Critique my bulk Stack

Read 9257 times

« Reply #15: August 30, 2010, 11:54:45 PM »
Today was a big day. First day of my bulk. My stack is:
PreW.O.- Jack3d
Intra-Purple Wraath
Post- Pro Complex
In between meals- Up Your Mass
Bed- 100% Casein

& Kre Alk 1500 and Gluta Lynn 1500
& and a quality fish oil and multivitamin

Well, I ate pretty healthy today. Gallon of water. Uh, about 6 meals. Lots of protein and good carbs. Overall, I felt great before my workout which is awesome.

After not taking any kind of supplements because I wasn't really lifting for a while, I started with a fairly low dosage of supps.

I woke up, 2 Kre Alks and 2 Gluta Lynns

Mid afternoon, had some up yyour mass, its supposed to be four scoops I believe but I had 2

Pre workout, had my jack3d and I felt really pumped up for CHEST N TRICEPS DAY

The purple wraath tasted great and it really helped me get through the workout with great endurance. I kept refilling my shaker with more water, it tasted bomb! =]

The workout went kinda like this:
Pushups 3 x 20 just to warmup
Smith Incline Barbell Press 4 x 8,6,4,4
DB Chest Press 3 x 10, 8, 6
Inc Hammer Strength Press 3 x 10, 8, last set was a drop set. started with just four reps, then stripped the weight by 10 pounds, hit 6 reps, then another 10, hit 8 and i was toast.
Dips 3 x 8
One arm overhead DB extensions 3 x 10
EZ Bar Pressdowns(alternated between overhand Grip and Underhand) 4 x 10-12
Did some forearms curls and an ab workout. After the workout I stretched a bit and headed home.
Post workout- Pro Complex/ 2 Kre Alk/ 2 Gluta Lynn

Since this workout was pretty late night, I don't see the point in taking my casein because my Pro Comp has some in it so I just ate a little bit and went to bed.

Overall, the workout was awesome. really great pumps and it felt good to finally be pushing some solid weight again. The jack3d really hits you hard when you haven't taken it for a while. I only took a scoop and really felt buzzin.
Tomorrow is legs probably so I will keep my log updated.

"Fighting and running are the original forms of competition. It's built into everyone to either step up or run. We choose to step up." - Unknown

Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering other is strength, mastering

« Reply #16: September 01, 2010, 10:23:49 PM »
Legs day was a huge success.
Although I felt a bit weak on some of my lifts, I did the best I could and really pushed my body.
Squats, leg press, romanian deadlift, hack squats made up most of the workout.
some leg curls and leg extensions, then seated and standing calf raises.

Needless to say, walking around campus today was hell. lol.

The jack3d of course was awesome as usual.
purple wraath with 1.5 scoops tastes kinda funny to me, idk what it was  ???
maybe I should jus do 1 scoop, it seemed to taste a lot better and I felt alot better during my workout.

Today I got hold of some Optimum Nutrition GlycoMaize which I willa dd to my post workout shake Pro Complex.

Tomorrow I have a huge break in between my classes, kinda inconvenient but whatever. My morning classes end at 11:30am then I gotta get back for night classes at 7.
So I'm going to train tomorrow afternoon. Going to hit back, shoulders, and biceps really hard.
I have never done all those bodyparts in one workout, it should be fun though.

« Reply #17: September 02, 2010, 01:15:47 PM »
Nice log broski, I will be following your progress.  Good LUCK!
That which does not kill me, makes me stronger!

You have to fall in love with the pain if you ever want to say hello to the growth.

