How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Partial Thickness supraspinatus tear.

Read 559 times

mjtuf1
Rep: +482
Trust: 100%
Partial Thickness supraspinatus tear. « : May 23, 2019, 07:58:26 AM »
I made a few posts about shoulder issues, and have finally gotten an MRI, and am posting this so maybe if someone else experienced this they can tell me what their outcome was.. 30 y/o male.

Weight lifter 10+ years, NEVER had shoulder issues, until it started 5 months ago.. Have been doing some rehab work, not lifting heavy anymore. Went for an MRI, and it revealed partial thickness supraspinatus tear. Doctor doesn't want to do surgery, was very laid back about it, and said it can go either way. She said I can continue to lift but go light, and monitor it. She said it can heal or it can get worse so to go easy on weights and monitor it.

Pain wise the shoulder has progressed but isn't 100% still. just concerned because I don't know if I'll ever get back to 100%.

Doctor said tear is in such a small area it wouldn't be practical to operate in it, and she may not be able to find the tear to fix.

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

bctuthill
Rep: +2,134
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: May 23, 2019, 09:02:08 AM »
You'll get back to 100%.  Most likely the tear was the result of an imbalance in strength and now that you'll be focusing on developing it you'll come out stronger in the long run.  Maybe you should try deep tissue laser therapy if available near you: https://www.litecure.com/medical/2015/04/5-things-you-should-know-about-deep-tissue-laser-therapy/

Might help you recover faster.

Good luck!

mjtuf1
Rep: +482
« Reply #2: May 23, 2019, 11:20:53 AM »
Thanx bro.

Just concerned cause its been going on such a long time now (5 months)

The mri said partial high grade... The doctor said good news is labrum and ac joint is healthy.. She said your shoulder tendon is a bit roughed up for a 30 y/o but she just saud monitor it.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!