God's Plan: The Summer Log

Read 14913 times

htevans
Rep: +1,186
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #15: May 24, 2018, 06:25:08 AM »
Day 11

I crushed it at the gym today; I set a few PRs but my DB Flies took a 5lb hit (oh well). I have decided to just go immediately after work so I can't find an excuse or lose too much energy to go. I wanted to hit Pull Day A but my knees were not about to deadlift so I went with Push B. I also threw in 20 minutes of cardio and a light ab session to work my way back into hitting abs. I was surprised to see some striations and cuts, especially in my shoulders, given the crazy weekend celebrations. I also think I noticed a new vein or two showing but I'm not positive on that. Maybe its worth killing my joints after all...

Supplementation: I took 8 high concentration (VC) fish oil caps and about 10 low concentration (Kirkland) fish oil caps because my joints were begging me for it. I'll probably stick with this schedule - maybe it will even aid in fat loss. I found some old ElastiJoint from Labrada that I started taking and I've pulled the trigger on more Orange Triad + Greens. The dry joints are really no joke and I'm determined to power through. I've also started using TBN's Total Go Whey and its not too bad but I have to say I liked VMI's strawberry flavor a bit more. VMI's Aminogex Ultra is also delicious so this may just be a company-wide thing with them. I would highly recommend trying their stuff out and should have reviews up this week for the RCSS Pump Shot, Protolyte, and Flex-O-Mega.

Calories: Approximately 1900 Protein: 170g Carbohydrates: 205g Fat: 45g. My goal for this week is hit 2000 so this was a little short but not too bad.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 06:35:29 AM by htevans »
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #16: May 25, 2018, 06:51:16 AM »
Day 12

My gym session was bitter sweet. It was Pull A day for me so I had planned to crush some sumo deadlifts, but I was weary of my dry joints. I just pulled the trigger on a knee sleeve set but I have a Rehband for my left knee so I threw that on and it made a world of difference. Unfortunately, my ankles felt like twigs and so I had to hang tight at a lower weight and just up my reps. It was kind of disappointing to me because I felt strong af and probably could have pulled double the weight if it wasn't for my ankles. I'm going to get some ankle sleeves on Amazon in help in the meantime because leg day will be a pipe dream in this current state. The rest of my workout went smoothly and I was adding 5-10lbs on just about every movement. Hopefully this fish oil will kick in soon so I can really get to killing it.

Supplementation: I want to attribute the strength gains to Eradicate-E but they could be from Ep1logue. It may also help that I tend to take Ep1logue with green tea extract caps. Certainly the leaning that is starting to kick in is from Eradicate-E as are the painfully dry joints. I find it odd that only my ankles really seem to be bothered with the exception of some slight wrist discomfort on exercises with supination. On another note, the Amnes1a is really effective. It is a subtle onset and I feel better than when I just take straight melatonin. That being said, the grogginess in the morning is no joke but thankfully a good ol' EC dose does the trick.

Calories: Approximately 2250 Protein: 120g Carbohydrate: 250g Fat: 55g. I came in pretty close to my goal and then decided to kick back with a glass of Macallan 12 and a RYJ 1875 toro with a friend. Well worth the 200 calories to be honest.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:23:33 AM by htevans »
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #17: May 27, 2018, 02:10:00 PM »
Day 13

I had planned to hit legs today as my knee and ankle sleeves were supposed to arrive today but of course I get the email to pick them up after my apartment's package office has closed. So I just did some light cardio and a little arm work instead. The joints are starting to feel a little better but I'm on so much fish oil y'all would think I'm about to grow gills. I'm anxious to see how my joints hold up during leg day though so we'll see.

