Sign In

Remember Me

How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Should I start a TROOP log? no way dude - dont do it...

Read 63576 times

nowaydude
Rep: +834
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #30: August 17, 2015, 08:32:41 PM »
Day 1 - Chest and biceps...

10 minute cardio - hit the treadmill and ran

some rotator cuff warm ups

Decline bench - 12x 135, 12x 165, 11x205
Incline DB Press - 11x 55, 6x 65 - left shoulder bugging my on O/H presses for the last few weeks, cant get it to stop. 
Flat Bench Flyes - 11x30, 8x 40
DB Concentration Curls 10x35, 7x45
Straight bar curls - 6x95

Then I did some burnouts/drop set with the ezbar preacher curls 12+ x75, x65, 15+ x45, 25+ x35

Finished with some ab work at the very end - just some general stuff

work out in all took about 55 minutes so it hit the time mark...

I have a ways to go!

Day 1 - Chest and biceps...

10 minute cardio - hit the treadmill and ran

some rotator cuff warm ups

Decline bench - 12x 135, 12x 165, 11x205
Incline DB Press -

no true decline at the gym so I did the odd ting where you put your feet on the bench and arch your back to simulate a decline bench - that looks real cool

no true decline at the gym so I did the odd ting where you put your feet on the bench and arch your back to simulate a decline bench - that looks real cool   :D ::)

Not sure what to do about the left shoulder, I took it easy on the OH presses and what not over the last week or two and still have severe pain on pushing from time to time.  I think I just need to suck it up but I could get higher weight up with my right but it hurt the left shoulder too much so I decreased weight and reps...

Supp wise -  I am loving that half scoop of G8.  That stuff is a - maze - ing... 

DNO has been a challenge throughout unfortunately cuz I was pretty pumped for that stuff.  I will share more in the review.  Looks like 2 days to finish that off...

Samazon
Rep: +1,861
Locker Roommates
« Reply #31: August 17, 2015, 08:35:53 PM »
Maybe I should try a lil less than one scoop of the g8 tomorrow. Last night wasn't anything great, but I ate some spicy food kind of close to bed time..thinking that might've had something to do with it.
There was something different about her..something special. And he couldn't quite place it...but it was in the way she moved...and what she did..

Mjg1973
Rep: +529
Locker Roommates
« Reply #32: August 17, 2015, 08:49:52 PM »
Good start man!  In reguards to not having a decline,  You can take it old school and stack 2-3 45lbs plates together and slide them under the the foot of the bench.  Have done it many times, And it will serve the purpose for declines..   Kill back tomorrow brother..
Many bodybuilders sell themselves short. Erroneously attributing their lack of satisfactory progress to a poverty of the requisite genetic traits, instead of to their irrational training and dietary practices, they give up training. Don't make the same mistake

bosox516
Rep: +1,877
Locker Roommates
« Reply #33: August 17, 2015, 08:51:16 PM »
Really wishing I snagged that G8. Good workout.

Where is the shoulder pain and what's the sensation? Is it sharp and stabbing, dull and achy with weakness?

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #34: August 18, 2015, 07:54:33 AM »
Maybe I should try a lil less than one scoop of the g8 tomorrow. Last night wasn't anything great, but I ate some spicy food kind of close to bed time..thinking that might've had something to do with it.

So I take it, brush my teeth, get a shower, then lay in bed.  Within 15 minutes I cannot talk and I literally pass out...

This morning I lost the battle - I woke up an hour before the alarm clock and figured I would grab that extra hour of sleep - bad choice - I slept 15 minutes more than I should!  But still - once I got rolling the "side effects" wore off pretty quick...

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #35: August 18, 2015, 07:57:08 AM »
Really wishing I snagged that G8. Good workout.

Where is the shoulder pain and what's the sensation? Is it sharp and stabbing, dull and achy with weakness?

stabbing.  in the shoulder.  front part, upper to middle...  Hurts less on flyes but still hurts.  If I do TRX push ups, it hurts kinda bad.  it hurts to get the weight up and over on tricep extensions...  It is the push that hurts worse than the pull too...

Just gonna suck it up...

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #36: August 18, 2015, 07:58:55 AM »
Good start man!  In reguards to not having a decline,  You can take it old school and stack 2-3 45lbs plates together and slide them under the the foot of the bench.  Have done it many times, And it will serve the purpose for declines..   Kill back tomorrow brother..

