Precision Protein Reviews

By: Gaspari Nutrition

Protein > Whey Protein
Precision Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  April 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easily

If you are in the market for a delicious protein powder and don't mind spending the extra money on what appears to be a quality product (per the label), Precision Protein could be a contender.

What's up guys? Long time no review but I wanted to take the time to put up a quick review for the chocolate ice cream flavor of Gaspari's Precision Protein. I won a 28 serving tub through a forum promo and thought it worthwhile to post some thoughts here for the SR community.

Gaspari has provided a macro nutrient profile that should accommodate anyone looking for a boost to their protein intake without increasing their fat or carbohydrate intake significantly. The only source of protein is hydrolysate which has gained popularity for its touted benefits regarding absorption. Unfortunately, there is no conclusive data to my knowledge indicating that protein being "pre-digested" yields any improvements since whey protein is absorbed at such a rapid rate to begin with. Also, based on the research I did, hyrdrolyzed protein is more bitter due to the hydrolysis and requires more sweetener to mask the flavor which means the artificial sweetener content could be higher in this than similar non-hydrolyzed options.

I haven't found a chocolate flavored protein powder that I didn't enjoy to some degree so I felt pretty confident in my choice of flavors (chocolate ice cream). With that said, I have to say that Gaspari really did nail this flavor. I expected a typical chocolate with very little deviation from others I've had before but I was pleasantly surprised. This chocolate ice cream flavor lives up to name almost uncannily. It legitimately tastes like drinking the last bit of melted ice cream out of a bowl. It also mixes extremely well using nothing more than a shaker cup with a blender ball.

I admittedly don't venture out into other flavoring options often but, of those that I have tried, this is far and away my favorite chocolate variant.

There are no acute or tangible benefits to be assessed from a protein shake. With that in mind, I rated it an 8.0 because it does what it is designed to do which is allow me to increase my protein intake in a convenient and enjoyable manner and boy was it enjoyable (see my taste review above).

I cannot honestly justify the expense of this product despite the delicious flavoring, solid macros and ease of mixing. There are many options, including isolates for those struggle with too much lactose, that beat Precision Protein on a price per serving standpoint. As of a quick Google search, I found a four pound tub for $52.00 through AllStarHealth.com which isn't a terrible price but it's not hard to find comparable products for much less per pound and/or gram of protein.

Side Effects

None to be reported here other than wanting to have another shake just because it's like drinking guilt-free ice cream...

Conclusion

Overall, Gaspari has been around for a long time and it is evident they know what they're doing with regards to the market. They have produced a great tasting and mixing product here that will surely appeal to a wide audience but, for a frugal guy like me, I can't say that it's a winner in my books.
  • Chocolate Ice Cream: 9/10