Forum

Project weewee Diesel.... Get Big Or Die Trying.. Feat...Anafuse

Read 69413 times

Mjg1973
Rep: +529
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #45: October 06, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »
The last couple of days have been so damn busy.   I am already falling behind ,  I've got a lot of ground to cover...  First up  Shoulders & Traps  ( Which was on this past Sunday).
Before we get started , Here is my pre workout bodybuilding motivation....
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPOU-yPGbpY

Behind the neck press

3 warm up sets   bar for 20 , bar for 20 ,  115 for 15 reps

1st set    135 for 12 reps
2nd         165 for  10 reps
3rd          185 for  10 reps
4th           205 for  6 reps + 2 forced
5th           215 for  3 reps + 1 forced  ( First time going up to this weight, It felt good.) 
6th           190 for   7 reps + 1 forced

Seated db press
1st set    30's  for 15 reps
2nd         85's  for 13 reps
3rd          90's  for 9 reps  ( PR)   Was only able to get 8 reps last time out
4th          90's  for 6 reps  ( PR)     Was only able to get 5 reps last time out.
5th          80's  for 8 reps , Dropped to 70's for  6 reps, dropped to 60's  for 8 reps..   ( One crazy pump kicking)

Side lateral raises

1st set  20's for 22 reps
2nd       30's for 13 reps  ( PR)   Only could get 12 last time
3rd        35's  for 11 reps  ( PR)  One more than last time
4th        35's  for  8 reps ,  Dropped to 25's for 12 reps , dropped to the 15's  for  20 reps..   ( On fire )

Seated side laterals  ( Machine) 
1st  70  for  15 reps
2nd  80 for  for 12 reps
3rd    90  for  8 reps + 4 half reps , + 3  quarter reps ,  Dropped to 60  for  10 reps...   (  I was dying after these.  Talk about feel the burn...lol)

bent over rear delt raises
1st set   30's  for  15 reps
2nd        35's  for  15 reps  ( PR)  Only could get 12 last time out.
3rd         35's  for  10 reps
4th         35's  for   6 reps , dropped to 25's for 12 reps, dropped down to the 15's  for 22 reps...
Shoulders are destroyed.......

Traps 

Barbell Shrugs

1st set    225 for 25 reps
2nd        275  for  16 reps
3rd         305  for  12 reps
4th         325  for   8 reps
5th         325  for   5 reps + 2 half reps ,  dropped to  225  for  17 reps,  paused for 20 seconds ..  got another  9 reps , paused for 20 seconds..... got another  5 reps...   ( Intense! ).

Note:  In case I didn't say prior , I use straps on shrugs.  There is no way in hell I can hold on to that weight for that long without my grip failing...

Up right rows

3 sets  with 95 lbs........   14 , 11 , 8    On the last set I paused twice for 20 seconds each. Was able to squeeze out a few more reps each time..   I don't know how many , Cause I was in to much pain to count...

I also need to post leg day  ( Which was yesterday)  I will be putting that up later this evening...

Hope everyone is killing it in the gym today....   

Many bodybuilders sell themselves short. Erroneously attributing their lack of satisfactory progress to a poverty of the requisite genetic traits, instead of to their irrational training and dietary practices, they give up training. Don't make the same mistake

killaz5
Rep: +402
Locker Roommates
« Reply #46: October 06, 2015, 02:19:45 PM »
Nice volume dude. Killin it
"It's hard to beat someone who never gives up."
"Do or do not. There is no try."

Mjg1973
Locker Roommates
« Reply #47: October 06, 2015, 02:28:00 PM »
Nice volume dude. Killin it

Thanks brother....     
Many bodybuilders sell themselves short. Erroneously attributing their lack of satisfactory progress to a poverty of the requisite genetic traits, instead of to their irrational training and dietary practices, they give up training. Don't make the same mistake

bosox516
Rep: +1,877
Locker Roommates
« Reply #48: October 06, 2015, 02:29:44 PM »
Late sub, nice work so far. Just be careful with any behind the neck movement.

