MMAFreak's Long Road Cutting Journal

Read 17282 times

Admin_
Rep: +4,815
Trust: 100%
Administrator
« Reply #45: February 13, 2018, 06:33:34 AM »
5:00pm - Meal#4

16oz New York Strip Steak - It actually weighed in at 20oz but after all the fat was removed I got about 16oz of actual meat.

Just ate a pound of meat dry?  No sauce or sides or anything?  I hope you just stabbed it with your fork and bit pieces off like an animal, no knife or anything.
- Tommy

MMAFreak
Rep: +2,469
« Reply #46: February 13, 2018, 07:22:12 AM »
Just ate a pound of meat dry?  No sauce or sides or anything?  I hope you just stabbed it with your fork and bit pieces off like an animal, no knife or anything.

I pan seared it with butter and garlic to a nice medium rare. It was a bone in steak so I did in fact just hold it by the bone and eat the last half of it caveman style. My wife acted like it was gross but I know that she has never been more turned on in her life.
Nobody cares. Work harder.

mhseaver670
Rep: +6,693
Locker Roommates
« Reply #47: February 13, 2018, 05:55:47 PM »
Lol
Maybe you should TRAIN as hard as you HATE.

"Getting stuck isn't always an option but staying stuck is!" - Cam

Admin_
Administrator
« Reply #48: April 09, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »
Haven't seen an update here in a while - hope you're doing well.
- Tommy

MMAFreak
« Reply #49: April 13, 2018, 12:27:31 PM »
Just so everyone knows I am alive and well. Work got busy and I have been going nuts on some home improvement projects in addition to laying the ground work to start my own business. I'm basically tired of putting in 60 hour weeks and traveling all over the goddamn country to make someone else wealthy. That and missing 50% of my kid growing up isn't really sitting well with me either.

As far as my quest to lose weight is concerned I stepped on the scale today to check in on myself and I am down to 205 pounds. That is 47 pounds down from where I started back in September of last year. I literally just pulled a couple of totes of my old clothes out of the basement and all of my size 34 jeans not only fit but I require a belt. Not too shabby considering I was rocking 38's with no belt when I started. I'll be back into them 32's before you know it! (almost all of my pants and shorts are 32's)

I can't promise that I am going to have the time to keep posting regularly but I will try not to disappear for two months again. LOL

It also didn't help that my work instituted a firewall that blocks pretty much everything that isn't work related. Hope all you fooers are doing well!

Admin_
Administrator
« Reply #50: April 13, 2018, 03:36:19 PM »
Hang in there!  Whenever people are feeling really stressed about their jobs, I always think of it this way:

When you're on your death bed, are you going to be sitting there going "damn, my only regret in life is not working more hours!"

Obviously that's oversimplifying, but you gotta follow your dreams and live life on your own terms.

As far as my quest to lose weight is concerned I stepped on the scale today to check in on myself and I am down to 205 pounds.

I read that the first time as "I am down 205 pounds"  :o
- Tommy

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,099
Locker Roommates
« Reply #51: April 13, 2018, 06:08:22 PM »
Nice job on the weight drop, and you are correct.  Kids are only young once, and for a very short time. I basically quit my job to work for myself years ago.  So I could be home with the kids....  Haven't regretted it at all.

MMAFreak
« Reply #52: April 16, 2018, 05:04:53 AM »
LOL. Down 205 pounds would be a little extreme.

It is obviously more complicated than just up and quitting your job. Especially when you are the sole supporter of your family. Things are going to get more hectic for a while. But ideally I am going to start a little handyman business and start doing jobs on evenings and weekends and hopefully transition into it being a full time gig. I know lots of people who would be good referral sources so I am hoping I can get it up and running quickly. Honestly I have always enjoyed working with my hands. There is a certain satisfaction from taking raw materials and turning them into a finished and tangible product.

And I agree Wiseguy. I have come to the realization that I am just missing too much of my kid's youth. I don't want to be that dad who never comes to T-Ball games or other events because I am too busy working all the damn time. Hopefully this gamble I am taking will pay off. If not then oh well. Sometimes life slaps you on the ass.

