Forzapro Reviews

By: Forzaone

FORUM TOPICS

Protein > Blended Protein
Forzapro is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Forzaone. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

May 5, 2018

• No Bloating
  • Aminogen
  • Nutrishop Exclusive

ForzaPro by VitaSports is an all around great protein powder, and one of my personal favorites. With a solid ingredient profile, good taste, and great effectiveness, you owe it to yourself to try it.

Remember that one kid you went to high school with who always did well in class, stayed out of trouble, but hung out with a bad crowd? That kid is ForzaPro, and that crowd is Nutrishop.

ForzaPro uses a prop blend of a rapid release protein complexes and an extended release protein complexes. The purpose of this type of blend is to deliver fast absorbing protein to assist in post workout recovery, as well as to provide a slower absorbing protein to keep you feeling fuller throughout the day. The ingredients in ForzaPro are listed as:

Rapid Release Blend:
Cross flow microfiltered whey protein concentrate and isolate, hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, hydrolyzed casein

Extended Release Blend:
Micellar casein, milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, potassium caseinate

Bodybuilding.com has put together a great article on the different types of protein and processing techniques used in producing protein powders - https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/your-expert-guide-to-whey-protein.html

ForzaPro also utilizes two other blends:

Growth Factor Blend containing:
Colostrum - a supplement created from the pre-milk fluids of mammals who have just given birth (typically produced from cows). Colostrum is loaded with enzymes and antibodies, as well as a growth factor which help to strengthen and boost the muscle growth of newborns, however research shows in fully developed adults, digestive enzymes typically break down the beneficial compounds before they are able to reach muscles. (Examine.com)

L-arganine - studies have suggested that arganine supplementation can increase blood flow to muscles

L-ornithine - helps to reduce ammonia buildup in muscles after a workout, leading to less fatigue and soreness. Also worth noting, studies have shown that supplementing arginine and ornithine together may increase and help to circulate growth hormone.

Training Recovery Blend:
N-acetyl-l-glutamine (NAG) - glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid that aids in muscle recovery and reducing soreness. NAG is a bonded version of glutamine designed to aid in delivery, however it is considered one of the less reliable forms.

Acai powder - acai berries are a super food which are very high in antioxidants. It is believed that acai powder can help to reduce muscle pain, however research is limited on this subject.

Pomegranate powder - another fruit believed to naturally reduce muscle pain.

Calcium ascorbate - another antioxidant believed to assist in reducing muscle soreness and pain.

Another ingredient worth mentioning aside from the typical dyes and fillers is the inclusion of Aminogen, which is used to aid in digestion.

ForzaPro also contains BCAAs and avoids being accused of amino spiking by listing the amino profile on the label. For those interested, I have included a photo of the label showing the amino breakdown.

Taste:
I have purchased and used both the mint chocolate and vanilla flavors. Personally I'm not a fan of vanilla protein powders, because I find the flavor plain, and because Ive had so many of them back when vanilla and chocolate were the only flavors available. With that stated however, I did enjoy this flavor. It was pretty sweet, with a smooth creamy taste, very similar to a milkshake.

The mint chocolate was definitely my preferred flavor, which I have purchased multiple times. Initially I was drawn to this flavor because it was unique, and because of my love for mint chocolate ice cream. While the mint flavor was more subtle than I would have liked, it blended well with the sweet and light chocolate flavor.

Mixability:
This product mixed very well in my shaker cups. One thing I noticed was the powder in the tub had a more grainy, sand like consistency than the soft, fluffy powders I'm used to. This was of no consequence once the product was mixed, however it may affect mixability if a shaker or other method of blending is not used.

Dosage:
One 40g scoop provides 30g of protein in 8-10oz of milk or water. I typically took this product twice a day, post workout and before bed.

The effectiveness of protein powder can be somewhat hard to judge in terms of muscle growth, however there were some areas where I found this product to be very effective.

Post workout recovery times were much shorter while using this product. I saw a noticeable decrease in DOMS and typically felt no soreness by the second day after my workout.

I also felt more satiated when using this product as a meal replacement, typically at night or just before bed. I never felt the urge to have a late night snack, and I usually woke up in the mornings without being hungry.

I have purchased and used ForzaPro multiple times. Honestly, had my local Nutrishop not shut down this would likely be my go to protein still.