Supplementation: I've been pretty consistent with the various supplements I'm taking but I must admit I've been slacking on the greens powders as I have been too lazy to make smoothies in the morning. I'm going to try and work on that or just start taking it straight again. Additionally, I'm curious as to whether I should up the arimistane dosage to 75mg a day starting next week. I don't want to dry out my joints more but I also have enough to last nearly 8 weeks at the 2 caps a day I'm at now so it is tempting to add another cap and likely see even more results. Decisions decisions. I'm also beginning to wonder if the Ep1logue is working or if its just the arimistane. I can't tell but I just feel all around stronger so I have no complaints. In hindsight it may have been best to finish Ep1logue first to have a better control but oh well.

Calories: Approximately 2000 Protein: 160g Carbohydrates: 170g Fat: 75g. My office ordered Shake Shack today for the holiday so I had to fit a double hamburger in my macros but it was doable. I only a little disappointed I didn't get to eat another Healthy Choices Power Bowl - I've quickly become addicted to those things.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #18: May 27, 2018, 02:29:38 PM »
Day 14

I got my sleeves in today and was greeted with a welcome surprise - a Syntha 6 Chocolate Milkshake sample. I've always wanted to try Syntha-6 all these years but somehow I never have. I'll be excited to try it out in the coming days. Today was Leg Day A for me and I was really worried I wouldn't be able to do half of what I was doing before due to 1) it being a little over a week since I hit legs 2) joint, especially ankle, pain. Needless to say I was surprised when I set PRs for just about every lift. I had to skip calves though because my ankles were just not ready for calve raises - hopefully I can get to those on Leg Day B in a few days. The sleeves really helped but I still felt some snap crackle and pops in my feet as I did front squats and step ups but it was nothing painful. Still, I decided it wasn't a smart move to do calves. I had planned on doing abs today but I decided to do them tomorrow since its an active rest (i.e. cardio) day and I'll be more refreshed.

Supplementation: I really think the arimistane is starting to kick in from the leaning side of things. I noticed some more definition in my abs and my arms when relaxed. Plus, I seem to be hitting at least 1 PR each gym session. I feel significantly stronger to the point where I can't just write it off as a having "good day." The libido boost from arimistane is just absolutely ridiculous too. Between the strength boost, the leaning, and the unquenchable desire I've been feeling amazing. This is turning out to be one of my better supplementation decisions.

Calories: Approximately: 1800 Protein: 115g Carbohydrate: 215g Fat: 35g. My macro ratios weren't what I would have liked them to be but I decided to have some Guinness and a cigar with a friend. Name me a better beer to pair with a cigar (especially a maduro). I'll wait. I'm estimating the calories on the Guinness but even if I was a bit off I should still be within my overall calorie goal for the day.
GWU Class of 2018

DaSlaya
Rep: +2,966
SR TROOPers
« Reply #19: May 27, 2018, 05:24:10 PM »
In my opinion the only thing to pair with a cigar is a scotch!  My preference Macellan 15 year and a Cohiba or Monte Cristo, perfection!
-Chris

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #20: May 28, 2018, 10:58:42 AM »
Donít sleep on rum for pairing with a cuban.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #21: May 29, 2018, 07:41:13 AM »
Day 15

Training: I just did some cardio today. The sleeves made a noticeable difference in how everything felt. I skipped abs again but I did a little more cardio than usual. I'll be hitting abs and Push A tomorrow and I'm excited to see if the strength gains I've been experiencing so far will carry over into my poverty bench.

Supplementation: I've finally reached that sweet spot in dosages so everything is staying the same for now. I just got some stinging nettle and quercetin+bromelain from Whole Foods for free too so I'm throwing that in with the mix because it can only help. Just a cap of those a day so far. Still deciding if I should ramp up on the Eradicate-E dosage.

Calories: Approximately: 1600 Protein:150g Carbohydrate: 170g Fat: 40g. This is close to where I want be, albeit with a tad more fat and carbohydrates making up the bulk of another 400 calories or so. However, since today was extremely sedentary it wasn't too bad.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:24:06 AM by htevans »
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #22: May 29, 2018, 07:56:47 AM »
Day 16

Training: Push A day was a great success. I hit a pr on every lift. I wasn't able to get my wraps because someone broke our package lockers in my apartment but even with my naturally small wrists and some ariministane-induced discomfort, I crushed it. I actually had to slow my roll because I didn't want to progress too quickly. Still, I wound up throwing in some extra triceps work and even some drag curls just because I was really killing it. At this rate, I'll be hitting 5x10 flies with 50s in about a month.