« Reply #18: September 03, 2010, 05:36:24 PM »
Nice log broski, I will be following your progress.  Good LUCK!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Anyways, after leg day, I still feel really sore. I feel like the glutamine is helping but I don't know, I feel like I've never been this sore. At least I know the workout worked. haha

I just finished up with back, shoulders, biceps. I don't usually follow the split I did this week but I had to cause it's the first week of college, no time, etc.
the workout went perfect, just liek I imagined it.
Started with deadlifts. two warmup sets then 4 x 5 reps pyramiding up in weight.
The rest of the workout went liek this:
Pullups 3 x 8
Barbell Rows 3 x 8.6,4
Hammer Strength Underhand lat Pulldown 3 x 10
Single Arm Hammer Strength Row 3 x 10 each arm
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 3 x 10, 8, 6

Then onto shoulders...
I usually do arnold presses as  simply a warmup.
It's a great move that I've found to really get blood to all three delt heads. My shoulder workouts feel a lot better when I do 2 x 20 arnold dumbbell presses.
After the arnolds:
Overhead Smith Machine Military Press 4 x 10, 8, 6, 4
Seated Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises 3 x 10
Bent Over Dumbbell Raises 3 x 10
Seated Dumbbell Front Raises 3 x 10
Shrugs 3 x 15-20

My shoulders are definitely my weakest bodypart but I felt an awesome pump during this routine, I think I have found this one to be one I really like.

After hitting back and shoulders, time to finish off biceps with just a few moves. I feel like my biceps get pumped pretty easily especially after back so the fact that I hd to leave the gym soon after finishing shoulders was okay. I figured, a few quick bicep moves and I'm out.
Seated DB one arm Preacher Curls 3 x 10,8,8 each arm
Standing DB Hammer Curls 3 x 10 each arm

When the workout finished, I hurried home because I wanted to get my pro Complex and Glutamine in my system as well as the newest component to my stack, GlycoMaize by ON.
I mixed the two in my shaker with some milk and downed it.
I felt great, didn't feel drained and tired even though I just went through a grueling workout and I feel that it's because of the GlycoMaize. The chalky taste wasn't bad a t all, hardly noticed it. The extra carbs really helped me recover. Loved it.

Tomorrow is a rest day and then sunday I got boxing.
Next weeks split will go as follows:
Mon Chest n Tri
Tue
Back n Bi
Thur
Legs n Shoulders

the rest of the week will either be a rest day or I'll be at my boxing gym.
Thanks for reading guys and I hope your enjoying it, please let me know if you have any stuff to critique, thanks!!

****Side note: MY BACK IS FRICKEN TORCHED. I used my lifting straps yesterday instead of the gloves I kinda got used to and I don't know if that's why but I felt pumped. My forearms, shoulders, traps and most of all my back felt so filled with blood. Today, I am so unbelievably sore I have no idea how I am going to get through boxing tomorrow. WOW****
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:28:25 PM by 6283 »

« Reply #19: September 07, 2010, 10:51:25 PM »
This weeks splits kinda funky but I've been trying to balance everything out.
Weight lifting, college (probably shoulda said college first. lol), working full time, and training for my boxing tournament has been murder. Boxing burns so many damn calories that this bulk has been difficult but I'm happy to say I see a real gain in overall size. Also, my major lifts have already gone up pretty well.
Not tipping the scale much yet but I'm workin on it. However, I was very pleased to step on the scale at my boxing gym to see that I had gained about 2 pounds. LoL. Obviously not much and it could be water but hey, I'll take what i can get.
Tonights workout was legs, chest, triceps.
Thursday will be back, shoulders, biceps.
Like I said, funny split, trying my best to find one that works.
Food intake today was pretty heavy. Ate a lot and got in about 8 bottles of water so I felt solid before my workout.
I tried mixing up my jack3d wit a scoop of Purple Wraath because I heard some people do this to get some bcaas before the workout too. It tasted solid but I didn't notice much difference, i dont know =/
Anyway, other than that, the supplementation went the same as usual.

The workout:
Chest Flies 3 x 10
Leg Extensions 3 x 10
Tricep Pressdown 3 x 12-15
Hamstring Curls 3 x 10

Today the gym was crowded as poo so I just powered through this. Normally, I probably would have done all my leg exercises first, then chest but it was packed so I took whatever was available at the time.

I felt great after the workout, especially since I did some stretching post workout. Everything was done in about an hour.
Tomorrow morning I got boxing so I'ma head out. Peace out guys, hope your enjoying the log.