Dude that is a good idea...  I like it and will try that.  They also have a wood platform there I could try as well...  What is typical decline, 6-8" or so drop from front to back?

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #37: August 18, 2015, 08:08:17 AM »
Day 2 - back day

So I woke up late and decided to go with it anyway.  Things went ok...

DB Pullover - 12x60, 12x70, 10x90
Close grip lat pull down: 12x135, 9x180 - wanted to get 10 but only about 9.25...
One arm DB rows:  12x65, 8x85 - focused on keeping the elbow close to the body to really work the lats - body more of a 60 degree angle versus 90.  that was tough with the 85s.
Wide grip seat cable rows: 12x150, 13x190  190 was the stack unfortunately.  I need to find a replacement for this exercise at my gym.  Maybe just barbell bent over rows?  I think there is value to the seated movement though...  thoughts?
Barbell Deadlifts:  12x225, 10x275.  Really focused this on the back.  Infact, Yates says to only go half way down the shins for this exercise...  it felt good but my baby soft hands started to hurt - hahaha...  I need to man up...

Did some ab machine crunch drop sets at 140# w/10sec rest - 25, 18, 12, 9, 7

I am focusing on the 1 minute in between - which seems long to me.  Thinking about adding some sort of intermittent reps in between to work the opposite (push vs pull) thoughts?

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #38: August 18, 2015, 08:28:49 AM »
MACROS - almost forgot (well I did forget...)

Target - 2700 calories
Actual - 2500 calories

Target - 45% Pro/35% Carb/20% Fat
Actual - 46/37/17

Not too bad - had to take in a bunch of calories after dinner though to get there...  need to probably have a bigger breakfast or lunch - will add more carbs at these times...

Samazon
Locker Roommates
« Reply #39: August 18, 2015, 11:26:34 AM »
Yea, falling back asleep when you are wide awake I usually a bad idea afterwards.
I haven't found a sweet spot with the g8 yet. I slept heavy last night, but felt crappy this morning. It doesn't give me that "pass out" feeling at night like the barwis sleep aid did.
There was something different about her..something special. And he couldn't quite place it...but it was in the way she moved...and what she did..

bosox516
Rep: +1,877
Locker Roommates
« Reply #40: August 18, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »
Re the shoulder:

Could be a number of things, caused by a number of issues. I think the most common would be anterior impingement syndrome: http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/guide/impingement-syndrome. Caused by weakness in posterior muscles (pullers) of the shoulder/upper back compared to anterior (pushers). Also weakness in the rotator cuff group. A form check may well be in order on your bench press, as certain habits can put the shoulder in a compromising position, causing pain in the area you identified.

I don't think you should just suck it up and blindly push through it, because this could make it a lot worse. What you may want to do is reduce the total workload on your presses, for a time, add some rotator cuff exercises, and make sure the strength/volume of your pulling is at least equal to that of your pushing. It can also help to incorporate some upper back work in your benching, by doing some rows, face pulls, pulldowns, etc. between sets of bench.

I need to find a replacement for this exercise at my gym.  Maybe just barbell bent over rows?

Barbell rows are an excellent total-back builder. It's easy enough to go heavy, with more body english, if you want to work further down the back into the glutes, or light and controlled reps to target the upper back muscles more specifically. T-bar rows are also a good alternative.

I am focusing on the 1 minute in between - which seems long to me.  Thinking about adding some sort of intermittent reps in between to work the opposite (push vs pull) thoughts?

Don't do this unless you plan to do the same on your push days, as I mentioned above, i.e. adding sets of rows, face pulls, pulldowns, etc. between presses.

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #41: August 18, 2015, 02:06:22 PM »
Re the shoulder:

Could be a number of things, caused by a number of issues. I think the most common would be anterior impingement syndrome: http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/guide/impingement-syndrome. Caused by weakness in posterior muscles (pullers) of the shoulder/upper back compared to anterior (pushers). Also weakness in the rotator cuff group. A form check may well be in order on your bench press, as certain habits can put the shoulder in a compromising position, causing pain in the area you identified.

