Forum

Eddie V(Yea You Know Me!)'s Log

Read 32331 times

eddiev2
Rep: +251
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #30: December 07, 2014, 09:49:54 PM »
I didn't have a pump or anything today since I went without a pre and barely had food minus the usual Trutein beforehand.

Oh yea, and today I did NOT make the mistake of not having starch before my workout. Had 25g in carbs of sweet potato and butternut squash.

All workouts are RP, DS, and negatives, as usual.

12/7/2014 - Quick workout I fit in my busy day today at 5. The gym closed at 6, so I didn't get to finish, unfortunately :(
Shoulders
Overhead Dumbbell Press - 130 x 6 x 4
Lateral Raise (resistance machine) - 22 x 12 x 4
Cable Rear Delt Flies (r.m.) - 22 x 10 x 3
Bent-over Rear Delt Flies (r.m.) - 15 x 10 x 3
(took it easy on front delts today)
Upright Row (r.m.) - 35ish (I played with the resistance on these) x 15 x 3
Front Raise (r.m.) - 13 x 15 x 3

Single Arm Shrugs - (some shrug/deadlift thing that I actually love) 200 lbs x 15 then 250 lbs x 7 reps and back down to 200 lbs (4 total sets)
- SSed with Ab Crunch machine - 130 lbs x 30 seconds (30 seconds was my rest so I just did it for 30 seconds)

External Rotation (r.m.) - 12 x 20 x 1
SS
Internal Rotation (r.m.) - 12 x 40 x 1 (these hurt my rotator cuffs a bit last week, so I just wanted to get the blood flowing this time)

Gym closed before I could finish :(

Side note: My lower back is on fire today. I can actually feel some DOMS in my lower lats too which is never the case. I'm gonna attribute that to the circuit bosox led me to. Thanks man!

Calories: ~2400
Went shopping after the gym and raced home before the game and ate really well afterwards. I bought a bunch of food which has me amped to cook tomorrow. Never tried an orange cauliflower, but I'm excited! Got some Opa Feta and Dill salad dressing/veggie dip that is surprisingly delicious and authentic tasting and is low calories. I then made sirloin tips in a mushroom, diced tomato, and garlic sauce with some oregano. Also had a small fruit cup I got at Stop & Shop with honeydew, cantaloupe (my favorite), pineapple, and a couple of grapes.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #31: December 07, 2014, 10:07:19 PM »
Bands and deep tissue stuff has done wonders for my achy shoulder.
http://youtu.be/bOW5O89SYlo

Give that a go.

Thanks guys! I may get some bands if they're actually that helpful. What do you exercises do you specifically do with them? I'm definitely giving those rotator cuff exercises a go next time bosox! Thanks! I'll probably go get some acupuncture and Gua Sha again tomorrow. That poo makes you sore, but it really does the shoulders wonders the next day, kinda like a deep tissue, but I think it's better. Good thing insurance covers acupuncture! I do need to find and then marry a woman that gives a good deep tissue though haha

Tough game by the Pats tonight. Man, I was nervous as foo, but we pulled through!

Finally, I'm caught up on my log. I'll finish my review of PES Select tomorrow and hopefully have some other stuff reviewed soon as well.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:46:34 PM by eddiev2 »

bosox516
Rep: +1,878
Locker Roommates
« Reply #32: December 08, 2014, 09:46:50 AM »
Possibilities with the bands are limited only by your imagination. I have found even just working in pull-aparts, aside from a serious burn at the end of a workout, has helped keep my shoulders balanced and mostly free from pain.

Regarding the upright row/bent row circuit, it leaves every muscle involved seriously fried and sore the next day, especially if you stick it out and do all 4 stages per set (snatch grip UR row, snatch grip bent row, clean grip UR row, clean grip bent row). On that same YouTube channel (Advanced Power Training) look for shoulder circuit 8. My last back/shoulder workout, I did the row circuit, immediately followed by shoulder circuit 8. Hellish burn.

I was impressed by the defensive play by both teams last night. It seems like SD got a lot of their starters back healthy. Solder was having a tough time at the beginning of the game but he stiffened up later on. Jamie Collins looked like a seasoned vet. Both QBs were mostly kept from doing any serious damage, and neither run game was very consistent. Brady only slightly outplayed Rivers. If I had any hair left, I would have pulled it all out when he threw that pick to Te'O in the red zone.

In the end, it's a win, and an important one as they hold onto first place. But they need to limit penalties, and finish drives. They should have won by at least two touchdowns. McDaniels should stick with what works. He has a tendency to drive 80 yards down the field and then try to get fancy near the end zone.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #33: December 09, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »
All sets are RP and DS, and then negatives if possible, always to failure, as usual.

12/8/2014
Legs
Squats - 190 x 10 x 1
Squats - 210 x 5 x 4 - (My form was finally much better (I think)! I found out I was hyperextending my back which was causing my back pain and my back to give out before my legs. I'll post the video in a bit of my form, and I'll be thankful if anyone would like to critique it.

