Forum

New Study, New Product

Read 5211 times

Grambo
Rep: +53
Trust: 56%
Locker Roommates
New Study, New Product « : August 20, 2014, 04:44:54 PM »
Background: Aside from caffeine, there is a relative dearth of evidence regarding natural ingredients that enhance subjective “energy” levels. We have studied a unique, naturally occurring purine alkaloid, present in Camellia assamica variety kucha tea (amongst other botanical sources) that acts on both adenosinergic and dopaminergic pathways that appears to influence multiple neurochemical pathways.

Purpose: As a first step in a series of experiments, we examined the effects of TeaCrineTM, a nature-identical, chemically equivalent bioactive compound known as theacrine (1,3,7,9-tetramethyluric acid), in humans.

Methods: Using a randomized, double-blinded, within-subject (crossover) design, 15 healthy subjects (mean ± SD age, height, wgt, BMI: 28.3 ± 6.1 y, 175.7 ± 11.5 cm, 89.8 ± 21.7 kg, 29.1 ± 4.7) ingested 200 mg of TeaCrineTM (Compound Solutions, Inc., Carlsbad, CA) (TC) or Placebo (PLA). Anchored VAS questionnaires were used to detect changes in various aspects of physical and mental energy and performance; side effect profiles, hemodynamics and biochemical markers of safety were also collected over a 3-hr post-dosing period. A subset of 6 subjects underwent a separate 7-day, open-label, repeated dose study comparing 100 mg, 200 mg and 400 mg of TC.

Results: The 200 mg dose of TC caused significant improvements in energy (TC: +8.6% vs. PLA: -5.7%, P=0.049) and reductions in fatigue (TC: -6.7% vs. PLA: +5.8%, P=0.04). A trend for improved concentration was also noted (TC: +2.4% vs. PLA: -1.3%, P=0.07). No changes in systemic hemodynamics or side effect profiles were noted. The N=6 cohort study demonstrated moderate to large effect sizes (0.50 to 0.71) with the 200 mg dose of TC over a 7-day period of assessment for the following subjective measures: energy, fatigue, concentration, anxiety, motivation to exercise and libido.

Conclusion: These preliminary data support the benefits of acute TeaCrine supplementation on subjective “energy” levels and some indices of mood and mental performance. Future studies are underway to confirm these neurotropic effects and also explore potential benefits of TeaCrineTM on objective measures of cognitive and physical performance, inflammation, pain perception, and functional capacity.
Head Purus Labs Rep
www.Puruslabs.net
"Why would you go through your life not giving it your all?"

Members don't see ads. Sign up for FREE to remove ads, and start earning free supplements!

eddiev2
Rep: +251
Trust: 100%
Locker Roommates
« Reply #1: August 20, 2014, 04:51:17 PM »
Interesting. I'd be interested. I'd also be interested in a 3rd party study.

Grambo
Locker Roommates
« Reply #2: August 20, 2014, 05:04:04 PM »
Interesting. I'd be interested. I'd also be interested in a 3rd party study.

Agreed. Hard to come by when it comes to supplements sometimes do to the cost and financial gain.
There is always going to be some hesitation (rightly so) when the people promoting the product do the studies
This same people have larger more robust clinical studies coming up as well.

Purus ourselves have used this new product in multiple combination trials to find something that would be more than just another fat burner/energy product.
Head Purus Labs Rep
www.Puruslabs.net

deumcole
Rep: +4,742
Locker Roommates
« Reply #3: August 20, 2014, 09:43:56 PM »
In for more info...
"A government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
- Thomas Jefferson

Violence, is forever.
Your silence, forced this war.

bosox516
Rep: +1,877
Locker Roommates
« Reply #4: August 21, 2014, 09:36:15 AM »
This same people have larger more robust clinical studies coming up as well.

As well as third party, I think a study with more subjects would be great. Also, perhaps a study that compares caffeine, theacrine, and other common stimulants. Definitely looking forward to more info.

Grambo
Locker Roommates
« Reply #5: August 21, 2014, 09:41:01 AM »
As well as third party, I think a study with more subjects would be great. Also, perhaps a study that compares caffeine, theacrine, and other common stimulants. Definitely looking forward to more info.

Agreed!
I'm someone who distrusts many compounds without research, too much doesn't pan out. The initial information this showed was too good to pass up for Purus though.
Once I have some we will be bringing it to SR to be reviewed.
Head Purus Labs Rep
www.Puruslabs.net

eddiev2
Rep: +251
Locker Roommates
« Reply #6: August 21, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
Agreed!
I'm someone who distrusts many compounds without research, too much doesn't pan out. The initial information this showed was too good to pass up for Purus though.
Once I have some we will be bringing it to SR to be reviewed.

I'd definitely be interested

sdunlimited
Rep: +2,012
Locker Roommates
« Reply #7: August 22, 2014, 04:06:37 AM »
Always interested in seeing what's on the cutting edge for energy/focus products.  Looking forward to more info on this

davidian
Rep: +1,049
« Reply #8: August 27, 2014, 03:27:51 PM »
Subbed in for this, Purus truth!

Grambo
Locker Roommates
« Reply #9: August 27, 2014, 10:25:23 PM »
Subbed in for this, Purus truth!

You know it! We only spit the truth.
This product looks like it will be big. Our research team and CEO himself invested major time a and effort on this one. Believe me that the goal is always to make things we would use and want, not just what may be a flash in the pan money maker. We want something real.

TeaCrineTM is the world’s first IP-protected, branded, and “nature- identical” source of theacrine. This patent-pending purine alkaloid is found naturally in the leaves of the legendary Chinese Camellia assamica var. Kucha tea and in the fruit of the Brazilian Cupuaçu plant. Purus Labs will be featuring this formula in their new product TheaTrim, set to launch later this year.
Head Purus Labs Rep
www.Puruslabs.net

Grambo
Locker Roommates
« Reply #10: September 23, 2014, 02:02:36 PM »
Head Purus Labs Rep
www.Puruslabs.net

Grambo
Locker Roommates
« Reply #11: September 23, 2014, 02:03:18 PM »
Hitting shelves this week
Head Purus Labs Rep
www.Puruslabs.net

Wis3guy
Rep: +3,098
Locker Roommates
« Reply #12: May 08, 2019, 08:32:48 AM »
Spammer

Copyright © 2019 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved!