Forum

My getting back to strength routine

Read 8778 times

Tlifter
Rep: +12
Trust: 21%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #15: August 24, 2018, 05:12:41 PM »
I am very very pleased with my maxes. They were much higher than my calculated maxes. My squat is 245lbs, bench press is 155lbs, standing barbell overhead press is 95lbs, and deadlift is 280lbs. I think I would have higher bench press and deadlift maxes if it was not for my pec strain and lifting light on the deadlift for a couple weeks to focus on form. That said, my maxes are much higher than the calculated maxes and since this was a novice program, reinforcing form is more important than how much weight you can lift. Next week I am going to test my 3-5 rep maxes on the squat and deadlift non-belted. This is not part of the program, rather I need to know those maxes to do speed squats and speed deadlifts on Candito's Novice Linear Strength/Power program and I want to do them non-belted to help strengthen my lower back. I will be deloading my bench press and overhead press next week and the following week I am going to deload everything so I can start my new program feeling rested and strong.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:16:47 PM by Tlifter »

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,099
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #16: August 24, 2018, 06:00:27 PM »
Great job......

RobertMc1982
Rep: +688
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #17: August 25, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »
Nice man, good work. 
Date of profile pic: 7/13/18

Tlifter
Locker Roommates
« Reply #18: August 26, 2018, 11:20:51 PM »
Thanks! Its great having everyone's support. I have been pondering whether to run my program again or switching to Candito's novice program ever since I saw my maxes. My boss told me he wants me to get "big and strong." Those were literally his words. Haha. Since my program is probably better for hypertrophy and I liked my strength results, I think I'm going to take a deload week this week and do another cycle of my routine. I'm by no means a bodybuilder but I noticed my chest got bigger fast. I recently noticed I have two stretch marks over my pecs. Sorry if that sounded like TMI, but my point is that I have never gotten this big so fast. I prefer low reps high weight, but I care about strength results more than anything else and this worked for strength and size. This time I'm going to squat and deadlift non-belted because by the end of the last cycle I felt my lower back was a little weak. I am going to change a couple of accessories as well, but I'm going to keep the sets and reps the same and keep some of the accessories. At the end of the cycle when I test my maxes, I will wear my belt and if I run this a third time, I will run it with a belt.

Tlifter
Locker Roommates
« Reply #19: August 29, 2018, 01:30:26 AM »
My deload week has been slightly different so far than deload weeks I have taken in the past. Instead of only doing the same exercises I do, but light. I am having fun doing a little of that, but also trying out a couple exercises I might want to add and just having fun, but since it is still a deload week, I am trying not to push any of those exercises too hard. For example, I squatted today, but did more sets than usual, but pyramided up and then down keeping it light and only did back extensions and step-ups as accessories. I was bored during part of the day because I was between clients, but did not have enough time to head home or do much else so I just gave my biceps a good workout, which I never do. I usually hate working my biceps and as a powerlifter, I don't have to. As I said, I was bored so I did it anyways. I am hoping that my maxes after this next wave will be Squat 265lbs, Bench Press 175lbs, Deadlift 315lbs (but that is going to be tough. I will be happy with 300lbs.), and overhead press 115lbs.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:25:36 PM by Tlifter »

Tlifter
Locker Roommates
« Reply #20: September 14, 2018, 11:32:13 PM »
I had a good week last week and this week except I did a bad job judging my RPE this week. I might have pushed the weights a little too much. I'm feeling like I'm ready to move on to something else. I have found that I really like undulating periodization and/or RPE programs and really do not like linear periodization. The weights get too heavy too fast. All of the programs say start too light, but even doing that doesn't stop it. My biggest dislike of linear programs is the stalling. I hate stalling and I hate lightening the weights to get over a stall. I would rather undulate the weights so it takes longer for me to stall.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!