How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Rotator cuff, labrum tear, bursitis?

Read 230 times

mjtuf1
Rep: +481
Trust: 100%
Rotator cuff, labrum tear, bursitis? « : April 02, 2019, 04:05:52 PM »
Still dealing with shoulder issues, doctor diagnosed me with rotator cuff inflammation w/ possible impingement..No mri, based on physical in office exam, offered mri if pain doesn't go away after a month (this was in February) My shoulder has the classic painful arc when moving it laterally.. The pain itself isn't bad, the concerning thing is this has been going on since December/January... I tried some rehab movements, and also tried avoiding some movements that cause the pain, but I'm now completely not lifting any weights not even squats until this is 100%.. Just want to ask if anyone has had any of the following issues and if it's possible I have something more serious.. My symptoms are painful arch between 60-120 degrees when raising the arm laterally, cracking sound when raising laterally, and pain in the side of my shoulder when doing any overhead lift or incline bench or even incline machine chest movements...

Flat bench isn't really a problem, last time I benched heavy 4 weeks ago I benched 255 flat bench easily and with no pain for 5 easy reps.. but then incline bench 195 caused pain in the side of my shoulder... any incline movement even if I do 135 causes that side shoulder pain.

I still have full range of motion in the shoulder, I can sleep on that side of the shoulder I'm not getting severe pain at night... If I really wanted to push through this I could bench press heavy weight still flat, just incline will cause some mild pain, and any over head shoulder work like standing ohp or seated dumbells.

Is it possible I can have a labrum tear?  Can 1 bench press heavy weight with a torn labrum? or is a serious rotator cuff tear possible? 

I can still lift heavy but incline and standing ohp is an aching lift, that will possibly cause some aching later that night.. I haven't benched heavy or done any heavy lifting in a week now and shoulders still sore.. the pain itself is a mild ache, but my concern is just how long this has been going on..

Anyone have any experience with a labrum or rotator cuff or other serious shoulder injury please respond here or message me
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 04:07:23 PM by mjtuf1 »

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

scholl24
Rep: +106
« Reply #1: April 04, 2019, 01:15:09 PM »
Hey brother, first things first I want to go ahead and say Im not a doctor, but both you and I seem to be in the same situation. My right shoulder has had problems for years now and its just something i never checked out, and I really should have. When flat benching I would have some pain in the connective muscle to from my peck to my shoulder. When i raise my arm I have the cracks and pops and rolls. Try this just to see stand up straight with your arms at your side, turn the back of your hand towards your body (back of hand facing your side or in front of you) and raise it laturally. You should find that you wont be able to get the same range of motion in the other shoulder.

Now, my advice is get the MRI

scholl24
Rep: +106
« Reply #2: April 04, 2019, 01:16:33 PM »
because I will be getting the exact same thing checked out. It sucks not being able to do overhead presses and having the pain in the shoulder. Good luck man. In my opinion, corrective surgery should be done (some doctors just say if it doesnt cause you pain all the time leave it alone)

mjtuf1
Rep: +481
« Reply #3: April 04, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »
Thanks for the advice, tried that movement you described and it's do able for me but very tight in the injured shoulder compared to the left un injured shoulder.. I don't have the pain from my pec muscle, it's just on the side delt area, side of my shoulder I feel a pinching pain and weakness any time I try to do anything incline or overhead, even light... been lifting 10 years never had this issue before until recently..

I'm now not lifting at all, I tried to do squat workouts a lot with this, but it aggravates the shoulder just having my hands on the bar squatting.. I'm doing stretches with a broomstick, and doing resistance band work internal and external rotations... I gotta say my shoulder is feeling better these past couple days and alittle bit loser, but still not 100%... I'm in the 80-90% trap these past few months too, My shoulder starts to feel like it's getting better and then I do any conservative lifting and then it flares up again.. So im now on the no lifting at all, just strictly cardio routine, and staying this way until the shoulders 100% for a while..

I just turned 30 this past fall, and I have 10 years lifting, so I'm not sure where to go from here, this might be it for my heavy lifting when I do get better/if I get better I may just stick to light lifting to keep my body and muscles ready for use but not trying to lift heavy.

The doctor was very laid back with me with the whole surgery thing, after a physical exam she said she doubts I need surgery and to just lift light for a while and avoid painful movements, and workout rotator cuff muscles.

My shoulders in a weird spot, If I was a few years younger and had that lift heavy mentality still, I'd be working out through this.. The thought here is I don't want to make this worse to where it becomes serious, and I don't want this to continue.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!