Mitotropin has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Mitotropin Reviews

By: Gaspari Nutrition

Mitotropin is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Mitotropin has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Only 6 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

August 26, 2011

• Great Mood Enhancement
  • Some Jitters At First
I've gone through 2 rounds of Mitotropin now, and here's my review, comparing and contrasting the 2 cycles.

On my first round of Mitotropin I was also training for a half marathon and I followed the diet very closely with maybe 1 cheat day per week. I managed to drop some serious weight, almost 20 pounds. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with my running training but none of these supplements are miracle pills they require solid diet and exercise to work right.

The taste of these pills were not great, almost like a bitter minty flavor if you didn't get them down quick enough. They had an odor similar to elmers glue and bus fumes.

The pills themselves are cool looking, haha, but I noticed on my second bottle the pills were starting to Crack open, kind of the way a hot dog gets if you cook it too long without cutting the skin. I didn't notice any decrease in their effectiveness due to this.

All the while I was on my first cycle of mito I followed the diet's calorie requirements by combining various amounts of quick oats with Precision Engineered (Vitamin World brand) protein powder. It got the job done but variation in the stuff I ate (veggies and other carbs and some lean protein like chicken or tuna) would have made the diet easier to take.

I am a person who loves to eat and I found that while on mito I *could* eat (i wasn't turned off of eating) but I found I had the willpower to say no to food that was outside of the diet. Sunday dinner was always an exception as is the case with anyone on this site with an Italian family :) but i noticed a decrease in appetite for those big family meals and even though I went over the diet on those days I was still consuming far less food that I normally would for a family sunday dinner. It got to the point that my stepmom would get upset with me for not eating enough which was frustrating since I was already overeating and trying to lose weight.

The thermogenic feeling was great I could feel the pill working all day and the rush of energy I got from it was great. It really helped me get things done at work instead of dilly-dallying surfing the web and posting on a handful of forums. One downside to the thermogenesis was that I was started dating a girl early in my first cycle of mito and it was a bit embarrassing how much I would sweat when we were roller blading or walking or sitting watching tv (always sweating)

At the time of my first cycle of mito I was not doing any weight lifting, only cardio for the half marathon but I noticed that my left bicep had incredible definition and when i flexed my left arm my left shoulder and bicep looked like a little mountain range. it was pretty awesome, but it was only my left side (I'm left handed) my right bicep had some additional definition but nothing crazy, just less fat covering my muscle.

Fast forward to cycle 2 of the mito. I barely followed the diet, took the pills inconsistently and had stopped running entirely. Finishing that half marathon was a bittersweet thing for me. sweet - i finished a half marathon! bitter - it turned me off of running entirely and i put on some serious pounds. While on my second round of mito I still felt some appetite suppression but I was taking it earlier in the day and staying up later so once I was no longer feeling the effects later in the evening I would pig out on anything and everything. I basically wasted the entire cycle of mito this way. I could still feel the thermogenic effect and I was still sweating a lot but I had very little energy and I woke several nights with bad cramps for not keeping up with my fluid intake.

I see plenty of reviews that claim all these fat burners are not miracle pills and mito is no exception. Between the two cycles it is clear that diet and exercise and fluid intake play an important role in the proper function of these supplements.

If you want a pill that works I recommend Mitotropin, but if your diet isn't on point or you don't exercise regularly I recommend getting your life in proper order before attempting a bottle of this stuff.

July 21, 2011

• Some Jitters At First
Mitotropin is of course a Gaspari Nutrition supplement. I've come to really like Gaspari products now. Still being new to workouts, training and etc etc. I laughed hard when this box came with a special instruction manual AND extra pills in a package. Thought to myself "this is going to be fun".

Let me tell you, I've only used a couple fat burners but this one hit me like a truck at first. Yeah, those jitters really got me at first but I did understand that I was going to feel it so no big deal. I wouldn't say so much as a con because I believe if your going to start on a supplement like this there is going to be some jitters. But, does it work? Oh yeah it does! I really felt like my body was pushing me harder at everything I did.