Supplementation: I tried that Syntha-6 Chocolate Milkshake sample and it was delicious. I'm definitely buying some when I switch to the adding mass stage of this journey. My joints are feeling like 80% better now - it just took some time to kick in. If I can get up to like 90% then with the addition of sleeves, I'll feel a little better than I did before this journey. I absolutely love how I feel stronger each time I step in the gym. After a hectic year it has been nice to have something I enjoy/love doing consistently go well. No wonder people get addicted to the harder stuff like AAS.

Calories: 1700 Protein:140g Carbohydrates: 180g Fats: 45g. So I fell a bit short on my goals in terms of gross calories because I didn't know that brisket takes awhile to cook. I finally fished it off in the oven after a 24hr sous vide around midnight and had a few slices but it was too late for a full meal. Tomorrow is Pull B Day and the office is catering food for breakfast and lunch so I will surely make up for it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:51:22 AM by htevans »
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #23: June 02, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »
Day 17

Training: I felt great today. I got a new belt from Amazon but since I've always used worn-in belts I didn't know you really have to break those in before serious use. Thus, I wasn't able to use it for deadlifts today which annoyed me. I still pulled 4 PR sets smooth as butter though so I was happy. I also PRed on most of the other exercises except hammer curls. I had to cut those short due to wrist pain. I consider it a bit of a wash since I had thrown in some extra arm work the other day.

Supplementation: I've been slacking on my greens intake but everything else has been steady. I think I will up the arimistane dosage to 75mg for week 4 onwards. My joints have felt much better recently. I can actually walk up stairs and escalators without feeling like an 80 year old man. If I up to the dose to 75mg I will preemptively up the fish oil too though.

Calories: I have been slacking on tracking my food intake so I'm not entirely sure but I believe it was close to my goal of 2250.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #24: June 02, 2018, 11:57:54 AM »
Day 18

Training: I felt great going into leg day but unfortunately I tried to PR too much on squats. I was a little too sore from deadlifts yesterday so I didn't have the juice like I thought. I wound up compensating for this by dropping the weight down a little more and going ATG. I also paused in the hole, threw in 2 extra sets, and did double the reps on the last one. I PRed on all other exercises though. I still skipped calves to spare my ankles from annihilation.

Supplementation: I'm nearing the end of my bottle of Ep1logue and I'm curious to see if I notice any falling off in strength or endurance after cessation of use. I'll give it about a week before I review it so I can take that into account. If it appears to have been contributing to my gains then I may just have to pull the trigger on some more.

Calories: Same as yesterday, likely about 2250.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #25: June 02, 2018, 12:42:02 PM »
Day 19

Training: Today was an active rest day so I was just supposed to do some cardio and abs. I was absolutely exhausted and sore as hell when I got off work so I just slept instead. Sometimes passive rest and listening to your body is needed.

Supplementation: Everything has been steady so far. I've been using Amnes1a  bit more intermittently than I had originally planned though. Sometimes I just don't need any help going to sleep after a long day. Other times I just don't have the time to fight those melatonin hangovers. I really like the product though.

Calories: Probably somewhere in the 2300 range. I need to get back to tracking this more closely - it helps keep me honest.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #26: June 02, 2018, 12:58:21 PM »
Day 20

Training: So one of my best friends took a job in DC and was in town before vacationing and wanted to grab drinks. I haven't seen him in almost 2 years so I felt obligated but decided I'd limit myself to a few beers and not sugary weeweetails. I wound up having 2 pints of Guinness at this really cool Irish pub in Gtown and then some random Belgian beer at another bar across the street. While that wasn't diet breaking in of itself, I was out to 1:30am which left me exhausted during work today. I had decided I would come home and sleep then hit the gym for a late night sessions but I was so exhausted that I just kept sleeping. I'm going to really have to kill it this weekend.

