Sign In

Remember Me

How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Should I start a TROOP log? no way dude - dont do it...

Read 63722 times

iSamurai
Rep: +1,774
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #45: August 19, 2015, 07:05:40 AM »
stabbing.  in the shoulder.  front part, upper to middle...  Hurts less on flyes but still hurts.  If I do TRX push ups, it hurts kinda bad.  it hurts to get the weight up and over on tricep extensions...  It is the push that hurts worse than the pull too...

Just gonna suck it up...

Sounds like what I experienced when I partially tore my rotator cuff.  Hurt really bad during pressing, couldn't even unrack 135 without serious amounts of pain.  The main thing that fixed it was 100-150 band pull aparts a day, and when I was in the gym, I always threw in light rear delt flies lying face down on a bench @ a 45 degree angle, and facepulls in the 15-30 rep range, light weight, focused on squeezing every rep.  Once it started feeling better, I purchased a reactive slingshot so I could bench again and not put much stress on my shoulder.  Best of luck dude, it's definitely a pain in the ass.

bosox516
Rep: +1,877
Locker Roommates
« Reply #46: August 19, 2015, 07:34:46 AM »
^good advice there

mhseaver670
Rep: +6,693
Locker Roommates
« Reply #47: August 19, 2015, 08:48:06 AM »
I had close to same thing happen to me. Really messed me up. Has been almost two years and I still am not where I once was on bench due to it.
Good luck.
Maybe you should TRAIN as hard as you HATE.

"Getting stuck isn't always an option but staying stuck is!" - Cam

nowaydude
Rep: +834
Locker Roommates
« Reply #48: August 19, 2015, 01:16:45 PM »
Sounds like what I experienced when I partially tore my rotator cuff.  Hurt really bad during pressing, couldn't even unrack 135 without serious amounts of pain.  The main thing that fixed it was 100-150 band pull aparts a day, and when I was in the gym, I always threw in light rear delt flies lying face down on a bench @ a 45 degree angle, and facepulls in the 15-30 rep range, light weight, focused on squeezing every rep.  Once it started feeling better, I purchased a reactive slingshot so I could bench again and not put much stress on my shoulder.  Best of luck dude, it's definitely a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the heads up.  I am not so bad I cant unrack weight, YET!  I will look into the band pull aparts - any specific way to do the pull part? 

I need to find a reactive slingshot...  No idea what that is - hahaha...

I appreciate the advice - I repped you for it (trying to avoid group think).  Maybe I will negative rep Bo for pointing out your advice was good?  hahaha

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #49: August 19, 2015, 01:20:37 PM »
At a minimum 7 hours, but if I can sleep in and days I don't work it's like 9+...my sleep has always been kind of messed up, but this combination of ingredients just doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Damn Sam - that's a lot of shut eye...  I only get about 6-7 on my best day and average 4-4.5...

iSamurai
Locker Roommates
« Reply #50: August 19, 2015, 01:44:43 PM »
I did a few things with the band pull aparts, so I would do it the traditional way, straight across my chest.  I would also stretch the band out and do over and backs.  I also would do the pull aparts from over my head as well.  But, the traditional way yielded amazing results for my shoulder.  I was also using an EliteFTS mini band. Granted, it took a long time to get back to 90% where I was able to bench again, however it's still not 100% to this day, but I'm actually able to bench relatively pain free.  I also had to take a wider grip on my bench as well...middle fingers on rings.

Slingshots - http://www.howmuchyabench.net/sling-shots
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:46:29 PM by iSamurai »

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #51: August 19, 2015, 02:34:27 PM »
I did a few things with the band pull aparts, so I would do it the traditional way, straight across my chest.  I would also stretch the band out and do over and backs.  I also would do the pull aparts from over my head as well.  But, the traditional way yielded amazing results for my shoulder.  I was also using an EliteFTS mini band. Granted, it took a long time to get back to 90% where I was able to bench again, however it's still not 100% to this day, but I'm actually able to bench relatively pain free.  I also had to take a wider grip on my bench as well...middle fingers on rings.

Slingshots - http://www.howmuchyabench.net/sling-shots

All of this is really helpful - thanks samurai...

Whats the story on the football league dude?  When we drafting?

iSamurai
Locker Roommates
« Reply #52: August 19, 2015, 02:36:16 PM »
I'm going to send out a reminder e-mail/post in the thread this Sunday.  Draft is on Sunday, 8/30, at 8:00PM EST.

bosox516
Rep: +1,877
Locker Roommates
« Reply #53: August 19, 2015, 04:33:08 PM »

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #54: August 19, 2015, 07:46:39 PM »
NOICE

iSamurai
Locker Roommates
« Reply #55: August 20, 2015, 05:59:01 AM »

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #56: August 20, 2015, 06:05:25 AM »
Wednesday was an off day so i did some cardio and abs - 10 minutes on the rowing machine, 20 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minute ab circuit (50 second work, 10 second rest, 5 exercises x 3 rounds)

Finished up the DNO and posted that review.

