G FUEL Energy Formula Reviews

By: Gamma Labs

Ranks #10 (better than 71%)
In: Energy Supplements > Other Energy Supplements

G FUEL Energy Formula is an Energy Supplement manufactured by Gamma Labs. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.
FORUM TOPICS

Energy Supplements > Other Energy Supplements

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for agressive marketing and misinformation.

shinndigg
TROOPer Level: 35

March 22, 2017

(Thanks to Gamma Labs for sending it out!)
Big thanks to the peeps at Gamma Labs for providing their product to the TROOPs. Finding a little "pick me up" energy source is a nice luxury to have. Some people chug coffee, or buy those canned energy drinks or shots to get that little boost they seek. This product offers an alternative to these costly options.

Dosage: Took either first thing in the morning, or after lunch as needed.

Ingredient Profile (7/10): The main issue with the ingredients here is they are all in prop blends, and a lot of the prop blends seem to be a little under dosed. Now since this is product isn't necessarily intended to be a "pre-workout" I don't judge it on such a harsh curve. But you do get 150mg of caffeine per scoop, which to the super stim tolerant is not very much. However I like that this product is more of a subtle energy supplement that won't smack you in the face and make you crash later. You also get some Taurine and Citrulline in the 1.85 gram energy complex which again seems pretty low from a workout perspective, but as a recreational perspective is ok. Tyrosine is the main ingredient in the 1.2 gram focus blend, and there is a 185mg anti-oxidant blend thrown into the mix as well. The label won't blow you away but does contain some effective ingredients.

Mixture (8/10): I threw a scoop in with about 16 ounces of water in a shaker cup and it mixed well. There is a small amount of undissolved powder in the solution, but not overly prominent. A few extra shakes and swirls usually got the job done for what was left over.

Taste (8/10): The flavor I got to sample was called "Tropical Rain", which appears to be a fruit flavored blend featuring pineapple, blueberry, kiwi, and raspberry judging from the picture on the label. The taste overall was good and enjoyable, and didn't taste overly artificial. The flavoring is a little bit on the strong side for my liking, but tolerable and not something you have to plug your nose or chug (ala 5 hour energy shots). There is a small lingering aftertaste that doesn't ruin anything, but does stick around.

Effectiveness (8/10): This product didn't blow me away, but it did give me that little bump I was hoping to get out of it. The energy pick me up was there, and didn't lead to a subsequent crash which I like. Focus was there, and helped my sometimes A.D.D. like tendencies that I get sometimes. The one problem I did have was after awhile one scoop wasn't quite enough and I built a tolerance up to it, so I eventually got up to a heaping scoop or even a scoop and a half at some points. I was taking this everyday to be able to review this as soon as possible, but if I were to use this again I would only use it like 2-3 times a week.

Value (9/10): You can snag a 40 serving tub of this for $28 bucks on Amazon or Allstarhealth, which comes out to 70 cents a serving. Which when you compare that to a energy drink, energy shot, or coffee even it's a much better deal in the long run.

Overall, this product is great. While not a viable or practical choice for pre-workout, is a cheaper and equally effective option for an energy boost to get you through the day when compared to energy drinks or shots. I recommend this product, and it gets the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Versatile
  • Increased Focus
  • Prop Blends
  • Tropical Rain: 8/10
Momo1
TROOPer Level: 59
  March 20, 2017

(Thanks to Gamma Labs for sending it out!)
What's up SR, I would like to thank Gamma Labs and the Troopers for allowing me to run G-Fuel, an energy drink with a couple of goodies not found in your typical energy drink. Due to the crazy line of work I do, by the time 1 or 2 in the afternoon role in, my mind feels like mush. I normally have to take at least of a of one of my pre-workouts, since I have not been able to find an energy drink that works for me during the day. When G-Fuel came up for the Troopers, I jumped on the opportunity.

