God's Plan: The Summer Log

Read 14741 times

htevans
Rep: +1,186
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #45: June 18, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »
Day 35

Training: Even sicker. I just rested all day. Hoping to get into the gym tomorrow at least for some kind of workout.

Supplementation: I don't know if its due to the Eradicate-E but my left knee has been killing me. It would be kind of odd for it to be the arimistane because 1) the joint discomfort from arimistane was mostly felt in my wrists and ankles 2) the arimistane induced joint discomfort has already subsided with high doses of fish oil and 3) I haven't missed any fish oil doses. Hopefully it clears up soon.

Calories: 2,000-2,500. Had too much untrackable food at a family get together to accurately guess the macros but I'm relatively sure the calorie range is close to accurate.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #46: June 18, 2018, 02:39:44 PM »
Day 36

Training: Still felt terrible but I managed to drag myself for a modest pull workout. I've decided to alter my program a bit and alternate between a light and heavy day (both in volume and weight) for PPL. Didn't manage to get any cardio or abs in because I could barely finish my workout. On the bright side, I was able to get some decent footage of my deadlifting form and while its not perfect, its not too bad either. Certainly gives me the confidence I need to power through the next pull workout.

Supplementation: Loving the MRE for breakfast. I have less than a week left on EC and then I'll be getting off stims for a bit. Not going cold turkey though - I'll probably limit myself to a small glass of cold brew and scoop of focus XT before the gym, but eventually even those will go.

Calories: 1,750 Protein: 175g Carbohydrate: 120g Fat: 30g. Macros are probably a little off with there being a little more fat and carbs but close enough.
GWU Class of 2018

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,099
Locker Roommates
« Reply #47: June 18, 2018, 06:50:40 PM »
Get better soon, don't you know your not supposed to get sick in the summer!

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #48: June 19, 2018, 12:30:46 PM »
Thanks - unfortunately there's only so much you can do when you're getting basically quarantined with the sick people in your cubicle space smh.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #49: June 19, 2018, 12:36:12 PM »
Day 37

Training: Still sick so I took today off again. Absolutely hated every minute of it because I'm dying to go hit a squat PR but I can't squat or do cardio when I can hardly stop wheezing. Thankfully I'm feeling better today (day 38) as I write this.

Supplementation: No real updates but I did update the lists on the first page to keep it current. Changes coming later this week.

Calories: Approximately 2,250. Not even going to bother estimating the macros on the chili I make but I know its macro friendly just by eyeballing the ingredients I use - the sodium could be reduced but low-sodium tomato sauce is no bueno.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #50: June 22, 2018, 07:59:52 AM »
Day 38

Training: I decided to just go do some cardio today even though I'm still under the weather. I did 1 hour of cardio.

Supplementation: No updates to report yet but I'm winding down on the Eradicate-E.

Calories: Approximately 2,250 untrackable macros
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #51: June 22, 2018, 08:04:54 AM »
Day 39

Training: I was uncharacteristically feeling really down today so I took the day off to just get some mental R&R.

Supplementation:  I just claimed a new multi from TROOPS and it looks pretty cool and different than what I had expected. I'll be finished with Eradicate-E on Friday so I'm hoping to get at least two more workouts in on it. I'll miss it but I'll be glad to not have to take a whole school's worth of fish oil. That being said, I'll probably taper it down.

Calories: Had a relatively clean but significant cheat. Probably hit close to 3,250.
GWU Class of 2018

MarsheS
Rep: +1,532
« Reply #52: June 22, 2018, 08:08:39 AM »
lol, it's true, now when you tell people they are getting sick, they tell you that it's an allergy xD!