$60 for 60 servings, just slightly above the market average. May be a bit more than people want to pay at one time for protein, however the large amount of servings balance it out. At $1 per serving, I feel as though this product is fairly valued once you consider the blend of proteins as well as the fact that it is a Nutrishop exclusive.

Side Effects

No negative side effects or gastro issues were experienced during the use of this product. Likely due to the use of cross flow microfiltered proteins, as well as the added Aminogen, which make this protein easier to digest.

Conclusion

Overall, I feel like this was a very effective product. It supplemented my diet well and helped tremendously in post workout recovery.

The only downside to the product is the limited availability considering it can only be purchased through Nutrishop.

Despite that, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a solid protein powder.
  • Mint chocolate: 8/10
  • Vanilla: 7/10

October 18, 2013

• Great Mixibility
  • No Bloating
    Picked this up at Nutrishop. Was looking for a protein that would keep me slim but giving me all the nutrients I needed at the same time. Lady recommended it so I took it.

Stack I'm running: Forza Pro, MuscleMeds Glutamine Decanate, 1 MR, multivitamin, and krill oil.

Ingredients: Nutrition Facts
    Threonine:1.60g
    Tryptophan:0.48g
    Tyrosine:0.85g
    Valine:1.62g

Price/Value: $59.99 plus tax. For a product in general I always go by how much the product is and how much a serving comes out to. Usually I stay in the $1 per serving range unless the product is beyond belief worth going over that. This came out to a $1 a serving and it was worth it.

Dosage/Mixability: So the recommended dosage is 1-1.5 scoops 2-4 times a day. I do cardio in the morning and weights at night time. I do strength training three times a week and cardio the rest. I only do one scoop because I get my protein from other sources from chicken and eggs etc etc. This was a easy product to mix. No chunks just shake in shaker after working out and your good to go.

Taste: I choose to get the mint chocolate flavor. No out of all the proteins I have had this is one of my favorite tasting. The only downside is that it was a little to sweet. It was really sugary which I did not like. I like for my protein to be sweet but not this sweet.

Overall: For a protein that equals out to $1 a scoop you can't go wrong. I really enjoyed this product the only downside was the sweetness. I did not feel bloated or anything of that nature after I took this. I would recommend this product.

October 24, 2012

• Great Mixibility
      ForzaPro is a Nutrishop exclusive protein blend consisting of Cross-flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Concentrate, Cross-Flow Microfilitered Whey Isolate, Hydroylzed Casein, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, and Potassium Caseinate. The protein blend also consists of a growth factor blend, and a training recovery blend that includes Colostrum, L-Arginine, L-Ornithine, N-Acetyle-L-Glutamine, Acai Powder, Pomegranate Powder, and Calcium Ascorbate. I will also add that there is Aminogen added to help with the digestion of the proteins.

This was my first experience using a NutriShop product, and to be honest I was extremely impressed. I was looking to use something different, because normally I find something on the clearance rack of at GNC or at Sams club. This time, however, I decided to shell out a few extra dollars this time to try something new.

Taste/Mixibility9/10:

I got the chocolate flavor and it reminded me of a "hot chocolate" taste. I thought it was very smooth, and not too rich. The mixibility was probably the most impressive aspect of this protein powder, especially considering the first ingredient listed is a Whey Protein Concentrate. It was as good, if not better than Optimum Nutrition's ProComplex, which is really saying something. I never had any clumping when I stirred this protein with a spoon with water or milk. The protein itself is sweeter than most, so most of the time I would mix it with water because the extra carbohydrates in milk made it a little too sweet for my liking. As a mass gainer shake I would mix this with milk, peanut butter, and oats and it would taste amazing.

Value 8.5/10

The price on this protein is $59.99 for 5.3 lbs. There are 60 servings of 30 grams of protein, which comes out to be $1 a serving. This is a very fair price in my opinion. I have used other products that are cheaper than this, but the quality was not the same. When judging value you can't just look at price per serving, but the overall quality of the product, so the $60 was justified in my opinion.

It is difficult judge the effectiveness of a protein powder alone, especially since I was taking other products in conjunction with it. I can say that I would make sure to take this product twice a day, because I actually looked forward to having my protein shake. I used this in conjunction with Cellucor's P6 and DS Craze. This stack was extremely effective for me. For a protein powder sold exclusively in retail stores, this product is top of the line in regards to it quality and value.