Ok, the profile for G-Fuel is one massive proprietary blend; yes we all like to know how much of each goodie we are getting, at least we know there is 150 mg of caffeine to gauge how strong or weak this will be. G-Fuel is broken down in to 3 parts:

Energy complex - 1.85 grams, which consist of the caffeine content and other goodies like Velvet Bean, N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL, and Glucoronolactone; this acts as a performance enhancing chemical, not too much strong research on it.

Focus Complex - 1.2 grams, which contains L-Tyrosine and long chemical name for what we know as Salt, just to name a few.

Antioxidant Complex - 163.5 mg, which with all the stuff in this section, that I will really not get into, are very under dosed; see the product label on the product to see ingredient's like Acai, Pomegranate Fruit, etc

Mix - This mixed ok, but wow the dye used in this stuff stained my shaker cup within 1 week of using it. I even noticed some staining on my teeth by the end of the run. The one thing I do have to say, the scooper will be the new wave, perfect for putting in a serving in a bottle of water with spilling powder everywhere.

Taste - To me, this was too sweet and the sweet taste would stay in my mouth, even after drink my servings for a while.

Dose - it recommends to use 12-16 ounces when consuming a serving; however, I am sure they recommend this amount of water, to help dissipate the sugar contents in G-Fuel. I used this mostly in the afternoon, I did on 2 occasion test it as an evening pre-workout.

----Effectiveness----

As a pick me up, G-Fuel did the trick, when I took my serving, it wouldn't hit you like a bang, like getting up and throw something at the dumb co-worker next to you talking crazy; a gradual increase in energy. It would last about 2 to 3 hours and then I would come down from it without any crashing; considering the average amount of caffeine in G-Fuel. I did however, notice and increase in peeing dark yellow at times, I am sure this was due to the B12 and B6 in G-Fuel, which at the time, I was taking my multi-vitamin that contains a good amount of Bs in there.

As far as using G-Fuel for a pre-workout, this is not the intention for G-Fuel in my opinion. As a pre-workout, for me, I had to take 2 scoops to even feel the same energy from the typical pre-workouts that I use. On the 2 occasions I used G-Fuel as a pre-workout, one was for cardio, which did ok and the other was for a row machine workout; which within 15 mins of taking, to me, it felt like the energy evaporated out of my skin in the sweat.

Value - You get 40 servings in G-Fuel, you can pick it sometimes on Amazon for about $22.00, if it is in stock. That is a good value considering that most energy drinks, just for one can is over $2.00.

Sides - other than a slight teeth stain

----Conclusion----

G-Fuel did work for me as it was intended for, which was as a pick me up product to help me finish the day's work. However, as a pre-workout, for me, this did not work. The main issues I have with G-Fuel is the sweetener and food coloring used in it. In this day in age where people who are looking to get into a healthier eating life style, all the chemicals and sugars is not how I would promote a clean and healthy energy drink, which provides some Antioxidant protection that goes out the window due to the sugar content. In my opinion, if G-Fuel can be reformulated and remove the high sugar and food dyes, it would be an addition to my supplement regiment.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Alternative To Energy Drinks
  • Great Scooper
  • Affordable
  • Not A Good Preworkout
  • Dyes
  • Excessive Flavoring
Cray
TROOPer Level: 56
  March 20, 2017

----Introduction----
I am an avid gamer - have been for years. I've played over 3,500 hours of DOTA2. Put 150 into the Witcher 3 and all the expansions. Have played most of the classics, i.e. Skyrim, Mass Effect, AC, Batman, etc., and I literally, just last night, finished Horizon Zero Dawn (amazing btw). I've been intrigued by the sudden infusion of gamer-focused supplements into the supplement industry, and jumped at the chance to try Gamma Lab's G FUEL in the hopes it would make me less of a trash player.

----Ingredient Profile----
G FUEL contains, for the most part, your basic pre-workout ingredients i.e. Taurine, L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitrate, and so on. The profile is a mashup of several proprietary blends, making it difficult to determine if everything is dosed at an effective level. They do disclose the dosage of caffeine per serving (150mg), and there's also a massive antioxidant blend you know to help out those gamers.

