How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

MMAFreak's Long Road Cutting Journal

Read 14944 times

MMAFreak
Rep: +2,469
Trust: 100%
« Reply #60: April 23, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »
I think some people think keto means unlimited protein. Protein could convert to glucose, so I think it's a good call sticking to the traditional keto macros.

It is definitely easy to eat too much protein on keto. It honestly works best for me right at the 75% fat mark with just no carbs other than the trace amounts that ends up in your food. I don't think that it is the healthiest diet in terms of nutrition but it will definitely melt fat off your body. And really that is all I'm going for over the next three months. I just want to put my head down and slim down as much as I can while sparring as much muscle as I can. I know this will have taken a toll on me when it is all said and done in terms of strength. But the long term results will be a leaner and eventually stronger me. Just have to keep my goals in mind when this poo starts getting really hard. LOL
Nobody cares. Work harder.

JayT
Rep: +2,781
Locker Roommates
« Reply #61: April 23, 2018, 01:12:28 PM »
I usually ran more of a CKD over the past few years with one high carb/low fat day during the week. I got super lean on it a couple summers ago (lean for me anyway), but my strength plummeted and my muscles were so flat all the time. You definitely drop a lot of weight, but I always seemed to put most of it back on once I went back to eating carbs regularly.

MMAFreak
« Reply #62: September 04, 2018, 08:04:08 AM »
What's up fellas? Thanks to everyone who reached out to offer support. I've been down but I'm sure as foo not out. Day to day it has been a struggle to get after poo. Haven't been waking up early to exercise because I'm too damn depressed most mornings to do so. Trying to get back into the swing of things the best I can.

Oddly enough I have been finding that long trail runs are very therapeutic for me. I went and banged out 8 miles with about 1000' of elevation gain yesterday in the heat. Something about being in nature and the suffering of running through steep inclines and tough terrain seems to set me right. I finally started getting back to the gym and lifting again last week. Sore as foo! Guess it is to be expected.

I've lost a bunch more weight over the last month but unfortunately not in a good way. More because until about a week ago I couldn't really even make myself eat much. Probably one small meal a day for about a month combined with running long distances has caused some notable atrophy to the muscle on my frame. But in all aspects of my life I have got a long ugly road ahead of me boys. I wouldn't wish this poo on my worst enemy.

Can't say that I'll be posting here often but hopefully enough to where you know I'm still alive.

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,098
Locker Roommates
« Reply #63: September 04, 2018, 09:26:12 AM »
Hey MMA, good to hear you are moving.  Now stay on track and make it become an everyday occurrence.  Even if you lost muscle the running helped focus your mind and helped your endurance.  Now just slowly add back the lifting and your muscles will come back...Ö.

MMAFreak
« Reply #64: September 04, 2018, 09:46:43 AM »
Hey MMA, good to hear you are moving.  Now stay on track and make it become an everyday occurrence.  Even if you lost muscle the running helped focus your mind and helped your endurance.  Now just slowly add back the lifting and your muscles will come back...Ö.
I'm doing my best every day man. Doctor wanted to put me on SSRI's to help but I refused. I don't want to be numb to the world. It's supposed to hurt. I'm embracing the pain and using it to fuel the fire to better myself mentally and physically. I'm definitely not going to stop running anytime soon. Lifting for whatever reason just doesn't have the same effect.

Clipper83
Rep: +4,424
Locker Roommates
« Reply #65: September 04, 2018, 08:08:33 PM »
As long as you donít turn to hard drugs or alcohol youíll overcome this.
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

deBruijn
Rep: +567
« Reply #66: September 04, 2018, 10:45:30 PM »
Iím on a mild SSRI for a couple of years, helped me quite a bit. The numbing effect is neglectible. Ofcourse a personal preference and physical excercise also does wonders

Clipper83
Locker Roommates
« Reply #67: September 04, 2018, 10:49:40 PM »
Personally, the best way to get over a break up is to let the other person know youíll be fine without them. Itís also the best way to keep a good relationship going, both being able to be fine while single.

Just have something else to live for and keep you occupied and youíll be good.
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

Admin_
Rep: +4,815
Administrator
« Reply #68: September 05, 2018, 06:15:37 AM »
Personally, the best way to get over a break up is to let the other person know youíll be fine without them. Itís also the best way to keep a good relationship going, both being able to be fine while single.

Is that what you tell your snakes??
- Tommy

MMAFreak
« Reply #69: September 05, 2018, 11:30:11 AM »

Well she's not single for obvious reasons and I decided two weeks ago that I wasn't going to just sit and pull my pud either. Great thing about being single these days is that dating apps make it really easy to meet a lot of different women. I may or may not already be on notch number two in the old belt. Guess you could say I'm trying to fill a hole both metaphorically and literally. Being a mantemptress is pretty much the only plan I have right now. Nice boost to the old self esteem to have so many different women wanting to meet you as well. I'm not sorry...

Clipper83
Locker Roommates
« Reply #70: September 05, 2018, 11:44:06 AM »
Is that what you tell your snakes??

Both of them

mhseaver670
Rep: +6,692
Locker Roommates
« Reply #71: September 05, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »
When I get time I will send you a pm.  Keep your head for you and your kids sake.
Maybe you should TRAIN as hard as you HATE.

"Getting stuck isn't always an option but staying stuck is!" - Cam

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!