This morning was delts and tri's.  My left shoulder was unhappy with me to begin with but it started to like me a little more as the workout went on. 

DB Shoulder Press - 12x 55, 7 x60 (shoulder killed me) 8x65 right 8x60 left - spotted it with my right (had to look stupid doing this but oh well)

Side lateral raise - 10x30, 8x35 - did 3 "half reps" as well in both sets - no spotter and trying to push to failure so half reps seem to be the thing...

Low Pulley delt raise - 6x50 left, 7x50 rt - +3 neg to failure left, +4 negative to failure right - self spotting again.  The negative to failure was awesome actually. 

Revers DB flyes - 12x35, 10x45 - really focused on trying to keep my arms straight line with my shoulders and bring elbows up...

Tricep pushdown - 11 x 150, 8 x 180 - the 180 reps were too heavy but I got them with some 10 second rest pauses.  will probably drop that down next time to get a true failure on 8 reps

Lying tri extensions - 12 x 65, 8 x 70 - again, hit the 8x70 on rest pause.  I need a spotter - lol

Seated tri press - 12x60, 10x70 - this typically hurts the shoulder too but I tried an "axe handle" grip on the DB instead of holding the head of the weight - seemed to still focus on the tri and relieve some pressure on the shoulder

Supps

G8 still working pretty good.  I like how I wake up in the AM - it doesn't take long to shake that feeling - I DO NOT HIT SNOOZE THOUGH - hahah
Pre-33 was nice with this workout - I took it about 15 minutes before I started and it was right on time.  No crash and really focused throughout.  Looking forward to running this the rest of the way...
The Real Food is terrific as well - I mix it with my post workout protein, creatine, and BCAAs and it tastes awesome - even with the bits of oats...

Tomorrow is leg day - hoorah...

Mjg1973
Rep: +529
Locker Roommates
« Reply #57: August 20, 2015, 06:57:50 AM »
Wednesday was an off day so i did some cardio and abs - 10 minutes on the rowing machine, 20 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minute ab circuit (50 second work, 10 second rest, 5 exercises x 3 rounds)

Finished up the DNO and posted that review.

This morning was delts and tri's.  My left shoulder was unhappy with me to begin with but it started to like me a little more as the workout went on. 

DB Shoulder Press - 12x 55, 7 x60 (shoulder killed me) 8x65 right 8x60 left - spotted it with my right (had to look stupid doing this but oh well)

Side lateral raise - 10x30, 8x35 - did 3 "half reps" as well in both sets - no spotter and trying to push to failure so half reps seem to be the thing...

Low Pulley delt raise - 6x50 left, 7x50 rt - +3 neg to failure left, +4 negative to failure right - self spotting again.  The negative to failure was awesome actually. 

Revers DB flyes - 12x35, 10x45 - really focused on trying to keep my arms straight line with my shoulders and bring elbows up...

Tricep pushdown - 11 x 150, 8 x 180 - the 180 reps were too heavy but I got them with some 10 second rest pauses.  will probably drop that down next time to get a true failure on 8 reps

Lying tri extensions - 12 x 65, 8 x 70 - again, hit the 8x70 on rest pause.  I need a spotter - lol

Seated tri press - 12x60, 10x70 - this typically hurts the shoulder too but I tried an "axe handle" grip on the DB instead of holding the head of the weight - seemed to still focus on the tri and relieve some pressure on the shoulder

Supps

G8 still working pretty good.  I like how I wake up in the AM - it doesn't take long to shake that feeling - I DO NOT HIT SNOOZE THOUGH - hahah
Pre-33 was nice with this workout - I took it about 15 minutes before I started and it was right on time.  No crash and really focused throughout.  Looking forward to running this the rest of the way...
The Real Food is terrific as well - I mix it with my post workout protein, creatine, and BCAAs and it tastes awesome - even with the bits of oats...

Tomorrow is leg day - hoorah...

Half reps and quater reps work really well. Especially for side laterials and rear delts.  Keep an eye on your shoulder dude.. 
Tomorrow is leg day...   Kill it brother!  Happy limping home... 
Many bodybuilders sell themselves short. Erroneously attributing their lack of satisfactory progress to a poverty of the requisite genetic traits, instead of to their irrational training and dietary practices, they give up training. Don't make the same mistake

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #58: August 20, 2015, 06:59:30 AM »
I am - I will check on some stretches for it and work on active stretching on off days.  it hurts when I take off my shirt and stuff like that.  It has to be the cuff - like Samurai alluded to but I think I can get it right

Mjg1973
Rep: +529
Locker Roommates
« Reply #59: August 20, 2015, 07:45:22 AM »
Yeah bro...  I'm all to familiar with the having pain taking the shirt off..   Been there..  Be careful dude..
Many bodybuilders sell themselves short. Erroneously attributing their lack of satisfactory progress to a poverty of the requisite genetic traits, instead of to their irrational training and dietary practices, they give up training. Don't make the same mistake

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!