Sign In

Remember Me

How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

Should I start a TROOP log? no way dude - dont do it...

Read 64497 times

onder18
Rep: +1,046
Trust: 100%
« Reply #15: August 15, 2015, 06:21:12 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why are you going with a whey and soy mix for your intra?

eddiev2
Rep: +251
Locker Roommates
« Reply #16: August 15, 2015, 07:22:55 PM »
poo. I just looked up G8 to see wtf was in it for it to be that strong, about 2g of Phenibut and at nearly a gram of GABA... no wonder. poo

texasmade89
Rep: +695
Locker Roommates
« Reply #17: August 15, 2015, 07:50:35 PM »
I'm in bro.

Frankie-What ingredient in G8 do you think was responsible for such a massive hangover? Did reducing the dosage/timing help?
I REP BACK.

nowaydude
Rep: +834
Locker Roommates
« Reply #18: August 15, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
Sounds like I missed out on a good time... I hope Finaflex gives us another round lol

That one delivers - at least it did last night!   

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #19: August 15, 2015, 09:03:32 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why are you going with a whey and soy mix for your intra?

Cuz I bought some soy protein and I need to get rid of it - hahaha

It is good stuff for soy - myprotein - but still soy

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #20: August 15, 2015, 09:07:11 PM »
I am going half scoop tonight

I will let y'all know how it goes

WarMachine
Rep: +8,113
Locker Roommates
« Reply #21: August 15, 2015, 10:12:06 PM »
In for blood, guts, and glory!!!
Any human can train with iron, but it takes a machine to destroy the iron

You don't need to be an ABSOLUTE FREAK in order to be strong, you need to work ABSOLUTELY FREAKING hard to become strong

Embrace the hate from others and make that your power to achieve the gains you love

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #22: August 16, 2015, 04:22:38 AM »
Thanks war - hopefully way more glory than blood or guts!!  as they say - no pain no gainz...

I took a half scoop last night - that was on the money for me.  Slept like a baby and woke up more refreshed then hungover.  Slept from midnight to 6 pretty soundly...

mhseaver670
Rep: +6,693
Locker Roommates
« Reply #23: August 16, 2015, 05:29:54 AM »
In, I never did get the g8 I signed up for.
Maybe you should TRAIN as hard as you HATE.

"Getting stuck isn't always an option but staying stuck is!" - Cam

Frankiemusc
Rep: +3,789
Locker Roommates
« Reply #24: August 16, 2015, 05:49:59 AM »
I'm in bro.

Frankie-What ingredient in G8 do you think was responsible for such a massive hangover? Did reducing the dosage/timing help?

More than likely the phenibut.

I was only able to work up to 3/4 scoop up until the last few days and that was challenging. Had similar but lessened effects with 1/4 to 1/2 scoop
There’s no wrong time to do the right thing

Frankiemusc
Rep: +3,789
Locker Roommates
« Reply #25: August 16, 2015, 05:51:18 AM »

I think u are on someone's poo list....lol
There’s no wrong time to do the right thing

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #26: August 16, 2015, 07:54:28 AM »

Haters gonna hate!

I sent Montego a couple of messages and got it after a while - it is good stuff

Mjg1973
Rep: +529
Locker Roommates
« Reply #27: August 16, 2015, 06:25:16 PM »
Thanks dude - I tried the four segments this week to establish a baseline for this week and I am already pretty sore...

What have you added to the program?  I can knock these out in 40-45 I think, so I can add another 15-20 minutes to this deal...

The program I've been doing now for the last 2 yrs is pretty much blood and guts style, However more so how Dorian trained prior to Meeting Mike Mentzer before his first Mr. O win in 91. 
Basically it was the same program,  Just instead of doing one set to total failure, You to 2 sets to total failure.  So what ever amount of weight your using say for incline bench press, You do your first set to total failure. Then for your second set drop the weight 20% and take that set to failure as well. This protocol is repeated for every exercise of every body part.
Now where I switch things up is , If I am doing this program this entire week, Then the next time I do the same body part, I will do 4 total sets per exercise ( These are 4 working sets, Not including warm up sets).
On these my reps will be as follows. .. 12,10,8,6.
Now on these I will not go to total failure, I will stay 1-2 reps away from total failure.  Once I performed my last rep I'll have my spotter help me get the weight up and I will do forced negatives for like 3 or 4 reps.
Now to make it more challenging,  Once the spotter helps me get the weight up, He will then apply preassure to the bar, so not only are your lowering the weight in a slow controled manner, You also have him pushing down , So your also fighting that...lol..
It's a killer , But it does produce results..
Of course you can do this on all exercises...ie... bent over barbell rows, squats..etc.  On those I will implement rest / pause.  You still stay like 1-2 reps shy of failure.  When you finish your set, Rack the weight, Count to 20 , Then go for another 3 or 4 reps, Agian rack the weight, Count to 20, And shoot for another 2 or 3 reps.  Then the set is done.
I do all 4 sets that way.
Please note that if you decide to incorporate any of this , It will take your body a few weeks to get used to it.  It works though man..  Not only will muscles get bigger, But your strength will also increase pretty quick as well..  Lift big to get big brother...
Good Luck Man...
Many bodybuilders sell themselves short. Erroneously attributing their lack of satisfactory progress to a poverty of the requisite genetic traits, instead of to their irrational training and dietary practices, they give up training. Don't make the same mistake

