6.3

(Better than 0% in Other Energy Supplements)

FREEZINda is an Energy Supplement manufactured by FREEZiNda. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.

4.5
  May 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Unique Idea
  • Easy To Make
  • Icey Texture

Cool concept and nice to have the ability to make your own flavored protein ice cream. The texture comes out like shaved ice and is lacking that creamy part. The muffin looks odd, is a little dry, but tastes pretty good in my opinion. The price point versus the competition is a bit high for a product you have to make yourself. Overall, great concept but in order to stay competitive freezinda needs to get the texture figured out.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I have seen Freezinda reviewed here multiple times, and it got me interested to trying it out while I was recovering. I am always trying to find different protein sources for a snack, so I figured may as well try out a homemade ice cream kit. The ability to make a protein muffin or ice cream from the protein powder you already own was also another factor in me trying this. I would like to thank SR and Freezinda for this opportunity to try out this product, we really do appreciate your participation on the site.

Each packet makes 3 servings, with a serving size being 18g. Each serving nets your 50 calories, 45mg Sodium, and 18g Carbs. Of course you have to factor in the protein powder that you use, so that will vary based off what you use, this ingredient profile is just more to add to the protein itself. As other reviews have mentioned this does contain sugar alcohols, so if you do not like that then stay away from this. Overall, this is not too bad especially if you are using an isolate or clean protein.

Taste: This of course all depends on the flavor of Protein powder you use. The ice cream itself tastes like shaved ice, it gets very frozen, and did not have much of an ice cream texture in my opinion. Reminded me a lot of Halo top, which I am not a big fan of. The muffin did taste like a muffin, but was a little dry. I liked the dry muffin better than the ice cream.

Mixability: I only tried this with Whey protein, and you had to put some effort into mixing this up, but it mixed in over time. I did not have any issues with clumping as other users have reported. Its like anything else you bake or freeze, you have to mix it up for around 30 seconds or so, it is not as simple as throwing it into a blender bottle, having a couple shakes and calling it a day.

Dosing: You dose this as needed to fill in your daily macros.

When I followed the directions on the packet, the ice cream tasted like shaved ice to me. The good thing is though the protein flavor itself was retained and it tasted pretty good, but the texture for me I did not care for. It did remind me of Halo Top a little bit, which I was not really into. The selling point here is obviously you can make your own flavor and not have to be stuck with only whats available. I tried to vary the water level each time I made this, but it still seemed very "frozen" texture wise to me, and there never was that creamy ice cream texture. If somehow this came out to have a creamy ice cream texture, this would be great, because as I said the taste of the protein was there.

I did try the muffin once (see picture below) and though it may look weird I liked it better than the ice cream. Yes it was a bit dry, but not too bad in my opinion as long as you had a drink nearby. A muffin with a glass of milk was a nice treat for me. The texture may freak some people out since it looks odd, but it was fine for me. This was effortless to do versus making your own homemade muffin with protein powder.

Overall, this run was not horrible, but it did not get me excited. I have tried Halo Top and ISO Cream, and both Halo Top and this just kind of left me wanting. Since trying ISO Cream I now know its possible to have an ice cream texture with a clean ingredient profile, so it changed my opinion of this a lot. The healthy ice cream options are starting to really flood the market, which puts this product in some stuff competition. I do like that you can make your own flavor of ice cream here, but the texture and taste were not enough to make me pick this over other options out there.

You can get a 10 pack of this for $29.90 which comes out to $2.99 each. If you ate this according to serving size each packet would cost you about a dollar. Now you have to factor in protein, which can range from 75 cents to over a dollar per serving. So on average you are paying about 2 dollars or a little less per serving. Compared to ISO Cream and Halo Top, you get more serving size in the competition for about the same price. Freezinda comes out to be a bit more expensive than the other brands as a serving of ISO Cream is 85g for about $3.33 and halo top is 64g for around $2. The freezinda kit itself is 16g, add in some protein your getting maybe half the serving size of its competition. So doing the math this comes out to be more expensive than the competition and you have to do all the work yourself to make this. So I cannot find a good value in this.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

I think this concept is really cool, but with the healthy ice cream market really heating up, I cannot recommend Freezinda over its competition. If the texture was a bit more creamy and ice cream tasting, then I do think the ability to make your own flavored ice cream would prevail over the competition but as of right now with the texture, its just not there. There is some potential here, but some work needs to be done.

