PRICES (2)

• Cool Flavors
  • Well Dosed
  • Good Pumps
  • Slightly Expensive

Not gonna lie, I am kind of a sucker for cool looking products. I picked up Ghost Legend a while back at the LA Fitness Expo. With all of the cool fitness celebrities that are on board with Ghost, and Ryan Hughes(who I am a fan of) being a co-founder, of course I had to pick this up on sale.

I bought Legend along with their amino product(which has a review up), and I finally put aside some time to review this. Ghost has been coming out with some solid products lately.

I'd like to note before I start this review, I must applaud Ghost for their flavors. Their whey has some interesting flavors such as Cereal Milk and Blueberry Toaster Pastry. Pretty creative right there. Also, Legend also comes in Warheads sour black cherry. You know, that precious candy wrapped in black that kids would trade in grade school. I'll get around to trying that some day. I'm sure there are more creative flavors to come.

To start, there are no prop. blends. This is great, although kind of expected these days. I must note, all flavors seem to have different caffeine amounts in them. I had the watermelon flavor, and that has 165mg per scoop. It is more of a 1.5-2scoop product, but still usable at one scoop.

With one scoop, you get 4 grams of citrulline, 2 grams of beta-alanine, 500mg of agmatine, 1 gram of taurine, some alpha GPC, theobromine, some time-released caffeine, olive leaf, and even some alpha-yohimbine. All of these are in effective doses, at both 1-2 scoops.

I like how Ghost used L-Citrulline instead of Citrulline-Malate. I tend to get better results from the Citrulline on its own. 2 grams of beta-alanine is solid, I know most will hate on a product if it's not at 3.2 grams. At 2 scoops, you get a whopping 4 grams of BA, which is more than enough.

Check out the profile for yourself, it's not bad at all.

This is where the product gets interesting. Ghost is the first company to ever sign with a candy company and actually be able to flavor a product with them. Warheads! I had the watermelon warheads flavored Ghost. I usually HATE watermelon flavored pre-workouts. They all try to taste like a watermelon jolly rancher, which gets old. Legend watermelon, was different however. It was obviously more like a warheads watermelon, without the extreme sourness of course. Much smoother and nowhere near as overpowering as... let's say C4 watermelon.

It mixes fine, no clumps ever.

As for dosing, most would probably be fine at one scoop, but for those who need a lot of caffeine, 1.5 scoops should be enough. Although 2 is probably what most people are going to take. Nothing wrong with that, it is just that is does kind of bring the value down, which I will get to.

Well, just looking at the profile, you know this product is going to work quite well. I'll base this off of the 1.5 scoops I took.

Energy:(9/10)
Energy was great. I typically workout late at night after a long day at work. I always got a solid boost of energy that made me feel better than my first dose of caffeine every morning. It was not a cracked out feeling either, just clean energy. I also noticed great consistency with Legend. Some pre-workouts tend to be hit or miss as to whether you get the same energy out of them from workout to workout. Legend always delivered the same energy.

Pump:(8/10)
Pumps were noticeable for sure. Veins, 3D look, etc. By no means were they not there, they were just not as pronounced as if I had taken something like NO3 Chrome, or Noxygen for instance. You won't miss those other products at all though. If you can't get a good pump with 4-8 grams of L-Citrulline... give it up.

Focus:(8.5/10)
With the alpha GPC, I noticed a pretty solid increase in focus. While it was nothing like MAN Gameday, or as if I had taken 200mg of DMHA, I still had great mind-muscle connection and had little on my mind except the workout I was doing.

This is where the product takes a hit. I personally got it at $20 on special at the LA Fit Expo, which was a great deal. That was an expo deal though. They do run specials from time to time, but for the most part, you're looking at about $40-$45 for a tub, and are pretty much limited to buying it at GNC or on their website.

The price really isn't awful. You are getting plethora of proven ingredients, that are all well-dosed. I personally would dish out the money for it, but I could totally see some others not be willing to pay that much, which is fine.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Ghost is a pretty cool company. They have the YouTube celebs with them(Guzman and Chewning), and it is a "lifestyle" brand. I like it. They even got me to wear their hats and sweatshirts like a damn conformist!

Legend is a solid pre-workout that I encourage almost everybody to try once. Try to get it on special if you can of course. The flavors are interesting, the effectiveness is on par with many companies out there, and there really isn't much I could complain about. Good ingredients, cool marketing, great flavors... not much more I could ask for, besides a slightly cheaper price I guess.

• mhseaver670
    September 6, 2017

Ryan Hughes is a super nice dude. I used to talk to him some and get tips on Facebook.

• workoutguru
    September 6, 2017

Great review Clipper83. I have been kind of on the fence about weather or not I wanted to try this. After reading your review it has made me a lot more interested in wanting to try this now. Maybe we can get them to put some of their products on the trooper program for us to try.

• onder18
    September 6, 2017

Nice review bro. I have this in my rotation. Your right it is pretty good. Very underrated in my opinion.

• kaka
    September 6, 2017

Decent review but watermelon flavor doesn't contain only 165mg of Caffeine. 165mg + 37mg Caffeine from DiCaffeine Malate. Same for the other flavor Sour Black Cherry. Also you should add Endurance and Strength on your Effectiveness sector but it's ok. Lastly i disagree with your statement "You are getting plethora of proven ingredients, that are all well-dosed". Maybe on 1.5 scoops which further reduces value (2 Dollars per 1.5 scoop if the price is 40 Dollars). The only ingredients on one scoop with decent dosages are Citrulline, Agmatine and Norvaline but could be higher. Beta Alanine is underdosed (only 2grams), Alpha GPC is half the minimum dose, Rhodiola Rosea has 50mg (288mg minimum) and Theobromine is very low.

• Clipper83
    September 6, 2017

@kaka- yeah I realized I forgot to put that in after I posted it. I know the Christian Guzman Lemon flavored one had more caffeine in there, which I think was a limited edition one. I was basing the dosages on 1.5, which is how I used it, but I only mentioned that in my effectiveness portion. You are certainly right, thank you

• kaka
    September 6, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-09-06 17:24:38

Feedback is to help :) xD.

• Clipper83
    September 6, 2017

We need more of that for sure!

• Zsteinf
    September 8, 2017

it definitely has a cool advertisement on it. Nice review.