All in all I liked the profile. The caffeine dosage is appropriate - you don't want to be cracked out while gaming, and their Focus Complex contains all the major players for that type of prop blend. Good stuff.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
There's 17 (jesus christ) different flavors of G FUEL. I requested and received the Fazeberry flavor, which is a mashup of pomegranate, blueberry, and strawberry. Friggin delicious. Not overly sweet or tart. Not too aggressively flavored. Gamma Labs nailed the flavoring of Fazeberry.

As for dosing, I'll admit I didn't always use this supplement for its marketed purposes. A few times I did throw a scoop into 32oz. of water and sip while playing games, but most of the time I used this as a mid-day coffee substitution and would have a scoop at work around 2PM.

No issues with mixability or grittiness. Dissolves quickly and easily.

----Effectiveness----
My main online battle game right now is For Honor (Dues Vult) and I'm pretty good (I main a prestige rep 5 Peacekeeper w/ ~65% PVP win rate). Did I notice a positive different sipping G FUEL while playing well, yes, however I generally drink when I'm gaming, so obviously one would expect me to play better while not drinking. Still, I give G FUEL some credit. It lives up to its claim of providing a quick burst of clean energy with no crash or jitters. I didn't notice major changes to my concentration, but that's not an issue for me when I'm playing - I'm always zoned in. My reaction time isn't great as is, and it's particularly not great once I've got a few whiskeys in me (I know, surprising), I did play better those times I had some G FUEL in me.

Aside from gaming, I LOVED this as a mid-day boost. Just the right amount of caffeine and focus boost to get me through a tough workday. I had no problems skipping an afternoon coffee the days I took G FUEL.

----Value----
G FUEL comes in individual packets and standard tubs of product. I'm skipping the individual packets - I don't see any reason why you'd buy this version unless you're desperate for a transportable and convenient pouch. The tub of 40 scoops will run you $28 on AllStarHeath - a per scoop cost of .70c. This is below the preworkout industry norm of ~.75c-$1.00 per serving, which is appropriate considering G FUEL's profile isn't as robust or concentrated as most standard preworkout products.

Personally I think this is an excellent price point for this product. Furthermore, if you're a gaming teenager (or anyone else) who regularly drinks energy drinks, this is an absolute must-buy. It's going to save you a ton of money and doesn't contain all the sugars, artificial sweeteners, and other garbage of most energy drinks.

No issues.

----Conclusion----
I really like with Gamma Labs did with G FUEL. It's effective, well-dosed, versatile, and affordable. My ONLY gripe - what the hell is up with the SCOOPER? It's got this weird funnel on it which makes getting a full scoop of product a pain in the ass. Get rid of that funnel Gamma Labs. Only noobs need assistance pouring their powder.

I don't see this being attractive to most lifters, and if you grabbed this product thinking it would work as a preworkout you're probably going to be disappointed. But for actual gamers or for people looking for a mid-day coffee/energy drink replacement, this is one product you need to check out.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Great For Gaming
  • Great Alternative To Energy Drinks
  • Clean Energy
  • Amazing Taste
  • Affordable
  • Versatile
  • Personally Insulted By Scooper
  • Prop Blends
  • Fazeberry: 9/10
Vaughn
TROOPer Level: 45
  March 13, 2017

----Introduction----

I'm not a big drinker of energy drinks, my vice is Coke Zero/Diet Coke. I am very strict about drinking sugar, usually won't touch it, so when Monster and Red Bull came out I never jumped on the train. I do love my caffeine though, so Diet Coke etc. would get me through the day. Of course, these definitely have their faults as well, so when I saw G Fuel by Gamma Labs advertised as an energy drink replacement with an interesting profile I thought I would give it a try. This product definitely has pros and cons, on to the review.

