How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Intra workouts

Read 205 times

scholl24
Rep: +97
Trust: 100%
Intra workouts « : November 04, 2018, 05:53:58 AM »
So I really really like the idea of an intraworkout supp that is supposed to keep you pushing in the middle of your workout. I've tried ADABOLIC by STEEL and I wasnt too fond of it. Maybe I should give it another run....?

Whats your guy's take on intras? Are they necessary or do some of you see them as a waste?

If you can swear by a product, drop it down below so I can check it out!

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

DaSlaya
Rep: +2,893
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: November 04, 2018, 08:24:12 AM »
I personally enjoy taking my Amino's intra workout.  Especially ones with hydration aspects to it.  The best in the biz is Intra-Blast by Nutrabio.   Great recovery and some amazing hydration!!
-Chris

Clipper83
Rep: +4,419
Locker Roommates
« Reply #2: November 04, 2018, 08:38:42 AM »
HCBD or Carb 10 and electrolytes are a good base.
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

scholl24
Rep: +97
« Reply #3: November 05, 2018, 07:16:11 AM »
Thank you both!

MarsheS
Rep: +1,507
« Reply #4: November 05, 2018, 08:29:13 PM »
NutraBio Super Carb has been the best intra-workout from what I remember...

The way you take your intra-workout is also important. It's not the same to take it slowly during all your workout than to take all the dose immediately. I took all the dose of Super Carb immediately.

SDS1582
Rep: +93
Trust: 65%
« Reply #5: November 07, 2018, 11:10:46 AM »

NutraBio Super Carb has been the best intra-workout from what I remember...

The way you take your intra-workout is also important. It's not the same to take it slowly during all your workout than to take all the dose immediately. I took all the dose of Super Carb immediately.

Do you mean you took Super Carb all at once and then started your workout because wouldn't that mean you used it as a pre-workout?  Or did you mean that you started working out and then halfway through or whatever, you took the Super Carb all at once?  I was always under the impression that the whole point of taking an intraworkout is so that you are taking it gradually throughout your workout.
I'm asking specifically about Super Carb because the last time I ran it, I would drink the entire serving immediately AFTER working out with very positive results.  I'm thinking about trying it again possibly pre-workout or intraworkout.

DaSlaya
Rep: +2,893
Locker Roommates
« Reply #6: November 07, 2018, 11:38:29 AM »
I think a lot of it boils down to what you like, and how your body reacts.  I have taken Super Carb and ISO-Carb in the past, and you definitely want to stick with HBCDs.  I drink them during my workout as I like the gradual increase.  Typically I take my BCAAs (I stick with ones with hydration support as well) during my workout now before anything else.  Carbs can be taken before or after as well, it comes down to your diet, timing, and seeing best results.  Try taking it at different times for a week at a shot, best way to test it out.  That is typically how I figure it out.

Marshes actually knows the in's and out's of the timing much more than I do, as I just go off my gut feeling and how I think I am reacting.  He can provide more of the science behind versus my Bro Science.  :)
-Chris

MarsheS
Rep: +1,507
« Reply #7: November 07, 2018, 05:47:33 PM »
Do you mean you took Super Carb all at once and then started your workout because wouldn't that mean you used it as a pre-workout?  Or did you mean that you started working out and then halfway through or whatever, you took the Super Carb all at once? I was always under the impression that the whole point of taking an intraworkout is so that you are taking it gradually throughout your workout.
I'm asking specifically about Super Carb because the last time I ran it, I would drink the entire serving immediately AFTER working out with very positive results.  I'm thinking about trying it again possibly pre-workout or intraworkout.
I did the bold one, with 10oz of water. I also tried it taking it slowly (gradually throughout my workout)  and it didn't work the same (although I didn't try it this way a lot) because it was only 30 servings total and I tried it a lot of ways lol. You can check my review here if you want: https://supplementreviews.com/nutrabio/super-carb/review/gimme-fuel-gimme-fire-gimme-carbs-desire-54841#toprev

I think a lot of it boils down to what you like, and how your body reacts.  I have taken Super Carb and ISO-Carb in the past, and you definitely want to stick with HBCDs.  I drink them during my workout as I like the gradual increase.  Typically I take my BCAAs (I stick with ones with hydration support as well) during my workout now before anything else.  Carbs can be taken before or after as well, it comes down to your diet, timing, and seeing best results.  Try taking it at different times for a week at a shot, best way to test it out.  That is typically how I figure it out.

Marshes actually knows the in's and out's of the timing much more than I do, as I just go off my gut feeling and how I think I am reacting.  He can provide more of the science behind versus my Bro Science.  :)
Haha! Thanks @DaSlaya, next time I'll message you when I'm sad  ;D 8) The thing is people (including experts) sometimes seem to omit a lot of important details, forget about old studies, forget that one thing is the supplement and another thing is the way/path the ingredients take inside the body (which is another area of study), having the same importance as the study of the ingredient itself. I also think timing is very important, not only based on the ingredient but also based on the person taking it. An example of what I'm saying can be Glutamine. You read what Examine says (which is a great source) but people usually just stay with their title. When I went to read deeply their own sources, I found great things about Glutamine that for X, Y, Z reason they didn't include in their title/main parts. Another example can be Leucine, people think the Leucine from their whey supplement is the same as taking a Leucine supplement, that's very wrong or that the BCAA from their whey supplement is the same as the BCAA from a BCAA supplement... and so on.

mjtuf1
Rep: +479
« Reply #8: November 12, 2018, 06:02:48 PM »
I use bcaas intra workout, no complaints

Copyright © 2018 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.