(Better than 91% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

Giant Pump is a Pump Product manufactured by Giant Sports International. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.
FORUM TOPICS

Pre-Workout > Pump

June 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Vascularity
  • Swole Effect
  • Great Value

The goal with my reviews is to use a consistent format that is: to the point, provides context of how I used the product, and references what I'm personally comparing it to (see "Personal Rank" in Conclusion section).

Stats at time of use: 5-10, 185lbs, 16% BF

Routine at time of use: 5 day routine of upper (strength), lower (strength), push (hypertrophy), legs (hypertrophy), pull (hypertrophy)

Supplement: Dose (Primary Purpose) *Special notes if applicable*

NO3-T (Gluatmine Nitrate): 800mg (Pump)
    Hydromax (Glycerol Powder): 1500mg (Pump)

Pretty simple ingredient mix and in this case simple works. It does also include 200mg vitamin C and 10mg sodium, but I'm focusing on the two primary ingredients here.

Please not that hydromax works by pushing water into the muscles and therefore a third (free) "ingredient" is needed to really make this shinewater. Make sure you're adequately hydrated to always get the most from Hydromax (and taurine, though not relevant in this situation).

Flavor: Red Raspberry

Taste: Taste is good but uninspired. Safe is probably the most appropriate term. It certainly doesn't taste bad, but it's not an exciting or unique flavor either.

Mixability: Very good mixability. No grit, foam, clumping (if dosed properly).

Dosing: Label recommends mixing 1-2 scoops with 8-16oz of water. I think they nailed it you do 8oz water per scoop. If you 2 scoop and go 8oz waterprepare for a chalky mouth feel. If you 1 scoop and go 16well it's super watered down.

Endurance: 1/5

This product is in no way geared towards endurance. But the small amounts of vitamin C and sodium could give a slight endurance boost over nothing at all.

Pump/Vascularity: 4.5/5

As I get more into using pump products, I find some make your muscles feel fuller and some make your muscles feel so full its uncomfortable/painful (I'm assuming that's the "Skin splitting" in PWO advertising). I normally like pump products to put me on the edge of uncomfortable and this product nails it! If I have to do 15 repsI feel like I'm gonna explode by 13-14, but it's not so bad I cut the set short. I'm only not giving it a 5 because there <> be something better I've not tried yet.

Energy and focus aspects not evaluated as this is a pump-based product.

Cost at time of purchase: $20.00 ($0.50-$1.00/serving-depending on 1 or 2 scoops used)

I've found most PWO's that are actually effective land between $1 and $2 per serving. I like to use 1.5 scoops which actually makes it cheaper than the typically effective price range. However, that cost is for an "all-around" performer and this is only giving you pumps. You can turn this into an "all-arounder" by adding energy/focus supplements (which I cover in my conclusion)but the cost will go up. No matter how you slice it, value on this one is great. How great depends on how you want to use it.

Side Effects

Jittery/nervousness: None
    GI: None
    Crash: None
    Tolerance buildup: None

Conclusion

I really appreciate Giant Sports offering a pump-based pre (Giant Pump) and an energy-based pre (Giant Rush) as two separate items. I don't know if it was coincidence or brilliancebut you can get both in a raspberry flavor. I bought both and I use both. My typical use is Giant Rush on power days for the strength/focus boost, Giant Pump on hypertrophy days for the pump, and I use both together on hypertrophy days where I might be dragging a bit from lack of sleep.

Personal PWO Rank:

-Sparta Nutrition-Kraken
    -Vein Nutrition-Rupture
    -Giant Sport-Giant Pump + Giant Rush
    -Innovapharm-Limitless
    -Performax Labs-Hypermax XT
    -Benchmark*
    -Jacked Factory-Altius
    *Benchmark is my homemade PWO: ECA stack + creatine, beta alanine, vanilla protein, orange gatorade
    • Red Raspberry : 6/10

Other Prices:
    Giant Sports International   $39.99

September 9, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pump
    • Vascularity
    • Swole Effect
    • Great Value
    • Aided Some In Recovery
    • Sticky Texture
    • Chalky
    Introduction + Supplement Facts
    After the great success of using CN3 a pump product, I was expecting this to out perform it.. In short, "It's Complicated". Giant Sports has a few different products which allows you to make your own Pre Workout, but the difference here is the quality and purity hence the patented ingredients. In short this profile is very well dosed, and as mentioned contains patented ingredients. Being this profile is packed into 40 servings it provides effective dosages based upon your diet and weight, which affect how much you need or how well you respond to it. The only thing I would really change would be the Vitamin C being a higher dosage, add some creatine, and the Beet Juice Powder being disclosed (which it is probably so small that it doesn't attribute to much other than color). Natural Flavors, Dye Free, 40 Whopping Servings, Patented Ingredients, Efficient Dosing!

