Protein Popcorn (Icon Meals Collab) Reviews

By: Ghost

Protein > Other Protein
Protein Popcorn (Icon Meals Collab) is an Alternative Protein Supplement manufactured by Ghost. It provides additional dietary proteins that can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  June 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste
  • Great Consistency
  • Leaves You Thirsty

It's extremely rare that I invest myself in a supplement company enough to go out of my way to try all of their products. With an insanely flooded supplement market, I never really care enough to blow my hard earned money on everything out there. That all changed with Ghost, who from the initial release of their BCAA's & Legend Pre-Workout, had me counting down the hours until the release of their next product so I could be one of the first to get it. There isn't a single product I've tried by them that left me desiring anything more. While the Pre-Workout is just a tad to weak for my personal preference, it still had an incredible taste profile & a blend to write home about. As they continue to take over the supplement industry, innovation over the next couple of years is going to determine whether or not they're going to leave their mark on the industry forever.

Teaming up with another up and comer in the industry, Icon Meals, Ghost's infamous Cereal Milk is now an official Protein Popcorn flavor. Available exclusively through each companies personal site or at GNC, is the Ghost x Icon Meals collaboration worth searching for? Simple put, yes. This is a delicious, extremely addictive entry in the Protein Popcorn line that perfectly combines that iconic Ghost flavor with popcorn.

In an 8.5oz bag of Protein Popcorn, you're looking at about 4 servings per bag. Each serving is a cup & in that you're looking at 10g of protein, 8g of fat, and 32g of carbohydrates. A cup of this stuff is hard to eat though, as you find yourself almost finished the bag by the time you notice you're still snacking on it. Obviously, protein based food products with taste like this aren't going to be the most diet friendly, but with some personal macro tweaking it's better than most of the junk on your local food stores shelves. With all that said, you're best bet if dieting is to measure this out & enjoy the cups worth deliciousness.

Since day one, Ghost has been a force to reckon with when it comes to their taste profiles. If you've ever tried their Cereal Milk protein, you know exactly what you're getting here. The flavor, from the beginning of the bag to the end, it perfectly proportioned through each and every piece. It's not like one piece is dull and another is jam packed with flavor, the profile is insanely consistent through the entire bag. With all that though, there's a very minor downfall which is the dryness. This is an issue consistent through most Icon Meals Protein Popcorn's and protein food products in general, so I don't fault anybody here for that. Just keep a bottle of water near for an occasional wash down! Other than that, zero complaints when it comes to taste, texture, or anything else for that matter!

This is a snack product, so I wasn't expecting this to really affect me in anyway besides some increase in energy levels. You're looking at 32g of carbs per serving, so it works well as a pre-workout snack but it's hard to determine when you're also throwing down a pre-workout drink. I never noticed any bloating or tiredness, even after eating my first bag in full, but I felt good. I don't lean on a product like this to do anything more than be a satisfying snack, and that's what this is.

For the volume of snacking you're getting here, I can't imagine anybody complaining about spending $9.99 for this. If you can find this at your local GNC & skip the shipping costs of purchasing it online, it's a great value. With your average protein bar costing you around $3, this is a lot of food for the cost and if that doesn't convince you paying that for the product, try eating a bag and see if you can skip past them next time you're in GNC.

Side Effects

No side effects, just some dry mouth. That makes you drink more water though so, it might be a plus?!

Conclusion

There isn't too much to say about Icon Meals Protein Popcorn other than the fact that it tastes incredible. With a sealable bag, it's a perfect snack to keep in your gym bag or even on your bedside table like me. For someone like me who doesn't count macros or has a habit of binging on whatever unhealthy snack is near at night, this was the perfect product to keep around for times I wanted to do nothing more than snack. Ghost has not only delivered a perfect collaboration product, but also Icon Meals best flavor to date. Now, if we can get some Peanut Butter Cereal Milk Popcorn from the two companies I'd be ever happier than I am now. What will they do next?!

• DaSlaya
    June 20, 2018

Nice review. I tried to pick these up too late, sold out, at least on the icon website. Bummer because, like you, I am also pretty fascinated with Ghost products.

• Unheard0f
    June 20, 2018

@DaSlaya Thank you! I somehow managed to order a bag online but the same day found one at my local GNC who had it proudly showed off at the front of the store. Needless to say, I went back a few days later and they were all gone.