasted. A total of 5 lbs lost and a slight drop in BF% indicates that keto got the job done. I think if I continued to run the product for longer, I would have definitely increased the fat loss, but I didn't want to push it because I didn't want my weight to drop too much since putting favorable weight on is difficult for a hardgainer such as myself.

Keto is gonna lose some points here. The cheapest price I found was on amazon for 49.99. Considering each tub only has 20 servings as opposed to a full month's supply, that price is pretty steep to me. While effective, I think a more reasonable price for the included amount of servings would be around 32-35 dollars. Nonetheless, 50 dollars for a 20-day supply is simply too expensive in the long run.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Giant Sports Internaitonal has given us an overall effective and great fat burning supplement in Giant Keto. Provided diet and training are in strict check, this product can help you burn that unwanted fat just in time for beach season. The price and included quantity of servings, though, need improvement. I'd say, include a full 30 day supply and a lower, more favorable price.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!