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
    Chalky Chalky Sticky!@! This is the nature of this profile, and as the Hydromax absorbs the water. The flavor was really sweet, which was good but ultimately I would get it unflavored if I had a chance to redo or purchase it in the future. Mixability was cloudy with a chance of meatballs.. err it had sediment, but it worked with a bit of a swirl. Dosing was done from 1 serving to 2 and up to 2.5, but as described below I was just testing the waters on the 2.5 serving dose..

Effectiveness 8.5/10
    I tried this product in several different ways: alone with no other products, with Pre-Workouts containing little to no pump ingredients, with Pre-Workouts containing pump ingredients, and with carbs and/or BCAA's as intra workout. In each of these trails I found it to be effective, but the most effective being with a Pre-Workout containing other Pump ingredients although coming in second with most complimentary effectiveness was Carbs and BCAA's. I have been on a Pre-Workout regimen with more carbs, which has helped me with my vasodilation. "For those who don't know, the molecules of Carbs are larger in size which causes the increase of your veins giving the appearance of vascularity." Why is this important? The fact that increased blood flow allowing you to have the "fuel" aka oxygen readily available with those lifts, along with giving that area of muscle fibers more nutrients. This does give you a greater pump in those muscles, which coupled to the Nitrates + Hydromax in Giant Pump giving vasodilation due to an increase in NO production allowed me to reach a greater Pump. I did notice a very slight increase in strength due to the great blood flow, as you would in a car that has clean fuel lines or brand new (opening the pipes mind you). That being said I feel this is a product that you stack with other Pre Workouts products to aid the pump/strength. Now this product is meant for training days, due to the short lived nature of the Nitrates so no need to take if on your off days unless you just want to show off (yet it could be slightly beneficial to your recovery). One of the better Pump products, which is why I rated it as so.

Value 8.6/10
    Wow Lockout is showing this for $40! That is just $0.57 per serving, which is totally acceptable for being a Add On product! If you are taking it alone, you will have a bad time because you will be eating two-three servings. Ultimately if you are taking with something already containing pump ingredients, then you would be set.

Conclusion 8.5/10
    If you haven't tried taking a Pump only product for yourself, then you are missing out! They provide a great break from stimulants, keep a good solid pump allowing for better blood flow in the use of recovery, and they help fix those Pre Workouts that lacking in the pump profile. I would highly recommend Giant Pump just as I did recommend CN3! Thank you Giant Sports for putting your products where our mouths are!
    • Tropical Punch: 7/10

Other Prices:
    Giant Sports International   $39.99

August 31, 2016

Introduction + Supplement facts
      Huge thank you to Giant Sport for letting me try and review their pump product called well you guess it pump. This is my third product to try for giant sports the other two were their pre-workout along with their bcaa's both of which I really enjoyed. Giant pump is a stimulant-free instant pump inducer and training enhancer. Let's see how pumped up you really get.
      Giant Sports did a really good job with the profile simple and basic everything is listed on the label. For this you will get 800mg of N03-T, and 1.5g of Hydromax (glycerol powder 65%)
      Taste + Mixability + Dosing
      This time they sent me the right flavor which was red raspberry which like their other products tasted okay outside of their bcaa's which tasted pretty good. Mixability was not a problem. Dosing was 1-2 scoops with 160z of water 30mins before killing it in the gym.

Effectiveness 8.0/10
      If you looking for a great late night non-stim product then look no further then giant sports pump. This product was great for my late night workout due to having two job and sometimes hitting the gym around 10:30 knowing that I had to wake up at 5:30am the following day to do it all over again. Now I will say that from a focus and energy stand point yeah good luck because you will not get that from this product. But if you are looking for a great pump during you work out then yes it's great for it. I found it to most effective at servings you could really feel the blood pumping in the muscles. Crap after my warm-up first exercise on the seated bicep machine I already had a nice pump going on. Now I will tell you my energy and focus was shot to poo but I was the pump king and it was nice knowing that I could still sleep when after getting home from the gym. If you are looking for a great non-stim pre-workout for those late night lifts were you have to get it in giant sports pump is pretty solid stuff.

