Locker Roommates
« Reply #15: December 04, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »
ITS A TRAP!!!
DON'T DO IT!!! Next thing you know he'll want to spot you while your squatting

LOLOLOL

lol @ "stay around 5-6% bf"
actually laughed out loud after seeing the pics

but seriously, subbed. kill it

lol my fault. I didn't mean to imply I was there already, but yea. I would like to hover as close as possible to 6%, but I feel like a fatty right now man. That's why I made this log, so I'm held accountable to get back into it hard every day. Right now, I haven't been active and have only been going at it every other day. I don't know where I'm at now, but I'd say around 9% (am I wrong? I left my calipers in FL). I liked where I was before, but I love the strength and mass I've put on. I think what I'm gonna try to do is go hypercaloric on chest day to work on my chest, and maintain every other day. Should I just stay on a cut as I said I was doing? Whatchu think (as well as anyone else's input)? Am I ok and being a little paranoid girl or do I have merit?

Btw, I expect your ass to always call me out where I fail haha

Definitely in. Kill this poo, bro. I was born in Fall River, lived in Dedham til I was 11. Since we're all sharing personal history lol. I'm making plans to go down for spring training for a week in March, can't wait.

I actually have family in Hyde Park and am pretty much around there and Dorchester a lot.

Def appreciate the support guys! Off to leg day now.

P.S. - I must have offended somebody, I've been downrepped 4 timed since yesterday. shiiit.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:31:52 AM by eddiev2 »

Samazon
Rep: +1,861
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #16: December 04, 2014, 10:52:38 AM »
Kill it bro. Good to see someone start a log for something other than a log op from a company.
I have one for attention ;-), jk
Subbed!
There was something different about her..something special. And he couldn't quite place it...but it was in the way she moved...and what she did..

eddiev2
Rep: +251
Locker Roommates
« Reply #17: December 04, 2014, 09:07:37 PM »
All sets are RP and DS, and then negatives if possible.

12/4/2014
Legs
Squats - 190 x 9 x 5 - Definitely my weakest link. Sad, cause I work my ass off.
Back Extensions (I felt my back needed more work today since I was mad at my squat) - 220 (max) x 12 x 3
One Legged Leg Press - 170 x 9 x 3
Leg Curl - 100 x 7 x 3
SS
Leg Extensions - 230 x 8 x 3 (PR) (I probably could have gone higher!)
Sumo Deadlift to failure then Deadlift to failure -  230 x 4 x 1 (not counting deadlifts)
190 x 10 x 4 (not counting deadlifts) I was sooooo spent by this point.

Ab Crunch Machine - 130 x 17 x 4
Plank to failure x 3

Then 3 minutes racing on the bike (I love that Expresso video game poo - http://expresso.com/) for cardio because I had to run over to my acupuncture appointment. It felt so damn good, man. First time I've ever fallen asleep there, and it happened twice today haha.

I felt like cutting today. It hurt and I starved like a female dog, but I made some good food that filled me up in the end; steamed broccoli and kale and beef shawarma an hour before bed. For dinner I made chicken parmesan without breading and with fat free mozzarella. Freakin' delicious!

Post-workout carbs: butternut squash with green beans and diced tomatoes with green chiles curried.
Post protein: Island Oasis Fuel Low Carb Whey - I ran out of PES Select today. Waiting for my Trutein to come in. I've definitely missed it.

I HATE when companies like Island Oasis try to be shady and cheap by putting in mono and diglycerides, which are trans fats, and yet they're not forced to put that on the label. fooin' A.

Oh yea, and I when people stare at me waiting for me to finish a fooin weight. DO SOMETHING ELSE! /rant :)

Calories: ~1900 Protein: 57% (l clearly loved my chicken today)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 09:44:05 PM by eddiev2 »

pudgusky
Rep: +532
Locker Roommates
« Reply #18: December 05, 2014, 06:57:44 AM »
ok I'm going to try to answer all your questions in order
I don't know
Nah
I think that's worth a shot if you want to build your chest. See how it goes
Go the little girl route. Play to your strengths
calling people out is all I do here. I try to contribute but I'm kinda a piece of poo

also oh no your hard earned internet points are missing :'(

I don't understand your beef with island oasis...it's illegal to add trans fats to products I thought? are you sure you're right about that?
'Nobody needs validation more than teenage girls and guys who lift weights' -Dom

bosox516
Rep: +1,878
Locker Roommates
« Reply #19: December 05, 2014, 07:26:51 AM »
I think you should get that squat up before you worry about the size of your chest. That's just me though... Not sure if you're after strength or aesthetics.

mhseaver670
Rep: +6,694
Locker Roommates
« Reply #20: December 05, 2014, 09:32:44 PM »
I try to contribute but I'm kinda a piece of poo

hit the nail on the head there.
Maybe you should TRAIN as hard as you HATE.

