Sign In

Remember Me

How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

How do Chinese weightlifters/powerlifters eat?

Read 2477 times

Tlifter
Rep: +12
Trust: 21%
Locker Roommates
How do Chinese weightlifters/powerlifters eat? « : December 19, 2015, 01:18:19 PM »
My wife and I usually share the responsibility of cooking but she gets bored of pasta with chicken breast and vegetables but I usually cook that because its good for getting carbs and protein. When she is sick of it and I don't have time to cook, she usually makes Chinese food. She is Chinese so I do not mean the stuff you get at Panda Express or anything. Its very hard for me to calculate my carbs, proteins, and fats when she cooks so to be on the safe side, I drink a weight gainer before going to bed. I have been looking online and can't find many good articles with details on what Chinese powerlifters and weightlifters eat and not just the food but the number of meals, quantity, macros, etc. Whenever I eat what she cooks for a long duration, the calories are either too low (which is most of the time she cooks) or too high so I'm having trouble managing my macros. I use fitnesspal.com and have the fitnesspal app on my phone but eating homemade Chinese food is harder to calculate macros than looking at how a restaurant makes the food.

Does anyone have any suggestions about books and/or websites which can give me information on the details of what the Chinese weightlifters or powerlifters eat not just in types of food but also macros, # of meals, etc? I know macro requirements don't change from one nationality's food to another but its hard for me to know which foods are best and how much of the food I should eat. There are LOTS of sites which talk about American food diets for strength sports but not much about Chinese diets. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:21:08 PM by Tlifter »

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

AstromicJosh
Rep: +113
Trust: 100%
« Reply #1: December 19, 2015, 08:28:00 PM »
Rice, lots and lots of rice or rice noodles or lo mein noodles paired with a protein source, usually beef or fish of some kind or like you mentioned: chicken. The rest is up to veggies. It's the sauces and fried rice you gotta look out for. Sodium, egg yolks adding unnecessary fat, etc.

Keep it simple.

1C rice = 180 calories 40g carbs.

1C rice noodles = 200 calories, 43g carbs

1C Lo Mein noodles = 190 calories, 42g carbs

Lean fish and chicken will always be 110 cals and 23g protein.
CEO, Astromic Nutrition- Sports Nutrition Evolution

Stats:

Bench- 185
Deadlift- 275
Squat- 320
Leg Press- 365
Rows- 135
Curls- 105

Tlifter
Locker Roommates
« Reply #2: December 19, 2015, 08:37:54 PM »
Rice, lots and lots of rice or rice noodles or lo mein noodles paired with a protein source, usually beef or fish of some kind or like you mentioned: chicken. The rest is up to veggies. It's the sauces and fried rice you gotta look out for. Sodium, egg yolks adding unnecessary fat, etc.

Keep it simple.

1C rice = 180 calories 40g carbs.

1C rice noodles = 200 calories, 43g carbs

1C Lo Mein noodles = 190 calories, 42g carbs

Lean fish and chicken will always be 110 cals and 23g protein.

Thank you! This is helpful. She uses lots of sauces. Mostly soy sauce but there are other sauces like peanut sauce she sometimes uses and sauces I don't know. Is the lean fish and chicken/4oz? Out of curiosity, where did you get these numbers? I want to learn more.

AstromicJosh
Rep: +113
« Reply #3: December 19, 2015, 10:32:48 PM »
I typically stick with what's on the back of packages, line it up with another in a tracking app and go from there.

Most lean meats are generally those ratings per 4-6oz. Beef is a bit higher even at 97/3.
CEO, Astromic Nutrition- Sports Nutrition Evolution

Stats:

Bench- 185
Deadlift- 275
Squat- 320
Leg Press- 365
Rows- 135
Curls- 105

Tlifter
Locker Roommates
« Reply #4: December 19, 2015, 10:59:51 PM »
I typically stick with what's on the back of packages, line it up with another in a tracking app and go from there.

Most lean meats are generally those ratings per 4-6oz. Beef is a bit higher even at 97/3.

I agree except she doesn't cook as "scientifically" as that. When I cook, I measure out servings and etc but she tends to go with what will taste better and is filling. She doesn't pay attention to the package other than the calories from fat. Since she does yoga but not even every week, diet is more about being skinny and healthy for her. I get it and respect it (if you aren't trying to get strong or big you shouldn't bulk) but it makes lean bulking difficult. Basically, I am stuck not being able to see how many servings she is using of some stuff. She knows I need to eat lots of protein and carbs so she cooks stuff with protein and carbs but since she doesn't always look at the servings, its either too high or oftentimes too low in protein and carbs. I don't mean to sound like I am complaining. I am not. She is a great cook but I need a way to know how much protein, carbs, and fats I'm getting without seeing the nutritional info. For example, sometimes she makes things with wood ear. Her parents bring it from China when they visit. I don't know how many servings of wood ear she uses and she stores it in a ziplock bag so I can't see the nutritional info.

PaigeBromley
Rep: 0
Trust: 0%
« Reply #5: March 31, 2019, 11:21:35 AM »
Hi, I can recommend eating french fries, this is a great way to gain weight, as it is quite nutritious. If you like french fries, then you can cook it with a toaster oven ,  this is a great fryer, you can check this out by visiting the site, where you will find a lot of great reviews about this fryer.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 07:18:27 AM by PaigeBromley »

dmf8625
Rep: +2,010
« Reply #6: March 31, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »
Hi, I can recommend eating french fries, this is a great way to gain weight, as it is quite nutritious.

Seriously?? French fries are "quite nutritious". Since when has fried food been nutritious?

If you just want to get fat, sure, go ahead and eat french fries all you want.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!