How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Training at home.

Read 1206 times

E-2016
Rep: +272
Trust: 100%
Training at home. « : May 31, 2018, 10:14:01 AM »
Is anyone training at a home gym (garage/house)?

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,098
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: May 31, 2018, 11:43:42 AM »
Yes, I haven't had a gym membership in years.  However take into account the following.

Heavy duty squat rack
Olympic bar
ez curl bar
weights lots
Dumb bells pairs 5 to 65#
Kettle bells 5 to 35#
treadmill
elliptical

all in my basement.
Still have access to my gym where I teach, which has freee standing heavy bags, more space and where I leave the kettle bells.

mjtuf1
Rep: +481
« Reply #2: May 31, 2018, 04:11:50 PM »
I used to train at home when I was a new be and I never really made much progress... I learned a lot in the gym, was able to try new lifts when having people spot me, and I use equipment at my home like a squat rack and power rack and Olympic bench that I don't really have room for at home.

When I started going to gym the results took off

E-2016
Rep: +272
« Reply #3: May 31, 2018, 06:19:40 PM »
I ask because I'm back to the home gym. Have my kids for the summer so with them and work I can't leave for the gym. I have the Squat Rack, Bench with Bar, 2 heavy bags a double end bag, speed bag pull up bar enough weigh in plates and dumbbells a treadmill, bike and bow flex. What besides different squats and Romanian dead lifts is everyone doing to hit all the parts of the leg?

BroteinBoy
Rep: +1,070
« Reply #4: May 31, 2018, 09:38:54 PM »
Lots of respect to you guys who workout and have success at home, I am WAY too easily distracted for that to work for me lol

Jags70
Rep: +227
« Reply #5: June 03, 2018, 10:30:03 AM »
I have a little how gym with everything I need. If I'm going heavy ill hit up the gym though for safety reasons. Give the Spartacus workout a try at home if you're looking for something that'll kick your ass.

Zsteinf
Rep: +1,400
« Reply #6: June 03, 2018, 02:28:14 PM »
I trained at home in the past but I hated not having all the weights or equipment I used at the gym. It was easier to workout for me at home, but I decided to get back in the gym. The only way I knew to get more out of a workout at home with the low weight was burn outs. When I did not have the equipment I wanted, I would try a modified version or Google a replacement set. It was hard to always find something and I knew when I did a modify one, it was never the same. If home is were you can do it, you can always find ways to get the job done. Do not let this problem slow you down.  I have read your post and know you can do it. Do what you can and enjoy it.

archcherub
Rep: 0
Trust: 0%
« Reply #7: September 06, 2018, 08:16:30 AM »
Is anyone training at a home gym (garage/house)?

beside free weights, what are some good and affordable equipments that we can buy for home training? I was thinking free weights... and i can't think of anything else. lol. the usual gym machines are pretty expensive and my room has no extra space too.

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,098
Locker Roommates
« Reply #8: September 06, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »
Jump Rope
Dumbells
Kettle Bells
Box (step ups and such)
Bands

What kind of workouts do you want to do?

archcherub
« Reply #9: September 06, 2018, 09:10:19 AM »
Jump Rope
Dumbells
Kettle Bells
Box (step ups and such)
Bands

What kind of workouts do you want to do?

wow! thanks for sharing. box would be really useful for step ups.

i wanna do more exercise to build muscles but i do need lots of cardio to improve stamina now
thanks!

Dyla854
« Reply #10: December 13, 2018, 07:22:38 AM »
Hi, E-2016. I often do home workouts. My favorite workouts from NeilRay. This is a workout of superheroes, which is an additional motivation)))
Kinds of cardio such as jogging or cycling are always available. I also highly recommend jumping rope. There are also many types of strap performance, and this is an exercise for almost all muscle groups. And just Google to help. Good luck to you!  and by the way, for those who have women who are also actively involved in sports, I strongly recommend them to use the most convenient. clothes, such as leggings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzS1_NOHO08 because uncomfortable clothes can be harmful to health.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:54:32 AM by Dyla854 »

SDS1582
Rep: +140
« Reply #11: December 13, 2018, 08:23:51 AM »
I don't do a lot at home but I probably should to supplement my actual gym workouts.  I plan on having a small home gym when I finish my basement in a year or two.  At that point, I'm sure I'll start accumulating more and more stuff and gradually work out at home more and more.  I used to have a treadmill, now I don't even have that. I have a toddler at home so sometimes going to the gym is a good way just to get away and I find it relaxing.  If I had a home gym, I imagine, he'd bust in to see what daddy is doing :)

mjtuf1
Rep: +481
« Reply #12: December 15, 2018, 12:49:12 PM »
To be fair though, I should mention that when I did used to workout at home yrs back youtube and other video streaming services either werent known to me or werent available and certainly didnt have the content it has now...I learned a ton of good tips and pointers on things from good form and techniques to good movements online that I didnt know when I was new..

As someone now, with over 10 years gym experience, my only problem with working out at home is I just dont have space for the equipment....If I had a BIG HOUSE with a BIG basement where I can fit a full dumbell rack going from 5s all the way to 125s and a full squat rack, a power rack, a full size olympic bench and incline bench and some machines and cardio equip then yes I could do well training at home.

I used to be really shy in the gym now I talk to alot of people here and there so I do like the social aspect of the gym though now.

As a new bie, working out at home even with all the equipment wouldnt of been as ideal because I had no clue how to workout properly and had no youtube back then to give tips and pointers...I learned alot not just from youtube but from being in the gym as well.

power
Rep: +175
« Reply #13: December 16, 2018, 07:59:40 AM »

What besides different squats and Romanian dead lifts is everyone doing to hit all the parts of the leg?

If you don't have a leg curl you can tie weights to something like a towel and do standing single leg curls with it around your ankle. You won't be able to lower it all the way but you will have constant tension. You can do sissy squats, lunges, and good mornings. If you have a yard you can do farmers carries or carry a big rock. You can load up a wheel barrow and go around your yard.
You don't need fancy equipment to get a good workout.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!