Overall
Overall
5.1
5.8
  April 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Unique Idea
  • Icey Texture

Greetings SR! Back with a pretty unusual product compared to most of the other supps that we review, FREEZiNda. First and foremost, a shout-out and thanks to FREEZiNDA for their participation in the TROOPs program that brings you this review today. I've got a heck of a sweet tooth and this product works to convert normal protein powder into a frozen dessert. Does it work...stay tuned!

No Rating

Sugar
Baking Powder
Guar Gum
Xanthan Gum

So different profile to evaluate as this isn't meant to help you workout better or recover, its supposed to make protein...well...into dessert. With that in mind, the ingredients are mostly sugar alcohol and stuff to make it pretty creamy. To do that, the ingredients create 3/4 of a pint of dessert when you combine about 3/4 of a cup of protein with a dry and wet bag of ingredients and 1 cup of water. The result is whatever of cup of your favorite protein is in nutritional information with about 150 calories, almost all from the sugar alcohol.

5.5

So I made this two ways, both with Optimum Nutrition's products. The first one I tried was the Gold Standard in my favorite flavor from them, coffee. After seeing other's reviews, I skipped even trying to use a spoon and went straight to the blender bottle and mixed the protein in the water first and then added the two bags from FREEZiNda. The result was pretty uniform, although there were a few small chunks of powder (probably due to there only being less than 4 oz of water per normal sized scoop of protein). Regardless, it wasn't bad at all. This created a product that had about 410 calories and 55g of protein (just over 2 scoops of protein).

The second type of powder I used was their casein and gotta say, that didn't mix up almost at all. After adding all the ingredients, the shaker ball was almost immobile as the resulting mixture was so thick. I had to add about an extra 2 oz of water to get it to mix up at all. This product was about 390 calories.

5.5

So what was the results of all this chemical whatsitall? Well, the whey protein was a fairly decent desert. Was it ice cream? No, not even really a little bit. If you've ever had shaved ice, it was much more that consistency where you can see the ice crystals formed as you pull out scoops with a spoon. I didn't notice any real different to the flavor, it still tasted like coffee protein powder to me.

For the casein, that went poorly. You can see in my uploaded pic but the stiffness of the mixture didn't get any better after being in the freezer overnight, it was extremely hard and was essentially just frozen protein powder. There wasn't any creaminess to it and it was rather difficult to eat.

Amazon was out of this at the time of writing the review so FREEZiNda's own website was the only option and they only had 10 packs for $30. At $3 a pack I'm having a hard time with this product. For 3 bucks, your finished product is about 3/4 of a pint, so it's almost exactly the same per oz as Halo. Except...you still need to buy your protein! Unless you are using lower quality protein, you can expect to spend at least $4 for 3/4 of a pint of desert. While its a neat idea, that's pretty darn expensive, especially if you need to commit to multiple packs at once (its advertised as a 5 pk so I assume you can find it somewhere).

Side Effects

None noticed, sugar alcohols aren't the easiest for some people to digest but I haven't seen any issues them.

Conclusion

5.1

The idea of this product is great, but the execution just didn't work for me. I enjoyed the dessert for what it was, a high protein coffee icy, but it definitely wasn't ice cream, it wasn't low in calories, and it wouldn't be a good value at the price. Honestly, I would rather either just pick up Halo at the lower protein amount or just chug a normal shake right before i had some real ice cream, calories be damned! There is some novelty for this product, so it gets a meh from me overall, but I can't find the value in it past that.

February 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Make
  • Unique Idea
  • Tasty!

You have probably seen this product advertised all over your social media pages showing great photos of "ice cream" made simply with protein powder and this product. While the concept is nice, does the product actually deliver in real life?

The ingredients are mostly made up of vegetable glycerin, sugar alcohols and some dry ingredients (mainly as thickeners I believe). Only one gram of added sugar, which is nice and surprising. Each serving of the mix is 18g and there is a total of 18g of carbs in that serving, 16 of which are listed as sugar alcohols.

The taste will all depend on the flavor of protein powder that you use. I did not notice any change in flavor after mixing the ingredients from this product in. I personally used a chocolate protein each time I made this and each batch came out the same in terms of flavor.

Mixability leaves a lot to be desired with this product. The package states that everything can be mixed together with a spoon in a freezer safe container. The one time I attempted to just use a spoon did not go well. The protein powder clumped along with the dry ingredients from the kit. I would definitely recommend using a shaker bottle with a blender ball when mixing up this product with your protein powder. When I did that, the results were always smooth and consistent.

