G2G Protein Bars Reviews

By: G2G Bar

ARTICLES
G2G Protein Bars is a Protein Bar manufactured by G2G Bar. It is a quick, conveinient source of protein and commonly used as a meal replacement. The additional protein can help increase muscle mass as well as promote fat loss.

June 6, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Taste And Texture
  • No Preservatives
  • Whey Isolate
  • High Sugar
  • Higher Calories
  • High Carb

Confusing? As Sarah Palin is fond of saying "You betcha". Life used to be so much more simple when all we cared about was getting as much protein as humanly possible. Now days, protein bars represent lifestyle choices - is it Paleo, is it low carb, is it gluten free, is it vegan friendly, does it contain soy? Does it have added sugars? Is it whole food? Arrrghhhhh.

So that leaves us, the consumer to sort out the difference. Is this a good choice? Is it a great choice? It has 18g of protein at 298 calories but Quest has 21g of protein at 190 calories. How about RXBar with 12g protein and 210 calories. Or Julian with 20g of protein and 180 calories? What about those custom YouBars I make with 200 calories and 20g protein? There's so many choices and so much distracting marketing out there. How does this compare? let me start off by saying that it's absolutely a top tier offering, nothing like most of the cheap drek you get in the grocery store or Walmart aisles.

calories: 298
fat: 14g
carbs: 25g (fiber: 4g, sugar: 15g)
protein: 18g

This has a long(er) ingredient list with nut butter typically being the first ingredient followed by whey isolate as the second. It's all natural - although compare to RXBar that has dates, egg whites, almonds, blueberries, cashew, natural blueberry flavor as its only ingredients. The nut butter explains the great texture plus the isolate contributes the primary protein. And kudos on the use of whey isolate instead of the more common soy protein that you find in so many cheaper retail bars.

However, i'm kinda of "meh" on this profile. It's got good ingredients, but that's some pretty high calories, fat and sugar for me. Protein is a touch low but acceptable. On the plus side, things like no preservatives and all natural are great. Frankly things like no refined sugar are a bit of window dressing for me since you've still got 15g of sugar from honey or brown rice syrup or coconut crystals. Call me picky, but I'd love to see half the amount of sugar from the same natural sources. Actually, who am I kidding, I could care less about whether the 15g of carbs comes from table sugar or organiz ethically raised bees. Keep in mind that something like a Hershey Bar has around 215 calories with 14g of fat, 20g of carbs (19 sugar) and 3g of protein. (Although you also should be aware that it's almost half the total weight, lest you think I'm recommending chocolate bars, lol). So at the end of the day, I still count this as a 21g carb, 14g fat and 18g protein product. That comes out to 41% fat, 35% carbs, and 24% protein. I don't know about you guys, but in general, my macros don't look like that.

These are damn tasty. However, much like protein powder blends, add enough fats and sugars and anything tastes like a milkshake. So it is a trade-off. Give me 300 calories and a kitchen and you'll like what I whip up. Now these aren't YouBar delicious - those fresh bars Fedex to your house stand alone (and at a price point to prove it). But these are certainly one of the better tasting retail bars and much better texture and taste than Quest. About equal with RXBars in my opinion. But again, the higher calorie bars simply taste better and it's not a mystery why.

It's food. That's it. Plain and simple the main reason you go to a bar like this is convenience. Because I can meal prep a snack that will demolish a protein bar on taste, macros and price point. But seriously, at what cost time and labor? And interestingly enough, I'm not sure I can make that claim with protein bars since I can never seem to get them nearly as good as the retail offerings. So yes, these are an effective and efficient way to get macros. How efficient? Well that depends on your goals. So if you're training diet depends on low carb/low sugar, then no, this can't compare to Julian Bakery in the least. Is your diet plant based? Then again, not your bar. But if you diet is the typical mixed macro, mixed food source diet that most of us follow then this could well be a serious choice for you. I found them tasty and filling and obviously capable of delivering energy/calories.

These run at about $19.99 for 8 bars for around $2.50 per bar. That's right in range with other normal competitors. Quest goes for $2.10, Julian for $2.50, YouBar for $3.25, RXBar for $2.15. Seriously,the minute price difference doesn't even register with me. If it fits your diet, this has value.

