Forum

Hurricane Irma and our Server in Florida

Read 212 times

admin
Rep: +4,392
Trust: 100%
Administrator
Hurricane Irma and our Server in Florida « : September 09, 2017, 06:16:11 AM »
First off - to everyone on our site in Florida or anyone in the path of this devastating natural disaster, I hope that you and your families stay safe during this scary time.

Second, I wanted to share that our server (the one hosting SR) is located in Tampa Bay, Florida.  While the hosting company is confident that we'll experience no data loss or downtime, Tampa Bay seems to be on the path of Irma and you just never know.  If you're writing a review, it might be best to save a copy on your local machine. 

I hope that everyone makes it through this disaster safely.

Here's our hosting company's twitter account for live updates: https://twitter.com/HIVELOCITY
- Tommy

kalans
Rep: +5,316
Expert Reviewers
« Reply #1: September 09, 2017, 10:44:39 AM »
I pray for the safety of those in the storm.

How often are backups being made, as in do I need to copy my review that was posted 2 days ago and the 1 today?
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened." - Matthew 7:7-8

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

onder18
Rep: +711
« Reply #2: September 09, 2017, 11:08:09 AM »
Everyone stay safe. I live in Savannah, Ga. and I'm about to evacuate shortly. This will be 2 years in a row as I had to leave for hurricane Andrew last year. Let's pray for Florida.

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

admin
Rep: +4,392
Administrator
« Reply #3: September 10, 2017, 06:27:57 AM »
I pray for the safety of those in the storm.

How often are backups being made, as in do I need to copy my review that was posted 2 days ago and the 1 today?

They are made every single morning.  The whole datacenter is built to keep things online and the data save in the event of a hurricane, so I think we're going to be all good.  I guess we'll see tonight.

Everyone stay safe. I live in Savannah, Ga. and I'm about to evacuate shortly. This will be 2 years in a row as I had to leave for hurricane Andrew last year. Let's pray for Florida.

Scary times!  Stay safe.
- Tommy

ODAAT365
Rep: +1,264
Locker Roommates
« Reply #4: September 12, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »
well i didnt see this until now and my review made it through and I didn't lose it! So that's awesome. hope all our members stayed safe in the storm

Copyright © 2017 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.