For dosing, this company does do a trick with the nutrition facts that I find questionable (borderline scammy). Each package of this product contains three servings instead of one like some people may think. The front of the package likes to advertise only 50 calories added with the fine print in parenthesis stating "per serving kit". If you happen to eat the entire batch at once, you have to figure in 150 calories, 54 grams of carbs (48 of which are sugar alcohol) plus the calories and macros of your protein powder. What some people think is this snack may be less than 100 calories could easily become a 300-400+ calorie meal.

The effectiveness I think is left up to each individual and how they are using the product. If someone is looking to this to replace regular ice cream from the store, then even the entire container would be an effective option at reducing sugar and fat while adding more protein. If a person is thinking this will be effective at producing the same ice cream texture and flavor that you buy from a store, then the effectiveness is questionable. I enjoyed it as something new to try and it added some extra protein into my diet when needed while being cold on hot days.

Honestly, the value is going to depend on how much you like the thought of eating "ice cream" that is "healthy" and what you are willing to pay that experience. Yes, this is a cheaper option to purchasing Halo Top but is not quite the same at the same time. When determining cost/value, you also need to keep in mind that your own protein powder needs to be added in. If you use an expensive powder, the value will be decreased compared to store bought options.

Side Effects

If you are sensitive to sugar alcohols, I would recommend staying far far away from this product or only eating a very small amount of it at any one time. Personally, sugar alcohols have no effect on me so I was able to eat the entire container in one sitting.

Conclusion

In conclusion, the overall opinion on this product will vary depending on how each person will use it and their desired outcome. If you are someone who is dieting really hard and can't afford the sugar and fat of regular ice cream, this would work great for you. If you are someone who likes to treat themselves to ice cream every once and a while and don't go overboard, this may not fit your need. For me, it was nice to try but not really something I could see myself using long term. I also tend not to support companies who play tricks with the nutrition facts as this company did.

January 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Make
  • Unique Idea
  • Bad Texture
---Introduction----

All us meathead's like to get our protein almost anyway we can. Who the heck would not like to have a late night icecream snack with your very own favorite Protein powder. I know I would. Well now you can.

The profile has been explained by smarter people here than me. So be sure and scroll down and check those out. But I will say this does add some extra calories to your Protein when using that so be sure to know that.

I kept it simple and just used the entire pack on some proteins. I tried Casein, Isolate and whey blend. They all seemed to come up a bit different but for the most part. The isolate seemed to stay the same taste the best, but after it warm's up some it start's to get kinda funky . Not the taste, just kinda chewy almost. But if you get your container right out of the freezer, and get a few scoop's it is pretty much perfect.

The casein seemed change a bit different in every way . It was more thick and the taste was ... just off. Not bad but it did change it some. I think it was the after taste that I noticed more. This was my least favorite .

Next was the Blend. Just some cheap muscle milk I had. And it was not bad. Taste was close to the same but the ice cream seemed to be more like ice cream. It was fluffy and seemed to " scoop " better. I had this with ice cream cones and it was really nice.
I will say it was really cool mixing this up and trying something really different. I would like to see if a person could somehow figure out how to make this is a more yogurt style blend. That would be awesome for a smoothie base.

Not going to get ripped or jacked by eating icecream . But it did fill a sweet tooth gap from time to time.

15 bucks for 5 packs on amazon is not a bad deal. It is not like you are going to use them all in a week . This is just something to change it up from time to time. But you also need to know this does add extra calories that can be avoided and it does change the taste some too. Also with certain ones it does not turn out to be like ice cream. I would buy this if I found a good deal on this. But for now I will stick with my Edy's slow churn.

Side Effects

Can be disappointing , if you don't like the flavor change.

Conclusion

An awesome concept, its is really neat to make your own ice cream. But I still think it is easier to go to the store and get what ice cream I really like. Like I said earlier I think this would be great to figure out how to get this mixed up as a yogurt style mix and add to a smoothie.

January 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Make
  • Tasty!
  • Unique Idea
  • Slight Bitter Aftertaste

I'm a big fan of variety in my protein powders. I typically have several on hand, as I like to switch it up just about every day with what protein powders I use. When I saw there was a way to make homemade ice cream out of my protein powders, I jumped on the opportunity to try this.

