Sign In

Remember Me

How-to Guides and Articles

Forum

DLP1's log: A Test Cycle for the Older Gentleman (Moved)

Read 4993 times

DLP1
Rep: +801
Trust: 100%
« Reply #15: July 10, 2015, 05:02:35 PM »
Thanks - but not too keen on the idea of Mucuna Pruriens which is why I stopped taking the AD-3. I went back onto ZMA and must admit my sleep has been crap since then. Hoping to report bit of fat/water loss next week - we'll see.
DLP1
Gilroy, CA

DLP1
« Reply #16: July 20, 2015, 10:22:23 AM »
Hi all - its been 10 days since I posted but here is an update. One month in and definitely a recomp going on:

Stats at cycle start on 6/22:
Height 6ft
Weight 210
BF 15-16% (calipers)
BF weight 31.5lbs
LBM weight 178.5lbs

Stats at 7/20:
Height 6ft (obviously)
Weight 209
BF 12% (calipers)
BF weight 25lbs
LBM weight 184lbs

I have been getting in the gym 4-5 times/week with bike HIIT 2-3 times. Diet has been reasonably clean and 6 small meals spaced out through the day. Didn't give up the booze - I drink on average 2-3 units/day, which allows me to avoid big cheat days on eating.

I am very impressed with the D-Pol. Haven't used DAA before but certainly the D-Pol gave me some nice muscle gains which I noticed from week 2. I have more muscle mass now than I ever have. The fat loss only really kicked in about 5 days ago. I was having doubts about Compound 20, but I think its working. Difficult to say for sure since I also started with Pyroxamine at start of week 2 which definitely has contributed to the fat loss - if only because it suppressed my appetite. Maybe the Compound 20 requires a reasonably low calorie intake to work. Hard to say without running these 2 separately.Or maybe its not working at all and its the Pyroamine doing the fat burning which is resulting in the recomp with D-Pol.

What I can say is that D-Pol 3 tabs/day, with Compound 20 at 6 caps/day plus Pyroxamine at 3caps/day is definitely woking for me. If i can get to 10% BF in the next month I will be super impressed.

Will post some pics tomorrow after chest workout (in order to have a direct comparison with previous pics)
DLP1
Gilroy, CA

bosox516
Rep: +1,877
Locker Roommates
« Reply #17: July 20, 2015, 02:29:47 PM »
Great results so far, keep up the great work

iSamurai
Rep: +1,774
Locker Roommates
« Reply #18: July 20, 2015, 02:33:31 PM »
Great results man, C20 for me kicked in around week 4.  I've ran it numerous times before, I always liked in used in addition to another fat burner...always seemed to amplify the leaning effects and muscles felt much denser.

DLP1
« Reply #19: July 22, 2015, 01:25:19 PM »
Pics from today. A little bit water weight today due to the hot weather here, and the pics from today dont really show all the improvement since the July 7 pics farther down the string, but it is there.
DLP1
Gilroy, CA

DLP1
« Reply #20: July 22, 2015, 01:27:29 PM »
other pic
DLP1
Gilroy, CA

DLP1
« Reply #21: September 06, 2015, 08:13:04 AM »

Hi all - been a long time since I posted but now my 8 week cycle is finished and here is the final report. First the results:

Stats at cycle start on 6/22:
Height 6ft
Weight 210
BF 15-16% (calipers, measured at 3 points)
BF weight 31.5lbs
LBM weight 178.5lbs

Stats at 8/30:
Height 6ft (obviously)
Weight 203
BF 11% (calipers, measured at 3 points)
BF weight 22lbs
LBM weight 181lbs

So I added around 2lbs muscle and lost nearly 10lbs fat/water. Today, a week after finishing the supps i am still at 203.8 so it doesn't look like much of the loss was water, however i do feel I am starting to "unrecomp" a little since finishing the cycle: I feel like I have lost a little muscle and body fat creeping up slightly. Also couldn't hit any PBs this week which is a little depressing.  I was in Europe (Prague) for a week drinking beer and eating pizza which didn't help, but at least it was a nice break. Aside from that, I kept to 2 on1 off weight training with on average 2 x HIIT bike per week. Overall I am very pleased with the results.

Gym performance. I do 4 sets of 10 reps (at/close to failure) for 3 exercises each major body part. I made outright PBs for weight and PBs for reps all over the gym. Here are some examples:

Cycle start -- cycle end
Decline bench 225x9 -- 275x6
Close grip pulldown 200x10 -- 240x9
V Squat rack 6 platesx10 -- 9 platesx9
Also increased dumbbells 5lbs each on all shoulder exercises

Now to the stack:
D-pol - 3 tabs each morning
Compound 20 2 x 3 caps/day (upped from 2x2 - advice from iSam)
PWO - alternated between LG Fully Loaded AMPed edition and Nutrabio PRE
Optimum ZMA - 3  caps at bedtime
MusclePharm 3:1:2 BCAA 10g before workout

Other stuff
30g dextrose immediately after each workout
Fish oil/Glucosamine daily

Also:
Pyroxamine - I ran this for a month and stopped it due to the sides, but it definitely kickstarted started the fat loss
Green Mag 1 scoop/day - I stopped this after week 1 since I thought it may be causing me to hold water. The PRE does have some creatine in it anyway, and I was taking this on alternate workouts.

So what worked?
1. DPol - clearly a winner here and my #1 favorite supplement. I felt immediate strength gains from day 1 and noticed strength losses 1 day after stopping it. The strength gains allowed me to build muscle and also contributed to fat loss since I was doing more work.

2. PWO - both the PWOs I used (Fully Loaded and PRE) were awesome and really helped me get the most out of the cycle. If I had to choose one it would be PRE. Slightly smoother energy than FL and not quite as stimmy. A week after the cycle, the only thing I am taking now is a PWO, and while they still work (definitely helps reduce the come down off the other supps), they are definitely amplified with DPol.

3. Pyroxamine definitely works as a fat burner and I will use this again in month cycles.

4. Compound 20 - this is the supp which is themes difficult to assess: certainly you need to up the dose from the 4 per day recommended, and it definitely takes at least a month to work. Its not as aggressive as Pyroxamine. But I did continue to burn fat after stopping the pyroxamine, so I do think C20 worked. What I can say is that the stack worked and C20 was part of that. It may not be effective on its own, but I believe it played a part in the results I got. Whether it would have been just as good (or better) to take Pyroxamine for the 8 weeks instead of C20 is a tough question.

Finally here is a pic (outside) at start of cycle and two at the end.

Thanks to SR for all the advice and support! Now I need to decide what to do next...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:21:34 AM by DLP1 »
DLP1
Gilroy, CA

Mjg1973
Rep: +529
Locker Roommates
« Reply #22: September 06, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »
Nice stack run DLP1.   Congrats...  Progress pics look good.  You can definitely see you added some size.
Good Job...
Many bodybuilders sell themselves short. Erroneously attributing their lack of satisfactory progress to a poverty of the requisite genetic traits, instead of to their irrational training and dietary practices, they give up training. Don't make the same mistake

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,098
Locker Roommates
« Reply #23: September 06, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »
Nice job.

DLP1
« Reply #24: September 08, 2015, 05:31:29 PM »
Thanks all -

The photos are a bit confusing because the bottom one (taken outside) was actually the "before" photo. If I look a bit bigger in that its due to the fat...
DLP1
Gilroy, CA

killaz5
Rep: +402
Locker Roommates
« Reply #25: September 08, 2015, 08:02:22 PM »
Can see a big difference in the shoulders too. Congrats man
"It's hard to beat someone who never gives up."
"Do or do not. There is no try."

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!