nowaydude
Locker Roommates
« Reply #28: August 17, 2015, 06:27:07 AM »
The program I've been doing now for the last 2 yrs is pretty much blood and guts style, However more so how Dorian trained prior to Meeting Mike Mentzer before his first Mr. O win in 91. 
Basically it was the same program,  Just instead of doing one set to total failure, You to 2 sets to total failure.  So what ever amount of weight your using say for incline bench press, You do your first set to total failure. Then for your second set drop the weight 20% and take that set to failure as well. This protocol is repeated for every exercise of every body part.
Now where I switch things up is , If I am doing this program this entire week, Then the next time I do the same body part, I will do 4 total sets per exercise ( These are 4 working sets, Not including warm up sets).
On these my reps will be as follows. .. 12,10,8,6.
Now on these I will not go to total failure, I will stay 1-2 reps away from total failure.  Once I performed my last rep I'll have my spotter help me get the weight up and I will do forced negatives for like 3 or 4 reps.
Now to make it more challenging,  Once the spotter helps me get the weight up, He will then apply preassure to the bar, so not only are your lowering the weight in a slow controled manner, You also have him pushing down , So your also fighting that...lol..
It's a killer , But it does produce results..
Of course you can do this on all exercises...ie... bent over barbell rows, squats..etc.  On those I will implement rest / pause.  You still stay like 1-2 reps shy of failure.  When you finish your set, Rack the weight, Count to 20 , Then go for another 3 or 4 reps, Agian rack the weight, Count to 20, And shoot for another 2 or 3 reps.  Then the set is done.
I do all 4 sets that way.
Please note that if you decide to incorporate any of this , It will take your body a few weeks to get used to it.  It works though man..  Not only will muscles get bigger, But your strength will also increase pretty quick as well..  Lift big to get big brother...
Good Luck Man...

Nice - I will have to work my way up to that for sure!  I fly solo right now - no one to spot and focus on the negative, which is something that Yates talks about a lot during this training...  I could grab someone but I feel awkward and most people at my gym at the times I go aren't the spotter type - hahaha

AstromicJosh
Rep: +113
« Reply #29: August 17, 2015, 07:57:11 PM »
I am going to start a log for the TROOP supplements I have and see how things go.  Pretty sure that since I am logging this for my own edification - sharing it should be pretty easy and help hold me accountable.

I went back and forth on what I should do over the next few months and I think I am going to follow something along the lines of Dorian Yates - Blood & Guts plan on BB.com.  I don't have a huge amount of time to hit the gym - generally early AM weekdays, some weeknights, and weekends are spotty - due to family and work obligations.

I am a 37 year old dude that is looking to add strength, some size and definition, and set a positive example around my diet/nutrition/exercise for my kids.  I am going to target 2700-3000 calories, 45 protein/35 carb/20 fat type break down for the macros.

I am just about finished with DNO - thanks AstronomicJosh and the crew at Astronomic Nutrition for the chance to put it to the test.  I plan on starting the Blood & Guts program Monday morning.  I will add in some cardio and some HIIT on the off days.  Gym sessions for me will last about an hour - enough time for me to hit the weights and get to work in time...

MULTI - VITA-FREAK (TROOP)
PWO - Pre-33 (TROOP), glutamine, BCAAs
INTRA - Compete, whey/soy protein mix
POST - Real Food (TROOP), Whey Protein, Creatine Mono, glutamine, BCAAs
Before bed - G8 (TROOP)

zibby is sending me some VEXXUM and I will log that here as well...  thanks zibby

Finally - I would love some help here mainly because it has been a while since I have lifted seriously and I may type or think something that isn't right - would love to have anyone's thoughts on how to do things better...

Here goes nuthin

My pleasure, I look forward to your review.
CEO, Astromic Nutrition- Sports Nutrition Evolution

Stats:

Bench- 185
Deadlift- 275
Squat- 320
Leg Press- 365
Rows- 135
Curls- 105

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!