How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

REALLY WANT TO WORK AT GNC!

Read 14703 times

PTfootball54
Rep: +1,047
Trust: 100%
REALLY WANT TO WORK AT GNC! « : August 02, 2010, 07:35:16 AM »
this is really a question for all those people who work at a gnc or other supplement store. I need to get a job because working for my parents and landscaping doesnt always pay to well and is very time consuming. So my question is How old do you have to be to work at a gnc or other supplement store? Im very interested in supplements and nutrition and how they have an affect on the human body in relation to working out and to get a job that deals wit that would be good for me and seems like something i would enjoy.  Thanks guys!

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

phoenix
Rep: +166
« Reply #1: August 02, 2010, 08:20:42 AM »
18 for GNC and being interested in the supplements is not a good thing if you work there.  I was constantly told I knew too much and needed to talk to the customers like they were stupid in order to get them to buy what I was supposed to be pushing.  I was honestly pretty miserable at that job because my boss was such a douchebag that only cared how his numbers looked and told us to lie, even tried to train people using incorrect and misleading information.

BEASTIE
Rep: +8
Trust: 4%
« Reply #2: August 02, 2010, 08:28:57 AM »
I have applied to about 4 or 5 GNC stores with no luck.  I go in there once in awhile to get a good laugh because their workers dont know jack crap.  They in fact are pushed to sell sell sell a certain brand or brands whether or not it works.  I also heard they only pay like 8 bucks an hour if you are lucky.  Heck, even the discounts you get, you can still get the stuff cheaper at online retailers.  Hope this helps.

venom434
Rep: +1,206
« Reply #3: August 02, 2010, 09:15:48 AM »
i work at a corporate GNC store in Pittsburgh, PA. my city is actually where the company is based out. i think it's fun interacting with customers about supplements, if you were into supplements before you worked there then working at GNC would be more enjoyable.

GNC requires that you're 18 years old, most stores will probably make sure you have a drivers licenses and a car to drive because you have to make bank runs, nightly deposits etc. employee discount is 30%. pay depends on the type of store whether is corporate or franchise. some stores pay higher flat rates, and other stores pay minimum wage plus commission. so if you're a really good salesman you could make a pretty decent buck..and unlike most people think, regular sales associates actually don't make any commission on GNC brand products, only managers do.

if you're going to apply to a store make sure the store is a corporate and not franchise..corporate stores are run completely different and so are their employees, your typical GNC employee stereotype (pushy, not knowledgeable) usually comes from franchise stores..of course there are requirements and goals that you have to meet, that's with any job especially Sales..you can be a good salesman without being pushy and also making your required goals..customers come to my store all the time and tell me they enjoy coming to my store because our employees aren't pushy. not to brag but, on several occasions I've had customers asked me if i went to school for that type of stuff because i sound educated to them..you cant expect to go into a GNC store and not have them suggest a GNC Brand product, only makes since that's their store of course they want you to by their products first, then 3rd party..but that doesn't mean they wouldn't suggest good 3rd party products in addition.

*Scott Mays (pretty much the CEO of USP Labs, i think thats his name? lol) did some visits here not to long ago, had some conferences, gave us some free stuff. and said USP Labs now has a partnership with GNC and wants to be their #1 3rd party product..so look for good deals on USP Labs products soon at GNC.*
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:54:42 AM by venom434 »

mjtuf1
Rep: +481
« Reply #4: August 02, 2010, 10:39:55 AM »
GNC sucks.. I knew a girl who was a few months shy of her 18th birthday who worked there.. She was pretty attractive so im sure that helped her get in, especially since every1 else who applies there never gets in lol.

foo GNC. Its a minimum wage job, and they will screw you out of your commissions at any cost.

CassieMills
Rep: 0
Trust: 0%
« Reply #5: May 08, 2019, 06:34:21 AM »
this is really a question for all those people who work at a gnc or other supplement store. I need to get a job because working for my parents and landscaping doesnt always pay to well and is very time consuming. So my question is How old do you have to be to work at a gnc or other supplement store? Im very interested in supplements and nutrition and how they have an affect on the human body in relation to working out and to get a job that deals wit that would be good for me and seems like something i would enjoy.  Thanks guys!

Hello
If you want to get a job, then you should read managing editor job description or senior editor job description and find out that on the website https://jobsforeditors.com/managing-editor-job-description.html you can find the best work. Do you know that managing editor  and senior editor job  make a lot of money? Managing editor's salary and senior's editor  salary are huge !!!!

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,098
Locker Roommates
« Reply #6: May 08, 2019, 08:34:33 AM »
nope.....

TJHreviews
Rep: +117
« Reply #7: May 10, 2019, 11:43:08 AM »
i work at a corporate GNC store in Pittsburgh, PA. my city is actually where the company is based out. i think it's fun interacting with customers about supplements, if you were into supplements before you worked there then working at GNC would be more enjoyable.

GNC requires that you're 18 years old, most stores will probably make sure you have a drivers licenses and a car to drive because you have to make bank runs, nightly deposits etc. employee discount is 30%. pay depends on the type of store whether is corporate or franchise. some stores pay higher flat rates, and other stores pay minimum wage plus commission. so if you're a really good salesman you could make a pretty decent buck..and unlike most people think, regular sales associates actually don't make any commission on GNC brand products, only managers do.

if you're going to apply to a store make sure the store is a corporate and not franchise..corporate stores are run completely different and so are their employees, your typical GNC employee stereotype (pushy, not knowledgeable) usually comes from franchise stores..of course there are requirements and goals that you have to meet, that's with any job especially Sales..you can be a good salesman without being pushy and also making your required goals..customers come to my store all the time and tell me they enjoy coming to my store because our employees aren't pushy. not to brag but, on several occasions I've had customers asked me if i went to school for that type of stuff because i sound educated to them..you cant expect to go into a GNC store and not have them suggest a GNC Brand product, only makes since that's their store of course they want you to by their products first, then 3rd party..but that doesn't mean they wouldn't suggest good 3rd party products in addition.

*Scott Mays (pretty much the CEO of USP Labs, i think thats his name? lol) did some visits here not to long ago, had some conferences, gave us some free stuff. and said USP Labs now has a partnership with GNC and wants to be their #1 3rd party product..so look for good deals on USP Labs products soon at GNC.*

GNC IS THE WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR. PERIOD.

You all should be thoroughly and completely ashamed to work for that company. I worked there for 3 years during undergrad and it was honestly the worst job I have ever had. I worked at a corporate office as well, and in fact they are where the stereotype of the pushy, unknowledgeable salesman comes from. As a sales associate, you only make commissions at corporate stores. You can get written up for not selling certain GNC products. Hours can be reduced for not selling specific GNC products. None of the regional, nor senior, managers know anything about the actual products. They only receive those positions from efficiently managing the store. Itís an environment that breads fear and falsity. Iím surprised they are actually still in business.

Gargalia
Rep: 0
Trust: 0%
« Reply #8: June 30, 2019, 11:38:42 AM »
I've been seаrching for а well-pаid job for а while but аt some point gаve it up аnd forex brokers website helped me to become а trаder so now I mаke enough money just stаying аt home working with my lаptop.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!