Forum

Eddie V(Yea You Know Me!)'s Log

Read 32333 times

pudgusky
Rep: +532
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #45: December 15, 2014, 01:25:23 PM »
I may even get a chance to take WarMachine up on his offer to workout with him!

bring plenty of lube
'Nobody needs validation more than teenage girls and guys who lift weights' -Dom

eddiev2
Rep: +251
Locker Roommates
« Reply #46: December 15, 2014, 09:21:58 PM »
bring plenty of lube

but...that's your job...

I've been going into the higher rep ranges this week since I haven't done it in awhile and it seems to burn more and cause more DOMS than lower reps right now. This should help my shoulder heal up as well.

When I go high reps, I also pause midway on the way back down for about 2 seconds, and make extra sure I'm going very slow on the way down as well.

Oh, and as you'll be able to see below, I went kinda rogue today.

As always, all sets were with rest pauses, drop sets, and negatives as well, if possible.

12/13/14
Shoulders
Seated DB Overhead Press - 55 x 15 x 4
SS
Military Press - 100 x 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 in the 4 sets.

Pullups to failure (don't remember how many)
SS
N.G. Pullups to failure (ahout 2 or 3 each set)
SS
DB Military Press - 25 x 20-25 x 4

Side Lateral Raise (resistance machine) - 10 x 15 x 3 
Rear Delt Fly (resistance machine) - 15-10 x 15 x 3

You guys have no idea how much these higher reps and lower weight burned. It still hurts today, two days later.

DB Upright Row - 45 x 15 x 3
SS
DB Front Raise - 15 x 6 x 3 (I hate DB front raises, so I went to the resistance machine after)
Front Raise (resistance machine) - 10 x 15 x 3

Shrugs - 180 x 4 x 15
SS
Seated Calf Raise - 275 x 20 x 4

Leg Press Calf Raise (Full ROM) - 230 x 20 x 4

Song of the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYgGVayymYs
Let's see if Bosox like's this one :D

Crazy fact about the album that song is on, Year Zero by Nine Inch Nails, this whole album is a fooing masterpiece. I never liked the album much in terms of music, but it's not meant for that, it's meant as a story about the future, called Year Zero. There was a phone number to call, tons of videos, and fake government websites depicting this whole world that doesn't seem far from reality.The videos are below (they're all creepy as foo btw):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ6dwhHrWBk (Chef would love this one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqucAwTQe9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcgxE5bjeAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYi2_eOmC0w
Here's the story: http://www.nin.wiki/Year_Zero_Research#Year_Zero:_The_Story
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:51:46 PM by eddiev2 »

bosox516
Rep: +1,878
Locker Roommates
« Reply #47: December 16, 2014, 09:49:15 AM »
Nice workout, dude. The comment was about your selfie, not the song you picked lol. I normally don't have music playing when I lift but we have similar tastes.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #48: December 16, 2014, 09:57:09 AM »
Nice workout, dude. The comment was about your selfie, not the song you picked lol. I normally don't have music playing when I lift but we have similar tastes.

OH OH I SEE. Gawd, I thought my sexiness was an easy one to like.

Damn really?! I literally go out of my mind if I don't have some motivation in my ears. I think I've forgotten my earbuds twice, and those two times were both the worst workouts I've ever had hands down.

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #49: December 16, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »
I like music for cardio, otherwise I get so bored. But while lifting, there's something about just the drone of the fan. Hearing the plates rattle. I don't know, I feel more connected I guess.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #50: December 16, 2014, 11:10:39 AM »
I like music for cardio, otherwise I get so bored. But while lifting, there's something about just the drone of the fan. Hearing the plates rattle. I don't know, I feel more connected I guess.

Silence is deafening to me lol, but I usually have to drown out peoples' conversations at the gym with my music so I can focus.

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #51: December 16, 2014, 11:15:32 AM »
Silence is deafening to me lol, but I usually have to drown out peoples' conversations at the gym with my music so I can focus.

That I can understand. I'm normally by myself so I don't have any distractions. Anytime I've worked out in a public gym, I inevitably find myself staring in disbelief at the stupidity of other people.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #52: December 16, 2014, 11:26:43 AM »
All sets are RP and DS, and then negatives if possible, always to failure, as usual.
Whenever I'm in the high rep range, I make extra sure I'm going very slow on the way back down, exploding up (controlled), and pausing mid-way.

12/15/2014
Legs
Squats - 190 x 15-10-8-6-6-6 x 6
Form Check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI1u35uNMEo (I think I've finally got it down, but I still feel a bit uncomfortable, which you can probably tell with me constantly checking my feet)
I definitely have to keep working on my flexibility, because I couldn't go below parallel like I was trying.

One Legged Leg Press - 170 x 9 x 3

Leg Press - 290 x 7 x 1

Lying Leg Curl - 60 x 15 x 3
SS
Leg Extensions - 190 x 15 x 3

GHR - 90 x 15 x 4 (this was difficult)

Deadlifts - 310 x 1 x 1 (a PR for the last exercise in a workout) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf0D4GZIccA
260 x 4 x 1
150 x 15 x 2
Form Check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3p9OvPqMB0

Cardio:
I was dead. None needed.

Pre-workout Meal: 30g of carbs from a chilled sweet potato, Trutein
Post-workout Carbs: Everything in sight (sweet potatoes, berries, and melons)
Post-workout Meal: 1.53lbs of Sirloin Steak Tips in a mix of zucchini, carrots, and tomato sauce with diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning with parmesan cheese. DELICIOUS! Then everything else in sight. I was fooing hungry.

Calories: a billion. I was hungry man. I ate everything.