Mjg1973
Locker Roommates
« Reply #49: October 06, 2015, 02:36:21 PM »
Late sub, nice work so far. Just be careful with any behind the neck movement.

Thanks Bosox...   And thanks for the heads up.    I'm one of the few that really don't have any issues with behind the neck presses.   I only come down to the bottom of my ear lobe.   Any lower than that really doesn't do much for progress...   

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #50: October 06, 2015, 04:23:25 PM »
behind the neck movements put the humerus at such an angle that it rubs against the coracoid process, which is a bone that helps stabilize the joint. I can actually feel it happen when I act out the movement myself. You might not have any problems now, but you're probably putting yourself at greater risk, and there's really no additional benefit to those movements

Mjg1973
Locker Roommates
« Reply #51: October 06, 2015, 08:02:43 PM »
behind the neck movements put the humerus at such an angle that it rubs against the coracoid process, which is a bone that helps stabilize the joint. I can actually feel it happen when I act out the movement myself. You might not have any problems now, but you're probably putting yourself at greater risk, and there's really no additional benefit to those movements

Actually ,  I disagree to a point.  I find that behind the neck presses recruit more side / rear delt , Besides front delts.  In where front presses are a front delt dominate exercise.  Not as much is being worked.
Don't  get me wrong, Front presses are a solid exercise. 
I just prefer b.n.p. over the other.   Now would I recommend someone just starting out to do them, Of course not. 
B.n.p 's are a old school exercise.  I learned these when I was young, And I have been doing them every since. 
It's  hard to break old habits,  Especially  when they produce excellent results. 

Thanks for the info though..

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #52: October 06, 2015, 08:37:03 PM »
Yeah it's just one of those things where it might never cause you issues, but I've seen it happen enough. I hope it never does obviously lol

Mjg1973
Locker Roommates
« Reply #53: October 06, 2015, 08:47:55 PM »
Yeah it's just one of those things where it might never cause you issues, but I've seen it happen enough. I hope it never does obviously lol

Same here...lol..   I know a few people who had bad problems with this exercise.   In those cases, They either tried going to heavy, Bringing the bar all the way down to their traps, Or not warming up properly. .

You can definitely hurt yourself real quick if you do these wrong or use bad form.    Definitely not for a beginner....

killaz5
Rep: +402
Locker Roommates
« Reply #54: October 07, 2015, 08:02:32 AM »
Behind the head presses are one of those controversial exercises like good mornings, or sldl etc. I think if they work for you, keep doing them. Just keep form in check and the weight manageable.
I know Ed Coan liked behind the head shoulder presses. Hard to argue with that guy
"It's hard to beat someone who never gives up."
"Do or do not. There is no try."

Mjg1973
Locker Roommates
« Reply #55: October 07, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
^^^^  Back in the early to mid 80's, There was Ted Arcidi.  Now, I'm  not really into powerlifting, But that being said , This guy's  shoulders and traps were mind boggling....  He was a monster.   And he loved his behind  the neck presses.
I believe  his best was 405 for 3 reps.  That is a crazy amount of weight to be throwing up...  Much respect  to that guy...

Mjg1973
Locker Roommates
« Reply #56: October 07, 2015, 02:19:38 PM »
I was looking for old footage of Ted doing behind the neck presses, Couldn't find any.  I did come across this though.   This is when he broke the bench record and did 705 on the bench.  Made it look so damn easy... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmqcFfa_H8

jebrooks76
Rep: +54
Trust: 81%
« Reply #57: October 08, 2015, 04:39:23 AM »
Great looking workout.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Mjg1973
Locker Roommates
« Reply #58: October 08, 2015, 05:18:38 AM »

Mjg1973
Locker Roommates
« Reply #59: October 08, 2015, 07:57:14 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone  know that the last few days I have been working crazy long hours...   Im still getting all my training in,  But its much later at night.
I've  been keeping notes, And will be getting this log current in the next day or two.....

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!