Legend Reviews

• Good Pumps
  • Works Great At 1 Or 2 Scoops
  • Good Endurance
  • No Crash

A PWO that works great with one or two scoops depending on what you want to get out of this product. It can be fairly expensive at face value without a sale, but it is worth the money in my opinion. Great energy, endurance, and pumps are to be had here.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week, currently doing GZCL UHF 9 week. The Ghost line of supplements has intrigued me since I first discovered them a couple years back. They are relatively new to the scene and sell a lifestyle instead of just supplements. Granted it is all marketing, I still find it interesting. I finally got around to trying Legend, so let us see just how legendary of a pre workout this truly is.

For the important macros one scoop nets you 5 calories, 1g carbs, 0g sugar, 39mg calcium, and 43mg potassium. This fully disclosed label is broken down into two main categories, so let us discuss those: **dosage is based off one scoop**

Ghost Legend
L-Citrulline (4,000mg): Citrulline is an amino acid that turns into Arginine in the kidneys after supplementation. Citrulline raises NO levels in the body, dosage to enhance sports performance are 6-8g an hour prior to exercise, so at one scoop it is a bit low.

CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine (2,000mg): Beta Alanine aids in recovery and endurance and gives you those magical tingles. Typically 2-5g daily is what you want, so here we have the minimum which is fine. Also the CarnoSyn is the best version of Beta-Alanine, so Ghost did not skimp here.

Agmatine Sulfate (500mg): Agmatine Sulfate lowers pain and depression and typically does not go well with Citrulline (according to Examine.com) though you see them paired up quite a bit in PWOs. No real known dosage exists here.

Norvaline (100mg): Norvaline supports the body's arginine concentrations and is here to assist in regulation of both NO and blood flow. So, yeah here for the pumps. 100-300mg are recommended amounts to take 30-45 minutes prior to training, so good to go.

Ghost Smart Energy
Taurine (1,000mg): Taurine increases blood flow, and recommended dosage is 500mg - 2g; it is also said to never exceed 3g a day, as it may be toxic to the body at those levels, so this dosage is good to go as long as you are not supplementing taurine in any other supplements (depending on how many scoops of this you take).

Caffeine (202mg): If you do not know what this is, you have no business taking a PWO. This breaks down to 165mg of Caffeine Anhydrous and 50mg delivering 37mg of Di-Caffeine Malate. The Anhydrous will hit you quickly while the Malate will have a slower release into your body. I really like when PWOs do this, so the energy lasts longer.

Alpha-GPC (150mg): Alpha-glycerophosphocholine (Alpha-GPC or -GPC) is a cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. A standard dosage of alpha-GPC is 300-600 mg, according to the most common label doses. This dose is in accordance with the study using alpha-GPC to enhance power output (600 mg) and the two studies noting an increase in growth hormone secretion, and is likely a good dose to take for athletes. So at one scoop this is fairly low for its purpose.

Rhodiola Root Extract (50mg): Rhodiola rosea is an herb that's popular for its "adaptogenic" properties (reducing fatigue and exhaustion in prolonged stressful situations). Usage of rhodiola as a daily preventative against fatigue has been reported to be effective in doses as low as 50mg.

Theobromine (50mg): Cocoa extract that exhibits a stimulant-like effect similar to caffeine, but much smoother and longer-lasting. Unsure of proper dosing here.

Olive Leaf Extract (40% Oleuropein) (50mg): Supplemental olive leaf is taken in the 500-1000 mg range daily, although supplements with even as low as 10 mg (as seen in olive oil products) may confer good protection against LDL oxidation. At least for LDL oxidation, olive food products may suffice rather than supplementation. (Examine.com)

NADH 10% (2.5mg): NADH is used for improving mental clarity, alertness, concentration, and memory; as well as for treating Alzheimer's disease and dementia. Because of its role in energy production, NADH is also used for improving athletic performance and treating chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). (WebMD) 5-10mg is sufficient for chronic fatigue syndrome, so a bit low at one dose.

Rauwolfia Root Extract (1mg): Could not find much on this but Ghost states this is here for long lasting energy without anxiousness.