First this I have to mention is that this is loaded with sugar alcohol, depending on who you are, you may not digest this very well. I personally never had an issue, but I've heard horror stories from people who had protein bars with too much sugar alcohol.

Vegetable glycerin, erythritol, sugar, baking powder, guar gum, and xanthan gum. Nothing too crazy in here, pretty standard for many products on the market actually, like protein bars for instance. The ingredients have been mentioned quite extensively in other reviews, so make sure to check those out. I'd just like to mention that erythritol has been advertised as something that does not effect blood sugar. I myself am skeptical of this, but I am not against the use of it.

One packet will give you an extra 150 calories. Not a small amount, but nothing you shouldn't be able to fit in you daily macros unless you are in a ketogenic diet.

The taste is really dependent on what you decide to mix with it. Obviously, I decided to go with protein powders I enjoyed. The first batch I used was Ghost Cereal Milk. This protein powder worked great. Ever have Captain Crunch flavored ice cream? Quite enjoyable, and I would say the consistency was kind of like a fudge pop. I love fudge pops...

With MAN Sports Iso-Protein, the Sprinkled Donut flavor was like eating maple glazed donut flavored ice cream. Iso-Protein Loopy Fruit was like eating Trix flavored ice cream.

Since I can't simply list out all of the proteins I used and tell you how they tasted, I have to mention that there seemed to be a sort of bitter taste to it sometimes. Nothing awful at all, but some might be more sensitive to that than me.

I actually enjoyed this over halo top sometimes, as I have a few more choices with this as far as flavor goes... and I have yet to see a Trix flavored Halo Top.

It's hard to judge the "effectiveness" of this product. It pretty much just makes your protein powder fun once in a while. This was nice to use over Halo Top ice cream, which I enjoy. I typically have a protein shake right before bed to fill out macros. This gave me something to actually eat and enjoy while working on SR or watching TV before bed instead of simply downing a shake in 5 seconds.

You can get a 5 pack of these for $15. So $3 per batch. This is not awful, as you can actually split one batch in half and still have a full serving of protein(roughly 25 grams of protein depending on what you use). While halo top is cheaper, you are getting the option of multiple flavors of protein that you have at home instead of whatever halo top has to offer.

What came to mind, since I got these during the holiday season, was that these are by far the best stocking-stuffers for a friend or family member you know is into lifting. It's priced at a point where I can afford it, but the need isn't there so I can easily put it off and say "I'll get it some day". If someone were to give it to me for X-Mas, and I had never tried it, I would say "whoa I've always wanted to try this".

Side Effects

Conclusion

I enjoyed having Freezinda in my pantry. If I wanted to spice up my protein during the day, this was another choice instead of the usual "protein powder, eggs, greek yogurt, beef jerky". It didn't really make my protein powder "better", but it turned it into a "fun" snack at night.

My green thumb pretty much means go out and try this. No guarantee you'll like it, but $15 isn't the end of the world for many people. Just make sure you like the protein powder you currently have first of course.

January 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Make
  • Bitter After Taste
  • Bad Texture

I want to thank the people at FREEZINda. I've always liked ice cream for my dessert so this was an easy try for me. I have mixed protein with a lot of different things so getting it into ice cream was a definite try.

The ingredients listed do not show what it would be like with protein so these results are based on the product alone. Below are the ingredients of the FREEZiNda and serving size.

150 calories per bag of dry and wet ingredients
50 calories per serving when using 1/2 cup of hardened mix
Fat 0g
Sugar 1g
Carbs 18g
Sugar Alcohol 16g

The product has 2 bags which one is wet ingredients and the other is dry ingredients. The two add at the same time to the water and protein powder. The main ingredients of the product are vegetable glycerin, erythritol, baking powder, sugar, guar gum, and xantham gum. The question is what is the purpose of these ingredients. The first 2 ingredients are the wet ingredients. Vegetable glycerin comes from plant oils with a texture similar to syrup. It gives a product a sweet taste without adding the carbs and calories found in normal sugar. Erythritol is a sugar alcohol used as a sweetener to get zero calories and is better for you than aspartame. I have found this in Atkins diet foods. The last 4 are the dry ingredients. Baking powder is a dry chemical used to thicken the product and is what causes food like bread to poof. Sugar, of course, it used for sweetness. Guar gum and xantham gums are a thickening agent and help keep everything together just like bubble gum..

