How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Gatorade series???

Read 2760 times

Jake11229
Rep: +13
Trust: 30%
Gatorade series??? « : July 23, 2010, 09:17:21 AM »
Just wondering if anyone drinks any of the gatorades in the series during workouts / sports.  I drink the perform (02) gatorade during my workout sometimes instead of water but was wondering if the prime and recovery are any good or work?  I know they're expensive so I'm just curious if it's worth buying part of the series.
Form over ego.

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

Tim40
Rep: +199
Trust: 100%
« Reply #1: July 23, 2010, 09:31:46 AM »
Iv tried the G3 Recovery one, the taste is pretty good its mixed berry and the profile is pretty good. It contains hydrolyzed whey which is great, it has 16g of protein and 130 calories which is not bad but for the price I wouldnt buy them unless Im desperate. I would just stick with Aftershock or whatever you do for post-workout.

Jake11229
« Reply #2: July 23, 2010, 09:41:44 AM »
I heaard the recovery one had a unique different flavor and the prime was more a gel or thicker drink.  16g of protein seems like a good amount of protein in the small bottle of recovery.  Not looking to replace my protein but I might buy the series for one workout and see what happens.  Thanks.
Form over ego.

wjmathewsx
Rep: +1,177
Locker Roommates
« Reply #3: July 23, 2010, 09:58:15 AM »
This Gatorade is EXTREMELY high in sugar.... Carbs are crazy-like also. I think the perform and such are for distance runners. I drink regular Gatorade right after a workout to spike insulin levels, but the other stuff would have sugar comin out of my nostrils fo sho!
1RM's

Bench 310
Squat 405
Deadlift 475
Total= 1190

Jake11229
« Reply #4: July 23, 2010, 01:20:09 PM »
I just bought one of each ( prime, perform, recovery ) and took them all with my workout.  Didn't seem to make that much difference or do much for me but they are good.  Once in a while wouldn't be bad, but might get expensive to buy those every work out.
Form over ego.

SoulMonkey
Rep: +557
« Reply #5: July 23, 2010, 10:52:50 PM »
This Gatorade is EXTREMELY high in sugar.... Carbs are crazy-like also. I think the perform and such are for distance runners. I drink regular Gatorade right after a workout to spike insulin levels, but the other stuff would have sugar comin out of my nostrils fo sho!

You should take in Gatorade more importantly for restoring glycogen than spiking insulin. In fact, that "two hour window of opportunity" is meant as a "two hour to restore glycogen stores". In fact, if you only had one hand to carry either a Gatorade or Protein shake for Postworkout, you're better off with the Gatorade.

averagejoe98
Rep: +188
Locker Roommates
« Reply #6: July 24, 2010, 07:41:24 AM »
SoulMonkey is right on this one. Your muscles deplete carbs during your workout and it becomes the number one thing your body needs after a workout. Taking in gatorade post-workout will shut muscle breakdown and then when you drink in protein you will use the amino acids to repair and rebuild muscle tissue. If you take in a protein shake post-workout w/ little carbs, your body will break the amino's down into sugar, therefore making a really expensive sugar shake.
Jacob from USP Labs has successfully synthesized real Unicorn blood and turned it into supplement form, it's called Pink Magic

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!