Overall, it is a good profile and most ingredients are dosed well for one scoop. I have no real issues here, appreciate the fully disclosed label, and I am always happy to see no filler ingredients. I do believe they designed Legend to be taken 1-2 scoops, so all dosages here allow that flexibility.

Taste: I bought the Sour Black Cherry (Warheads) flavor and thought it was pretty good. It definitely will pucker you up, especially if you workout in the early morning (6am) like I do. It does have a bit of a vinegar like after taste, but nothing unbearable. I did get some nice hints of cherry in it which I enjoyed. So yeah, very decent and easy to drink pre, just understand that it is based off Warheads, so that is why its sour.

Mixability: Some slight foaming initially on shaking it up, but that is to be expected in most PWOs. It would settle down very quickly, and at times I shook it up and then slammed it with no issues. I had no residue left over, so I had the piece of mind I was getting an actual full scoop and not wasting any in my shaker bottle.

Dosing: I dosed this 30 minutes prior to my workouts at both 1 scoop and 2 scoops.

What I look for in a PWO is an energy boost, endurance, pumps, and focus. Since I dosed this at 1 scoop, 2 scoops, and with Ghost Pump I will explain how each way effected me.

1-scoop: I know what you are thinking, you are thinking that 202mg of Caffeine cannot nearly be enough for you in today's world where PWOs range from 300-500mg per scoop. Well for me one scoop did a nice job. I have had a wide range of caffeine in my PWOs over the years, and this was good enough for me. It gave me an okay energy boost to get to the gym, the endurance was enough to get me through 60-90 minutes of lifting without me getting tired, the pumps were average, and focus was okay. I really never noticed much in terms of focus, but I typically stay on track without focus ingredients, so it is hard to judge here. The energy was low key and did not hit me like a ton of bricks. This was sufficient to me, but alas I just had to try two scoops.

2-scoops: I felt this was unnecessary, but WOW this went from a good product to a GREAT product. The energy was still very low-key I did not get jittery or anything like that, the beta-alanine became very prevalent with those tingles and everything was enhanced. I had enough energy and endurance during my workouts and for about an hour afterwards which was awesome. This did not give me a crash either. The pumps were above average here, and became very obvious on my high rep days. Again with focus, I did not notice much, but that may just be me. So yeah this was awesome.

1-scoop + Pump: I wanted to see how this combo worked, and it worked extremely well. Pump by itself works great (review coming later) and this took the pumps to the point they were painful. This rivals the best pump PWO I have ever taken (Quake 10.0) and may even be slightly better. Definitely a great combo to try out.

So yeah, this was an above average PWO in my eyes at one scoop, and one of my top best and favorite PWOs with two scoops. I really enjoyed this run and was very sad when it ended.

As you may know with most Ghost products they tend to be expensive. You can utilize the code PRICEPLOW and get this for $35.99 for 30 scoops which comes out to $1.20 a scoop before shipping and handling. So yes this can be expensive at two scoops a pop, but once you factor in effectiveness and quality you truly get what you pay for here. Keep an eye out for those rare Ghost sales (Black Friday sale starts Thursday 22 Nov 2018 at midnight CST) and you can get a good deal. I am giving this a 7.5 simply because I had no buyers remorse or regrets paying this price at all, because it worked great for me. For you Military folks out there, contact Ghost and you will get 20% off at all times.

Side Effects

Well this did give me some gastrointestinal distress as most PWOs do. Every time I have any dose of caffeine I have to hit the bathroom, so if you are like me, give yourself some time before hitting those weights to prepare yourself.

Conclusion

No matter how I dosed Legend I felt it did a nice job to get me to the gym and crush my workouts. It is flexible enough you can use this for a lower stim PWO option (as my wife does) or double the dose and get that Legendary effect. You get what you pay for here, so if you have the money and are looking to try out a PWO with unique flavors, then give Legend a shot. I highly recommend this product, and this is one of my favorite PWOs out there now. I will definitely be picking up more this black Friday!!
  • Black cherry sourheads: 8/10

• Wis3guy
    November 20, 2018

Nice job, I really think I need to try this and some of their other products.

• DaSlaya
    November 20, 2018

You should, they do a nice job. The only products I have not really been impressed with are BCAA and Amino. They have their black Friday deals starting Thursday night, so best time to jump on the Ghost bandwagon!!