Be just to be clear, whatever value this brings, has to be based on convenience. In almost every case, i can replicate the macros with protein powder and oats at half the cost. So whether it's because you're out on the trail, at work, or throwing one in your book-bag, the primary value for protein bars comes in ease of use and convenience, regardless of the clever ingredient marketing that says things like "Buy Real Food", "Nutrient Rich", "Guilt Free", "Ethical Supply Chain", "Bio-Available Ingredients", etc.

Conclusion

Look, protein bars are simple for me. Taste is important; there are too many alternatives out there to settle for including something in your diet that you don't like and won't use consistently. For me, this is superior on those factors. Of course, it's got to fit within your nutritional/lifestyle guidelines. Again, for me, this is too high on total calories and fat and sugars; it actually falls more in to the more healthy choice, indulgent treat category. And finally price point. Since almost all of the likely candidates fall into a similar range, this shouldn't be a problem - if you're willing to spend $2.00 on a protein bar then frankly $2.50 shouldn't even be that much of a concern in my opinion. If it is, then you should be choosing the whey+oats solution I listed above.

I think this is fine Ford/Chevy/Dodge alternative for most of us. While not flashy, it certainly has some sexiness. But it's Detroit and not Milan, so if high end specifics are what you're looking for, then something like Julian or You Bar is probably a better bet.

April 13, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Preservatives
  • Whey Isolate
  • Gluten Free
  • Low Sodium
  • More Costly Than Others
  • High Sugar
  • High Carb
Good day brochachos!!!!! today I want to review one of the hardest types of products there is, PROTEIN BARS! I was lucky enough to receive a two boxes of G2G bars to review. I love the concept and idea of on the go protein supplements where whole food can't be had, but how hard are they to review, the answer is very but here we go as I try.

Taste 8.5/10 for peanut butter chocolate

Taste 8.0/10 for almond chocolate chip

With most supplements this category does not matter but for protein bars and shakes it does. These bars are very tasty and I enjoyed them each time. There was very good hints of the natural PB and honey in the chocolate PB and the almond chip was very impressive since I normally can't do overly sweetened almond products. These bars are a perfect blend of sweet and bitter. The texture of these bars on the other hand could be tough to swallow, literally they are so very dry.

G2G is also a gluten free bar but you can't tell the difference. Like some gluten free products there was not an over abundance of coconut starch or brown rice flour which both can be over done. The product also contained a lot of sugar at 18g which to me is a bit much for a healthy selection. Not a good look but understandable for flavor purposes.

---Effectiveness 7.5/10-----

How can you judge this category accurately? Well for me it was how long do they hold me over till I can get whole foods. The answer is 2-3hours. These bars like most are not full meal replacements but meal supplements. Are they a good source of fiber and protein? Well they claim that they have 4g fiber and 18g of protein isolate. Again I am going to mention 18g of sugar, even knowing it claims all natural Cain juices and natural coconut crystal sugar it is still too much when they could of shaved some carbs and calories by using an other option. Either way the product did bridge a gap as a healthy alternative to whole food.

--- Content 7/10----

So the good:18g of whey protein isolate,gluten free,omega 3's and no preservatives.
The bad:high sugar content,high carbs low fiber.

I tend to like most of my carbs to come from fibers not sugar and with 25g carbs and 15g sugar that is undesirable to me. As a whole this bar uses quality ingredients and seems to be legit so you don't have to worry about honesty of the product like you might have to from a gas station protein bar.

----Value 5/10---

good quality can be tough to find in protein products so price can soar pretty high. These bars are in higher end at 19.99 per a box of 8. When quest bars come in a box of 12 and are 21.99 it makes it a tough choice to choose these. I don't want to tear into this too much since the bar tasted amazing and it did do what it is intended to.

Overall this is a great tasting product that served its duty nicely. It did have a bit of sugar and to me was a little lower in the fiber content to have a 25g carb ratio. Price is high for only 8 bars but either way they taste good and do their job. I will give this a half hulk seal.