----Ingredient Profile----

A pretty extensive profile (attached) for this product. This has an assortment of vitamins, and prop blends for energy, focus, and antioxidants. The energy formula does tell you the amount of caffeine is 150 mg, which for the stim tolerant is pretty low, and some Carnitine, Taurine, and L-Dopa. Thought the L-Dopa is interesting, but in this smaller prop blend I don't think you would get a ton of benefits. Focus blend is made up of Tyrosine, ATP, and Huperzine A- some pretty well known nootropics used in a lot of preworkouts for focus. The antioxidant blend is made up of 19 fruit extracts/powders delivering 163 mg. I really like fruit/veggie blends and usually get a multi with this in it as I do feel they help our bodies. This is about the amount found in a daily multi so I really like the addition of this, even if the overall immediate effects of these ingredients might not be felt. So overall, an interesting product with some known energy and focus ingredients with a fruit blend for overall health. This definitely has a better profile than the average energy drink, but definitely not a preworkout and it doesn't market itself to be that so it's ok.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Here's where one of my biggest problems with this product lays. For a product that is trying to sell itself as a healthier alternative to energy drinks, this things is loaded with artificial sweeteners and dyes. My shaker cup was stained everytime. The taste is delicious, I had tropical rain which has the flavors I like most, but it was very very strong. I understand with the antioxidant complex that this probably tastes pretty bad without some help, but I think they need to tone this down quite a bit. For me personally as well, I don't need dyes at all let alone this much. One plus is the scooper however! They made it so it's easy to funnel into a water bottle, which many would like on the go. The mixability was fine, but definite need for improvement in this area.

----Effectiveness----

So does this work? I took this most of the time in the morning as a wake me up tool and get me motivated for the day. The focus was the best part of this product, as it did clear my mind get me ready to go for the day. The energy though was a little lackluster. It gave me a slight boost, but for the stim tolerant who are used to preworkouts this won't provide the boost you are used to. I think this would be much more effective for the average user or someone who has cycled off stims for awhile. I didn't get sick while on this at all and did feel healthy overall, but I can't put that solely on the antioxidant complex either as I did take a multi throughout. Would I take this over an energy drink? Definitely..and it is better than a diet coke as well, but because the energy wasn't what I was looking for and the dyes, etc. I would probably not go for this again.

----Value----

Once again when compared to energy drinks, this has a strong value as you get 40 servings for $28. For well under a $1 a serving, this is a great value if this is what you're looking for.

Stained shaker cups :(

----Conclusion----

I would like this product a lot with a couple tweaks. Up the caffeine to 200 mg or so, get rid of the dyes, tone down the flavoring and you may have a winner in the daily energy department.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Alternative To Energy Drinks
  • Great Scooper
  • Dyes
  • Excessive Flavoring
  • Low Stim
zbikowski88
TROOPer Level: 38
  March 10, 2017

----Introduction----
Before I start I want to thank Gamma Labs for giving me the opportunity to review G-Fuel. I've heard about this product for some time now but never had the opportunity to try it until this review. I'm not basing this review using G-Fuel as a pre-workout but more of an energy supplement to get me through the day. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week and started a new job that has me wake up early in the morning.

Claim: G Fuel was formulated out of necessity to give you "in the moment" focus, driven by a calm consistent energy.

----Ingredient Profile----
There are lots and lots of ingredients so the profile is broken up into three different complexes. Bummer this is not a transparent label but you at the very least you get somewhat of an idea on the dosages.

Energy Complex (1.85 G) Made up of six different ingredients with one being Caffeine at 150 mg. It was kind of funny to me this is not classified as a pre-workout because there were no "Pump" agents. However the second ingredient in the list is L-Citrulline Malate which helps boost Nitric-Oxide production.

Focus Complex (1.2 G) Features 7 ingredients with some that I had to look up to see what they did.