Side note, thinking of getting some super NOS pump next week to take. I don't wanna pop too many of these, at the most 2 pills, any ideas on consumption?
When should I take it for best results, how many?
Anyways, later guys! Everyone keep training hard!

« Reply #20: September 13, 2010, 12:56:03 PM »
hey guys, sorry I havent updated the log lately, been busy.
BACK SHOULDERS BICEPS workout was on saturday morning.
I felt absolutely amazing and I am really seeing results with my supplement stack.
I definitly attribute a lot of it to my weight gainer and the Kre Alk.
Sorry I'm in a bit of a rush so I gotta go, but I'll update tomorrow after the gym. Thanks again for reading guys.

make7upyours
Posts: 185
« Reply #21: September 13, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »
good log brotha. keep liftin heavy!!
Bowed Up Beyond Belief

« Reply #22: September 14, 2010, 11:47:16 PM »

guys, I've come to the realization that a permanent split is not in my near future. It sucks but thats the way it is. I think part of life is rolling with the punches (ironically enough, I am LITERALLY rolling with the punches because I cant have the split I want cause of boxing, and other factors. lol)
Although this thought hurt me at first, the fact that I cant have the "back day" that I love or waking up and knowing its chest day or whatever, I got over it and decided that whenever I AM in the weight room, I'm gonna kill it since idk when I can come back.

I just finished up with a full body workout routine consisting of what I feel are the most important compound exercises.
Regular Crunches 2 x 25 (just to get blood flowing and warming up my core for the compound moves coming up)
Squat 3 x 10
Deadlift 3 x 10, 8, 6
Bench Press superset with plyometric pushups (Clap Pushups) 3 x 10
*I failed on my last set, I used a rest pause method to finish the set but I couldn't finish the set straight
Pullups 3 x 8
My goal was 3 sets of 8 but I did only 1 set of 8 and then failed on the other two at 6 and then 4
I simply couldn't do any more
Overhead DB Shoulder Press 3 x 10
Dips 3 x 8
Barbell Curls 3 x 8

This workout was actually really good for me. After following a "bodybuilders" type split for so long, I forgot how great it felt to activate all your muscles at once. I feelt especially awesome doing some post workout cardio and stretching.
Afterwards, I headed home, downed my shake and am excited for my last meal before bed. =]

My splits crazy but I'm hoping to make it in to the gym at least twice a week and I might just do full body workouts each time. I feel great though.
My next boxing tournament, I am going to be competing at the 135 lb weight class. My goal was to reach 145 or so then cut down so I could have an advantage.
I started this bulk at 134 soaking wet and am now at 137.5 in about 3 weeks. I am very happy with my progress and although I am noticing the classic "bulk gut," I feel its worth it.
Plus, I am not necessarily looking to "look" good, all of this is to improve my performance in the ring.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys and thanks for reading, I'll keep you all updated.

« Reply #23: September 18, 2010, 09:28:29 AM »
It's the morning after another gym session this week.
I felt great the whole workout, I did about 15 minutes of cardio as my warmup then off to the racks.
Heres the workout. It''s a full body routine with a few explosive movements tossed in.
Squats 5 x 5
Lunges 3 x 10
superset w/
Box Jumps 3 x 5
One Arm DB Rows 3 x 10
Pullups 1 x 10 (Overhand Grip) 1 x 7 (Overhand at Widest Grip) 1 x 10 (Neutral Grip)
Bench Press Throw (On Smith Machine of course) 5 x 5
Plyo Pushups 3 x failure
Pushups (Forgot the name of this kind of pushup, but I did regular pushups with one hand on a flat surface then switched to the other side so my other hand would be on the surface, etc.)
3 x 10
Arnold Press 3 x 12
Push press 3 x 10
Dips 3 x 10

After my workout I couldn't get my shake in which really peeed me off but I had to do stuff. I ate about 45 minutes after =[
O well.