This group is a bit hard to explain. The texture and taste was nothing like ice cream. The taste was not similar to the taste you get when you use your normal protein powder in shakes. There is some flavor similar to the protein shakes, but it changed due to the ingredients in the FREEZiNda. You would take the ingredients that came in this and mix it with milk or water plus the protein powder. I tried this with 5 different flavors of protein powder to get a different taste to see what all 5 would taste like. Regardless of what flavor it was, it did not taste like the protein powder that I use. When combining the wet and dry ingredients, you do get a significant change in the flavor. The worst part about this was the texture. The only way I can describe the texture is to take a custard ice cream and add chewing gum. The texture was very thick and was hard to break down into an easy to swallow form. It was very hard to consume. For me, the taste and texture were almost unbearable. The mixability was OK. You would take the 2 ingredients of FREEZiNda, which was dry and wet ingredients and mix it with your preference of protein powder. You would shake it like you would a protein shake but a bit longer than what you would normally shake and this would thicken it. The mixability wasn't a problem. When you had it mixed you would dump it into a container that was freezer safe. You would then freeze the shake by adding it to the freezer until frozen to your preference. The dosing lined out for you on the instructions. A serving is 1/2 cup of the finished product. That means the sugar, carbs, etc.. will change based on what protein or product you mix it with. Also, the calories per serving will change based on the amount of liquid, what kind of liquid, and the amount of protein scoop. The instructions say you can use any liquid you wish. I used water as described but I used milk also as I figured it would have a better taste. The ingredients say to use a 3/4 cup of protein powder along with 1 cup of liquid. You can add or take away the protein powder from this as you can customize it for your preference but I followed the instructions as recommended. The mixing of the protein, with the dry mix, and the wet mix set it up like an ice cream. The dosing was pretty straightforward. I hade a few problems with the dosing. One problem I had with the dosing was how could you be exact with how much protein you are consuming. All the scoops I use for my protein shakes are a little more than 3/4 cup. So if you are using 3/4 cup of protein powder, then you have to start doing the math to figure out exactly how much protein is in servings. The second problem was when I would want to try different flavors at the same time. My strawberry protein has more protein in it than my chocolate (which is an organic mix so the numbers are different) so how much protein am I getting. In the end, you had to guess how much of the ice cream you would take in a serving to get an idea of exactly how much protein you're consuming. This may sound small to you, but I don't want to do a bunch of math when I am measuring what I am consuming. I want it more like my protein shake, one or two scoops and you know what you have. Due to the taste, texture, and unknown of how much protein I am getting, I give this a low rating.

The effectiveness for FREEZiNda is similar to protein shakes. I can not measure the effectiveness by saying I put on muscle or lost weight. What I can tell you is that it would leave me feeling full, and this part of it was effective. Sometimes when I have ice cream dessert, I am feeling hungry later, but this is more like a custard so it would leave me feeling fuller. It was a good way to keep me from eating something else later in the night.

I was able to find it on the FREEZiNda website. They have 5 containers for $15 so it is $3 per bag. I give the value a low ranking here. This was a product that was just too much to spend. The way I look at the value is am I getting what I want for the dollar. If this was in an ice cream like form with good flavor, I would spend $3 for a bag because that is close to what I spend on an ice cream cone. Since this did not taste like ice cream, I would not buy it. If it did taste more like ice cream, I would gladly spend $3 on it. Who doesn't want ice cream that is high in protein and low in calories, carbs, and sugar? If the product stays the same, I wouldn't try it again regardless of cost.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

So in concluding, I'm gonna have to give this a low rating overall. I don't want to sound like I'm bashing this product, but it just wasn't what I expected. I wanted a good dessert because I don't want to eat something that's not healthy. I wanted something to leave me as if I felt like I had finished a meal with a nice dessert. I'm not for sure how to change this to get it more like ice cream. If there was a way for this company to get this texture changed and the flavor to stay the same as with the protein powder taste, that would be something that I wouldn't mind to buy. Based on the texture and taste alone, this is something I would not buy again regardless of cost. If this company could drill down the texture and taste, then that would be a product I wouldn't mind to spend a little extra money on because dessert at the end of the night is something I would like to have.

January 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tasty!
  • Easy To Make
  • Unique Idea

Good morning boys and girls! Big thanks to the folks over at Freezinda for sending this my way to review. I was intrigued by the concept of this product and definitely wanted to take a closer look. So let's do just that!