Toothed Clubmoss Aerial Parts Extract - (Huperzine A) (Focus/Memory) An alkaloid isolated from Huperzia serrata, is a putative nootropic agent developed by the Chinese Academy of Sciences. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14725492

Vinpocetine - A derivative of Vincamine, an alkaloid of common periwinkle plant (vinca minor), which has been shown to exert a brain neuro-protective effect by a combined action on cerebral circulation, brain metabolism and rheological properties of the blood. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4160700/

Bacopa Leaf Extract - Used to treat various disorders for centuries (pain, epilepsy, and inflammation, amongst many) perhaps the chief therapeutic claim concerning its benefits has been in improving memory. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4568033/

Antioxidant Complex (163.5 mg) A big mixture of antioxidants creating a big blend.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste - For this review I received the Tropical Rain flavor which one of 17 or so flavors. This features as you may think tropical fruits such as pineapple, blueberries, kiwis and others. I thought this tasted like a very sweet tropical drink which was pleasant and looked forward to every morning.

Mixability - In regards to mixability I didn't have any issues... No settlement or clumping. BUT...... there is a heavy use of dyes which stained my shaker cup blue.

Dosing - I don't drink coffee so I used this as a pick me up in the mornings to get me through the day. Basically I mixed one scoop with 16 oz of water and sipped it throughout the morning. This can be used anytime during the day or before training so there really isn't a protocol.

----Effectiveness----
I thought this was a great replacement in the morning for me instead of energy drinks or the occasional pre-workout. The energy was subtle and got me through work but the focus aspect was even better. This felt more of a clean energy unlike Monster Zero where I feel like 2-3 cans per scoop of G-Fuel. There were a few times where I used two scoops to get through the day but it wasn't everyday. This did exactly what I thought it would.... get me through the work day or allow me to get other work done.

----Value----
G Fuel is sold at various online retailers and the cheapest I found was on Amazon for around $27. With a tub containing 40 servings your paying around .68 cents. Considering the effectiveness as an energy supplement I think this is a pretty good deal especially if you don't like the taste of coffee. Gamma Labs sells G-Fuel on their website for $35.99 which is still less than $1 a serving.

----Conclusion----
Overall in conclusion I recommend G-Fuel for those who heavily rely on Energy Drinks to get through the day. Try one tub and see how much money you save when compared to buying cans of Monster or others. Besides for the dyes there were really no other negatives with this product. Once again I want to thank Gamma Labs for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Really Good
  • Tropical Rain: 9/10
elee229
TROOPer Level: 37
  March 2, 2017

(Thanks to Gamma Labs for sending it out!)
Huge shoutout to the reps at G Fuel. Thank you for hooking a brother up. And thank you to the SR community for being a great community.

You stim junkies out there might not like this but theres only 150 mg of caffeine in the product. I like to do no more than 200-300mg of caffeine in a day. This fit perfectly to my needs. Not only do I get antioxidants, I can get my daily vitamins. Screw the fruit and veggies, I'm only drinking this now.
One of the ingredients that caught my eye was Toothed Clubmoss Aerial Parts Extract. Another name for it is Chinese club moss. Chinese club moss contains huperzine A, which may be helpful to treat memory problems. It is mainly used as a nootropic, which boosts memory or cognitive functions.
Another was glucoronolactone. Apparently it's spelled glucuronolactone. It's a minor difference but apparently there is two u's in glucuronolactone. Maybe you want to check it out G Fuel. You may have it spelled wrong on your label. According to Examine.com, glucuronolactone is found in many energy drinks. However studies have shown that there is no significant contribution towards energy.

Taste
I did not request for a specific flavor. All I asked for was the best/most popular flavor they had. The reps at G Fuel sent me the Tropical Rain flavor. And it was damn good. Thank you to whoever decided to send that flavor to me. It did have a chemical taste at the beginning, but after continual use, it went away and I loved it. It had a nice fruity flavor. If you're not into fruity flavors, you've got 16 other flavors to choose from. I'm sure you'll find one you like.

Mixability/Dosing
Mixability was great. Had no troubles and no settlement. I stuck to one to two scoops daily. I drank this 30mins before the gym. Theres no beta alanine in the product, so I couldn't feel the tingles :( I did feel semi-focused and had clean energy. I love the scooper. Best invention hands down. The scooper allows you to scoop the product and be able to dump it straight into a water bottle. No powder spilled at all. I wish all scoopers were like this. I would never have to clean a shaker cup again. And I didn't need to worry about having a shaker cup with me. I could just carry the tub with me in the car and use it whenever.