"Getting stuck isn't always an option but staying stuck is!" - Cam

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #21: December 05, 2014, 10:30:23 PM »
ok I'm going to try to answer all your questions in order
I don't know
Nah
I think that's worth a shot if you want to build your chest. See how it goes
Go the little girl route. Play to your strengths
calling people out is all I do here. I try to contribute but I'm kinda a piece of poo

also oh no your hard earned internet points are missing :'(

I don't understand your beef with island oasis...it's illegal to add trans fats to products I thought? are you sure you're right about that?

Lol thanks pudg.

Listen female dog...

Yup. They include mono and diglycerides (some other protein powders do as well) which are hydrogenated by their very nature to even become mono and diglycerides (you have to heat up and destabilize a triglyceride to separate its bond to make it a mono and di). Guess what though? The government doesn't count them as trans fats. They're considered "emulsifiers." ::( A lot of companies, including food companies, are using that loophole now.

I think you should get that squat up before you worry about the size of your chest. That's just me though... Not sure if you're after strength or aesthetics.

I 100% agree man. I get so frustrated on leg day because for some reason, I feel like my legs just don't recover as well and I work hardest on those days because I feel I'm lacking so much. I think my legs are pretty solid. I feel it's my lower back that gives out though before anything else on the squat. That's why I added back extensions in. DOMS is ALWAYS a female dog on my legs and lower back and I'm progressing in everything, except for my squat, or maybe just not progressing fast enough. EASILY my weakest link. Any tips?

P.S. I'll log my workout from today, tomorrow before tomorrow's workout.

P.P.S. I got my LGI Fully Loaded in today! Can't wait to give this poo a try tomorrow! I'm like a kid on Christmas!! hahaha
Oh yea, and I got my Trutein back too! No more Island Oasis poo from the Honeydew at my gym. I missed the Trutein taste. The PES Select was getting old (review coming).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:35:09 PM by eddiev2 »

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #22: December 06, 2014, 05:18:53 AM »
I've had my issues with the squat, man. Still do. We've all been there. If your lower back is the problem, that likely means a couple of things. Either your core isn't strong enough or you don't brace it enough, or your form puts your spine in a compromised position. The squat involves every single part of your body, like no other lift. Yes your glutes and quads do most of the work, but if your upper back and core aren't locked in properly to transfer that load, you will be working inefficiently.

The best thing you can do is record yourself if possible. There may be something going on that you're not aware of, and someone might be able to spot it in a video.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #23: December 06, 2014, 09:51:54 AM »
I've had my issues with the squat, man. Still do. We've all been there. If your lower back is the problem, that likely means a couple of things. Either your core isn't strong enough or you don't brace it enough, or your form puts your spine in a compromised position. The squat involves every single part of your body, like no other lift. Yes your glutes and quads do most of the work, but if your upper back and core aren't locked in properly to transfer that load, you will be working inefficiently.

The best thing you can do is record yourself if possible. There may be something going on that you're not aware of, and someone might be able to spot it in a video.

Thanks man. Yea I'll definitely record myself and post it next time for it to be evaluated.

Off to the gym now. Was gonna post my log from yesterday, but just took LGI's Fully Loaded and I expected it to take like 20 minutes to kick in, but this poo is quick! I'm tingling like a motherfooer right now. I haven't felt this tingle from BA since the HydroCarn in Pump Igniter. This poo is quality! I've gotta head to the gym now before I jump out of my skin.

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #24: December 06, 2014, 08:59:31 PM »

12/5/2014
Chest
Bench Press - 190 x 9 x 4 (Proud of myself since I'm working myself back up from my shoulder injury)
DB Incline Close Grip Press/DB Incline Press (to failure than went straight to incline press) - 45 x 7 x 3
DB Incline Flies - 35 x 8 x3
Cable Crossover (resistance machine) - 22 x 15
Cable Flies (res. machine) - 20 x 15

Tricep Pulldown - 70 x 8 x 3
Tricep Pressdown - 65 x 8 x 3
Skullcrushers - I attempted this, but my left rotator cuff, all of a sudden, started to sting. It felt as if the tendon moved in front of my AC joint (I tore it in March and had tendinitis and bursitis), and just got stuck. I started massaging it and it felt like it snapped back into place and the pain was gone. Really weird... never felt that before. I did end up just doing the 50lbs bar to failure, but it was too high of reps to count or remember. Somewhere in the 20s.

