Fish Oil Reviews

By: Ghost

Fish Oil is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by Ghost. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

Overall
Overall
9.2

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreased Blood Pressure
  • Minor Joint Pain Aid
  • Minor Memory Aid
  • Great Value
  • Too Small EPADHA Dosage

37 years old and I currently lift 4 times a week. At this point you likely know that I take Fish Oil extremely serious, and coming off a bad 30 day run of the cheap stuff, it was time to find better quality over the price tag. During this hunt, I got sucked into the Ghost Lifestyle website and decided I really want to try their products out. I like that they are selling a lifestyle and not just products, I know its all a sale tactic, but it works for me. Pretty interesting page, so lets see how their Fish Oil lived up to the hype that I gave them!

I am sure you are thinking that this should only contain Omega-3 Fatty Acids, but nope we have 1,250mg of a variety of Omega Fatty Acids here. A fully transparent label, so Ghost is already on the right track. Lets break each one down, since most people are not used to the different types of Omega Fatty Acids.

**Each dosage is based off 1 pill**

Omega-3 Fatty Acids (990mg total; 300mg DHA, 450mg EPA, 240mg DPA, Linolenic Acid): EPA helps lessen inflammation in the body, while DHA is essential for brain health and function. DPA is similar to EPA in the fact that it is commonly used to support healthy inflammation management, blood vessel function, and support of healthy clotting. Linolenic Acid (commonly known as ALA) is used for preventing and treating diseases of the heart and blood vessels. The goal is usually to get 1g of EPA/DHA daily, I dosed this 2 pills a day giving me 1500mg of EPHA/DHA, so no problems here. My one issue I have here is that Examine.com states that Omega-3's do not go well with Omega-6 fatty acids, like linoleic acid and arachidonic acid, here we have Omega-6 fatty acids included without being specified which ones.

Total Omega-5 Fatty Acids (1mg): Depending on what you read , it appears omega-5 (Myristoleic Acid or Punicic Acid) can promote apporpriate inflammation in the body, have a positive effect on weight, cardiovascular health and blood sugar balance. Not really common at all to find information or dosages, but hey if it works glad its in here.

Total Omega-6 Fatty Acids (80mg): These fatty acids provide a variety of benefits such as helps reduce nerve pain, fights inflammation, treats rheumatoid arthiritis, may help reduce symptoms of ADHD, reduces high blood pressure, lowers risk of heart disease, and support bone health. These acids include Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, and GLA. Not real sure which acids specifically are in here, hoping its only GLA but I cannot speak educated enough to know why certain Omega-3's and 6's do not play well together. Either way, nice inclusion here, and for proper dosage, who knows.

Total Omega-7 Fatty Acids (14mg): Benefits here are healthier hair, skin, and nails; maintains healthy cholestorol levels and blood sugar levels; and aids in mucous membrane health. Not a lot can be found here either, but the acid that is being addressed here is Palmitoleic Acid.

Total Omega-9 Fatty Acids (90mg): Also known as Oleic Acid. These can be produced by the body, unlike Omega 3 and 6's, making it not as important. Omega 9 benefits include helping reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke; increasing energy, decreasing anger and enhancing mood; and potentially benefiting people with Alzheimer's. Again, no dosage is known on this that I could find, there is warnings not to overdo the intake of this, whatever number that could possibly be.

So a nice variety of different fatty acids here, truly making this a full spectrum product. The dosage of 750mg EPA/DHA per pill (I took 2 daily, netting me 1500mg) is low compared to most fish oils which give you 2-3g combined EPA/DHA but it also meets the daily requirements of at least 1-1.5g per day. I know a lot of research needs to be done here and there are a ton of unknowns with this profile combination, it may be a good thing over time if they find that the different Omega's work in concert with one another. Of course only time will tell.

Taste/Mixabililty: No taste, your standard gel coated Fish Oil Pills. They appear large (most Fish Oil pills do) but is very easy to swallow.

Dosing: The directions state to take 1-2 pills daily, not exceeding 2. I took one with breakfast and one with lunch. Simple enough!

Now comes the hard part in the world of Fish Oil. There are no wild claims on the product other than the product is molecularly distilled for the highest quality. There are no third party tests to this product and it is fairly new, so we cannot confirm nor deny. What I personally look for in Fish Oil is an aid to memory, lower my high blood pressure, and aid in joint pain.

As far as the memory goes, I have had 6 Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) in the last 18 years, so my short term memory sucks when I do not take quality fish oil. This aided me slightly, but I would still struggle at times. Compared to other fish oils that worked great (Intel Labs and Omega Jym) this fell a little short in that department.

I did get a blood pressure test today actually and my blood pressure was lowered a bit. Nothing phenomenal since I have high blood pressure, but it definitely lowered it to a safer level, so kudos there. I had a recent run of really bad quality fish oil and it increased my resting heart rate, Ghost Fish Oil lowered it for me as well.

For joint pain, I think this did help but I was taking Curcumin at the same time. When I initially stated this though I did notice my little pains in my wrists went away, but the big joint pain (my left ankle and left shoulder) only went away when combined with Curcumin.
h
Overall not bad, but not earth shattering either. Someone like me needs more dosage and emphasis put on Omega-3's, maybe increase those, while keeping the other Omega's? I think the inclusion of the other Omega's are neat, and may just be a marketing thing, I believe the dosages are too low to even notice them. Or this may be a long term effect thing, but I cannot be sure.

I got this from Ghost's website for $14.99 for 60 pills, which lasted me 30 days. If you take 2 pills a day like me this comes out to 50 cents a day. This is actually the best deal right now for Fish Oil when compared to Intel labs, Omega Jym, and even the cheap one Bio-Science. I did get some moderate effectiveness out of this so yes pretty great value. If you take Fish Oil and do not have the extreme problems like I do then your self value may increase. You can also buy a 3 pack of this for $29.99 making this 10 bucks a bottle. You probably will not find a better deal out there.

Side Effects

A couple times I did get some Fish Burps. That would normally only happen if I took this without food. I only found this happening in the first week I was on the product, towards the end I would not get any fish burps whether I took this with food or not. Maybe my body was just adjusting. Fairly normal problem and if you take your doses with food you will not experience this.

Conclusion

Not a bad product here from Ghost. I was excited to give this a try and do not regret it one bit. As I said, I have some fairly advanced memory and joint problems than the average person so I expect a lot more from my Fish Oil. I saw moderate improvements with my current state, so likely you will find some positive results here. You can't beat the price tag on this, in the future I will probably grab the 3 pack from the site and see if the effects increase in the longer term. This did seem like it was a high quality product, I am really liking Ghost right now and highly recommend this product and I plan to try out others in the future.

• MarsheS
    September 13, 2017

Excellent review DaSlaya, only thing is that JYM's omega supplement is called "Omega JYM" and not "Pre Jym" so you might want to fix that (1 located at the Value section and the other 1 at the 2nd paragraph of the Effectiveness section).

• DaSlaya
    September 13, 2017

Thanks MarsheS. Good catch sometimes my mind goes one direction and my fingers type something else! I am telling ya, your a great editor brother! Appreciate it!