How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

TROOPer Levels to Affect Claiming Priority Starting Tuesday

Read 1161 times

admin
Rep: +4,468
Trust: 100%
Administrator
Itís finally arriving!  Youíve all seen the recent launch of TROOPer Levels, and now these levels will finally affect your ability to claim products starting mid-day on Tuesday, March 21st.

Hereís whatís changing:

Opportunities will only be open for FOUR days.

This is to help streamline the whole process.  With the previous 7-day period, we were seeing that if something had not been fully claimed within the first 4 days, it usually just sat there and often delayed the rep from shipping the products because they want to ship everything together. 

With the new four-day window, weíre hoping to expedite the whole claiming and shipping part of the process.

During the first TWO days, the opportunity will gradually open to the levels.

When an opportunity is posted, it will only be available to Level 99 TROOPers.  After the first 30 minutes, it will be open to Level 98 TROOPers and higher.  30 minutes later, it will be open to Level 97 TROOPers and higher.  This will continue every half hour until itís open to all TROOPers (just over 48 hours after it is posted).

During the last TWO days, the opportunity will be open to everyone.

If there are still containers available after the opportunity works its way through all 99 levels, it will remain open for another 2 days or until all containers are claimed.

Your Level will contribute to your limits.

Previously, TROOPers could claim up to 10 products at a time, and Experts could claim up to 20 products at a time.  Now, your level dictates the maximum you can claim.  Each level-up will give you a boost to the number of products you can claim (up to level 55).  Here are some examples:

Level 1: 1 product
Level 5: 3 products
Level 10: 5 products
Level 25: 10 products
Level 55 and above: 20 products

Of course, these limits are still subject to the same Dynamic TROOPer Limits rules as before.  If your reviews are late, or if you have been habitually been posting late reviews/updates, your limits will still be automatically decreased.

Again, this new system won't take affect until sometime on Tuesday.  If you have any thoughts or suggestions, now's the time to voice them before the system is finalized and pushed out on Tuesday!
- Tommy

Wis3guy
Rep: +1,841
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: March 17, 2017, 03:53:29 PM »
Not that I'll be popular....
I think that sometimes people should get less product.  3 of the same category means you can't tell which one is working (if you use them in conjunction with each other) or you have 2 products sitting on your shelf.  Also even if your an expert, if you have 20 products and I am just trying to get 1. Which review gets done faster.  I know I have done it in the past but I'm trying to self regulate.  So I have missed some opportunities because I was already using a product in that category.  Sorry for rambling, but it would be interesting if you could add a matrix to change priority a little for people who have less product outstanding.

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

admin
Administrator
« Reply #2: March 17, 2017, 04:56:54 PM »
Not that I'll be popular....
I think that sometimes people should get less product.  3 of the same category means you can't tell which one is working (if you use them in conjunction with each other) or you have 2 products sitting on your shelf.  Also even if your an expert, if you have 20 products and I am just trying to get 1. Which review gets done faster.  I know I have done it in the past but I'm trying to self regulate.  So I have missed some opportunities because I was already using a product in that category.  Sorry for rambling, but it would be interesting if you could add a matrix to change priority a little for people who have less product outstanding.

I think its an entirely valid point.  The idea behind 3 per category is that it would enable you to keep a constant flow of products.  In theory, you might have just finished product A and still be writing your review, already started on product B, and then go ahead and claim product C because you figure it will arrive right around the time that you're done with product B.  So there are a few instances where having 3 of the same category wouldn't be snubbing any reps on their reviews, but I think that regularly claiming 3 of the same category would lend itself to undesirable results.

That said, I definitely think that 20 products is way too much, and I'm going to lower it a bit for sure.  Probably down to 12.

One thing that already exists is that part of the Dynamic Trooper Limits looks at how promptly you've updated and reviewed products over the last few months.  If you've been habitually late or inconsistent with updates and reviews, it automatically drops your limits so you can't claim as many products.  Essentially the system is designed to self-regulate.  It's only if you have a solid history of being on time that your limit will climb up to the max.
- Tommy

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

kalans
Rep: +5,351
Expert Reviewers
« Reply #3: March 17, 2017, 06:42:23 PM »
I would note as previous, since noone is level 99 yet the whole timing schedule should be shifted towards whatever the top level is. Meaning start the countdown from level 77 not 99, as that will just keep it even longer before being claimed.
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened." - Matthew 7:7-8

mhseaver670
Rep: +5,973
Locker Roommates
« Reply #4: March 18, 2017, 06:08:42 AM »
I would note as previous, since noone is level 99 yet the whole timing schedule should be shifted towards whatever the top level is. Meaning start the countdown from level 77 not 99, as that will just keep it even longer before being claimed.

No need to change the dynamics for just a couple of people.   I think they way he has is just fine.  but is there anyway we could sign up to get maybe a email or a txt to know a new product is available.   In the past I have missed a chance to log a product because I was too late to get on here in time. 
Maybe you should TRAIN as hard as you HATE.