Value 7.0/10
      On the tigerfitness.com website a 40 serving tub of pump goes for 29.99 which is .74 cents a serving or a 1.49 for 20 servings. This of course depends of the serving size you are taking.

Side Effects

Zero Side effects

Conclusion

Need to hit the gym late night but you still need sleep? Try giant sports pump it's a non-stim pre workout that will give you the pump you always wanted.
      • Red Raspberry : 5/10

August 19, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pump
      • Vascularity
      • Swole Effect
      • Little Bloat

Another thanks to Giant Sports International for their support for the SR/TROOPs here on SR.com. Today, I talk about their non-stimulant pump product Giant Pump (GP). The coveted "pump" is something we iron addicts are always craving for in the gym. The satisfying feel of our trained muscles engorging and veins popping out to the point where you can feel them pressing up against your skin with each rep. Plenty of products on today's market aid in helping to achieve said pump feeling. I'm no stranger to these products and I know exactly what to look for in terms of the definition of what I consider that pump feel. GP contains two prime ingredients that we don't see too often on today's market, which I'll discuss in the next section.

So is GP Pump or slump?

In addition to a gram of carbs, 200mg of vitamin C, and a little sodium, as I mentioned GP has two prime pump inducing ingredients.

They are Glutamine Nitrate at 800mg and 1500mg of glycerol powder (Hydromax as it's called these days).

The idea of nitrates in general is that in the stomach, they convert into Nitric Oxide itself, which we all know is the molecule responsible for the pump. I'm gonna guess that maybe the glutamine nitrate in this case is intended to increase the Nitric Oxide levels while helping to keep levels of glutamine substantial within muscle tissue. Either way, both scenarios are favorable.

Glycerol has been around for some time but we don't see it too many products. I myself have a brief experience with in the past with some products like controlled labs glycergrow. It was a good product and did give me an overall good pump feeling throughout. In any case, glycerol works by pulling more water into your muscle tissue and blood, increasing contractile capacity and helping to give that full swole feel.

The dosages seem spot on, but if you're on the bigger side like me, an extra serving may be recommended depending on how you feel with it.

I recieved red raspberry and I must say it was much better than the raspberry flavor of the giant rush product. The taste was more pleasant and sweet and didn't have any chemical or dye-like taste. It mixed fine in any liquid.

The most effective way I found to take GP was two scoops about 15 minutes before taking my preworkout. After a few days, I dosed the servings with a scoop of Purathlete Power+ creatine. The addition of creatine really helped ramp up the pump effect.

Before adding the creatine, GP alone did give a solid and full bodied pump as well as increased vascularity and muscle fullness. However, when I added creatine is when this stuff truly gave, the "Giant Pump".

I wouldn't describe it as the most incredible pump I ever had, but nonetheless, the pump with Power+ creatine was outstanding. My vascularity was plenty improved especially in my chest, legs, and even mid back which is an area I rarely see vascularity. The swole feel I got was awesome. I noticed the most muscle fullness usually during my heavy compound speed volume sets, especially with squats and bench. During isolation movements, I could literally feel the movement of my veins underneath my skin with targeted isolated areas such as the biceps during curls an the shoulders during lateral raises.

IN summary, very good by itself, but much improved when creatine is added.

The cheapest I found Giant Pump was 30 dollars, but I'm sure as it becomes more widely available, deals will result in lower pricing. You get 40 servings in each tub so that's either a little over a month, or a little less than a month if you're a two scooper like me. Either way, I think the value is very good considering the product's results and if you like something to support the pre workout phase without stimulants.

Side Effects

You might get a slight bloat feeling from time to time, so make sure you're maintaining your hydration level.

Conclusion

Overall, Giant Pump is a great, non-stimulant way to help give you that solid coveted pump and swole feel in the gym to help you train harder and longer. I recommend, adding in some creatine to enhance the experience but that's your call. As a reminder, drink plenty of fluids while on this stuff since its mechanism of action is mediated heavily by water. Lastly, don't hesitate to try two scoops if you think you can tolerate it.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!