One Legged Leg Press - 170 x 9 x 3

Seated Leg Curl - 90 x 8 x 3 (thank you to the beauty in front of me for staring me down and motivating me more  ;D)
SS
Leg Extensions - 240 x 7 x 3 (PR)

Sumo Deadlift -  230 x 4 x 4 (Love how much these kill your legs) (My back actually didn't give out by this point due to the squats earlier!) (still sore as a motherfooer though)

Time to make up for me not finishing yesterday's workout:
Shrugs - 230 x 12 x 1
180 x 15 x 3 (I don't recover well from heavy shrugs, so I was careful this time and just went high and slow)
SS
Upper Ab Crunch Machine (forget what it's really called) - 145lbs x 12 x 1
130 x 17 x 1
115 to failure (forget how many reps)
100 to failure

Seated Calf Raise - 235 x 25 x 4 (haven't gone in the high rep range for calves in a while, and I REALLY felt it)

Leg Press Calf Raise (Full ROM emulating standing calf raise) - 190 x 25 x 4

Ab Pulldown - 80 x 18 x 4
Oblique Pulldown - 70 x 20 x 4

Plank to failure - ~50 seconds x 3

Cardio:
No need today; it was a two hour workout.

Pre-workout Carbs: 20g of carbs from a chilled sweet potato and half of an orange (8g of carbs)
Post-workout Carbs: The other half of my orange, which tasted even better after the workout, and 9oz of blackberries and raspberries. yummay!
Post-workout Meal: Trutein, then Armenian Meatball Soup with Alexia's Seasoned Green Beans

I really love the idea of low GI starches before my workout. I've really had a lot of energy through my workouts unlike before.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 05:16:01 PM by eddiev2 »

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #34: December 09, 2014, 04:52:15 PM »
12/9/14

Had a doc's appointment after class downtown today and gotta study, so first rest day in 6 days today. I did love that streak I had going. I did do a lot of the broomstick shoulder dislocations today (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbk4Tl4K8fM). I used to try to do that on a daily basis which has helped a lot in the past, so I've been making sure to keep it up daily as of late again.

I really feel DOMS in my legs today, unlike in the past after leg day. Since I changed my leg routine last week, I've really felt it. Also, my lower back isn't feeling destroyed today like in the past after leg day. Really excited about that. I still feel like my legs don't recover well though, unlike every other part of my body. How well does everyone else recover in terms of their legs vs everything else? Cardio with legs (bike or even row) kills the next day, or even the day after, when I don't think it should.

Calories are a bit lower today, not sure where yet since the day's not over, but I'll keep you guys updated.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:11:11 PM by eddiev2 »

pudgusky
Rep: +532
Locker Roommates
« Reply #35: December 09, 2014, 06:06:15 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for opinions on, but my legs feel most sore 2 days after a workout but my other body parts are worst next day
'Nobody needs validation more than teenage girls and guys who lift weights' -Dom

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #36: December 09, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for opinions on, but my legs feel most sore 2 days after a workout but my other body parts are worst next day

Yea my fault. I fixed the question. So your legs recover better than your other body parts?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:34:37 PM by eddiev2 »

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #37: December 10, 2014, 07:30:36 AM »
Yea my fault. I fixed the question. So your legs recover better than your other body parts?

I think he's just saying that the whole DOMS and recovery process is slower with the legs, which makes sense because they contain the largest muscle groups. In essence, the soreness comes on later, and also heals later. I have a similar experience -- sometimes if I work upper body groups early enough in the day, I start to feel DOMS come on that same night. Legs, it's at least a full 24 hours until DOMS is in full effect. Everything takes longer and is more intense with legs.

That being said, adequate nutrition helps. I always, ALWAYS eat more when I squat or deadlift. Not even intentionally... I just have a huge appetite. It's the body's way of letting you know it needs more on leg day vs. chest or shoulders. I also try to eat more leading up to a taxing lower body workout, not only to get the most out of it but also to get a head start on recovery.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #38: December 12, 2014, 05:53:57 PM »
I think he's just saying that the whole DOMS and recovery process is slower with the legs, which makes sense because they contain the largest muscle groups. In essence, the soreness comes on later, and also heals later. I have a similar experience -- sometimes if I work upper body groups early enough in the day, I start to feel DOMS come on that same night. Legs, it's at least a full 24 hours until DOMS is in full effect. Everything takes longer and is more intense with legs.

That being said, adequate nutrition helps. I always, ALWAYS eat more when I squat or deadlift. Not even intentionally... I just have a huge appetite. It's the body's way of letting you know it needs more on leg day vs. chest or shoulders. I also try to eat more leading up to a taxing lower body workout, not only to get the most out of it but also to get a head start on recovery.

My appetite suppression is massive on leg day, but the next day I'm starving. For the next couple of days, I'm usually starving, but my calories always seem to dip on leg day and I never make up for it. I'm def trying to work on that.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #39: December 12, 2014, 08:33:11 PM »
Sorry for the lack of updates guys! I've been busy as hell with my classes ending this week, my finals on Monday, and just other poo. All this lead to two rest days back to back,

12/9/14 - Off

12/10/14 - Off

All sets are RP and DS, and then negatives if possible.

