Sign In

Remember Me

Submit a review

How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Tennis Elbow

Read 421 times

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for misleading marketing and misinformation.

bzyczek
Rep: +142
Trust: 100%
Tennis Elbow « : April 20, 2017, 06:15:08 AM »
Why did I just get tennis elbow? What am I doing wrong? How can I treat it? But, most importantly what can I do to prevent it from happening again?

All you advice and suggestions are very welcomed ... thank you in advance :)

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

mhseaver670
Rep: +5,614
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: April 20, 2017, 07:16:51 AM »
Lol. Good luck.  Tennis elbow is kinda one of those things, once you got it, that's it. 
Maybe you should TRAIN as hard as you HATE.

"Getting stuck isn't always an option but staying stuck is!" - Cam

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

ODAAT365
Rep: +1,194
Locker Roommates
« Reply #2: April 20, 2017, 09:09:03 AM »
There's a way to manage it....but you're not gonna like it...

Rest, a lot of rest, complete rest. Not "work around it" rest but real rest.

And as Seaver said, once you get it you're always gonna have issues to some degree.

bctuthill
Rep: +499
« Reply #3: April 20, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »
I get flair ups of this from time to time too.  Ice is your best bet to start.  Try icing daily, even if it doesn't hurt that day/night. 

Also try stretching your forearms and biceps regularly.

Lastly, try adding static holds to the routine to strengthen the tendons.

If you aren't being careful about keeping your elbows in on things like benching, that could be the culprit.

JayT
Rep: +1,811
Locker Roommates
« Reply #4: April 20, 2017, 10:16:17 AM »
I get it too.  Mine is on the inside of the elbow (not sure if it's tennis or golfer elbow), but like BC said, you cannot flare your elbows out.  I get discomfort on any incline presses or overhead movements if my form is not strict.  Dumbbells may work for you because you can change the angle to more of a neutral grip and see if that helps you out any.  I have taken extended breaks throughout the years, and it has never gone away, so I kind of just put up with it. 

bzyczek
Rep: +142
« Reply #5: April 20, 2017, 10:23:29 AM »
I really hope it goes away ... I'm thinking to make sure when it goes away to start exercising my forearms ...

bctuthill
Rep: +499
« Reply #6: April 20, 2017, 10:47:10 AM »
working the forearms could tighten the muscles and exacerbate the issue.  Another thing you might want to look into is a TENS unit.  They aren't terribly expensive and can be used around joints as well as stubborn/deep knots that are hard to stretch or roll out.

Oh and another... I used to use this for shin splits back in the day, but it could apply here... instead of regular icing, try freezing water in dixie cups then massaging the areas with the ice and slowly peel away the dixie cup as it melts.  A bit messy but it works!

smashley23
Rep: +444
« Reply #7: April 20, 2017, 11:00:32 AM »
IIRC, tennis elbow usually comes from overuse. After taking some time off, I'd start up again with lower volume than you had before. Maybe elbow sleeves will help.

JayT
Rep: +1,811
Locker Roommates
« Reply #8: April 22, 2017, 08:22:40 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS68HqxBMT6/    

I follow this guy on IG and he's a good source of information regarding mobility, rehab, etc. This was his post for tennis elbow relief. Hopefully it helps you out.

power
Rep: +171
« Reply #9: April 23, 2017, 07:53:52 AM »
Along with the other advice, if you can figure out what exercise is causing it, you may want to stop doing it all together, or cut down on the sets when you start up again.

Also when my joints and tendons are giving me trouble I take HMB. HMB is not meant for that but it helps me so it may be worth trying.
Good luck.

Copyright © 2017 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.