Giant Pump Reviews

By: Giant Sports International

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Giant Sports International for sending it out!
  August 19, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Vascularity
  • Swole Effect
  • Little Bloat

Another thanks to Giant Sports International for their support for the SR/TROOPs here on SR.com. Today, I talk about their non-stimulant pump product Giant Pump (GP). The coveted "pump" is something we iron addicts are always craving for in the gym. The satisfying feel of our trained muscles engorging and veins popping out to the point where you can feel them pressing up against your skin with each rep. Plenty of products on today's market aid in helping to achieve said pump feeling. I'm no stranger to these products and I know exactly what to look for in terms of the definition of what I consider that pump feel. GP contains two prime ingredients that we don't see too often on today's market, which I'll discuss in the next section.

So is GP Pump or slump?

In addition to a gram of carbs, 200mg of vitamin C, and a little sodium, as I mentioned GP has two prime pump inducing ingredients.

They are Glutamine Nitrate at 800mg and 1500mg of glycerol powder (Hydromax as it's called these days).

The idea of nitrates in general is that in the stomach, they convert into Nitric Oxide itself, which we all know is the molecule responsible for the pump. I'm gonna guess that maybe the glutamine nitrate in this case is intended to increase the Nitric Oxide levels while helping to keep levels of glutamine substantial within muscle tissue. Either way, both scenarios are favorable.

Glycerol has been around for some time but we don't see it too many products. I myself have a brief experience with in the past with some products like controlled labs glycergrow. It was a good product and did give me an overall good pump feeling throughout. In any case, glycerol works by pulling more water into your muscle tissue and blood, increasing contractile capacity and helping to give that full swole feel.

The dosages seem spot on, but if you're on the bigger side like me, an extra serving may be recommended depending on how you feel with it.

I recieved red raspberry and I must say it was much better than the raspberry flavor of the giant rush product. The taste was more pleasant and sweet and didn't have any chemical or dye-like taste. It mixed fine in any liquid.

The most effective way I found to take GP was two scoops about 15 minutes before taking my preworkout. After a few days, I dosed the servings with a scoop of Purathlete Power+ creatine. The addition of creatine really helped ramp up the pump effect.

Before adding the creatine, GP alone did give a solid and full bodied pump as well as increased vascularity and muscle fullness. However, when I added creatine is when this stuff truly gave, the "Giant Pump".

I wouldn't describe it as the most incredible pump I ever had, but nonetheless, the pump with Power+ creatine was outstanding. My vascularity was plenty improved especially in my chest, legs, and even mid back which is an area I rarely see vascularity. The swole feel I got was awesome. I noticed the most muscle fullness usually during my heavy compound speed volume sets, especially with squats and bench. During isolation movements, I could literally feel the movement of my veins underneath my skin with targeted isolated areas such as the biceps during curls an the shoulders during lateral raises.

IN summary, very good by itself, but much improved when creatine is added.

The cheapest I found Giant Pump was 30 dollars, but I'm sure as it becomes more widely available, deals will result in lower pricing. You get 40 servings in each tub so that's either a little over a month, or a little less than a month if you're a two scooper like me. Either way, I think the value is very good considering the product's results and if you like something to support the pre workout phase without stimulants.

Side Effects

You might get a slight bloat feeling from time to time, so make sure you're maintaining your hydration level.

Conclusion

Overall, Giant Pump is a great, non-stimulant way to help give you that solid coveted pump and swole feel in the gym to help you train harder and longer. I recommend, adding in some creatine to enhance the experience but that's your call. As a reminder, drink plenty of fluids while on this stuff since its mechanism of action is mediated heavily by water. Lastly, don't hesitate to try two scoops if you think you can tolerate it.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
  • Red Raspberry : 7/10

• bwkneller
    August 22, 2016

Thanks for trying our product and for your honest feedback!

• Italy48
    March 30, 2017

Hey WarMachine, nice review. What type of creatine do you recommend I use with this if I'm gonna give this one a try? Mono, HCL or any would work?

• WarMachine
    March 30, 2017

@italy: i always recommend mono as that is the only well studied form of creatine proven to have benefits.

That's not to say hcl is useless, but ive always been creapure man

• Italy48