Forum

Lifeobunting's Return to the Iron Fortress and Transformation

Read 1723 times

Lifeobunting
Rep: +254
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
Hey Everyone!

Time to make a glorious return to the forums! Over the past few years I've been distant and a non-gym going individual. I let myself go, I was unhappy, I decided to make a change in my life. After working on a farm for ten years it was time to leave, joined the Navy and shipped out Oct 2016. I built myself up before heading to boot camp to be a bit more prepared for the trials that awaited, it was much more simple than originally anticipated. When I got out of boot I was lean and muscular again, my run time was sub 10 mins for a mile and a half, 105 push ups in two minutes and 120 sit ups in two mins. Instead of continuing with this process I went to school and let myself go again. It was the same cycle, drink, party, smoke, buy Chinese food on the days to recover and fast food to take to class. By the end of my year of school my prt scores showed how much I let myself fall. I ran a 14:40 min mile/half did about 60 push ups and sit ups, barely passing. This should have been my wake up, it wasn't. I shipped out to Hawaii and within a week was on deployment for around seven months. I truly enjoyed my time at sea, I lost weight simply by not eating the same poo I was. I went from about 220 to 195 and not really that muscular anymore due to not lifting and not eating a proper diet. During port calls it was more of the same, drinking eating and enjoying myself (I don't feel bad about these times at all.) When deployment was over I gained all the weight back and went back to drinking, eating and not working out. After a couple months of this, and a change of homeport it was time for my brothers wedding. I loved every minute of seeing family and thought myself damn hot stuff in my new handmade suits from Singapore. Then I noticed a picture posted online from the rehearsal dinner. I hated everything about what I saw, See the first picture in the green shirt. I was 220+ not muscular at all and while I was emotional in a good place physically it was apparent to me after seeing that that something needed to change.

Time for a change! I met an amazing woman post wedding at home, she's in law enforcement and I knew that I couldn't let her be in better shape than me, I mean come on, hah. I wanted to be better and will continue to grow due to her being in my life. From June 2018 to August 2018, my birthday, I changed my diet, went to the gym every day post work except duty days and got back into the swing of being a gym rat. I went from 220+lbs to 190 due to a strict diet of 800-1400 calories a day and really focusing on cardio post lifting. I ran anywhere from 4-8 miles a day on the elliptical (It works better for me, I don't use the grips and just run like normal adjusting the resistance for HIIT training.) My diet was key and I stuck to it, salads, chicken, oatmeal,fruits/veggies, protein, and frozen power bowls as my primary sustenance. I stopped drinking except maybe once a week, if that.

Time to workout! My workouts were: day off-going duty (duty=24 hour work day on the boat every 4 days) Chest, Back, Arms/Shoulders/Legs, Duty... rinse and repeat everything followed by my runs. I used my duty day as a rest day and would eat more on the 1400 calorie side of things these days. The beginning was difficult as expected but after the first couple weeks I got used to it again and added my supplement knowledge back into the mix.

Time for a new stack! My fat-burning stack looked like this:
Fat burner= Finaflex Pro Xanthine 500 XT (see review here https://supplementreviews.com/redefine/pro-xanthine-500-xt/review/pro-xanthine-500-xt-powerful-fat-49903
Protein=ON Whey, ON Casein (do you really need a link for these?)
TBooster= DAA (see review here https://supplementreviews.com/ai-sports-nutrition/d-aspartic-acid/review/22125#toprev )
Creatine= Concrete (reviews https://supplementreviews.com/promera-health/con-cret )
BCAA= ON Amino Energy (https://supplementreviews.com/optimum/essential-amino-energy)
Multi= Animal Pak (https://supplementreviews.com/universal/animal-pak)
Pre-Workout= Just Beta Alanine (look it up)

Time to continue! From August till now I have continued the diet, though less absolutely strict, and cycled off of the Fat Burner, Tbooster, and Creatine. I have continued to see results since then and am about to start a bulk. I hope you all will follow along with this journey of mine! I have a new stack planned and a new diet plan as well as gym regiment. I will post more details once things get shipped here and I start it up. Over the next few days I will be posting my workouts used to get in the shape I am now as well as what worked and didn't work during this time. I am proud of how far I've come already and will only continue to push on to be a better me, for those around me, those I care about, and those that trust me to do my job. The second picture posted is from Oct 2nd

Until later, It is great to be back SR Fam!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 10:58:42 PM by Lifeobunting »
Nothing can take place of persistence. Talent will not. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not. The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence, determination and hard work make the difference.

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,051
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: October 07, 2018, 06:52:51 AM »
Way to go, good to see your back on track.
Keep it going.......

Clipper83
Rep: +4,419
Locker Roommates
« Reply #2: October 18, 2018, 01:49:56 PM »
Awesome stuff!
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

Frankiemusc
Rep: +3,764
Locker Roommates
« Reply #3: October 18, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »
Great stuff
There’s no wrong time to do the right thing

Clipper83
Rep: +4,419
Locker Roommates
« Reply #4: October 18, 2018, 05:47:23 PM »
Stuff !
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

Copyright © 2018 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.