Supplementation: I have like 3 days left of Ep1logue now so I'm anxious to see what will happen once I finish it. I'm also almost done with the Kirkland low-concentration fish oil and I'll be saving myself a lot of trouble (and money) in future and stick with the Nutricost fish oil I found on Amazon. I think its the best deal out there but if someone knows of a better one let me know. On a related note, my joint discomfort has continued to improve so I think I'll bump up the arimistane dosage to 75mg this Sunday.

Calories: I forgot to track them but it was probably close to 2000 since I essentially skipped dinner (I had an apple and PB) for more sleep. Lunch was also pretty healthy since my boss took a coworker and I out for Thai for working an office function the day before. I'm back on track.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #27: June 03, 2018, 01:05:18 PM »
Day 21

Training: I wound up spending a bit longer than planned in the gym so I had to cut abs and most of cardio from the schedule. I PRed on a few Push Day lifts and maintained the same weight on others (but they felt a bit easier). I threw in a little tricep work since I was feeling pretty good. My next push cycle is going to be a little crazy since I will be dumbbell shoulder pressing pretty heavy. I was using barbells for military pressing at my strongest so I've never really pressed anything significant with dumbbells. On another note, wrist wraps help a lot more than I was expecting. I was able to bench a solid 10lbs more just keeping my wrists straight and supported. Even before taking arimistane I had some weak wrists so I'll probably make these a staple for any pushing exercises in the future.

Supplementation: Nothing has really changed in this area, but as I finish off a few products in the coming days there will be some updates to my stack.

Calories: Approximately 1,700 Protein: 145g Carbohydrates: 185g Fat: 40g. I'm glad I could keep today's eating under control. I'll need to stick to the 1800-2000 range in combination with more cardio in the coming future if I'm  to shed these last few pounds. My abs have started to make their appearance but they still need more definition. There's about a month left to make the changes necessary. Time to kick it into overdrive.
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #28: June 04, 2018, 07:59:13 AM »
Day 22

Training: I just did cardio and abs today. I've started to increase the cardio from 20 to 30 minutes now. I PRed, if you can really call it that, on abs since I was able to use heavier weights for the Romanian twists and decline sit-ups. I think I'm going to start hitting abs first thing from now on - it is so much easier to train them properly when I'm fresh.

Supplementation: Today was the first day of the increased Eradicate-E dosage (75mg). Oddly enough, I woke up with my left ankle hurting me like it had last week. I'm upping the fish oil caps by 3 to account for the extra arimistane but today I took a few extra to get the left ankle but into shape before Pull day tomorrow. Amnes1a kicked in strong last night, I tried pretty hard to stay up until midnight but I was out of it by 11 or so.

Calories: Approximately 1300 Protein: 125g Carbohydrate: 160g Fat: 20g. My estimations are probably a little inaccurate since I'm forced to guestimate the macros on this Thai dish I order (pepper garlic chicken and broccoli) but the fat still couldn't have been much higher than 30g and the calories any higher than 1500. I just wasn't that hungry today.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:25:05 AM by htevans »
GWU Class of 2018

htevans
Locker Roommates
« Reply #29: June 05, 2018, 09:51:32 AM »
Day 23

Training: I wound up missing the gym because I had the worst stomach cramps after eating dinner last night. I couldn't even imagine doing a crunch, much less a full Pull workout. Tomorrow will be more intense to make up for the Gains Goblin's visit.

Supplementation: I forgot to take Ep1logue today; normally I would take it before lifting but given the cramps and all I kind of forgot. Still going strong with the higher dosage of arimistane (this is the second day lol). I'm taking a dose with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and with at least 4 fish oil caps a dose (usually more at lunch). My abs are starting to seriously reappear now so I'm starting to think I'm gonna make it after all.

Calories: Approximately 1,750 Protein: 170g Carbohydrate: 150g Fat: 45g
GWU Class of 2018

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!