-k-
  • PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP: 8/10
  • ALMOND BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP: 8/10

March 25, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Completely Natural
  • Versatile
  • Great Value
  • Gluten Free
  • Whey Isolate
  • No Preservatives
  • Convenient

As far as protein bars go, I've tried many over the years. I don't rely on them as much as natural, whole food sources for nutrition. I'm very glad that Good2Go gave me the opportunity to try this in exchange for a review!

The ingredients of these bars are all organic and the source of protein is a combination of whey isolate and the nuts (almond or peanut) for that flavor. I'll try to get the ingredients up on here in the near future but until then this website (https://good2gobar.com/) is great to reference as it has every ingredient list for their bars. What is completely absent are preservatives and that is another perk to me. I don't need to be eating preservatives and these bars are good in the fridge until you want to eat. Also, being a protein bar, you do have a longer list of ingredients (meaning their purpose is usually a more complete snack or in some cases a meal replacement. But like any other food label there is an actual nutrition facts label and I liked that. I loved that everything is listed that I am eating.

At a quick glance, the flavors I had were 298 calories for either, with 18g protein, 14g fats and 25g carbs. Something I'd want the user to take note of is that although there are carbs, none are refined table sugar, and this bar becomes very versatile for that. The bars are also lactose free, which is not an uncommon concern so this profile all around is full of great things!

For the taste, I had the almond butter chocolate chip and peanut butter chocolate chip. I thought that the almond was actually a bit too bland. I was hoping for more savory or nutty flavor. It wasn't bad, but could have been more desirable after I took that first bite. The peanut butter bar however, was purely amazing! It was peanut buttery and by far the best peanut butter protein bar I've ever had. Both bars had a bit of salty taste and I tended to feel the need to drink water or something with them.
    Mixability - none other than the liquid in the mouth. I also noticed that because these say to keep refrigerated, that they will be somewhat harder to chew if you take them straight from the fridge and eat them. It worked best for me to consume at room temperature after I let the bar warm up. Other than that the consistency was really great and not tarry like some bars I've had.
    Dosing is another great aspect of this bar. Really you couldn't go wrong most times of the day consuming this. With it having whey isolate, I felt that it did best either as a quick breakfast on the go, as a pre or post workout snack, or whenever I needed a snack during a busy day on the go. I found that if I had this bar I could essentially replace a shake or snack with it and that made my meal prep bum hole easier too.

I find this bar to be very effective to fill all of my desires for protein bars: it is high protein, tastes good, versatile, filled me up. I found this bar to fulfill what I expected it to do. I really cannot say that this greatly enhanced anything above other nutritional sources as far as recovery goes (i.e. It didn't decrees DOMS).
    As for fullness, most of my snacks are around a few hundred calories, so this definitely filled me up for a few hours until my next feeding. I don't expect protein bars to really replace nutrition, but rather fill in the blanks when regular food is not convenient nor an option, and this did just that!

One 8 bar box right now is $19-$22 from the company. That runs you about $2.37-$2.87. The way I look at it that's right in the range of or slightly above what your average run-of-the-mill protein bar is at a gas station or a grocery store. In regards to the type of bar this is, I consider it to be a little more of a specialty protein bar being all organic and all of the rich ingredients that are in it.
    When you look at some other organic or diet-specific bars you'll find that many are over $3. With that being said, I think that this price is very fair fit not only the solid product you are receiving but also for the convenience of the bar. I am sure that price varies from place to place but I found consistency in this in store(for other bars) and online.

Side Effects

There really weren't any negative side affects other than the fact that I felt like the bars were a bit salty. I wanted to drink more water when eating them to help with swallowing and quench the thirst. There weren't any digestive issues or funky taste left in the mouth after eating them. I have had a hard time with other protein bars with just chewing them and then also GI upset. Another great aspect of these bars.

Conclusion

Overall, I'd say that I am definitely a huge fan of these protein bars. Really, the almond was a little lackluster but the peanut butter was dreamy! I liked that I could have this first thing in the AM and throughout the day whenever I pleased. The company provides this organic list, preservative and lactose free, and digestible product. The price point in my opinion is also in line for bars of this standard. They did a good thing here!
    • ALMOND BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP: 6/10

March 24, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Completely Natural
    • Great Taste And Texture
    • High Quality
    • Nutrition Profile
    • Naturally Flavored
    • No Preservatives
    • Refrigeration Required To Maintain Freshness

I have not really ever used protein bars in the past because the majority of them use such low quality ingredients, I would rather spend my money on other sources of food. When these first came up on the TROOP dashboard a few months back, I really wanted to give them a try, but they were claimed quickly. I saved these bars as a "wanted to try" item and was able to claim it this time around.

