Flexx BCAAs Reviews

By: German American Technologies

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Flexx BCAAs is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by German American Technologies. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Overall
  October 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Improved Hydration
  • Tastes Great
  • Vegan
  • Contain L-carnitine
  • Contains Coconut Water Powder

Hey Sr fam, I am definitely a changed man from the past - I no longer refrain from trying new and different things. I have recently been eating a lot of vegan and vegetarian options just for the sake of variety plus my wife is a vegan. But GAT flexx BCAAs is something that caught my eye. A sample was given and after my first sip I was hooked... and I was startled that is was 100% vegan!

Serving Size: 1 scoop (11.5g)

Servings per container: 60

Fermented L-isoleucine 1.75g

Fermented L-valine 1.75g

L-carnitine 500mg

Coconut water powder 500mg

Other ingredients: natural and artificial flavor, Citric acid, malic acid,sucralose, silicon dioxide, acesulfame-K and maltodextrin.

Now I will say I always knew standard bcaas are made with real human hair, duck feathers and dog hair. But natural BCAAs are made from corn. This is something I honestly cringe to think about - but it is true. Standard BCAAs are cheap because of these disgusting methods but natural BCAAs are pretty pricey (well this one is). But

I will say companies utilizing natural BCAAs earn my respect. Knowledge is key here - but hey if you don't use natural BCAAs cool if you do cool as well - for me natural is the way.

Now with regards to this formulation... I really like it. It contains 7g of BCAAs, some B vitamins (for energy), L-carnitine and and coconut water powder. It may be pretty underdosed in L-carnitine but - hey at 2 scoops it's a lil better at 1g, but it's still a welcomed addition regardless. I guess the main point of this product is being a BCAA - so the add ons are definitely a bonus. I didn't like that this contains acesulfame-K and maltodextrin but hey no product is perfect. The ratio is literally perfect as it's a 2:1:1 perfect ratio and synergy!

Taste

Before I got the tubs I had a sample and I must say I was blown away by the jelly bean flavor which tasted just like jelly beans but with a candied sour twist that I loved. Then I was like damn I gotta buy this- as my wife would also appreciate it.

Orange burst

8.5/10

A very interesting candy flavor here, very enjoyable too. It has a very fresh squeezed orange juice flavor coupled with a sour twist that is quite delicious I won't lie. I was expecting a sweet twist but this is something I enjoyed as it was a switch up to what I am usually used to - definitely for those who love sour candy.

Sour ball

Wow a really awesome flavor that I throughly enjoyed, it's exactly what I expected it to taste like and some more. I will say that drinking this instantly and sipping is recommended because the taste does switch up if you leave it for a while lol. But an insanely great drink for being plant based and again it's for the fans of sour candy - it's something I look forward to every soccer practice and I savor it!

I would like to find sweet candy alternatives in the future- it would be very interesting.

Mixability

This mixes well, but it does require an extra vigor shaking. It doesn't foam as much as I imagined, it does have a slight chalky texture but it add basically another element that didn't bother me too much. It requires constant shaking because it does settle at the bottom of the shaker if you do not constantly shake it up, if your down a serving instantly then this isn't an issue.

1 scoop with 6/8 oz of water. I'd recommend 2 scoops- as to get the most effectiveness. I'd utilize a scoop during my cardio sessions and soccer practice. I prefer to sip it through out.

Energy

I won't lie most BCAAs don't throw in extra B vitamins, and those that do never seem to boost my energy. But these give me that little bit extra of a boost coupled with some coffee lol. The energy really does help and make every session a better one! Nothing insane but a lil sometimes is a lot if you know what I mean

Hydration

Another aspect that greatly improved my overall performance was the hydration aspect. The electrolyte and coconut water blend worked great. Every sip I took I felt a bit more hydrated even though the session would make me sweat buckets I remained cool and good! Really awesome stuff

Recovery

BCAAs will contribute towards recovery and this was no like as Flexx BCAAs definitely helped make small subtle changes that were felt upon the next day. Training early in the am and then hitting a practice session nearly everyday of the week means really delayed recovery but flexx definitely made a difference.

I would say that this simply was better than I have ever intended because it certainly improved my overall performance by giving me a boost in hydration and energy too whilst improving my recovery and let's not forget it does taste amazing. I'd say the fat burning and muscle building effects are there as well in conjunction to many aspects but obviously diet is key - I would use this be it pre contest and offseason as it is just such a great product that's multi talented.

A container holds 60 scoops and the local cost here is around R900 ($60) I know it's a huge cost but there's not many options this side of the world when it comes to plant based BCAAs. I have seen it for $38 which is pretty awesomely priced I won't lie. I am just gonna rate this poorly because of the hideous pricing this side of the world but if your from the states this is really value for your money. Go ahead and treat yourself

Side Effects

Conclusion

8.5/10

Value differences aside - this is really a product I love and I have incorporated perfectly into my regime. Basically if something can work this good and taste great then o have plenty of hope for more plant based products which seem to be catching on to bigger brands - GAT has something amazing here and I do hope we see a lot more from them! This is appropriately named as it definitely does out flexx the BCAA competition!

Fridge