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #53: June 22, 2018, 08:10:51 AM »
Day 40:

Training: I hit legs today and although I had to stop a few times to cough up some mucus, I killed it. I set PRs on most movements either in terms of weight, form (i.e. same weight but much better form/execution), reps, or some combination of the three. I also replaced RDL with barbell step-ups. I'll be doing those twice a week now and really enjoy the movement. At first I tried to sub in smith machine lunges but I quickly remembered just how much I hate lunges. I also did 30 mins of cardio and a long ab workout later in the day since I had a day off from work.

Calories: Approximately 2,000 Protein: 145g Carbohydrate: 235g Fat: 40g. I felt so hungry but with my middle abs showing I told myself it was worth the hunger pangs to see the last two.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #54: June 22, 2018, 08:12:08 AM »
lol, it's true, now when you tell people they are getting sick, they tell you that it's an allergy xD!
It is the worst! I lost a good 5 days of progress overall to this sickness. Its not even that bad either but its just enough to make me cool it before I make it worse.
GWU Class of 2018

RobertMc1982
Rep: +688
Locker Roommates
« Reply #55: June 25, 2018, 05:57:52 AM »
Congrats on the PR's!  Hopefully you're feeling 100% now.
Date of profile pic: 7/13/18

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #56: June 25, 2018, 11:13:14 AM »
Day 41:

Training: Just did some cardio.

Supplementation: Last day of Eradicate-E. Going to miss it, to some extent.

Calories: Approximately 2,400. Ate some junk so I'm afraid to think of the macros.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #57: June 25, 2018, 11:20:41 AM »
Day 42:

Training: I had planned to put an indulgent day to good use so I chose to do a push day workout (it was next up anyways). This was my first lift in weeks without at least one PR. I was able to push the same weights, but not for the same amount of reps nor in the same amount of time so I wound up dropping the weight and doing an extra set here and there to compensate. Looks like the arimistane did make a difference. I was also pretty dehydrated so I'll have to see if my next Pull and Legs workout is just as rough.

Supplementation: First day off of Eradicate-E. I'm curious to see if coming off the arimistane is actually to blame for the mediocre workout. A myriad of other factors, mainly dehydration, were also at play so all hope is not lost - yet. If it is to blame then I may have to hop back on this as soon as the waiting period is up.

Calories: Approximately 4,000. It was already an indulgent day at the National BBQ Festival in DC. It was my third year going and I absolutely love this event. However, things took a turn for the worse after my friend guilt tripped me into hanging with him at the new bar he got a job at. I had about 8 beers so I'll assume the worst. At least I got a workout in.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #58: June 25, 2018, 11:32:58 AM »
Day 43

Training: I did an hour of cardio and some abs today to help compensate for an epic splurge yesterday.

Supplementation: Second day off arimistane and I haven't noticed any big visual effects yet. I was a bit bloated, but I attribute that to last night rather than anything else. My joints feel about the same, but I have decreased my fish oil intake by about half so far. I'm expecting all of that to clear up within the next few days.

Calories: 2,250 Protein: 165g Carbohydrate: 290g Fat: 55g
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #59: June 26, 2018, 09:45:52 AM »
Day 44

Training: I did 40 mins of cardio and some arms. It doesn't fit into my PPL routine but if you don't have some fun in the gym then you'll burn out. I was surprised to find that I didn't lose all the strength gains I had feared as I was still curling around 10lbs more from when I started with nearly the same amount of reps (a few less). Looks like dehydration may have just done me in the other day.

Supplementation: I have to get some reviews up for Cluster Bomb, Ep1logue, Amnes1a, and Total Go. Expect those all up by the end of next week. Spoiler: nothing too bad to say about any of them.

Calories: 2,200 Protein: 160g Carbohydrate: 275g Fat: 45g. Left myself some room for halo top and thoroughly rewarded myself for that decision later. I used to love Halo Top then got a bit burned out. I recently started trying their newer flavors and fell back in love. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Red Velvet, and Vanilla Maple (non-dairy) are delicious. I also tried the Pancakes and Waffles flavor and it is surprisingly good. Saving that for the drunchies though.
GWU Class of 2018

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!