I like how Kalans originally described these as a macronutrient bar rather than a protein bar. Yes it does contain a nice amount of protein coming from whey protein isolate, peanut/almond butter, and oats at 18 g a bar, but it also contains healthy fats and both simple and complex carbohydrate sources. They are sweetened with natural sources of sugar and do not contain any type of artificial sugars which is so hard to find in the supplement industry. No preservatives are a huge plus. Because these are more well-rounded macro wise, they are a bit heavy on the calories at about 300 per bar. I was bulking during the course of eating these, so I was able to fit them in fine. If you are cutting, they may be a bit harder to fit into your macros, but these could serve as a small meal replacement.

Taste/Dosing

Taste: The few times I have had protein bars in the past, I thought they all tasted super artificial. G2G's bars tasted great and the peanut butter and almond butter were the flavors I tasted the most, which I did not mind. Normally I do not really find almond butter that tasty, but I actually think I liked the almond butter bars slightly more than the peanut butter ones. I also tasted the oats and the peanuts/almond pieces they incorporated into the bars, which is where most of the texture came from. I did not find these to be on the sweet side even though they used 15 g of sugar from coconut sugar, honey, and brown rice syrup.

Dosing: I chose to have these on days I trained. I would have these with my lunch, about two hours prior to hitting the gym. Since they were higher in fat, I wanted to give myself enough time to digest them before training. I was sent two boxes of eight bars, so at four gym sessions a week, I was able to get a full four weeks out of these. You could take these as you please, though.

These definitely met my high expectations I had for these after reading the previous expert reviewers' reviews. This really should not be considered a supplement and more of a healthy snack because that is exactly what I felt it was. It was able to provide me with some good energy with its high quality ingredients and killed any hunger I had at lunch time. i always look forward to lunchtime at work, but while having these packed in my lunch bag, I really could not wait to get to them. I would make sure I kept them in the break room and not on me personally so I would not eat them prior to lunch. That probably makes me sound super fat, but it was more so that the bars were really enjoyable.

At the time of writing this, G2G currently has three prices that you could choose from--depending on the bar. The two PB flavors are sold at about $20 per eight bars, which comes out to $2.50 a bar. The two almond flavors are sold at about $23 per eight bars, which equals about $2.88 per bar. Almond butter is normally always more expensive than PB, so this is understandable. The sample pack that contains all four flavors is $7.50 per four bars, which comes out to be $1.88 per bar. Under $2.00 per bar is awesome value for the quality of this bar in my opinion. Even at $2.50 the value is not too bad. Many other bars are priced right around this range and contain way worse ingredients. It appears like you could only order one sample box at a time, but it is a good idea so that the buyer is able to try all four flavors. It seems like such an easy concept, but not a lot of companies do it. These prices do not reflect shipping costs.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

I truly have nothing bad to say about these bars. I have refrigeration is needed to maintain freshness, but I do not even see that as being a big deal. I really hope these become more available in the future because I would for sure buy these whenever I saw them at the stores. This is why the TROOP is so cool because I most likely would have never heard of this company and now I do not think I would be able to find a better protein bar for the price. Thank you for the chance to try these G2G, they were great.
    • ALMOND BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP: 10/10

Overall
    Overall
    9.5
      March 12, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Completely Natural
    • Great Taste And Texture
    • High Quality
    • Nutrition Profile
    • Naturally Flavored
    • No Preservatives
    • Refrigeration Required To Maintain Freshness

Good2Go bars have received high marks from other reviewers here at SR in the recent past and it's not without merit. These bars are Good and they're definitely the real deal. I found there to be a level of quality with these that I have yet to find with any other bar. Read on for details, but I'd encourage anyone to give these a shot.

