Rob from Roar

Read 643 times

« Reply #15: July 12, 2018, 05:03:33 AM »
Hi Rob,

I saw you added some products to the dashboard seeking reviews, thanks for that.  When I then went to do some reading on Testofuel and Instant Knockout, I didn't seem to be able to find the ingredient labels anywhere.  Do you know where I can find it posted?  I was only able to find the list of ingredients contained in each product, but not their dosages.

I don't know how to add images on this forum software, I'll have to give you the links to the ingredients pages on our websites:

The full supplement facts tables are on there.

4 Gauge was a tough one to formulate without using artificial sweeteners. We've done a great job with it.

« Reply #16: July 12, 2018, 05:11:10 AM »
Hi Rob,

I could just add those to the database. Just have to decide what product category they belong to or if I should just add a new one.

That's a great idea. The more types of products, the better. Once we've got things in order, we're going to start reaching out to more brands.

One of the sections I'd like to add is workout guides. There's a lot of crappy products in this area and some of them are quite expensive.

We've recently put together a brand that I'm really proud of www.bossworkouts.com there's 4 programs on there, each program is a collaboration between the host trainer in North America and our sport scientists in the UK.

It's a one time payment, lifetime access, you get all the videos and ebooks. There's everything you need in there.

Would any be interested in trying those?

« Reply #17: July 12, 2018, 05:16:16 AM »
When we first started the ER program, we had a chance to win stacks through fun interaction in the forums which I thought was a blast. Love  to see more interesting logs as well.

That's been noted.

Giving out our products is easy to do, we can quite easily do a monthly competition for those. But you won't want the same supplements each month. We only have 3 products.

Trying to get freebies from supplement brands will take a bit of doing. We may look to include that in the sponsors on the website. We could require each sponsor to run regular competitions.

Wis3guy
Posts: 3342
« Reply #18: July 12, 2018, 09:52:19 AM »
I'm sure there will be interest in programs, maybe a contest to win one?  Logs are a good thing, they tend to come and go.  Reviews for things we use is always a plus.  Nice to see the interest you have in continuing to improve the site.

« Reply #19: July 12, 2018, 10:11:50 AM »

When we've made a few modifications to the site, we'll add the programs into the vault and people can claim them.

It's a bigger commitment than supplements. You need to spend a bit of time going through the videos and ebooks to learn about the program and then follow it for 3 months.

Xcmiler
Posts: 96
« Reply #20: July 12, 2018, 10:21:52 AM »

Would any be interested in trying those?

I would definitely be interested in the programs as I like to change my routine up.  I have purchased some other plans (from other companies) and they were subpar so looking forward to trying this if you offer it up to us all.

« Reply #21: July 12, 2018, 11:31:42 AM »
We've listed our products in the vault for you guys to try. The pre workout 4 Gauge is popular, 4 claimed in the last 24 hours.

No one has touched TestoFuel or Instant Knockout. Anyone here want to try a testosterone booster or fat burner? Head over to the vault https://supplementreviews.com/vault

« Reply #22: July 12, 2018, 11:33:40 AM »

Ok man, bear with me. I'll get them up there as soon as we can.

We would love detailed feedback on the programs, we spent a lot of time putting them together. We're really proud of them.

Wis3guy
Posts: 3342
« Reply #23: July 12, 2018, 12:55:02 PM »
Yeah, honestly I have done all of the following and always looking for other programs.
Insanity
Asylum 1
Asylum 2
T25
P90x2
Body beast
and a few others I can't remember.

Sometimes it's just fun not to think.... Just do what your told.

DaSlaya
Posts: 1010
« Reply #24: July 12, 2018, 04:01:20 PM »
Here are my initial thoughts on the site and some future ideas that I have been thinking about.  It will be in a sustain, improve, recommendation format, as I am a military man, so you get a military style of a response.

Sustain
- Bounty Program:  This has been great to get popular searched items a review, I personally love it.
- Bounty Reward Points:  This helps to get people to review more than just TROOP items with some reward for their time.
- No time limits on TROOP items:  Since Tommy changed this, its been great.  I used to see a product and want to claim it asap since it would only be available for a few days, and at times I did not need that type of product.  Now I can just plan out ahead of time and get things as needed, this was a huge change.
-Review and Site Standards:  No deviation should exist here, the format and the community votes are great to keep people in check that write lazy, biased, or sloppy reviews.  We owe it to provide a good review since we are getting free things.   Keep diming out and banning those that miss reviews and end up stealing products as they are a detriment to this site.