Since this technically isn't a sports nutrition supplement but rather a food additive we won't spend too much time going into the ingredient profile. The ingredients that make up this product are as listed. Vegetable Glycerine, Erythirtol, Sugar, Baking Powder, Guar Gum and Xanthan Gum. Essentially what you have is a list of ingredients to prevent your mixture from freezing solid while also adding sweetness and creaminess to the mix. I'm no food chemist so I don't know the exact mechanisms at work but when mixed with water and protein powder it should create an ice cream like substance when left in the freezer. This will add some additional calories (about 150 per package) but the option to make a "dessert" out of your existing protein powder is a nice treat once in a while that won't completely blow your nutritional goals in a given day. Using a full pack of Freezinda with two scoops of protein powder and water is going to net you a pretty large serving of this frozen concoction that comes in around 400 calories if you eat it all in one sitting. The macro breakdown will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 50g protein, 54g carbs, and 4g of fat. This could vary based on the protein powder you use obviously.

This does include counting the sugar alcohols from erythritol which claims to not have an affect on blood sugar or ketosis (if you're into ketogenic dieting) but my jury is still out on that honestly. I run ketogenic diets from time to time and my ketones seem to go down after consuming a large amount of erythritol. So I don't fully buy that it has zero impact.

Basically I would take two scoops of protein powder mixed with 8oz of water, almond milk, or milk, and the dry and wet ingredients and put it all in a shaker cup and then empty into a freezer safe container. Leave it for about 12 hours and it is ready to eat. I tried this with three different protein powders (ON Gold Vanilla, ON Gold Chocolate, MyProtein Salted Caramel) and the consistency seemed to remain the same with all of them. I also experimented with using almond milk and whole milk in place of water which seemed to add a little extra creaminess to the texture. All in all this honestly comes out more like an Italian ice than actual ice cream. I really tried to get it closer to ice cream by experimenting with different powders and liquids but it just never got to that soft consistency that you get with real ice cream.

Despite the fact that it never got to a real ice cream consistency I genuinely enjoyed this product. It was honestly just as good as Halo Top or any of the other low calorie ice creams on the market today with the added benefit of being high in protein. And it is super easy to use. My favorite mix was using the ON Gold Chocolate with whole milk. It seemed to really make for an enjoyable treat.

There are no real quantifiable effects to this product because there aren't intended to be any. So really nothing to talk about in this department.

So this is a little pricey based on $15 for five packages (plus $5 shipping) but if you look at what a pint of "healthy" ice cream such as Halo Top or any other brand will cost you it really isn't bad. It's not something that I would eat every day any way so absorbing the cost of maybe doing this a few times per month isn't going to break the bank. Maybe we can add a point for value if they make this a Prime eligible item to provide free two day shipping in the future. (hint hint)

Side Effects

Only potential side effect I can think of would be throwing your body out of ketosis or any other side effect associated with erythritol consumption. There does seem to be a fair amount in this stuff.

Conclusion

If you want to add another method of consuming the protein powder you already consume then this is a great way to break up the monotony.

Overall
    Overall
    6.3
      December 31, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Make
    • Bitter After Taste

I wanted to try Freezinda because I use a good amount of protein powder (1-2 scoops a day), and I love ice cream, so I wanted to see if this yielded a tasty dessert.

1 Packet of Freezinda gives us:

50 calories
    18g carbs (1g sugar)
    0g protein
    0g fat

The ingredients are vegetable glycerin (sweetener), erythritol (sweetener), sugar, baking powder, guar gum (thickener/stabilizer), and xanthan gum (thickener/stabilizer).

The Freezinda is sweet, but it does not have any flavor (e.g. no vanilla, chocolate, etc). Your dessert will taste like whatever protein powder you use just sweeter. I did, though, get a bitter aftertaste sometimes.

The mixability was good when I made a frozen dessert. The texture was smooth. I had some clumping, however, when I used the dry packets to make a microwave muffin.

The product comes in packets (one wet and one dry). You use one of each for the frozen dessert, and one packet of the dry ingredient for the microwave muffin. When you make the frozen dessert, you are making three servings at once.

I followed the directions exactly and my first attempt at a frozen dessert was not very successful. It was so hard that I couldn't scoop it out at all. It came out like a block of Italian ice, but I had no blade to shave it.

The subsequent times, I used less water (6oz instead of 8), and it was much easier to scoop. My dessert came out like those frozen fudge pops you get at summer camp.