I eat a lot of bars and do consider taste as an important component. You'll notice in many of my other reviews, specifically with powdered products, taste isn't a huge concern for me. Bars however, are a different story. I like to enjoy what I'm eating!
    These certainly don't disappoint. I was fortunate to try the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Almond Chocolate Chip. Both tasted great and really had a "fresh" or "clean" taste to them. By that, I mean you could clearly tell these were made from all natural ingredients and you could taste all the nuances of each ingredient. Something that can't be accomplished with a mass produced, not 100% natural product. I would liken this aspect to eating a salad on its own without any dressing, etc. Once you start doing that you can really taste and appreciate all the ingredients in their natural state. These bars are absolutely a joy to eat.

Effectiveness for a bar (for me) comes down to: Does it satisfy my hunger? Does it taste decent? Does it provide me with quality nutrition? Good2Go bars do all these for me and realistically, more so than essentially any other bar I've had. The primary thing that puts these bars at the top of the list for me is the quality - the ability to literally taste the natural ingredients within each bar. I'm sure most of us can agree that Quest bars have been a favorite in the past due to their awesome flavoring. I still enjoy and purchase Quest bars however, they have that "mass produced" feel to them like my other go-to bars from over the years: Met-Rx,Clif Builders bars and the other $2-ish bars you can find at Walmart and supermarkets.

You can find Good2Go bars for sale on their website for $19.99 for a box of 8. They have free shipping on orders over $100. Assuming you make a purchase that qualifies for free shipping, your per bar cost is $2.49. From my perspective, this is $0.53 more than a MetRx bar at Walmart and absolutely worth the extra pennies. There's just no comparison.
    It currently appears that the only area to purchase Good2Go bars off the shelf is in Utah. I would suspect however, that it won't be too long before Good2Go finds much wider distribution available to them based on the taste, quality and rave reviews these products are getting. I look forward to the day when I can find them in a market near me.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects from eating these bars. There are however, some crunchy nut bits in these and if you have sensitive teeth, you may feel it. This was not an issue for me and I just saw it as another component of being all natural.

----Conclusion---
    Good2Go bars are excellent. One of my favorites for sure and at a level of quality that I have yet to see in a comparable product. If you enjoy natural, good tasting foods and would like to try a delicious bar, you need to give these a shot. You will not be disappointed!

December 1, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Taste And Texture
    • Naturally Flavored
    • No Preservatives
    • Low Sodium
    • Gluten Free
    • Great Value
    • Refrigeration Required To Maintain Freshness
    Alright, long overdue review here, but huge thank you to the people at Good2go!. These things rock. These are not your typical Protein/energy bars that have been on the shelves for years. You know the ones that was so over flavored with chocolate to try and hide the overpowering strange taste that seemed to lurk in the bars.

Profile.
    Well health nuts this is what you are looking for. The other expert reviewers broke this down really well so check them out for more and most likely better info than I can give. But I will say these are made right!. No refined sugar, No preservatives, and only made better with a touch of honey, brown rice syrup and coconut crystals. Using whey isolate, peanut and almond butter, Flaxseed, coconut oils and even whole oats they really made a great bar with some great ingredients.

Effectiveness.
    Now I did not break any PR's while on this, but I did kill my hunger while on the move at work. These really came in handy. I bragged to everyone how good they was... did I share? lol.. No way! I burn a lot of calories off at work so having this supply me with some protein and quality ingredients that provide solid energy to help me keep moving on was great. I had zero stomach issues with these, other than wanting to eat two at a time. Not much can be said on how they worked other than no side effects . I would love to have some of these on our hikes me and my wife like to take during the summer months.

Taste
    Well this is why I did not share them. Too good. Every single one I tried was great. Pick a favorite? I do not know. The almond butter fruit nut was really good. I did not think I would like that one, but I feel that may have my favorite. Of course anything with chocolate chip is going to be good so no worries there. I did let my wife try one and she liked it too. So let me just say that is huge! She hates almost anything like this. I was impressed!

As Ron mentioned , the taste and profile alone , pretty much justifies paying for these. I suggest getting a sample pack for around 8 bucks and try them yourself. If I see these on a shelf for around 2 bucks I will certainly grab one.... or three.