MMAFreak
« Reply #53: April 18, 2018, 06:03:51 AM »
What's up everybody? Going to try and make it a more regular habit to post up some updates. Things have been going well for the most part. I have definitely had some instances of hitting a wall and run into some setbacks along the way. But that is to be expected. Juggling life between work, family, and health isn't always easy but overall I have been happy with the way I have turned things around the last seven months. I'm 47 pounds lighter and more importantly, I'm feeling better physically and mentally than I have in a long time.

It sucks when you stop and look at your life and realize that you have become such a horrible cliche. Being that guy that has a beautiful family, a nice house and a good job and being completely fooing miserable. And then you feel even more miserable about the fact that you are miserable when you should be happy. It's a pretty vicious cycle that spins out of control before you even know what is happening. I genuinely feel for people in this regard.

It is easy to sit back and criticize people for not doing what seems so simple and just putting in the work to make things better. Truth is that some people just simply lack the confidence and the knowledge to get started. Or don't have a strong support system among friends and family. My wife has been awesome through the whole process. I'm sure it isn't easy when I'm having 4 eggs and and avocado for dinner for the 12th night in a row and on the verge of snapping from diet fatigue. But she lifts me up when I'm down and has been there every step of the way to reassure me that I am capable of killing it. Granted you have to be your biggest fan to be successful, but you can't overstate the value of having people in your life who cheer you on from the sidelines.

I know most who frequent here are very in tune with the self discipline required to improve and maintain optimal health, but I'm sure there are plenty of people here who found their way here because they don't know where to start. To those people I welcome you to reach out to me anytime you have a question about anything. I'm more than happy to share the extent of my experience. This is the second time in my life I have had to pick up the shattered pieces of my health and I really do sympathize with how it feels to be in that position.

Anyway. Sorry for the long rant. Just had a few things to get off my chest. Here's what the day looked like yesterday.

4:45am - 40 Minutes of Yoga and 15 Minutes of Mobility Work

7:30am - Meal #1

8oz Almond Milk
8oz Cold Coffee
1 Scoop ON Gold Chocolate
1 Tbsp MCT Oil

10:00am - Meal #2

2 oz Almonds
Kirkland Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar

12:30pm - Meal #3

8 Slices Hard Salami
2 Slices Sharp Cheddar
Ceasar Salad (no croutons)

3:00pm - Meal #4

Overnight Oats With Blueberries

7:30pm - Meal #5

4 Eggs
Medium Avocado (68g)
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil

My kid recently started swim lessons and they are on Tuesday evening which is the reason for no lifting and Dinner being a little later than usual. On a positive note it is much better to have to wear swim trunks in front of a bunch of moms when you weigh 205 than it is when you weigh 252. LOL

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Admin_
Administrator
« Reply #54: April 18, 2018, 07:46:06 AM »
And then you feel even more miserable about the fact that you are miserable when you should be happy.

I remember at some of the worst times in my life, I'd meet people and they'd say "I want your life!".  This felt like a dagger because I felt like absolute garbage on the inside and I should have been the happiest person in the world, so what was wrong with me?!?!

I think the best way to break out of this depressing cycle of thought is to set some new goals to get excited about.
- Tommy

MMAFreak
« Reply #55: April 18, 2018, 08:35:24 AM »
I remember at some of the worst times in my life, I'd meet people and they'd say "I want your life!".  This felt like a dagger because I felt like absolute garbage on the inside and I should have been the happiest person in the world, so what was wrong with me?!?!

I think the best way to break out of this depressing cycle of thought is to set some new goals to get excited about.

Agree 100% brother. You have to find a way to shift focus.

Wis3guy
Locker Roommates
« Reply #56: April 19, 2018, 10:14:33 AM »
This seems to be a trend as my daughter and I have had a similar discussion.  Yep, it really sucks when everyone else "thinks" you have it great.   Our minds are interesting, and sometimes we are our own worst critic.  Glad to see you getting on track.  Keep up the work.