ALright guys, gotta head to work. Peace out for now

« Reply #24: September 20, 2010, 10:10:37 AM »
JUST WANTED TO ADD A QUICK POSTTT

yesterday during my boxing workout, i decided that I'd take some supps, which I never do. I take my Kre Alk, Gluta Lynn, and my weight gainer as if its an "off day" when im boxing and not in the weight room.
However, I decided I'd down some jack3d before heading to my boxing gym. I felt the usual pump I get from jack3d and it was cool. However, I felt my pump go away fairly quickly. =/
I wasn't too bummed tho. Then after my workout, I downed some Pro Complex.
This helped sooo much with recovery.
I'm starting to think that on boxing days too, I will take Pro Complex after my workout with my Gluta Lynn. and tak Kre Alk before. ( As well as two of each in the morning)
hmmmmmmm =]

« Reply #25: September 27, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
Havent updated you guys for a lil bit so here's everything.
I've been doing a ton of training in my boxing gym and not necessarily the weight room.
However, today I ventured over to my gym and gave it all I got.
The supplements went as usual. Heres the full body workout, with some good plyometric moves worked in as well as some solid supersets.
Squat 5 x 5

Standing One arm overhead DB shoulder Press  3 x 10

Dips 3 x failure
superset w/ Standing Alt DB Curls 3 x 10

Rope Pressdowns 3 x 12

This workout was awesome, I reeally enjoyed it and I was in and out of the gym pretty quick.
Just an update on the stats...
I started my bulk 5 weeks ago. COnsidering all the factors (lots of boxing= way too much cardio during a bulk, but whatever)
I've gained about 5 pounds. I feel a lot stronger and look a lot bigger.
It's a great feeling. Keep training guys!

« Reply #26: September 28, 2010, 07:01:58 AM »
Love the airborne moves broski.  I just swapped my HIIT routine for Plyometrics again.  God that shocks the muscles.  It hurts in a good way!

Keep up the solid work!

« Reply #27: October 03, 2010, 12:21:13 AM »

Keep up the solid work!

Thanks man, appreciate the support. And yeah, the plyos have been awesome.

Yesterday, the workout went as follows:
I started with about 15 minutes of cardio
Then off to squats....
Squat 3 x 10
superset w/ Lunges 3 x 10

Box Squats 3 x 8

NO DEADLIFTS TODAY. I was kind of sore and wasn't willing to. Plus, I wanted to try some different stuff with the pullups.

Underhand Barbell Row 3 x 10

Pullups (I did 4 sets of reps till failure)
set 1- standard grip pullups

Abs:
Standard Crunch 4 x 25
Crunch Machine 3 x 10
Back Extension superset w/ Oblique Crunch 3 x 10

I'd love to get more variety to my ab workouts but idk. I just can't seem to either get motivated, especially after workouts that stress my entire body.
I feel great after these kind of workouts but I need more variety.
I am going to work on re- vamping some things this week.

I need to work on a better overall routine. Things are feeling a bit stale.
I like doing explosive movements though. I feel a huge difference.

Anyways, take care everyone and if you have any ideas on some explosive workouts that will boost my speed and strength, please feel free to share.

***ON A SIDENOTE: Anyone do crossfit? Anyone teach themselves the crossfit moves and had success?
I cant afford the classes, but I've heard incorporating those moves help a lot. And I wanna do some but I'm too chicken poo to do it in the gym. I feel like I'll do it wrong no matter how much I read about it. Idk. Just a thought.

« Reply #28: October 06, 2010, 11:04:07 AM »
I didnt plan on lifting this week to focus on technique but I've been in my boxing gym at least twice a day all week except today.
A buddy of mine is sharing his pass to his gym (one of the uppity nicer gyms in the area. I think the sauna has a guy standing there asking if I need poo. lmao)
so I'm definitely gunna go just to see....the girls, i mean gym.

He wants a back and biceps workout from hell so lets see what i got for him.
I'll let you guys know how it goes later.

« Reply #29: October 06, 2010, 11:32:09 AM »
so I'm definitely gunna go just to see....the girls, i mean gym.

He wants a back and biceps workout from hell so lets see what i got for him.
I'll let you guys know how it goes later.

WIDE GRIP PULLUPS BROSKI!!!!  THE WIDER THE BETTER!!!!!!!  YEA YEA!
That which does not kill me, makes me stronger!

Sign up or Log in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!