Forum

Clippy's Log:Back to Basics

Read 122517 times

Clipper83
Rep: +4,419
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1125: November 05, 2018, 09:13:48 AM »
Had my first workout this morning since getting my teeth pulled. I still have stitches in so I had to take it light. Being on antibiotics doesn't help either.

Hit my chest, 4 different exercises followed by 15 minutes of light cardio. Got a nice pump, so that was fun...

I hit a new low weight last week. 180.7. So that's a positive I guess.
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

MarsheS
Rep: +1,507
« Reply #1126: November 05, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »
Damn dude doing anything to shed a few ounces...
Hahahahahaha!

Hey Clipper83, tell us how you cried when you got your teeth pulled out ;D

Haven't seen the product you guys are talking about but anything with Arginine Nitrate is a win.

Clipper83
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1127: November 06, 2018, 05:47:27 AM »
They pulled both out within one minute. It was pretty surprising. I was on painkillers for the rest of the week.... we fly high, no lie

Yeah Ghost Pump has 2.5 grams of Arginine Nitrate per serving (2 scoops). Its very enjoyable and Id argue it's almost better than Celluvol, or at least on par.

Trained back this morning. Again it was a light workout as Im going against dentist orders.
If you can't explain it using simple words, you don't understand it well enough.

ExAdmin
Rep: +4,815
Administrator
« Reply #1128: November 06, 2018, 06:33:15 AM »
Do you ever have dreams where your teeth are falling out??
- Tommy

Clipper83
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1129: November 07, 2018, 01:53:39 PM »
Do you ever have dreams where your teeth are falling out??

I'm almost afraid to say yes

Clipper83
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1130: November 07, 2018, 09:10:33 PM »
So I did 30 minutes of cardio this morning. Not really why I'm posting, but this is something I thought I'd share.

I've been working on changing my sleep schedule. For years, I've been training in the evenings, taking caffeine at 8pm-10pm sometimes.This of course made mornings quite difficult. It also left me with little time to do other things. So these past couple of weeks, I've been forcing myself to wake up at 4:30 (end goal is 4am).

Well, last night I passed out at 9pm, which is early. Thinking I'd be up later, I of course forgot to set my alarm. To my surprise, I woke up at 4:30 this morning on my own. Got right up and went to the gym to do something I was considering skipping just the night before.

Now I get the workout out of the way early, get to work on time, come home early, and now have more time to do things when I get home. So, things have been changing for the better on my side.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:36:48 AM by Clipper83 »

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,051
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1131: November 08, 2018, 02:46:30 AM »
Welcome to the club.......😄😄😄
I haven't used an alarm clock in over a decade, much to the annoyance of my relatives.  But as you see I am up pretty early most days. Get my stuff done in the am and then for me have family time after dinner.

DaSlaya
Rep: +2,893
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1132: November 08, 2018, 07:40:52 AM »
Yeah I will never not workout in the morning.   I am in bed around 8pm, asleep no later than 9pm during the week and up at 4am. Even though my gym does not open until 6, I am up awake, and usually watch some tv in bed until its gym time.  I love the feeling of having your workout done and the whole day left.  Hell even on saturdays I get to the gym when it opens at 7.  Mentally I think it sets your day up nicely as well.  As today is a rest day I am already kind of like blehhhh for my morning.
-Chris

bctuthill
Rep: +2,067
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1133: November 08, 2018, 07:53:34 AM »
I'm on the same schedule out of necessity, but I've grown to enjoy it and find myself rarely sleeping past 5:30 even if I try to sleep in on the weekend.  I like how it's squarely in my control to make myself get up at 4 on a daily basis.  It's my first challenge of the day... kind of similar to the SEAL who wrote the book about making your bed, it's great to have a win right off the bat.   Though my coworkers do think it's weird when I'm ready to eat lunch by 10am most days.

ExAdmin
Rep: +4,815
Administrator
« Reply #1134: November 08, 2018, 10:17:29 AM »
I'm also in the no-alarm clock club.  I've found that I've had a hard time sleeping in ever since I turned 30.  I feel seriously weak in the AM though.  I need to wait until afternoon and a couple of meals to feel like I've got maximum strength.

I'm almost afraid to say yes

I feel like anytime I have dental work done, I always have these recurring dreams that my teeth are all falling out.  It's so awful but I'm relieved when I wake up knowing my teeth are still there.
- Tommy

SDS1582
Rep: +93
Trust: 65%
« Reply #1135: November 09, 2018, 10:45:57 AM »
Yeah I will never not workout in the morning.   I am in bed around 8pm, asleep no later than 9pm during the week and up at 4am. Even though my gym does not open until 6, I am up awake, and usually watch some tv in bed until its gym time.  I love the feeling of having your workout done and the whole day left.  Hell even on saturdays I get to the gym when it opens at 7.  Mentally I think it sets your day up nicely as well.  As today is a rest day I am already kind of like blehhhh for my morning.

100% agree.  When I used to work out later in the day like after classes or work, I not only was tired but couldn't stay disciplined.  There was always an excuse to not go to the gym.  Once I started working out early in the morning before the day even gets going, my routine became almost robotic.   Now, I wake up and get ready and go to the gym, put in the work, and then I'm done for the day and I don't have to worry about being "too tired to work out" or whatever. 

Copyright © 2018 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.