AntM's Lean Bulk and Everything Else This Summer Log

Read 185017 times

« Reply #15: June 17, 2015, 12:55:50 PM »
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Legs Hypertrophy

Off day today. Legs do not feel too sore,  but feel tired if that makes sense. I went to the gym and did ab work, mobility, and cardio. I tried to do HIIT, but only got through five rounds or so and my legs said no mas. Did some light cardio instead for 20 minutes. What's odd is when I got home from the gym, I was walking to my front door and felt tightness in the back of my knee, in between my hamstring and calf. I only feel it when I am walking/lock my knee out completely, but more so when I'm walking. I don't know what happened between my drive home from the gym and getting home. Maybe I took too big of a stride when leaving the gym. Oh well, it won't affect me.

Went to my interview with the GM of Best Buy. He told me there are still a few to do, but he liked me. He would let me know his decision some time next week. I go home, checked my email and saw an offer lol. I took it, but I'm still going to the other interview tomorrow since it would be a better fit for me. At least I have something else lined up for the summer, so I'll have two little jobs while looking for a teaching gig. Gonna go for the drug test tomorrow morning or Friday afternoon.

Speaking of which, while I was interviewing, I got a call from a school in North Carolina that I applied to. We are going to have a phone interview on Monday the 29th.

Dosed pre bed again and slept like a champ again. I am going to continue that dosing. Also, I know Mag is supposed to be dosed 6 on 1 off, but since I train 6 days, I want to take it on training days. That said, I am not doing it today and will dose until next Wednesday. Essentially, it will be a wash.

Low Carb

Fat - 107g
  • Sat. - 36g
  • Poly. - 6g
  • Mono. - 22g

Carbless Select Death By Chocolate Muffins. I guess carbless could be debated since they have cocoa powder, but no flour. Moist and rose nicely.

Reviews later today

Performax Labs Product Specialist

« Reply #17: June 17, 2015, 03:50:16 PM »
Thanks Ryan!

AntM Reviews Cellucor C4 Extreme

I am coming off a 5 week stim break. Instead of opening a new tub of a pre workout, I decided to take all of the samples I have, which is a lot, and start assessing them and write reviews on them. First up is Cellucor C4 Extreme, two flavors, sour apple and fruit punch.

Mixability - Perfect, see the two pictures. A tiny bit of foam, but nothing extreme. No clumps and I did not use a whisk or anything else in the shaker. 10/10

Profile - Creatine Nitrate and Beta Alanine are dosed well, at two scoops which I used. Not overly stimulated either at one or two scoops. One scoop provides 135 mg of caffeine which is nice for someone looking for an average stim option. Someone like me with a naturally high tolerance needs two scoops, but the affects of two scoops are there. 10/10

Energy - Pretty good. At two scoops, I did not feel over stimulated and did feel like I had some extra energy. I cannot assess this on if I was not coming off a stim break. I can only assume it would not have affected me too much if I have been using stims. However, using it when I did, I had a nice flow of energy that carried me through my training sessions with no crash afterwards. It was clean with no jitters too. 8/10

Focus - Focus was pretty good. Nothing laser like, but I was focused throughout my entire workout. Once again, as I used it was good, but I don't know how this aspect would have been if I have been using stims. 9/10

Taste - Both flavors were pretty good. First, lets talk about the sour apple. This flavor I used 8 ounces of water. It did remind me of a sour apple candy. However, it was not overly sour or sweet, which I enjoyed. It reminded me of a green Jolly Rancher, not sour and a little sweet. I really enjoyed that flavor and would highly recommend it. The fruit punch on the other hand was your typical fruit punch. It did not stand out to me. Was is bad, no, but fruit punch is fruit punch. It is an overused flavor, probably due to it being very popular and perhaps it is easy to flavor. If you really enjoy fruit punch, you'll like this, but if you're looking for a fruit punch flavor that stands out from others, go with another flavor.

Sour Apple - 10/10
Fruit Punch - 7/10

Overall - If you are looking for a pre workout that isn't stim heavy, I would definitely check Cellucor C4 out. It is worth the purchase and trying. I have only had these two flavors and would go with the apple over the fruit punch. If you are looking for a little extra kick in the gym with some extra focus, go with this. It is a solid formula that provides solid effects. Cellucor makes awesome products so you know you're getting something solid and not trash.