I will be breaking down the effectiveness into different sections.

In the gym: The rep notes were that this is really not considered a preworkout since it does not have any pump ingredients. I will say that this product did not really help me on my heavy lifting days. This product shined during my deload phase when I didn't need a whole lot of stims to get me going. It gave me some focus, but just enough to push through a deload workout.

Gaming: Yes I have other hobbies besides lifting. I'm a huge console gamer. Actually found out about this product through a YouTube gamer. Y'all reps at G Fuel can thank Nadeshot for wanting me to try the product. And yes it did help me with gaming. I felt that my reaction times were faster and I was able to focus on what I was doing instead of button mashing. Now this may sound weird, but I felt that time was slower when I gamed with this product. I felt relaxed, focused, and able to game. Instead of f**king up them weights, I was f**king up them games. Definitely a good product for gaming. I can see why the pro gamers are using G(aming) Fuel.

Daily: I love me some Monster Zero. Probably drink too much of it. This was a great alternative. Sugar free, 25 calories, and contained 150 mg of caffeine. It gave a nice start to my mornings. Not going to lie, I'm not a morning person and this really helped kick start my days. It did exactly what my Monster does for me.

I found G Fuel on Amazon for $27. Comes out to be almost $0.68 per scoop. That is way cheaper than what a Monster Zero costs me ($2.11). Good alternative and at a cheaper price.
I also found it on G Fuel's website for $36 but you get a free shaker cup and free shipping with a code (may be for a limited time). I don't know about you but I'd rather buy in on G Fuel's website. One of the free shaker cups is called the Gamma Gorilla (White Out Edition). The cup looks hella clean. Almost as nice as my Umoro lol. I will definitely be picking this up soon as an alternative to my Monsters.

Side Effects
Did not experience any side effects.

Conclusion
G Fuel is the product for all your needs except the gym. The scooper makes it convenient to use and it is a great alternative to energy drinks. Thank you G Fuel for letting me try this out.

BTW G Fuel if I may make a suggestion. Add some DMHA please, please.

Peace
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Really Good
  • Great For Gaming
  • Tropical Rain: 9/10
SkoRgaSm
  February 11, 2013

Well hello ladies and gentlemen of supplement reviews. Glad to be the first to review this gamma labs product. I got this for free from a pro gamer that is sponsored by gammalabs which I grew up with. however, as of now the product goes about for around 35.00 for 40 servings which is somewhat okay depending on the person to me which i will go more further into detail why.

mixability-taste 10/10
First the scoop it comes with is very diffrent than any other scoop. Its actually a brilliant idea to me as it goes into tiny water bottles no problem. it also mixes in a few seconds with very little bubbles which also mix quick. G-fuel comes in three flavors lemon lime, fruit punch and blue ice. I got the blue ice for free but still tried the other flavors from the free packets i also received which were only a few. Anyways, no doubt does blue ice take the cake out of all of them. however the others are also delightful but blue ice was much more appealing to me. the taste is very unique and really good.

Effectiveness 7/10
Gfuel is designed to provide two things energy and focus. whether your a gamer, training, or something to give a person clean energy for the day. I thought the energy was decent in this product although the focus was really good. In my opinion this product is meant more for gamers as a energy product to play video games. To me its not really a good pre workout. Its meant to replace energy drinks such as redbull and monster drinks. When i used it for a pre work i did have decent energy and good focus but i never had a good pump with it neither did it raise my strength as other pre workouts do. I never got jitters nor crash which is a plus but also never got that perfomance that other pre workouts give me.

Price 7/10
From the price stand point on this product I would rather get a pre workout product that gives me energy, focus and strength at the same price.

Overall 7/10
For all those gamers who consume energy drinks and the morning coffee drinkers i would recommend and suggest to replace your drinks for gfuel. For those who like to explode through workouts i would suggest you spend your money on some other pre workout. and for those who like to have some energy with no jittery feeling stimmed out feeling i would also suggest to you.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Really Good