Delicious Protein - ELITE Reviews

By: Giant Sports International

Protein > Blended Protein
Delicious Protein - ELITE is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Giant Sports International. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

September 29, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Combo Of Proteins
  • Some Clumping
First off I want to thank Giant Sports for letting us have the chance to try this product. There was a little issue I had with this. They had put up on the trooper program their Casein protein for us to try but was sent their delicious protein powder elite instead. Not sure what happened and why I did not get the casein but I was ok getting this because I had wanted to try this also. Still would like to try their casein at some point and hopefully I get the chance. I figured I would still do a review for this since I had been wanting to try this product also. This was my first ever Giant Sports product I have tried and so far passes my approval.

Ingredients:
This is more of a blend protein. You get your whey protein concentrate, milk protein isolate, micellar casein, and whey protein isolate. It's kind of nice to have four different sources of protein working at all different times. It would be nice to know just how much of each kind of protein you get. Other than that there is nothing real special with this. You get 26g of protein, 4g carbs, 2g fats. This is also Gluten Free for those of you that need this.

Value:
The cheapest so far I am seeing this for is on luckyvitamin.com for $26.85 I did see this in the cookies & cream flavor only on dpsnutrition.net for $19.99. How long it will stay that price I don't know but that's a pretty good deal. I don't think this is to bad a price for 24 servings on luckyvitamin.com. Considering this is more of a blended protein I think for this price this is decently priced.

Taste:
I was sent the delicious chocolate shake flavor. I noticed right away it was a little on the thick side and had a little bit of a gritty taste to it. I think that is because of the casein protein in it. The chocolate flavor I thought was pretty decent. It has more of a rich like chocolate taste to it and not to sweet. It's decent and you will have no problem at all wanting to drink this. No chalky or weird aftertaste which is nice.

Mixing/Dosing:
Mixing was not to bad an issue. It did mix a little on the thick side. I think the little bit of gritty taste to it was not from being shook up enough but because of the casein protein. There were a few times I did notice a little bit of clumping left over on the bottom of my shaker bottle. I mainly used this post workout. There were a few times I took this before bed. I figured with the different kinds of protein in this it would still work for at night before bed.

I have used a few different blended protein products so far and have really enjoyed them a lot and feel they have a good purpose. The biggest thing I look for is how well this digests in your system and what kind of recovery it gives you. This was really good on my stomach for the most part and never really caused me any unwanted digestive issues. Also I noticed no real bloating with this while I was on it. Most of the time I felt pretty good after taking this. There was a little bit of a thickness to this and grittiness but still seem to go down fairly smooth. Usually when I would take this I could really feel it took some of my appetite away and made me feel more full. That was good if I knew I would not be able to eat any regular food for awhile after my workouts. I feel this helped give me some pretty good recovery and helped lesson any DOMS I may have. Lately I have been hitting the weights really hard and been doing a lot more sets than I normal do and I feel this has really helped me with that and helped keep my DOMS way down. I think since I started taking this it has helped me pack on more size and muscle mass. I like how this can be used in more ways than just post workout. I think when I did take this at night it helped me a bit more. I would usually feel a little better in the mornings and not as sore. I think over all it has a decent amount of protein at 26g. I think it is nice to change things up a little and use blended proteins once in awhile instead of just one kind like regular whey. I think in ways you benefit a little more by using blended protein because of how each protein works a little differently.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
For a newer company and this being my first time trying any of their products I was rather pleased with this product. I think it is a good overall blended protein. It tastes great mixes well and good for helping with my recovery. I feel this is a protein I would be more than happy to try again. It would be nice to try some of their other flavors. I would say if you get a chance I would for sure check this out. Not going to say its one of the best blended proteins out there but a pretty decent one. Again thank you Giant Sports for letting me try this.
  • Chocolate: 8/10

September 13, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Combo Of Proteins

I have never used anything from Giant Sports and honestly hadn't even heard of them before claiming this product. I wanted a blend to drink as a meal replacement early in the day so I chose this product.

Nothing extra added in or special here. 26g of protein, 4g carbs around 2g of fat. This is a blend like I mentioned earlier of whey concentrate, milk isolate, micellar casein and WPI.

When choosing proteins on here I go for my safety flavor chocolate. Now days even a bad chocolate is still drinkable. Well this is anything but bad, I have had a ton of different chocolates and this is without a doubt one of the best. I could drink this anytime of the day, not too sweet but just enough. I usually mixed this with about 10-12oz of water, never even used milk which would have probably added even more to the taste, but in a shaker I never had any problem with clumping. Dosing was 1 scoop early in the day.

With proteins like others have mentioned the effectiveness category can be tought. For a blended protein for me though I will judge by 2 things. 1st off how did it curve my cravings and keep me full? Both were great here, this tasted like a dessert so my sweet tooth was kept to a minimum. I would take a scoop of this mid morning and I wouldn't have any stomach growling before I ate again at lunch time, so it held me over for 4-5 hrs.
    2nd thing I look at is how it immediately effects me and my stomach, these were also great, no bloat, no nausea, and I never had any bathroom issues either.

around $30 for a 2lb jug of blended protein is about average there are lower priced ones out there, but with the taste of this stuff I would pay a few extra bucks.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A newer company at least in my eyes really made a great 1st impression. Not really much else I can think of to put in this last part. I thoroughly enjoyed the product and look forward to experimenting with some of the other flavors.
    • Chocolate: 9/10

September 10, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Combo Of Proteins
    • Short Scooper

This is my first Giant Sports product review, so first off thank you for sending it out and participating in the TROOP program! I was pretty excited to try this, I'm always looking for new protein powders to try out. I enjoy mixing it up and some companies have flavors others do not, which is always a plus. I did not request a flavor and received vanilla shake.