Overall
    These are great. Also I will mention also that these wrappers are basically bullet proof.,, seriously. I think this is to keep the factory workers from unwrapping one quickly. lol. No side effects and taking other protein bars to school. Great job Good2Go.!
    • ALMOND BUTTER FRUIT NUT: 10/10

November 19, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Taste And Texture
    • Naturally Flavored
    • No Preservatives
    • No Trans Fats
    • Low Sodium
    • Gluten Free

Ingredients

-------------
    The largest compilation of organic components I've seen in one individual edible product. If the ingredient is not the included Peanut Butter, Whey Protein Isolate or Honey, then it's got an "organic" moniker. Everything about these protein bars screams HEALTHY from the generic and somehow environmentally responsible appearance of the box to the refrigeration requirements necessary for product freshness to the claims of a gluten free manufacturing facility.

Oh but this deliciousness comes with a price.
    As much thought as G2G put into making these bars so healthy and nutritious, for those that are counting every macro, these bars might not fit so conveniently into your diet as a simple protein snack. Personal macro requirements aside, these bars are a well-balanced concoction of meal replacement scrumptiousness that not only include 18g protein, but also 14g fat and 25g carbs with 15g of that being organic sugars of one sort or another.

What you will not find here is gluten, trans fats, lactose, preservatives or high salt content.

Taste / Texture

--------
    These protein bars come in 4 delicious flavors:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip,
    Peanut Butter Fruit Nut
    Almond Butter Chocolate Chip
    Almond Fruit Nut

And I count myself fortunate for having had the privilege to sample them all.
    To be completely honest, I was a little apprehensive about the fruit versions, but was pleasantly surprised how enjoyable they really were. They were quite heavy on the natural peanut butter and almond flavor, but the fruit was a nice subtle kicker to the overall experience. So much so, that I place them all at equal value on the taste bud scale.

Texture-wise these are a far cry from the shiny plastic looking pressed bars that resemble a stick of taffy more than real food. (Sorry Quest, your protein bars taste amazing, though your visual appeal leaves something to be desired.) The way these G2G bars chew up and dissolve in your mouth reminds me more of a moist cookie than anything. Absolutely no complaints here!

--------------------
    Hovering around $2 each, you won't find a more delicious wholesome protein bar on the market for that price. And for those of you wanting to try all 4 flavors, G2G even has a 4 bar sample pack for $7.50. Fantastic idea!! Are you listening MyProtein.com?

G2G also has free shipping if you spend over $100. While I agree that is quite a commitment to make when the only product sold on the G2G website is protein bars, they can also be found at many local grocery stores like Whole Foods.

------------
    I prefer to use protein bars as a quick and convenient snack or for total meal replacement. This was how I used the 11 bars I received and I was always satisfied afterwards. All hunger pangs satisfied for the night, or until the next major meal of the day.

Not a lot else to say here as the only claim made by G2G for their protein bars is "fantastic taste" and if I haven't used enough different synonyms to convey that here, I haven't done this product the justice it deserves.

I guess the important things are that:
    I truly enjoyed them.
    I miss them.
    I want more of them.
    I am willing to pay the asking price to get more.

-----------

Side Effects

-------------
    Besides some slowly dissolving deliciousness left in your teeth afterwards, there is an additional and almost uncontrollable desire to eat a second bar!!!

A minor negative:
    These have to be the hardest durn wrapper to open ever! I'm pretty sure this is done to help maintain product freshness, but it is downright humbling as a weight lifter to struggle with a wrapper.

Final Words

-------------
    A truly nutritious snack made of top notch ingredients. So stand tall and proud when publicly eating this protein bar. Tell your friends how much better it is than the average protein infused candy bars they are eating. Just make sure you don't embarrass yourself attempting to open it in front of those you intend to impress. ; )
    • ALMOND BUTTER FRUIT NUT: 9/10

November 12, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Taste And Texture
    • Nutrition Profile
    • Completely Natural
    • High Quality
    • Whey Isolate
    • More Costly Than Others
    Protein Bars have been around for a long time, and for good reason as they are a convenient and tasty way to hit those macronutrient needs while contributing to the protein intake for recovery, growth of muscle. Being someone that has to be on their feet for the larger portion of 12 hours, I am not always able to fit a meal into my schedule which is pretty difficult to skip at times. We aren't able to carry a meal with us typically, but I am able to conveniently have a Bar or two on me. While it isn't really a meal replacement for me, it is a tie over until I will be able to eat 1.5-2 hours later. G2G Protein Bars are new to me, but seemed like an excellent option to try.