It was okay, but I was never a fan of those.

The microwave muffins were not very successful to me. The dry packets had too much leavening agent, which caused the batter to nearly overflow (I used a large mug). I also found the texture to be odd.

I've had better results just using baking powder and cake flour.

--Value----

A 5 pack of Freezinda is $15, which gives us $1/serving. This seems a bit pricy to me. Given that you have to provide the protein powder, you're paying more than you would to get a pint Halo Top. (According to my math 1 serving of a prepared Freezinda costs $1.66, and I can get a serving of HT for $1.19)

With HT, you don't have to do any work. The product is already made.

With Freezinda, you do get the option of picking your own flavors, but there are a lot of flavors for Protein "Ice cream" available right now. I'm not sure the ability to pick your own flavor warrants a 40% increase in price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It was fun to try Freezinda, but this product was not for me. It does what it's supposed to do, i.e. it makes your protein powder into a frozen dessert, but I was just not a fan of the dessert that I got.

If you like fudge pops, you may love this.

December 30, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tasty!
    • Easy To Make

First and foremost I would like to thank FREEZiNda for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm sure tired of drinking protein shakes to keep up my macros. It's pretty obvious that most of us are. This is something really new and it hits both of my desires ... protein and desert. The only way I've been soothing my sweet tooth were protein bars but you can get tired of them too. So, when I noticed this new invention and how you cane make Ice Cream out of your protein powder, I knew what I had to do.

I really like that they thought out their ingredient profile and tried to be on the healthy side. I'll give you an example ... They said that because ice cream needs sugar to work they made a healthier alternative and used sugar alcohol instead. Not only that they used sugar alcohols that are easier to digest. Kudos to them.

So when you use one kit you will get these numbers additionally to what you get from the protein powder you have used.

150 Calories
    0 Fat
    0 cholesterol
    45 mg of Sodium
    18 grams of Carbohydrates
    0 protein

This is what I have learned about the product going through the learning process. I personally recommend you use whey concentrate or milk casein. Although in my test run I did not attempt to mix it with milk casein because I din't have any laying around. The reason why I recommend it because of the thickness that it provides. It makes the final product a bit more creamier.

The five packets I used I did it with Adaptogen Science - Tasty Whey Deluxe, NutraBio - Whey Protein Isolate, MyProtein - Iso, and lastly Dymatize Nutrition - ISO-100. I repeated another batch with ISO-100 because it came out really good.

The last won because of the flavor of peanut butter and the intensity of the taste. It just made the ice cream very enjoyable. NutraBio I loved but with milk ... when I did it with water and the ice cream solution I didn't enjoy it that much. The creamiest batch was from the Tasty Whey Delux and the taste of chocolate meltdown was actually pretty good ... The only thing I regret that I have not tried this with milk (I didn't read the fine print "milk may be used in replacement of water")

PLEASE READ, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

When you use ISO protein try to use just a little less than a cup of water ... it will make the final product a little bit more creamier and less of a sorbet. I have learned through the trial that it's important to take your time to make the final product. Especially when your pouring down the dry mix ... what I did was I poured it very slowly while stirring in the container ... it seems that the dry mix can get very clunky and it's just looks and tastes better when it's smooth.

The effectiveness of this product is the fact that you will easily reach your macros especially in the protein department. You will probably also not shy away from the additional carbs if you eat this right after a hard workout. This will do exactly what other protein shakes would with additional carbs. You might even consider this of a somewhat mass gainer. If you want to understand the full effect of the container you just ate than read effectiveness on the protein you used :P

Unfortunately here is where I can't be easy on these guys ... They say it's 3 buck per kit ... no it isn't ... the shipping is additional 5 bucks so in reality it makes it 4 bucks per packet ... That's why I'm the reviewer to make sure you are aware :P (jk). All jokes aside, you pay 4$ for the kit than additional 1 for the protein since you need close to 2 servings to make 3/4 cup. So, for a 3/4 of a pint ice cream you will have to bully out 5 dollars, that becomes one expensive treat ... I do like to treat myself ... but at that price ... I'm going to miss it but not for long ...

Side Effects

Overeating :P

Conclusion

I liked this product a lot ... I enjoyed every scoop of the ice cream. I just don't like the price and that's the only thing that will deter me from buying it. I will be on a lookout for a sale and if it's decent I'm not going to hesitate. I love me some Ice cream!