I don't think you should just suck it up and blindly push through it, because this could make it a lot worse. What you may want to do is reduce the total workload on your presses, for a time, add some rotator cuff exercises, and make sure the strength/volume of your pulling is at least equal to that of your pushing. It can also help to incorporate some upper back work in your benching, by doing some rows, face pulls, pulldowns, etc. between sets of bench.

Barbell rows are an excellent total-back builder. It's easy enough to go heavy, with more body english, if you want to work further down the back into the glutes, or light and controlled reps to target the upper back muscles more specifically. T-bar rows are also a good alternative.

Don't do this unless you plan to do the same on your push days, as I mentioned above, i.e. adding sets of rows, face pulls, pulldowns, etc. between presses.

Cool - I have been adding rotator cuff warm ups to my chest routine - maybe I should just add them as a more regular type deal - biweekly or whatever...

Thanks for the information Bo - Maybe I will add some of those exercises in between the bench work...

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #42: August 18, 2015, 02:08:59 PM »
Yea, falling back asleep when you are wide awake I usually a bad idea afterwards.
I haven't found a sweet spot with the g8 yet. I slept heavy last night, but felt crappy this morning. It doesn't give me that "pass out" feeling at night like the barwis sleep aid did.

I am a poor decision maker - hahaha...

I can shake it off pretty good in the morning - How much sleep are you getting?

Mjg1973
Rep: +529
Locker Roommates
« Reply #43: August 18, 2015, 02:22:31 PM »
Day 2 - back day

So I woke up late and decided to go with it anyway.  Things went ok...

DB Pullover - 12x60, 12x70, 10x90
Close grip lat pull down: 12x135, 9x180 - wanted to get 10 but only about 9.25...
One arm DB rows:  12x65, 8x85 - focused on keeping the elbow close to the body to really work the lats - body more of a 60 degree angle versus 90.  that was tough with the 85s.
Wide grip seat cable rows: 12x150, 13x190  190 was the stack unfortunately.  I need to find a replacement for this exercise at my gym.  Maybe just barbell bent over rows?  I think there is value to the seated movement though...  thoughts?
Barbell Deadlifts:  12x225, 10x275.  Really focused this on the back.  Infact, Yates says to only go half way down the shins for this exercise...  it felt good but my baby soft hands started to hurt - hahaha...  I need to man up...

Did some ab machine crunch drop sets at 140# w/10sec rest - 25, 18, 12, 9, 7

Good back day man!   In reguards to the one arm db rows...  Very good exercise, You should invest in a pair of lifting straps if you dont already have them. 
They work wonders for back training, Not only will you be able to handle more weight, You will be able to remove the forearms out of the exercise.  In doing rows your hands are hooks, The last thing you want to worry about is your grip.  You should be pulling from the elbows not your hand.  Once you do that , Your mind / muscle conection will be 100%, You will be fully working the muscle at hand and remove your forearms out of the equation. I also use them on all chins and pull downs.  It puts all the stress on back.
You can always come back and train forearms at a differnt time.  Give it a try, It makes a huge difference.
As far as the declines go....  Yeah its usually 6-8 inches decline, However you dont have to jack the bench up that high to achieve what your looking for.
If you use 3 plates, That will be plenty.
On your shoulder pain, I agree with Bosox, Until you know what the issue is, It's not wise to just work through it.  You can end up really causing some damage.   I blew out my right rotor cuff back in 94.
I was out of action for 8 months..  I couldnt even raise my right arm to shampoo my hair... It was not fun.
Tomorrow is a rest day for you, Try to take it easy and rest your shoulder up... Thur will be shoulders and triceps for you..  Do alot of warming up and see how it goes.  If your just sore, Your ok, However if you feel any pain , Stop please... 
As far as swapping out bent over rows over seated cable rows... Sure...  Its the best back exercise you can do.  Especially if you do them after pull overs, Your back will be screaming...lol
Keep up the good work....
Many bodybuilders sell themselves short. Erroneously attributing their lack of satisfactory progress to a poverty of the requisite genetic traits, instead of to their irrational training and dietary practices, they give up training. Don't make the same mistake

Samazon
Locker Roommates
« Reply #44: August 18, 2015, 10:24:54 PM »
At a minimum 7 hours, but if I can sleep in and days I don't work it's like 9+...my sleep has always been kind of messed up, but this combination of ingredients just doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!