Seated Calf Raise - 330 x 16 x 2 (started to feel like my calves were gonna tear)
280 x 20 x 2
Leg Press Calf Raise (full ROM emulating standing calf) - 250 x 20 x 4

No cardio today, but the workout felt damn good. Chest is killing me today. Got a serious case of DOMS. Feels good.

I'll post today's log in the morning before the gym. It was a really tough one and it honestly took everything out of me today.

Calories: ~3100 and still hungry lol. Protein: ~53%
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 06:33:44 AM by eddiev2 »

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #25: December 07, 2014, 08:37:33 AM »
That's a great workout man. Do you think rest pauses and drop sets might be wearing that shoulder down unnecessarily?

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #26: December 07, 2014, 05:43:21 PM »
That's a great workout man. Do you think rest pauses and drop sets might be wearing that shoulder down unnecessarily?

Thanks bro! I'm not sure. I mean, if I feel pain, I make sure I stop and re-check my form and my angle. I'm always very careful with my joints. The RP, DS, and negatives were only as of recent and my shoulder has improved if that helps at all. I did read what you said before my shoulder workout though and went into the higher rep range with lighter weights just in-case. I'm really trying to work on my rotator cuffs to heal and prevent injury. Acupuncture and Gua Sha has helped too.

brenth6112
Rep: +1,338
Locker Roommates
« Reply #27: December 07, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »
Bands and deep tissue stuff has done wonders for my achy shoulder.
CFT by ISSA
USPA 181 Powerlifter
Squat-475(gym) 462(meet)
Bench-325(gym) 302.5(meet)
Deadlift-525(gym) 500.5(meet)
Total-1325(gym) 1265(meet)

bosox516
Locker Roommates
« Reply #28: December 07, 2014, 07:57:04 PM »

eddiev2
Locker Roommates
« Reply #29: December 07, 2014, 09:30:49 PM »

12/6/2014
Back - (changed it up a bit today, starting with a circuit of my own instead of DB Rows as usual)
Circuit x 4
(
Pull-ups to failure (somewhere around 18 I think)
N.G. Pull-ups to failure
C.G. Pull-ups to failure
)
DB Rows - 75 x 10 x 4
High Hip Deadlift - 150 x 20 x 4

(Circuit that bosox enlightened me to. Loved it!)
Upright BB Row - 150 x 15 x 3
SS
Bent-over BB Row - 150 x 15 x 3

Deadlift - 300 x 1 (Couldn't get it up anymore. I must have been spent)
250 x 8 x 4 (This absolutely spent me. I was so done. I was drained, had to sit down in-between sets, and just had nothing left, but I persevered 'cause I'm just a beast like that  ;D)

Lat Pulldown - 100 x 15 x 3
Straight-Arm Pulldown - 55 x 8 x 3

EZ Curls - 70 x 8 x 4 (biceps were on fire by this point!)
Concentration Curls - 25 x 10 x 3
Behind-back Cable Curl - 20 x 13 x 3

Kneeling Cable Crunch - 80 x 25 x 4
Kneeling Oblique Cable Crunch - 75 x 14 x 1
65 x 20 x 3

No cardio today. I was just trying to make it through since the deads.

Calories: I dunno. Somewhere around 2500. I had some shawarma and hummus with a Greek salad from some place. It was pooty and I was unimpressed. So I then came home and made it myself and it was bangin'!. Lol that's why I never eat out.

So I was zapped after deads for the rest of the day, not just my workout. I didn't even have enough energy to off the couch. The reason? I didn't have starch before I left to the gym. I didn't have any at the house, so I instead had some fruit and beets, but it seems none of that ever gives me energy to power through a workout, only starches do (low GI such as squash or a chilled tuber).

Pre: Fully Loaded, Trutein with cranberries, Ostrim (I love that poo), some beets and a bit of an apple
Post: Trutein, tabouli, shawarma, hummus, and greek salad.

Song that came on during my deadlift that had me push through my lethargy and made me yell, "never surrender!" at myself and look like a lunatic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E1ZOn0ivyw Song gets you amped! Especially when that "never surrender" part comes on.

Song that kept me pushing through my curls and yelling at myself, "the rain will cleanse me!" like a lunatic again - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqBlhzNztic
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:03:59 PM by eddiev2 »

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!