Sour Apple - 9/10
Fruit Punch - 8/10
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 03:52:46 PM by AntM1564 »

abailey108
Posts: 363
Locker Roommates
« Reply #18: June 18, 2015, 09:15:24 AM »
C4 is always my go to PWO when I'm not trying something new. It always works well for me. Nice job so far.
Yeah you can find me on Google. Google TRAPS.

« Reply #19: June 18, 2015, 12:27:47 PM »

It is solid. I don't know how it would work for me if I wasn't coming off a stim break though. I hate being naturally tolerant to stims. I am friendly with one of their reps, he is sending out several of the new C4 to me to sample. I'll review those as well.

« Reply #20: June 18, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
June 18, 2015
Pull Power

So it is now official. I will have the summer school position. I have to go to training on the 29th. It is 45-55 minutes away, but it is only from 8:30-12:30 and then I have to fill out the payroll information. Not too bad. Then the summer schooling begins on July 6 and goes to July 31, so 4 full weeks. It runs from 7:30 to 12:30 every day minus the weekends. It will be at my high school/where I student taught/where I subbed/ It is only a 12 minutes drive. I can't complain. I applied to one other school in my state today since that school and another opened up yesterday. Before I fill out the other application, I have to update my resume with the summer school position. I will not be teaching social studies. Instead, it is an online health class. I have to make sure students understand the material, answer questions, report their progress, and record their grades. Not bad for $28/hr.

I called one of the nurses to the transplant team this morning to see what allergy medications I can take. I had to cave in, these allergies are killing me! I can take all of them which was surprising, usually I have to avoid something.

Had a heavy push day today, it went pretty well.

Once again, sleep was top notch. I am loving the dose of Alphadex pre bed. Libido seems to be up a little more than normal too.

Flat Bench 3-5 min rest

150x5,5,5,5,9*

This week calls for 5x5 with the last set being AMRAP. I originally wrote I was going to do my sets at 145 pounds, but I wanted to do more than my weight. Bench, even pre transplant, was never a strong suit for me. I suck at benching for some reason. And I do not bounce the weight off my chest, I don't want the wires holding me together to loosen :D My rest periods were in between 3-4 minutes. I will give myself 5 if needed though. It is power day after all!

Military Press 2-3 min rest

95x5,5,8*

This week calls for 3 sets of 5 with the last set being AMRAP. All the way down to the collarbone and up. No leg dive.

Incline Bench 90 sec rest

125x6,6,6

Seated Smith Shoulder Press 90 sec rest

70x6,6,6

I wanted to go behind the neck, but something felt off. I never had an issue before, but I have never gone 6-8 reps after other pressing. Weight just includes the plates total, 35 on each side, no bar.

Weighted Dips 60 - 90 sec rest

25x7,7,7

Incline Skull Crusher 60 - 90 sec rest

70x7,6,6

I lift my head off the bench so I can bring the bar behind my head/neck and come straight up. It allows for a greater range or motion.

High Carb

bosox516
Posts: 5037
Locker Roommates
« Reply #21: June 18, 2015, 01:38:53 PM »
The job I have now was the first to come my way, so I took it. I got my cert in NY and I wasn't really interested in staying there at the time.

« Reply #22: June 19, 2015, 11:49:51 AM »

Makes sense. Does NY transfer or no?

« Reply #23: June 19, 2015, 11:53:37 AM »
I got an email today from the teacher that was on maternity leave thanking me and also giving me some inside information. Another tech high school in the state is hiring a social studies teacher! I need to apply to it ASAP. I went to a tech high school, student taught in the same one, substitute taught in it as well, and am now doing the summer school job in the same one. That may look really good. Fingers crossed. I also got this bad boy in the mail today! Be on the lookout for reviews