12/11/2014
Chest
Bench Press - 210 x 5 x 2 (Shoulder clicking again, but no pain) (Frustrated with my lack of progress getting back up to 240, so I've gotta change something up)
190 x 6 x 2
DB Incline Close Grip Press/DB Incline Press (to failure than went straight to incline press) - 35 x 12 x 3
DB Incline Flies - 35 x 9 x 3
Cable Crossover (resistance machine) - 20 x 15-20 (somewhere in that range)
Cable Flies (res. machine) - 25 x 15 (again somewhere in that range)

C.G. Tricep Pulldown - 45 x 15 x 3
Tricep Pressdown - 65 x 8 x 3
One-handed Tricep Cable Extension - 20 x 15 x 3

Felt like going high reps on the calves today. Haven't done that in a while and it really felt good.
Seated Calf Raise - 240 x 25 x 4 (started to feel like my calves were gonna tear)
Leg Press Calf Raise (full ROM emulating standing calf) - 230 x 20 x 4
Leg Press Calf Raise (toes angled outward) - 230 x 15-20 x 3 (this felt really good)

HIIT for 5 minutes on the bike and 5 minutes on the row machine.

I also did a few more things in the gym being all rogue and poo. It was one of those days.

Calories: ~2400 - Don't remember macros.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #40: December 12, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »
All sets are RP and DS, and then negatives if possible.

12/12/2014
Back
DB Rows - 70 x 12 x 4 (went light today)
Bent-over BB Row - 140 x 15 x 4
Circuit x 4
(
C.G. Pullups to failure
N.G. Pullups to failure
Pullups to failure
)
Dips to failure x 4 (NO SHOULDER PAIN OR CLICKING!!!! ALSKJDASIDJOAWI111)
SS
Shrugs - 140 x 15 x 4
(worked some deadlifts in during a couple of rests between sets)

Straight-Arm Pulldown - 55 x 8 x 3
SS
Kneeling Ab Rope Crunch - 70 x 25 x 4

Plank to failure (45 sec) x 2
(did this next to a hit chick that disappoints me; she only comes to do some crunches and maybe cardio for 10 minutes a day then leaves   ::))

The gym was packed, so I just started to mix the order up from this point.
I really made an extra effort to go slow and squeeze on biceps today in the high rep range.
EZ Curls - 60 x 15 x 1
50 x 15 x 3
Preacher Curls (went to the machine, way more tension than curl bar) - 60 x 15 x 3
SS
Incline Crunches to failure
Behind-back Cable Curl - 20 x 15 x 3

Seated Cable Row - 57.8 x 13 x 4
Lat Pulldown - 130 x 8 x 1
115 x 15 x 3

Calories: ~2650 - Protein: ~50%

Pre: Fully Loaded, Lemon Meringue Trutein, 200g of butternut squash sauteed with butter and salt (20 or so carbs)
Post: Trutein, homemade chicken shawarma, and 30g of carbs from purple sweet potatoes slices I sauteed with butter and salt.

Song that got me going: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtLNcDYJbQ - https://music.xbox.com/Track/80E56407-0100-11DB-89CA-0019B92A3933?action=play

Brent inspired me for the pic while I was listening to this song, "just 'cause."  ;D I WAS READY TO GO!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 05:15:23 PM by eddiev2 »

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #41: December 13, 2014, 11:27:37 AM »
Whatever gets you psyched I guess lol.

brenth6112
Rep: +1,338
Locker Roommates
« Reply #42: December 13, 2014, 04:41:59 PM »
I knew my selfie was a bad idea.
CFT by ISSA
USPA 181 Powerlifter
Squat-475(gym) 462(meet)
Bench-325(gym) 302.5(meet)
Deadlift-525(gym) 500.5(meet)
Total-1325(gym) 1265(meet)

Samazon
Rep: +1,861
Locker Roommates
« Reply #43: December 15, 2014, 11:35:48 AM »
Lol. Nice selfie. Really enjoyed that last workout, looked like a killer man!
There was something different about her..something special. And he couldn't quite place it...but it was in the way she moved...and what she did..

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #44: December 15, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »
Hahaha thanks!

I had a shoulder day the day before yesterday. I changed it up and my delts are absolutely killing me today because of it. It was a real good workout. Had to take an off day yesterday to study for finals all day today. Now that school's out of the way, I won't take a rest day until Monday, when I fly to FL. I may even get a chance to take WarMachine up on his offer to workout with him!

I'm off to do the leg day which I've been absolutely dreading. My squats are disappointing, but we'll see how it goes. I've been working on my form, which I'll record again (I didn't post the last one) for everyone to dissect. I'll see if I can do the same with my deads, but I don't know if there's any room to get a good angle from my phone, but we'll see what happens.

My near-term goal was to get the veins back in my lower abs to pelvic region, but I after a couple of deficit and maintenance days, I saw them this morning when I woke up! So, there goes that goal. Time to get this damn squat weight up.

My new goal: Be able to squat 300 by January. I'll need help though, because I don't understand why I can't yet.

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!