Value:
Can't keep stressing how much I love sales and free stuff. This stuff was pretty high priced. It did do the job I wanted so I didn't mind at all. I wish I could tell you how much I got it for but I don't remember unfortunately. But, I can tell you that it wasn't full price. I still look at the manufacturer price and no way. Sale sale sale!

Overall:
First of all if it's on sale I say grab it. It works great, helps your appetite, and makes you feel like a Champion. I say give it a shot! You might like it.

January 24, 2011

• No Sick Feeling
  • Gives Me The Sh*ts
I took this in December 2009 to mid January 2010. I started out at 185 with 11.9% bf and at the end of the cycle i was at 172 with 7.6%.

Energy- At the time I wasn't used to stimulants, so i got some pretty good energy from it. I'm taking it again now and i'm not getting a lot of energy from it cause i'm more tolerant to stims now.

Thermo- I definitely feel my core temperature increase, I'm always hot, it's about 40 degrees outside right now with rain and wind, and while everyone else is complaining, I still feel pretty good.

Composition change- This is my favorite part of the product, over the first few day you don't see much of a difference at all, then all of a sudden, about 2 weeks in you start to notice big changes in composition.

Side effects- I get some seriously awful sh*ts with this stuff though. Sometimes just water too, so i know i'm losing a lot of water on this, it doesn't have a diuretic in the complex so that kind of confuses me, but I haven't gotten any other negative side effects.

All in all, I think its a solid product and would definitely recommend to anyone trying to cut some extra weight.

January 15, 2011

Cons:
    Took this product after trying CytoLean V2 and getting nowhere (I rated the Cytolean a 5).

This product was slightly better than the Cytolean, but nothing crazy. They give you a whole 'instruction booklet' with the product which is kinda funny, complete with a whole nutritional guide section.

Like I stated in my Cytolean review, I'm used to ECA Stacks from when I lived in Canada and could buy ephedrine. This product doens't come close to fat loss potential of an ECA Stack.

If you're looking for a product that DOES work very well, suggest going with OxyElite Pro - half the price (in Australia) and ACTUALLY WORKS (although still not as good as ECA Stack... ha).

If you're really keen on fat loss, all you really need is to tighten up your diet, do cardio every morning on empty stomach with 200mg of caffeine, and burn away the extra CALs. There is no over the counter product that'll drop fat if you eat and don't do cardio, plain & simple.

Best supp I've come across is OxyElite Pro.

December 1, 2010

• Great Mood Enhancement
    • No Sick Feeling
      i think most negative comments on this product derive from illiteracy or lack of common sense. like any other supplement please read any and all instructions, it comes with quite a bit. if it hurts ur lil tummy than dont take complete recomended servings, start with one than two.... and so on. sometimes we want to run before we learn to walk. Also, this is an intense fat burner not ur usual Hydroxycut or Lipo 6, as it states on the box! make sure u get ur diet and workout tempo in check. i started mid september and the bottle lasted me until halloween. i weighed 287 lbs on day one, on october 31st i weighed 255 lbs. the supply lasted me longer than 30 days because i used my brain and started slow with incomplete serving sizes in order for my body to better recieve the supplement. i have used many different types of fat burners many different times and this is the first one that had incredible results greater than 10 lbs of fat loss. my muscle strength and mass stayed the same and endurance shot through the roof. if you're serious about fat loss you need to abosultely give this product a try!

Overall
      Overall
      1.0
      3.0
      1.0
        July 27, 2010

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Appetite Suppression
      • Made Me Sick
      • Made My Skin Crawl
      I was very disappointed in this product.
      The first few days it made me very jittery and uncomfortable. The next week or two I slowly but, surely developed a pain in my stomach and lower back. I wasn't convinced that it was the Mitotropin. I thought perhaps I caught a nasty bug. Regardless, I stopped the cycle with three days before the Cool, Blue pill finale since the pain and nausea got so bad that I was unable to eat food, much less these rot-gut pills.
      I may have shed 5 lbs although, that is more than likely due to the food I couldn't eat on top of the top notch Cardio program I participated in.

I didn't have any noticeable, good side effects.
      I will NEVER use this product again and I highly recommend steering clear of this and shooting for anything else.