« Reply #24: June 19, 2015, 02:47:09 PM »
AntM Reviews Cellucor Alpha Amino

Profile

-10g of Aminos and Hydration Compounds per Scoop
-5g 3:1:1 BCAAs per scoop
-Includes Concentrated 3x LeucineTM, a combination of Micronized L-Leucine, Leucine Nitrate and Leucine Peptides
-5g Aminos and Hydration Compounds per scoop
-Glutamine, Citrulline addtl. premium Aminos
-Hydrate Formula includes Coconut Water, Chia and Electrolytes (including Potassium)
-Alpha-BCAA Matrix 5000mg
-Alpha-Amino Complex 2500mg
-Alpha-Hydration Formula 2500mg

Alpha Amino has a 3:1:1 ratio. As far as I have read, any product with a higher ratio of leucine does not provide any added benefits. It also makes it harder to flavor the product and mixability sucks with the higher ratio. It has leucine nitrates and peptides which is a plus. The hydration complex makes this product versatile and can be used for any athlete. The only complaint about the profile I have is the blends are not fully disclosed, other than that, it would be perfect. I just have a thing against blends. 9/10

Mixability

For both samples, I used 20 oz of water. The mixability was perfect, no extra leucine particles floating around. No clumps either and this was without the wire ball in my shaker. 10/10

Taste

Lemon Lime was just like one of those yellow generic lollipops one gets as a kid at the bank or doctor. You know, the one where there is just a see through wrapper with nothing on it. More lemon than lime. 9/10

Recovery

It is hard to rate this after only two servings, so I am not going to give it a rating. However, my DOMS are where they would normally be. I use BCAA's for all my workouts, so it is unchanged as to the other product I was using prior.

Overall

Alpha Amino is a pretty good value for what one gets in the product. The taste is great, there are no particles, and the profile is solid. 9/10

« Reply #25: June 19, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »
June 19, 2015
Pull Hypertrophy

Taking Alphadex and Magnitropin pre bed has made for amazing sleep. Got a package from BPI today, so be on the lookout for several reviews regarding those products. Nothing much today, just work, trained, and ran some errands. Fill out a few teaching applications as well. I am so excited for legs tomorrow!

Pulldowns 60 - 90 second rest

107.5x8,8,8,8,8,9*

This week calls for 6x8 with the last set being AMRAP.

T  60 - 90 Bar Rowsec rest

80x10,10,11

This week calls for 3 sets of 10 with the last set being AMRAP. Done with a barbell in the landmine, not the hammer strength machine.

Wide Neutral Grip Pulldown 60 - 90 sec rest

100x10,10,10

Machine Rows

85x11,11,11

Chest support machine with various grips, I used the underhand grip

High Row 60 - 90 sec rest

• Mono. - 29g

« Reply #26: June 20, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »
June 20, 2015
Lower Power

Overall, I did a lot less sets than I would normally do on my power leg days, however, this was very tough. I was spent by the end. One thing I noticed was the little ache in the back of my knee was there slightly on a few reps of squats. It did not bother me on Roman Deadlifts, but once I did lying leg curls, I could feel the tightness. Probably due to my leg being almost locked out. It did not hurt, but was there. I did not feel anything yesterday so I thought I was good to go. I don't see this as a set back though, I'll be fine.

My triceps are still a little sore, surprisingly, from Thursday, hopefully they do not get in the way tomorrow.

So I got a lot of samples in the past two days, so be on the lookout for a lot of reviews. I still have plenty of samples from my old stash to try as well. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, I will keep you updated with that.

Back Squat 2-3 min rest

215x5x5x5
220x5,6*

This week calls for 5x5 with the last set being AMRAP. I originally wrote I was going to do my sets at 205 pounds, but decided to go with 215. After the third set, I pictured Boone being next to me saying stop being a little girl and go a little heavier. I went with 220 and it proved to be a good weight since I didn't kill the last set with a bunch of reps. I would have done 225 if I was resting 3-5 minutes.

Roman Deadlift 60-90 sec rest

235x5,5
240x6*

This week calls for 3 sets of 5 with the last set being AMRAP. Went heavier due to the same mindset on the squats. I perform these dead on the ground. I make sure I keep my lower back flat with the ground and pull the weight up. I keep a slight bend in my knees.