What stands out most in their ingredient profile is their use of a multi-staged whole protein blend. It contains a mixture of whey concentrate, milk protein isolate, micellar casein and whey protein isolate. I think the biggest appeal here is that you have four different sources of protein all being digested at different rates. I personally would like to see the whey isolate listed first, even though we do not know how much of each we are receiving per scoop.
    Besides the blend, it contains 26g protein, 4g carbs and 2g fat. There is also 1g of sugar in there.
    Gluten free as well, which is a selling point for some people.

Taste:
    I received the flavor vanilla shake. Now, vanilla is not my first choice ever for any protein, so I knew this was going to be a little rough. I made this two different ways. The first way is the recommended 6-8oz of water with one scoop of protein powder. The taste was pretty bland, barely even tasted like vanilla, or a milkshake for that matter. I even tried 4oz of water just to see if less would improve that flavor. It was a little stronger, but again, vanilla doesn't have much of a taste.

The other way I made this is how I make a few of my other shakes. I take 10oz water, 2 scoops of PB Fit (review on my profile), 1/2 banana and a little bit of ice and throw it in a blender. It comes out much thicker, plus with the PB Fit and banana mixed in with the vanilla, it taste exactly like a peanut butter banana milkshake!

Mixability:
    In just a blender bottle it mixed perfectly fine. No clumping, and sometimes I didn't even use the wire whisk ball.

Dosing:
    I only dosed this at one scoop post workout, I did not feel the need to go over that. Each scoop contained 26g of protein.

Toughest section to judge on a protein. My strength is continuously going up, which is from a combination of proper lifting, diet and supplementation. I feel that Giants Sports protein aided me in continuing to reach my goals, so I would say it is effective.

You can pick this up for an even $30 online. It says a bottle is 25 servings, although, the bottle I received clearly states 24 servings per container.

Side Effects

None to note.
    The only thing I would like to see is the handle on the scooper be a little longer, its like a little nub. It became annoying to reach all the way down into the tub and get a scoop of protein.

Conclusion

I would take this again but most likely a different flavor. I really enjoyed the way it mixed in the blender with other items added into it. It legitimately tasted like a milkshake. I'll probably wind up picking up the banana or PB chocolate tub next just to try them out flavor wise.
    • Vanilla shake: 6/10

August 14, 2016

• Some Clumping

This is my first of two reviews for Giant Sports International, and before I start I want to thank them for participating in the SR Troop Program. Anytime a protein powder becomes available its a hot commodity for reviews so I hurried and grabbed a tub. I like to try different protein powders/sources other than my go to Impact Whey. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week focusing on hypertrophy/strength while on a strict diet.

Claim: Giant Sports Delicious Protein Elite is the perfect blend of top quality ingredients, excellent macros and incredible taste.

The ingredient profile is pretty typical for protein powders, however the protein source is from a blend of: (Concentrate, Isolate, Micellar Casein, and Milk Protein Isolate) - 4 Milk sources equaling 27G. Although you don't know exact dosages from each source of protein, I like have four different sources with different digestion rates.

Other points of emphasis include: (Per Serving) 150 calories (20 calories from fat), 2.5G of Fat, 4G of Carbs and 1.5G of Sugar. I don't mind the little addition of sugar because this was one of the best tasting products I've ever had.

Taste - I received the Salted Caramel flavor which is one of seven flavors available. This definitely tasted like I was drinking a dessert (Salted Caramel Sheet Cake) in liquid form! Overall a Top 3 tasting protein and give the taste a 9/10

Mixability - Overall there were no issues regarding mixability, I didn't notice any kind of settlement. There was some clumping when using 2 scoops at one time. I give mixability a 7.5/10

Dosing - There really isn't a dosing protocol for protein shakes, usually I'd have one for training and an additional 1-2 more shakes depending on my macros. Dosing gets a 10/10

Its hard to judge the effectiveness of protein, usually I use digestion to help me judge. There were no issues with bloating/digestion, I thought there might be some as this is primarily a milk protein blend but that wasn't the case. This allowed me to meet my macro requirements on a daily basis through shakes and cooking.

You can find 2lb tubs (25 servings) for around $30 on Amazon and Lucky Vitamin. A one scoop serving will cost you around $1.20 which is in the middle of the road for protein powders. However based on the sources of protein, effectiveness and taste I'd be willing to pay that price and buy a few more tubs.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Giant Sports Delicious Protein Elite gets a thumbs up from me based on effectiveness and taste. As I said this was a Top 3 tasting protein, I'm going to order some more tubs try out the other flavors. Once again I want to thank Giant Sports International for giving me the opportunity to review their products and definitely recommend giving this a try.
    • Salted Caramel: 9/10