Ingredient Panel
    Say it with me "All Natural", this term is loosely thrown around nowadays and it pretty much untrusted.. But with G2G Bars really take it up a notch with their claims of "Completely Natural", as they are: contains no preservatives, no refined sugars but sweetened with honey, brown rice syrup, and coconut crystals, 99% lactose free, made with organic ingredients, contain flaxseed with coconut oil, whey isolate, peanut & almond butters, oats, with added cinnamon and vanilla. Take a look at your protein bar and tell me they contain a healthy panel like this! Seriously these are just as you would and could make at home, and speaking from experience they are.

Of course each of these ingredients are beneficial, but G2G goes and describes them: "Whey Protein: rapid-digesting protein that feeds muscle tissue and helps in muscle recovery Whole Oats: lowers cholesterol, reduces risk of heart disease, stabilizes blood sugar Flaxseed: promotes bone health, protects against heart disease, cancer and diabetes Coconut Oil: supports tissue healing, protects against osteoporosis, reduces inflammation Honey: anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal Cinnamon: anti-microbial, helps control blood sugar, improves colon health"

Several flavors are currently offered, and yet they all seem to possess the same nutritional profile in a 70g bar: 298 Calories, 14g Fat (4g Saturated), 25g Carbs (15g sugar), 18g Protein, and 85mg Sodium. Take into consideration that the fats contained are healthy fats from the oils and peanut butter, along with the sugars being unrefined which are more easily burned and digested. Really these bars do look very good, with ingredients even I can pronounce. Really I feel this profile was well suited, it helped me meet my Macros in a far amount for 14g Fat 25g Carbs 18g Protein! The first ingredient is Freshly Ground Peanut Butter or Almond Butter depending on the flavor you have, which is the main thing you are tasting.

Taste/Dosing
    The taste for these bars are simply DELICIOUS! I would say the Almond Butter or Peanut Butter over powers each flavor, but it isn't a bad thing as it was a welcomed taste each time. Refer to the flavor ratings below, but really these things are amazing tasting if you like the aforementioned butters! Dosing wise I just tried to fit these Bars into my Macronutrient needs, and that did vary and sometimes was 1-2 bars on that day.

Effectiveness (9/10)
    How effective were these ingredients? Lets see, well they all are digestible and thus provided energy for my body.. They did help me with my macronutrient intake, which overall contributed to my diet. Really these bars are just as any other protein supplement, they are meant to be a supplement to your intake but they do provide a temporary help in decreasing your hunger. I have eaten protein bars for countless years, including some that weren't so healthy or contained cheap soy protein... These bars were far more digestible than the others, not giving me any digestion issues or cramping of any type. There was no bloating at all, nor any noxious gas coming from me.. at the time of eating these that is. I will rate these bars higher than other types of bars that I have had, but as far as effectiveness goes they are effective and do not cause any issues.

Value (8.4/10)
    This is always going to be the downfall of any Protein bar, because they don't come cheap! And these are no exception, but rather another price increase from the expected cost.. Do these bars differ enough to make me want to pay this price? Yes, and I am not one that normally shops at a whole foods type of store! Simply put you can find these bars in a box of 8 for $20, giving you a cost of $2.50 a bar.. Well that wasn't so bad! They are a bit higher than the comparable Quest Bars, but then again the ingredients for this bar are much better in my opinion.

Conclusion (8.7/10)
    There you have it folks, these are high quality and great tasting Protein Bars or rather "Macronutrient Bars" as I see it. They have a great profile, and include Omega 3's with healthy "essential fats" with a great deal of benefits. Even if you are not wanting a nutrient supplement, you should give these a try in regards to a healthy snack that is not like "cheating". Just be careful, because once people see these aren't tasteless protein bars they will want some too!

Since these bars contain no preservatives they require refrigeration which will keep them for 8/9 months, but only 1 month outside the fridge... Don't worry, because you won't make it that long without eating all of them ;)
    • ALMOND BUTTER FRUIT NUT: 9/10