"Getting stuck isn't always an option but staying stuck is!" - Cam

Wis3guy
Rep: +1,841
Locker Roommates
« Reply #5: March 18, 2017, 06:17:47 AM »
yes, I think that is a good thing.  I am just looking at a specific example.  So no names are relevant I'm just picking two.
Kalans has a troop level of 88, Wis3guy has a level of 50.  Both have done great reviews.  So a pre workout comes up, Kalans gets to take it as his third even if Wis3guy doesn't have any pre-workouts.  It would be neat if the program adjusted for that and bumped Wis3guy up so he could claim it before Kalans. I think the "I want to try" eliminates some of that if its not a new product.  Just food for thought.  I think it would be difficult to figure that out.  Anyway, I like the program and I think the new rules should get the reviews out faster enabling us to get more product offers.
Great job Tommy.

kalans
Rep: +5,351
Expert Reviewers
« Reply #6: March 18, 2017, 07:22:20 AM »
No need to change the dynamics for just a couple of people.   I think they way he has is just fine.  but is there anyway we could sign up to get maybe a email or a txt to know a new product is available.   In the past I have missed a chance to log a product because I was too late to get on here in time. 
What I am suggesting is that when a product is put up on SR Troops, it be immediately available to the highest level IE you at level 78 rather than it have to countdown from level 99 x 30 minutes = 660 (11 hours) minutes before it is available to ANYONE. Now I do understand why you wouldn't want a change, as that gives you or anyone highest level a 11 hour window to prepare to claim it etc.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:28:29 AM by kalans »
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened." - Matthew 7:7-8

admin
Administrator
« Reply #7: March 18, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »

I was thinking about this, but I feel like things would get wonky as the highest level member started leveling up while the opportunity was open.  It also just makes it a bit too complex on the programming side of things to handle all scenarios.  I think there's no problem with having it effectively available to nobody for the first dozen hours - at least it gives everyone a heads up that it's on the way.

but is there anyway we could sign up to get maybe a email or a txt to know a new product is available.   In the past I have missed a chance to log a product because I was too late to get on here in time. 

Hmm, an email notification wouldn't be too hard to add at all.  You could choose between instant email alerts or daily summaries of new products that were posted, although instant alerts might get annoying if a brand rep opens up an opp for all 10 of their products at once.  I think I can get this added.

yes, I think that is a good thing.  I am just looking at a specific example.  So no names are relevant I'm just picking two.
Kalans has a troop level of 88, Wis3guy has a level of 50.  Both have done great reviews.  So a pre workout comes up, Kalans gets to take it as his third even if Wis3guy doesn't have any pre-workouts.  It would be neat if the program adjusted for that and bumped Wis3guy up so he could claim it before Kalans. I think the "I want to try" eliminates some of that if its not a new product.  Just food for thought.  I think it would be difficult to figure that out.  Anyway, I like the program and I think the new rules should get the reviews out faster enabling us to get more product offers.
Great job Tommy.

Hmm, I totally see where you're coming from with that example - it illustrates a really good point.

I sat with that for a few minutes and I think I've come up with a simple solution: If someone already has 2 products of the same category, they won't be able to claim their 3rd until the opportunity opens up to everyone.  - higher level members will still be able to keep a solid flow of products coming, but they won't be able to essentially hoard all the good products just because they have the top level.

Solid suggestion, I'm glad you clarified with that example.  Shouldn't be too complex to implement and should help keep things fair.

- Tommy

Meuth
Rep: +6,499
Locker Roommates
« Reply #8: March 18, 2017, 03:42:53 PM »
I doubt that I ever have 2 of the same category because I just don't claim that much unless I really want to try it. I do like the solution to the example though.
On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone will drop to zero.

Don't come to me and tell me you need help because your program isn't working when you've only been on it 3-4 weeks. It's called a program  because it takes time, unlike your sister.

Xcmiler
Rep: +642
« Reply #9: March 19, 2017, 12:43:42 PM »
How will the levels  affect current Trooper claimed products when they go live? Be they pending shipment or shipped etc.

sergiosays
Rep: +537
« Reply #10: March 19, 2017, 02:31:29 PM »
Im level 15 and currently have 8 products(3 which are pending).. since i'm in between 5(lv 10) and 10 products(lv25) will my products get dropped if they are not shipped before the 21st? How would my troop board look like having 8 products when I should only have 5 come 3/21.

admin
Administrator
« Reply #11: March 19, 2017, 07:02:32 PM »
How will the levels  affect current Trooper claimed products when they go live? Be they pending shipment or shipped etc.

It won't.

Im level 15 and currently have 8 products(3 which are pending).. since i'm in between 5(lv 10) and 10 products(lv25) will my products get dropped if they are not shipped before the 21st? How would my troop board look like having 8 products when I should only have 5 come 3/21.

You'll be somewhere between 5 and 10.  Nothing will be canceled, and if you have claimed more than your limit, you just won't be able to claim anything until you finish the reviews on those products.
- Tommy

Brotein
Rep: +1,095
Locker Roommates
« Reply #12: March 20, 2017, 09:41:18 AM »
I'm shocked to learn people juggle this many products at once. I think the most I've ever had at once was 3
Pain in this world is inevitable, but when it comes to achieving your goals, you can at least choose which pain you live with: The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret.

mhseaver670
Rep: +5,973
Locker Roommates
« Reply #13: March 20, 2017, 10:40:21 AM »
I have never claimed 3 products of the same thing.  That's just being greedy.  I may have grabbed one while I was almost finished with another but never three or at least I don't think I have.  That's crazy
Maybe you should TRAIN as hard as you HATE.

"Getting stuck isn't always an option but staying stuck is!" - Cam

McGilla
Rep: +1,256
Locker Roommates
« Reply #14: March 20, 2017, 06:47:41 PM »
Three is just being obtusely greedy. You're either giving yourself 6 servings a day of an amino or drinking a protein shake on the hour, regardless, you'd have to be a complete clown to just continue to claim products over and over because it's free. 

IMO one per type of product is just fine, perhaps open up the chance to claim a second one after you've clicked "started taking" for two weeks with the first product. 

Copyright © 2017 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.