MMAFreak
« Reply #57: April 23, 2018, 07:26:20 AM »
Happy Monday everybody! I took a much needed mini vacation with the wife this weekend and got to relax a little. First time we have gone anywhere alone since our honeymoon almost four years ago. Definitely wasn't a friendly weekend as far as diet is concerned. But sometimes you just gotta say foo it and go live life.

Anyway I am switching my diet back to full blown ketogenic for the next few months to hopefully drop the last 30 pounds by the time we go on our long vacation in July this year. New daily nutrition goals look something like this.

Calories - Between 2100 and 2200

Carbs - 5% of daily intake or around 30g or less

Protein - 20% of daily intake or around 110g

Fat - 75% of daily intake or around 175g

This may seem a bit out of wack to some considering the fat is so high and the protein isn't as high. But I have gotten my absolute best results running a true ketogenic diet in the past and keeping my protein lower than usual. Today is day one so I'm probably going to be a little crazy the next 3-7 days while my body readjusts but after that it tends to get much easier.

Planned Nutrition For Today

Meal 1

4tbsp Heavy Cream
8oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
1tbsp MCT Oil

Meal 2

2oz Almonds

Meal 3

6oz 85% Lean Ground Beef
3oz Chicken Breast
3oz Chicken Sausage

Meal 4

3 String Cheese

Meal 5

4 Whole Eggs
70g Avocado
1tbsp Butter

Also eating about 30g of sunflower seeds throughout the day .

Calorie and Macros

Calories: 2172
Carbs: 29g total/14g net
Fat: 173g
Protein: 129g
Sugar: 3g
Fiber 15g

So ideally I will want to keep protein a little lower and fiber a little higher. Usually I will have a salad as one of my meals but since Romaine lettuce is giving people E Coli I am refraining at this time. Will definitely be adding in more fibrous veggies soon. But I had some stuff that I needed to use like the chicken and chicken sausages that I didn't want to waste. After I deplete what I have there I will be sticking to more fat dense meats.

As far as my training program is concerned it is programmed as follows

Monday

1 Hour Yoga In Morning
Upper Body Weight Training In Evening

Tuesday

30 Minutes HIIT In Morning
Lower Body Weight Training In Evening

Wednesday

60 Minutes Yoga In Morning (Restorative)

Thursday

60 Minutes Yoga In Morning
Push Muscles Weight Training

Friday

30 Minutes HIIT In Morning
Pull Muscles Weight Training

Saturday

60 Minutes Yoga In Morning
3-4 Mile Hike (or substitute another indoor activity if weather sucks)

Sunday

60 Minutes Yoga In Morning (Restorative)

It may seem like a lot but Wednesday and Sundays being restorative focus means it is a lot more stretching and far less intensity. So really more like having two rest days thrown into the mix honestly. I'll also randomly throw in some mobility work when there is time to get 10-15 minutes in here and there. All in all probably about 12 hours a week.

I'll try and get an update or two in this week. Have a good one!

Wis3guy
Locker Roommates
« Reply #58: April 23, 2018, 09:27:15 AM »
Happy Monday everybody! I took a much needed mini vacation with the wife this weekend and got to relax a little. First time we have gone anywhere alone since our honeymoon almost four years ago. Definitely wasn't a friendly weekend as far as diet is concerned. But sometimes you just gotta say foo it and go live life.

Hold the phone Batman, you took your wife with you on vacation to "relax".....
You must be a newly wed.......
Us long term married guys go on vacation ourselves so we can relax and get that annoying buzzing sound out of our ears!!!!
Ha ha ha ha.
🤔😜😉😎

It's the little thing we do though, so good for you.

JayT
Rep: +2,781
Locker Roommates
« Reply #59: April 23, 2018, 12:00:56 PM »
I think some people think keto means unlimited protein. Protein could convert to glucose, so I think it's a good call sticking to the traditional keto macros.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!