All in all, it didn't feel good to workout yesterday. I was on Nuvigil to keep me awake for the first time in months. My heart was just pounding all day and I felt like I was drained from the get-go. Lacked energy, strength, and oxygen. We'll see how today goes since it's the same protocol. If it's the same, I'm going to go buy an adaptogen from this health food/supplement store next to my house and some more phenibut (ran out) or a great sleep supp, because I didn't sleep last night either. I was soaked in sweat when it was 59 degrees in my house.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:29:44 AM by eddiev2 »

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #53: December 16, 2014, 11:27:53 AM »
That I can understand. I'm normally by myself so I don't have any distractions. Anytime I've worked out in a public gym, I inevitably find myself staring in disbelief at the stupidity of other people.

Haha YES! EXACTLY! I'm like...dude, what are you doing?

Not trying to make fun of anyone, but it's distracting when you watch a guy, thinking he's working out, bouncing on his toes with 5 lbs dumbbells. Like...what?

WarMachine
Rep: +8,113
Locker Roommates
« Reply #54: December 16, 2014, 11:41:59 AM »
Iron punishment across the pats nation!!!

Keep killing it Eddie  8)

bring plenty of lube

Please keep your fantasies to yourself pud
Any human can train with iron, but it takes a machine to destroy the iron

You don't need to be an ABSOLUTE FREAK in order to be strong, you need to work ABSOLUTELY FREAKING hard to become strong

Embrace the hate from others and make that your power to achieve the gains you love

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #55: December 16, 2014, 12:01:17 PM »
Squats:

Break at the hips first, then the knees. The power comes from your glutes. Bending first at the knees puts you in a weak position immediately. Your weight will be shifted forward, your knees will be under a lot of stress, your quads will be doing most of the work, and it will make it hard to hit depth because your hips are constantly playing catch-up. You should be pushing through your heels, not your toes. Different shoes, or going without shoes, might help. The back half of the foot is built for bearing weight, the front half is not.

I also can't tell how wide your stance is, but it may help to go wider, or turn the toes outward more. The natural movement of the squat is for your torso to come down between your legs, not on top of them. A wider stance, our toes turned outward more, will create more external rotation and a stronger position for your hips and glutes. Also, try to keep your wrists neutral where you grip the bar. This will help you get better elbow position and upper back tightness, which is crucial for applying a strong and stable platform to the bar.

Wide box squats will help with a lot of that. Also, check out Chris Duffin's youtube channel. He has a ton of stuff regarding squat form, hip mobility, stretching, warmups, pretty much anything you would need.

Deadlifts:

A lot of the same things apply. Your torso is in good position for the light sets, but poor position for the heavy single. Shoot your feet under the bar, and pull it right up against your shins. Watch the video again, and notice how the bar comes back toward you as soon as it leaves the ground. That means you're starting with it too far from your body, and it will pull you out of position immediately. Torn up shins are a heck of a lot better than a back injury.

There's also quite a bit of rounding with the heavy single. Flex your lats and triceps, lock the shoulders back, breathe deep and engage your core. You have to protect your spine. Look up the "lifter's wedge."

The beauty of the deadlift is that it is a push and a pull, and works pretty much everything. If you're out of position even a little, and it becomes too much of one at the expense of the other, you will be susceptible to injury.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #56: December 16, 2014, 05:17:03 PM »
Iron punishment across the pats nation!!!

Keep killing it Eddie  8)

Please keep your fantasies to yourself pud

Hahaha hell yeaaaa! Thanks man!

Bosox: Dude, I read this post over and over again and have been looking up form forever (before this post and after; checked out Chris Duffin's site and videos) and trying to get it down, but I just didn't get what you mean. I NEVER feel my glutes or hams on squats and always figured that was odd, but you're exactly right about my stance! I just was trying to practice it at my house and everywhere I went today (squatting down to the bottom shelf for shopping) and it FINALLY clicked! I pointed my toes out just a bit more outward and went even wider in my stance than I thought was normal, and I felt MUCH more balanced and was able to push up with my heels a lot more comfortably than before. I'd always kind of fall forward a bit and that scared the poo out of me and never understood why. I was also able to go much lower. When I tried to squat with this much wider stance, instead of pushing up with my quads as I've always done (which is probably why my quads kill every damn time), I basically am wide enough, and my feet are outward enough that when I explode back up and snap my hips forward, I do so from my hams and glutes and much less from my quads than before. Kind of like I'm squeezing inward with my hamstrings. My toes would be about 30 degrees outward. Does that all sound right?

The part about the hips, I don't completely get that yet, I think. So in the video, I can see that I'm bending my knees to lower my torso and kind of dropping, but trying to drop slowly. You're saying don't, and bend at the hips first (drop my butt back and lean forward a bit at the same time) right before I bend my knees. If you do it at normal speed, I'm assuming it looks instantaneous, correct?

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #57: December 16, 2014, 08:00:29 PM »
Don't think too much about it. Once you sit back with the hips, the knees will follow naturally as they should. Box squats will be extremely helpful for you.

brenth6112
Rep: +1,338
Locker Roommates
« Reply #58: December 16, 2014, 08:02:45 PM »
Big Bo coming through with the supa critique.
CFT by ISSA
USPA 181 Powerlifter
Squat-475(gym) 462(meet)
Bench-325(gym) 302.5(meet)
Deadlift-525(gym) 500.5(meet)
Total-1325(gym) 1265(meet)

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #59: December 16, 2014, 08:14:36 PM »
Big Bo coming through with the supa critique.

Just following your lead dude. I got a few novels from you mere months ago lol.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!