Improves
- TROOP page functionality:  Would be cool to have an option like on the bounty page to view a big list vs pics of supplements. Also, being able to organize by company vs just type would be cool too I think.
- Profile Page functionality:  I would love to look at peoples pages and sort by supplement type of what they reviewed.  For example I could go to Wis3guy's page and see all the Whey Proteins he reviewed instead of just in order or by most helpful.

Recommendations
-Stack Reviews: Stealing some ideas brought up already;  have companies give out a stack of their supplements, and the reviewer would have to keep a Log/Journal of the stack as a whole as they go (maybe a minimum once a week posting) and owe a review of all the single products after.  I did this with REDCON1 products I purchased in the past and found it quite fun.  This could give companies incentive to get a lot reviewed at once.
- SR Certification:  STACK3D does testing and certifies products then slaps their label on them when they pass.  This obviously gives a competitive advantage in the supplement world.   Some companies (RCSS, REDCON1, Nutrabio) already use the SR logo on their web page, which is awesome for us!  Maybe tell companies that if their product has at least 5 reviews and meets a certain overall threshold (8 or above or whatever) they get an SR Certification or SR Approved type thing.  If in fact this site does matter in the supp world, then this could be a cool thing.
- More publicity = more reviewers:  More word of mouth out there for this site, and more reviewers here.  Obviously we will weed through them and get rid of the slack jawed rejects that can't write, and hopefully catch any trying to game or cheat the system, but more reviewers means more traction on this site.  I am not a marketing guy, but we need to somehow push to get some more quality folks.  If I had any friends I would tell them, but here we are......

Just some initial thoughts from the mind of Chris!  What say you all??

One more thing, I am curious how you guys will handle reviews of your own products since you own the site.  Lets worst case it, and say you get a bad review, does that either give the site more credibility by leaving it up and you telling other companies, look I do not remove reviews?  Or will you just remove it?  Obviously, I am assuming you will not, but I just have a hard time getting my head wrapped around a supplement company owning this site.  I am thinking it will give the site more credibility and be a great thing, but hard to say.....maybe I am just a negative person.  Please do not take any offense to this statement, none intended, its just new to me is all.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:06:45 PM by DaSlaya »

Asylum 2
T25
P90x2
Body beast
and a few others I can't remember.

Sometimes it's just fun not to think.... Just do what your told.

Wow, that's a lot. I started working out about 16 years ago, I followed a few programs for a couple of years and then have just made up my own workouts since then.

We'll get Boss up soon for you to follow.

« Reply #26: July 13, 2018, 03:05:26 PM »

Sustain

Improves

Recommendations

Just some initial thoughts from the mind of Chris!  What say you all??

Brilliant! exactly the kind of input that we're looking for.

I'll save all these feedback and then we'll go through it when we've got a hold of the website and have the resources in place to make the changes.

As for a supplements company owning the website. Our plan it to run it similar to the way that Tommy was running it but giving our products a lot visibility. We only have 3 products, we can plaster the site with ads for those, people will get sick of them.

We won't be editing or deleting any negative reviews about our products. There's a bad one up, we haven't deleted that. We're confident in our products, I'm sure that we'll score a good rating over time.

Once we get geared up and running properly, we're have a lot more resources to put into the website. Good things are coming.

DaSlaya
Posts: 1010
« Reply #27: July 13, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »
Sounds great Rob!  Appreciate the candid response!
-Chris

deBruijn
Posts: 60
« Reply #28: July 15, 2018, 05:36:08 AM »
Maybe some improved search options could improve the site a bit. There is an option to search for a certein ingredient. Personally I would value an option to search for a combination of ingredients and see which supps contain them. Perhaps even a sorting option for rating/price etc?

Clipper83
Posts: 5939
« Reply #29: July 15, 2018, 10:16:03 AM »

Tommy tried this, and there were quite a few issues with it all around. It's still kind of there, but updating it is a nightmare, and brands ted to be huge complainers of it.
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

Sign up or Log in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2018 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.