Sign In

Remember Me

Submit a review

How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

is it ok to refrigerate my whey protein ?

Read 5566 times

rekoil7
Rep: 0
Trust: 0%
is it ok to refrigerate my whey protein ? « : May 27, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »
just wanted to know if it would cause to any harm to the effectiveness of the whey protein ?

Related: Whey Protein (Category), Protein (Category), (Ingredient)

bigben21
Rep: +3
Trust: 11%
« Reply #1: May 27, 2010, 04:33:54 PM »
nope, it might actually help keep it "fresh" or longer, whey is supposed to be kept in a cool dry place anyways

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

everlastlift
Rep: +104
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #2: May 27, 2010, 05:43:37 PM »
normally it says keep in a cool "dry" place... refrigerators usually build up some condensation... I personally wouldn't do it but, I have no proof otherwise.
"The greatest feeling you can get in a gym, or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is... The Pump."

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

wjmathewsx
Rep: +780
Locker Roommates
« Reply #3: May 27, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »
I always refrigerate mine in the morning for about 15 minutes before drinking. It tastes better to me....Never had any problems. I like it cold.
1RM's

Bench 310
Squat 405
Deadlift 475
Total= 1190

everlastlift
Rep: +104
Locker Roommates
« Reply #4: May 27, 2010, 07:41:45 PM »
I always refrigerate mine in the morning for about 15 minutes before drinking. It tastes better to me....Never had any problems. I like it cold.
I think they're referring to the container itself... though i'm not positive. I do the same thing when its already mixed in water.
"The greatest feeling you can get in a gym, or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is... The Pump."

kohdii
Rep: +452
« Reply #5: May 27, 2010, 10:34:10 PM »
Yeah I wouldn't refridgerate the container it would definitely build up some moisture which will ruin it.

Cool dry place doesn't necesarily mean COOL, it generally means room temp/out of direct sunlight or off the floor heater. lol.
Train like you live in the wild.

http://kohdii.blogspot.com/

Eoiny
Rep: +5
Trust: 0%
« Reply #6: May 31, 2010, 06:23:36 AM »
The container? Or individual shakes? I dont refrigerate my container, but i always keep the shaker with milk/water in the fridge before mixing in the powder, cold milkshakes then :D

Keeping the container is a cool dark place will keep it fresh, i once left a container of cyclone on my window sill and it turned green...can only imagine it was from the heat of the sun! But i see no reason to keep it in the fridge  ;D
When i think i can't do it, i put on some bangin tunes and push out the last few reps!!

Copyright © 2017 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.