Leg Extensions 60 - 90 sec rest

• Poly. - 8g
  • Mono. - 22g

« Reply #27: June 20, 2015, 03:24:00 PM »
AntM Reviews BPI Iso HD Vanilla Cookie

Taste - Vanilla Cookie i not all that descriptive. I would say this tasted more like a vanilla cream more than a vanilla cookie. It was a very heavy tasting flavor. There was also a slight odd after taste, was it bad, no, but it wasn't mind blowing either. If I had to compare it to something, imagine take the cream from a cream puff and just eat that, without the pastry.8/10

Profile - Very good. One scoop is 32g and provides 120 cals, 25g of protein, 2 grams of carbs and 1 gram of fat. It also does not contain any taurine/glycine. Anyone can fit this powder into their daily diet. 10/10

Mixability - Perfect. I do not drink shakes. I bake with protein or in this case, for a test/review, combine the powder with non fat plain Greek yogurt and make a pudding. The mixability this way was perfect. Not clumps when just mixing it with a spoon and the powder did not stick to the sides of the bowl. A little thicker than I thought it would mix, but to me, the thicker the better. 10/10

Overall - I would highly suggest this product to anyone looking for an isolate powder. Are isolate powders necessary, not really, however, if one is lactose intolerant, I would definitely give this a shot. The name of the flavor is open to interpretation. I was expecting something light, almost like a vanilla waffer. The taste, to me, is more like a heavy vanilla cream. There is a slight odd after taste, but it is barely noticeable. One suggestion I would make to make the flavor true to its name is to add real vanilla cookie pieces. I think that would give it some texture and more of a vanilla cookie presence.  9/10

AntM Reviews AI Sports Recover Pro

Taste - So I had a sample of the lemon and decided to try it out. The lemon flavor was very subtle and had absolutely no sweetness, I was expecting it to be sweet. However, it tasted like really watered down lemonade. 5/10

Price - A tub of 125 servings can be found for $40-$45. That is a very good value. However, just know, you are only get BCAA, there are no additives. It is just flavored bulk BCAA essentially. But the price is on point. 10/10

Profile - 6 grams of BCAA per serving, not bad at all for the price, but it is a 4:1:1 ratio which makes the mixability a little off as you can see in my picture. Due to the leucine, there were many particles floating at the top of my shaker. 8/10

Overall - If you are in the market for bulk BCAA, then this is an option. However, do not expect a product that is flavored well. I would rather buy bulk BCAA and add my own flavor packet or drops to flavor it. 7/10

AntM Reviews Stimholic

Taste - I had the red apple flavor. The flavor was very flat. It was not bad, but it wasn't red apple. To make it more like a red apple, there needed to be more tartness/sweetness. It was not bad, but I didn't feel a refreshing feeling while drinking it that I would get from an apple.  7/10

Focus - Focus was top notch. I would say just under the range of tunnel vision like. I was able to focus on my training session without a problem.. 9/10

Energy - One serving, one scoop, gave me enough of a kick to get through my training session. I would not call it "stimholic energy" but it was subtle and I did not crash after at any point.8/10

Overall - The flavor does not live up to the name, but it is a pre workout product. That being said, I would much rather have a product that delivers results than has an amazing taste. Pre workouts are only consumed to aid me in my training session, I do not look for enjoyment out of the flavors as I do in protein powders. The name is a little misleading. At one scoop, there is enough energy and focus, but nothing off the chart. I was expecting one serving to give me the same energy and focus that most products do at two servings. However, I felt as though it affected me the same way most other products do at one scoop, maybe one and a quarter. It is still a solid product though. 8/10

willyb87
Posts: 1680
« Reply #28: June 20, 2015, 03:44:06 PM »
The recoverpro flavor is a little stronger with the red raspberry, as far as the lemon I really enjoyed the flavor at 2 scoops and a full shaker. The value is pretty good but If you follow the directions on the jug it recommends like 3 scoops for anyone over 180lbs I believe.
How are you liking your split so far? I started mine Friday and am so sore doing 3 power days followed by an off day and 3 hypertrophy push pull legs.  Really liking it though.

« Reply #29: June 21, 2015, 03:23:38 PM »

I only had the one sample, which is one scoop. I could see two scoops being better, flavor wise.

I like the split so far. Today was officially a week in. I am a little sore, but recover nicely. I do not know how you are doing three power days in a row! Seems like it would be brutal.
Product Specialist at Performax Labs

Sign up or Log in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!