Sign In

Remember Me

Submit a review

How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Can supplements cause kidney stones?

Read 1719 times

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for misleading marketing and misinformation.

Zuidemane
Rep: +10
Trust: 26%
Can supplements cause kidney stones? « : September 13, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »
My buddy just had a small kidney stone and he is only 18 years old.  He takes a truck load of supplements and thinks it is because of everything he takes - animal pack, creatine, glutamine, PH, etc.  He does these consistantly. 

Is there anything that would directly cause stones?

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

texasmade89
Rep: +687
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: September 13, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »
PH-prohormone?!  He doesn't cycle off creatine at all? I don't think there's evidence to support any of the supps listed (directly) cause kidney stones; It's safe to assume that it would put increasing pressure on the liver/kidney when all the synthetic materials pass through.  They can also be the result of a high protein diet.
I REP BACK.

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

Zuidemane
Rep: +10
Trust: 26%
« Reply #2: September 13, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
Not sure on amounts of protein he takes in (probably a lot), but definitely does not cycle creatine, and hardly cycles PH.

texasmade89
Rep: +687
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #3: September 13, 2010, 09:28:37 AM »
What do you mean by hardly cycles?  He rarely does them or he's on them all the time, without a break?  Does he use support supps? If not, this will put unbelievable strain on the kidneys/liver.  I really hope man, because if not kidney stones are a walk in the park compared to the possibility of liver shutdown.
I REP BACK.

Copyright © 2017 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.