IntraPro Reviews

By: Gaspari Nutrition

FORUM TOPICS

Protein > Whey Protein
IntraPro is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Gaspari Nutrition. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Only 6 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

January 18, 2013

• Lots Of Gas
Not my first protein and definitely not a bad protein BUT there are a few issues which i'll mention in a minute.

Taste: 10/10 - nothing to complain about, it's in fact so tasty that i'll just go have a shake when i'm having a craving for sweet and this'll do perfect, (even better with oat milk over normal milk)

The mix: 7/10 - for an isolated whey protein it's pretty good, but still, there are a lot better with less fat/kcals like nectar sweets by syntax (that i've just gone back to because it's a bit better as an isolate and flavour is equal).

Cost: I just finished a 2,2kg tub and it cost me €55 (from body-supplies.nl) and can't say that's a bad price at all, though i'm sure in the states it'll sell for less.

Side effects: Reason it doesn't get a 10/10 for overall is because of the side effects of copious amounts of gas this produces. I've been having bad stomach gas (smell being repulsive) and couldn't figure out why it started all of a sudden. Days I take the shake i'm a walking howitzer, days I don't take it my stomach is just fine.. I switched to taking it with oat milk and soy milk but the effects are the same so from that point, watch out. FYI never had this issue with other proteins, but if you don't get this issue with it, by all means 10/10 then!

May 4, 2012

• Can Get Thick
This is just another whey isolate so I'll try and keep this short and simple.

Gaspari Intrapro
Qty Consumed - 5lbs
Flavor - Double Chocolate

===== Taste (11/10) =====

This is a great tasting product whether it be in plain water or milk. Add in dextrose for a shake you'll actually crave for after a grueling workout.

=> Tastes better than ON's Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate.

===== Mixability (10/10) =====

No complaints here.

===== Profile (9/10) =====

The profile's pretty good but the fat content's slightly higher than norm. 25g of protein in a serving.

=> I think it's got CLA and vitamins in it. Props to Gaspari for that.

===== Effectiveness (9/10) =====

2 scoops a day. Minimal soreness except on the days after deadlifts. I've been on a recomp and it has really helped.

===== Cost (7/10) =====

I got it on a bargain. For about $10(in local prices) less than a 5lb of ON Gold Standard. Protein's just protein and unless if you're looking for that extra edge direct the extra dough towards your diet.

===== Cons =====

Occasional stinky farts. Even more when you near the bottom of the tub. Mixing it with even 30g of dextrose would often leave me feeling all bloated for at least an hour post workout.

Verdict: This a good product. But I'm sure there are are way better isolates out there in terms of price and profile.

December 4, 2011

• Clumps Sometimes
I picked up a few tubs of this on sale and just recently finished my first 5lb tub.

This is whey protein isolate and 1 scoop clocks in at 155 calories, 3.5g of fat, 70mg of sodium, 5g of carbs, and 25g of protein. Pretty standard isolate profile, really, so I'm just going to dive right in and get to the good stuff.

Taste: I got the double chocolate flavor which is very rich, very cocoa-y. Mixing it with milk resulted in a very rich chocolate shake, while mixing it with water was more like drinking straight, unsweetened chocolate.

Mixability: Mixibility was fine. This is one of the clumpier proteins I've tried, but putting the water (or milk) into the shaker first, followed by the powdered protein worked best to beat the clumps. In milk especially I found it would clump to the bottom of the shaker if I poured the milk in second. Not a deal-breaker though. Just a minor inconvenience later when you go to wash your shaker out.

Is Intrapro a good value compared to other brands?

Well, that depends. A five pound tub of this is a little on the expensive side for protein, especially when Gaspari's own blend protein (Myofusion) can usually be found on sale for ~<=$35. I got it on sale, so I can't complain, but with so many great alternatives out there (Trutein, Myofusion Pro, the old Myofusion) I'd hesitate to pick this up again unless I found it on sale somewhere.

As far as results go, I experienced great results in line with other types of proteins I've tried.

May 12, 2011

• Good Macros
  • Clumps Sometimes
Intra pro is Gaspari Nutrition's whey isolate protein. This was a great protein with good results. I have been wanting to review this product for awhile but I was really lazy to do it.

Taste 8.3/10: I got the vanilla flavor. When I first opened the container of this, it smelled like marshmallows. And the first time I took this, it tasted exactly just like how it smelled. It was probably one the greatest tasting proteins I have used. Although I liked it, my friends hated the vanilla flavor and like other flavors like chocolate. But I highly recommend the vanilla.

Mixing 7.8/10: I would one and a half scoops in my shaker and it dissolved pretty good. Although most of the times I mixed this, there would be a few clumps. It wasn't really a problem for me, but it sure did annoy me. There other proteins that mix better then this. But when it did mix, everything dissolved.

Effectiveness 8.7: I can definitely say intra pro worked. I would feel less sore the next day. I would stack this with kre-alkalyln and a few pieces of fruit and the effectiveness was great. Sometimes, there wouldn't be any soreness at all. Intra pro also helped me get a little bit leaner.

Cons: There were no cons with this protein. But the only thing I would complain about is the clumping. But that's about it.

Overall 8/10: Intra pro was awesome. Combine this with a great diet high in protein and you will definitely see results with this. I highly recommend this product.

March 21, 2011

• Can Get Thick
From info from one of the local shops, the guys there use one scoop iso, one scoop mass gainer right after workouts. ISO for the fast absortion and the quick mass carbs for right after.
Guess that makes sense, I'm not an expert but I tried it.
IntraPro was actually 3rd ISO I tried with that combo. Its also the thickest by far, maybe its placebo but it really feels like it sticks to you. Tried ON Platinum Hydrowhey, AllMax Isopure and couple others.
So since then, I take IntraPro right after workouts and then eat my carbs etc... Seems to be working well.

Mixability 9/10 - Yes, you might have read a review from me, use the Magic Bullet. Dont laugh, it really works.

Taste 8/10 - Its a bit thick so you really taste it more. With the proper mix, it taste great. But sometimes after a hard workout, its a bit hard to chug soemthing thick down.

Effectiveness 10/10 - Works great. Cant say anything more than I've had great results with it. Highly recommended.

It did take a day to switch from previous ISO to this one. But no bloating, gas, etc...
I've only bought the 2lb jugs and actually when compared to other ISO, I found its actually on the cheaper side.

December 17, 2010

• Good Macros
  • Stinky Farts
Just finished my tub of IntraPro and I was pretty impressed.

Protein is protein, so an isolate is and isolate, however in this case, there is a little bit of fat and 6g carbs per scoop if I remember right. I'm not a huge fan of the fat, but the fact that there were carbs meant that two scoops of this actually made for a pretty good post workout. I got my whey isolate and just over 10g carbs. Also the vitamin blend is nice, even if it's not really enough of any vitamin it's nice to know Gaspari puts in the effort =/

Value:
Got this on markdown for 20 bucks, but even at regualr price it's pretty good.

Taste:
The best part of this was that it's all isolate, but it's got the consistency of a blend. The chocolate flavor was really nice and rich and mixed nice and thick even in water which is how I like my shakes.

Overall:
The reason I ranked overall one lower than the rest was that it upset my stomach. I'm guessing that the carbs are due to the amount of lactose in here, so about 30 mins after drinking my shake the gas was pretty unreal. I would buy this on sale, but given the choice I'd still go with IsoFlex and soem Dextrose.